Options

Portend: A Post-Apocalyptic Pirate [Phalla] - Game Over!

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    In all of these instances you are adding non alcoholic ingredients in a situation where we need to increase alcohol density. Are any of you even real pirates?

Don't we need to decrease density to add buoyancy?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    80 proof rum is less dense than water, I assume that as the proof goes up, the density will continue to decrease.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Has Everclear been invented yet?

• Options
    If not, we should get started on that. How far along is distilling technology?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

You're approaching this the wrong way. Try this:
    @Burnage

How far along is distilling technology?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    OK, so we seal an empty (vacuum, not air) bottle of rum on top of a full bottle of rum. What evaporates to fill the void will be more concentrated alcohol than what remains. Separate the bottles and rapid cool to get it into liquid form for your drop or two of highly alcoholic rum. Repeat x10^20.

Of course we could always just add some more yeast to increase the fermentation yield? (IDK anything about distilling).

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    OK, so we seal an empty (vacuum, not air) bottle of rum on top of a full bottle of rum.

So is it still a bottle of rum if the rum's not in it? Does the thing -- the bottle -- have purpose? Or do we?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    80 proof rum is less dense than water, I assume that as the proof goes up, the density will continue to decrease.

In that case we just need water tight barrels and rope. We can just tie a raft of rum behind us. I think we solved this one and can now drink and pirate safely.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

In that case we just need water tight barrels and rope. We can just tie a raft of rum behind us. I think we solved this one and can now drink and pirate safely.

... How do you propose to repel the Rum Squid when they inevitably try to claim it?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »

You're approaching this the wrong way. Try this:
    @Burnage

How far along is distilling technology?

Far enough that you can get drunk to a satisfactory extent.

Trying to produce anything else would be a waste of raiding or fighting time.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    What sort of tepid bilgerats be you all?
    You can sacrifice your grog to the brine for all I care.
    I'll be going out pirating, attacking some likely vessel, taking their booty, taking their rum and making merry all the way home.
    We don't need all this gaudy foppery as long as we have a breeze and the tattered shells of our enemies behind us!

discrider on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Can we insult swordfight?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I heard there might be rum.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Clarification denied.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Is this chicken with a pulley in the middle of it a sword?

discrider on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

We can, you insult like a dairy farmer!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

We can, you insult like a dairy farmer!

How appropriate, you retort like a cow.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Just so everyone knows, I intend to flip a coin every night and either drink or commit piracy based on the result, because they both sound like so much fun I just can't decide.

• Options
    Role PMs will be going out shortly. Here is an example role;
    You are a Pirate of Portend!

What fate led you here is uncertain, but you've pledged your allegiance to this cruel city. Now you fight to save it from a dark threat lurking within.

You have 5 HP.
    You have a simple sword - 1 Attack.
    You have plain clothing - 0 Defense.

Each night, you may take the following actions:
    Assault - Choose a target player and damage them.
    Piracy - Leave Portend for the night to go raiding, in order to acquire new treasures.
    Drink - Crack open the rum. This may lead to a variety of effects.

You have the following objective:
    Ensure that all threats to the city of Portend are eliminated.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Does piracy prevent being assaulted?

discrider on
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Does piracy prevent being assaulted?

No. Assume that your assailant waits until you've returned from your voyages, or manages to attack you before you leave.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Day One: Blood in the Water

Tensions rising. Tempers flaring. A young man lies crumpled, an ornate dagger planted between his ribs. Who is responsible? This was no duel, no honourable combat.

Something is wrong in Portend.

The culprits need to be found.

Before the city tears itself apart.

Day One has now begun, and will last for 22 hours. All role PMs should have been sent out - if you have not received one, think something is wrong, or need clarification, please message me.

Burnage on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Avast ye landlubbers there be booty awaiting!

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Avast ye landlubbers there be booty awaiting!

Swiggity swooty, mate.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Hie dry I am
    *hic
    How dry I am
    Nobidtknows ... How dry I am

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    So sayeth the dread pirate BirdBeard .........