Options

The [steam] thread: Enter at your backlog's risk!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Any good small lightweight claw grip mouses you guys would recommend?

My current one is half broken and I've gone through three new mouses but none of them have felt quite right so far. Too heavy/big.

Still looking around and googling but thought someone here might have a suggestion or two. Having a hard time finding something that will fit comfortably in my tiny Trump hands.

Logitech M315? That's what I use for my work laptop and it's pretty small/lightweight. No idea how it does for any gaming.

I would do my usual thing and strongly plug my Logitech G600, but that is very much not a lightweight/small mouse. Also, it's really only worth it if one plays lots of mmo's.

We're mouse twins! I use a Logitech M315 with my laptop. It's tiny and light. I used to play games with it all the time until I started putting enough hours into GW2 that I decided I needed an MMO mouse and picked up a G600. But yes, the M315 worked fine for me, although it does have just the regular two buttons and the wheel/button, if the number of buttons matters.

And if you want lots of buttons, man does the G600 have that covered!

Yes, yes it does. I walked into an instance in World of Warcraft and immediately realized how many buttons there were when I started to use them.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I've been sucked into Total Warhammer again.

Karl Franz is my homeboy

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I will third the suggestion of the Logitech M315 for a lightweight mouse; I use one at work and it's a very comfortable mouse.

For gaming, I'm hopelessly hooked on my Logitech G5 but they haven't made them in years. I need a tilting click wheel and it is sadly not a common feature at all these days. It's also anything BUT lightweight.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I will third the suggestion of the Logitech M315 for a lightweight mouse; I use one at work and it's a very comfortable mouse.

For gaming, I'm hopelessly hooked on my Logitech G5 but they haven't made them in years. I need a tilting click wheel and it is sadly not a common feature at all these days. It's also anything BUT lightweight.

Don't most gaming Logitechs still do the tilt wheel? I know the G502 does anyway.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016

Don't most gaming Logitechs still do the tilt wheel? I know the G502 does anyway.

G600 does. Click to either side is even configurable per-profile in the Logitech software. As is the click-down of the middle wheel.

Honestly, I forget about the tilting wheel in games. I should think if there's any functions I can use the tilting for improved performance/convenience in games. :biggrin:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Baz sent zombies after me!

6cf4dnagktop.jpg

• Options

G600 does. Click to either side is even configurable per-profile in the Logitech software. As is the click-down of the middle wheel.

Honestly, I forget about the tilting wheel in games. I should think if there's any functions I can use the tilting for improved performance/convenience in games. :biggrin:

I map it to strafe left/strafe right. It's especially good for MMOs where you need to dodge crap.

Glad to hear it's not completely gone from Logitech's gaming mice. I bought one (G300) a while back just assuming it would be part of the standard features and was sorely put out.

• Options
    gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    @Baz sent zombies after me!

6cf4dnagktop.jpg
    That's gBAZ... I could not use BAZ on pa forums since it was taken :(

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Man, the lighting effects in EDF 4.1 are way better than in the original version of the game, and by that I mean it actually has lighting effects.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Cannot stop cleaning viscera. Send help.
    Seriously, help me some of these levels are enormous. Hit me up for multi!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    I am the plague bearer and the unclean. I am the shadow in your peripheral vision. I am the mechanic tinkering with your toys for my own murderous purposes. I am the fox, most dangerous and deadly when cornered.

I've completed the main game of Dishonored! I know I'm super late to this but whoa what a game! I started out being all stealthy til I learned that all the best gadgets and powers lean towards a more... murderous approach. Giving into my baser instincts I played it like my last run of Deus Ex HR, stay stealthy but if seen murder everything... and I mean everything. Even going so far as to go back to the beginning of a level and explaining to random civilians why they shouldn't say that they'd seen me. Dead men tell no tales.

I think my favorite thing about this game, very late game spoilers:
    Letting my four legged friends attack martin and a regiment of guards to bring them all together, stopping time, placing traps on all of the stairs leading away from my killing platform, lobbing grenades, teleporting away, unfreezing time and watching it all unfold without a single person seeing me.

Pretty sure I won't ever be doing a no kill stealth run in this game just because there aren't enough cool things to do in a run like that. I really think there should probably be more nonlethal options but besides that it was an awesome game. After a little bit of shelf time I'll most definitely do a low chaos run but I think I should have tried that first because now I'm going to be wishing I could just go in guns blazing again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Caved and bought the bundlestars bundle. Too many good games I don't have and Skullgirls can stop tormenting me.

Still have one duplicate and one game I have no interest in so share the wealth:

Lethal League:

Loading...?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Reus

Loading...?

• Options
    May have missed someone else saying it earlier but Starbound just hit 1.0 status. Spose it's time to be a cannibalistic plant person.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Scratchy wrote: »
    I am the plague bearer and the unclean. I am the shadow in your peripheral vision. I am the mechanic tinkering with your toys for my own murderous purposes. I am the fox, most dangerous and deadly when cornered.

I've completed the main game of Dishonored! I know I'm super late to this but whoa what a game! I started out being all stealthy til I learned that all the best gadgets and powers lean towards a more... murderous approach. Giving into my baser instincts I played it like my last run of Deus Ex HR, stay stealthy but if seen murder everything... and I mean everything. Even going so far as to go back to the beginning of a level and explaining to random civilians why they shouldn't say that they'd seen me. Dead men tell no tales.

Letting my four legged friends attack martin and a regiment of guards to bring them all together, stopping time, placing traps on all of the stairs leading away from my killing platform, lobbing grenades, teleporting away, unfreezing time and watching it all unfold without a single person seeing me.

Pretty sure I won't ever be doing a no kill stealth run in this game just because there aren't enough cool things to do in a run like that. I really think there should probably be more nonlethal options but besides that it was an awesome game. After a little bit of shelf time I'll most definitely do a low chaos run but I think I should have tried that first because now I'm going to be wishing I could just go in guns blazing again.

Back alley brawl in the dunwall trials dlc.

11 rounds, shoot as high as you can, post your score.

?.jpeg

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular

Oh my, why didn't I do anything this fun when I played it?!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Back alley brawl in the dunwall trials dlc.
    11 rounds, shoot as high as you can, post your score.
    /snip

Oh I'll definitely be giving the dlc a shot, probably not that good though. I was playing on normal with the "enemies frequently miss" charms equipped.
    Ashe wrote: »

Oh my, why didn't I do anything this fun when I played it?!

To be fair, doing stuff like that is a gross waste of resources, but by that point I was swimming in potions and figured "why not?" I think all together I killed 9-10 guards (hard to count gibs) and used three pietro potions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Bit late to this, but words cannot describe what a wonderful game The Banner Saga is. By finishing it, I've also managed to knock a game off my backlog for the first time in about a year!

Everything about it is so beautifully done. So many feels. The long march dynamic also reminded me of one of my favourite stories - The Chain of Dogs from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, where an army tries to protect hundreds of thousands of refugees as they flee across a war-torn continent. Epic and heart-wrenching stuff, and had similar vibes all the way through Banner Saga.

10/10 - has become one of my favourite games of alllll time. Thanks again @Berylline for originally gifting it to me!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Finished Amazing Spider-Man! The game was honestly pretty great, all except the annoyance of constant crashes (known issue, no patch, no fix). The swinging and fighting were pretty solid, and though it didn't do for Spidey what Arkham did for Batman (i.e. make you feel 100% like the hero you are playing), it was a good 90% there. The web slinging felt right, the combat system had just enough different from Arkham that it felt not quite like those games. The stages, though, were annoying in that you had to play back through them to find any collectibles you missed, instead of being able to Metroidvania around to backtrack. I would say with the crashes and a few minor missed opportunities, it was just short of greatness.

It also made me realize that Sony doesn't really want to make Spider-Man films; their movie plots work much better as the impetus for 30 hour long multiple boss video games.

Thanks to @vamen for the web-slinging fun!

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    SONY only wanted Spider-Man for the money people would give them. That's why they rebooted the franchise. To prevent it from just reverting back to MARVEL.

They threw in the towel because the reboots were so shitty and now they're jointly making MCU movies.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Bit late to this, but words cannot describe what a wonderful game The Banner Saga is. By finishing it, I've also managed to knock a game off my backlog for the first time in about a year!

Everything about it is so beautifully done. So many feels. The long march dynamic also reminded me of one of my favourite stories - The Chain of Dogs from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, where an army tries to protect hundreds of thousands of refugees as they flee across a war-torn continent. Epic and heart-wrenching stuff, and had similar vibes all the way through Banner Saga.

10/10 - has become one of my favourite games of alllll time. Thanks again @Berylline for originally gifting it to me!

That was excatly comparison i made - it's like a spiritual adaptation of Erikson's books.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Finished Amazing Spider-Man! The game was honestly pretty great, all except the annoyance of constant crashes (known issue, no patch, no fix). The swinging and fighting were pretty solid, and though it didn't do for Spidey what Arkham did for Batman (i.e. make you feel 100% like the hero you are playing), it was a good 90% there. The web slinging felt right, the combat system had just enough different from Arkham that it felt not quite like those games. The stages, though, were annoying in that you had to play back through them to find any collectibles you missed, instead of being able to Metroidvania around to backtrack. I would say with the crashes and a few minor missed opportunities, it was just short of greatness.

It also made me realize that Sony doesn't really want to make Spider-Man films; their movie plots work much better as the impetus for 30 hour long multiple boss video games.

Glad you enjoyed it. 2 is more of the same but I think I liked 1 more.

If only they would port Web of Shadows, my favorite SM game, to Steam. It has problems as well but it's my favorite web swinging since Spiderman 2. They did SO good with the animations and the variety of them.

vamen on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    SONY only wanted Spider-Man for the money people would give them. That's why they rebooted the franchise. To prevent it from just reverting back to MARVEL.

They threw in the towel because the reboots were so shitty and now they're jointly making MCU movies.

While true, that's everyone's operating procedure. Marvel just happens to make good movies doing it.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

While true, that's everyone's operating procedure. Marvel just happens to make good movies doing it.

And SONY was making good Spider-Man movies. Until they saw Venom dollar signs and fucked it all up.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    When I think about the 3rd Spiderman it literally makes me angry.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

And SONY was making good Spider-Man movies. Until they saw Venom dollar signs and fucked it all up.

They made one prior to the 2002 one then?
    I liked the Green Goblin's costume/tech and that's pretty much it.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Looking back, I've enjoyed lots of the Spider Man games. PS1 games, Ultimate Spider Man on oXBox, even Spider Man for 2600 as a kid.

I'll have to check out Amazing Spider Man at some point.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

I map it to strafe left/strafe right. It's especially good for MMOs where you need to dodge crap.

Glad to hear it's not completely gone from Logitech's gaming mice. I bought one (G300) a while back just assuming it would be part of the standard features and was sorely put out.

So do you still have strafe on A and D (or equivalent)? Or do you use a different keyboard setup?

• Options
    So how do I beat the level in EDF with all the Hectors? Mission 23, "Giant Robots". I've played it a bunch of times and can't get past it. There's just too many of them and the NPC soldiers are all but useless.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Shoot the robots until they die. Don't get hit.

This is the EDF way.

• Options
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    So how do I beat the level in EDF with all the Hectors? Mission 23, "Giant Robots". I've played it a bunch of times and can't get past it. There's just too many of them and the NPC soldiers are all but useless.

If I'm thinking of the right mission, start by running away from the hectors, then see if you can pick off one at a time from extreme range. I think I used a rocket launcher with crazy range.

Also, replaying earlier levels on harder difficulty is pretty much the EDF way. I think it's level 10 or 11 that starts you off with a bridge behind you and just swarms of enemy fighters? Play that one a few times on harder modes and you can rack up some bigger guns and healthier health.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I actually put the difficulty down to easy for that fight, until I could pick up higher level weaponry. The hectors just have so much health that by the time you take one out, two more have made their way to you. Its really rough, even with a helicopter I'd run out of ammo before I could down enough, and couldnt get another heli out before I was overwhelmed.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

So do you still have strafe on A and D (or equivalent)? Or do you use a different keyboard setup?

The tilt isn't directly accessible to games so I need to map it to a keyboard press. I just leave strafe on q and e and then map the tilt to those. I use the thumb button for "back" so in MMOs where you press both buttons to go forward I'm never moving with the keyboard.

It's a little wonky but it works really well for classes where you are moving all the time.

• Options
    Like if the tortoise would lock on a bit faster and travel a bit faster, I could probably swing it right now. But yeah, I just had to set it to easy for now. I don't have high enough level weapons to go back and play earlier levels on hard. At least not high enough to make up for my terribleness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Glad you enjoyed it. 2 is more of the same but I think I liked 1 more.

If only they would port Web of Shadows, my favorite SM game, to Steam. It has problems as well but it's my favorite web swinging since Spiderman 2. They did SO good with the animations and the variety of them.

Does 2 have the same crashing issues as the first one? I like what appears to be some more classic characters showing up in the second game, but those crashes, oof.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    trfy3z6anecv.png

Each week for 4 weeks there will be a different game up for grabs. The winner of the game will be selected at random from all of the submissions, but my favourite three will also get points. 3 for first, 2 for second, and 1 for third. Whoever has the most points at the end of the 4 weeks will get a game of their choosing for $30 or less (in Maple Bucks). If you have no interest in the game (or already own it) that is currently being given away but still want to make a submission to have a chance at the "grand" prize just let me know with your submission. If there is a tie I will just randomly select a winner.

Week 1: Saturday, July 16 - Saturday, July 23 (Midnight Saskatchewan time)

The first game up for grabs is:
    vlgcp8choh6s.jpg

Submit how a historic heist could have been more successfully pulled off if it were robots committing it instead of humans.

The Winner of the first week is @DyasAlure !!! I will send the game once we are friends.

Thanks to everybody who entered, I really enjoyed reading all of them, and picking my favourite 3 is going to be tough!

The points are going to be kept secret until the end, so make sure you enter each week to have a chance at the game of your choice! I will post the next giveaway some time later today. The next one is sure to keep you from being outside.

(The first person to send me a correct guess of what the next game will be, before I post what it is later tonight, will get it immediately!!!)

chuck steak on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    EDF 4.1 is basically joy.

Below is a link to @Viking doing his part by punching out Godzilla while driving a giant robot, as well as many explosions.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/35632170/#Comment_35632170

I really thought Godzilla would be the high point in the enemy desi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzY099ihULs

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    EDF is basically Starship Troopers 2: Hell on Earth.

Join the EDF and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

VijpHTF.jpg

They're doing their part, are you?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ry6lK6t.png

Speaking of EDF... @JaysonFour saw fit to equip me with new gear for bug-shooting.

Thanks! <3<3<3

(Pink tank!)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I started playing Starbound on the laptop. I have no idea what I'm doing here. Seems fun.

This discussion has been closed.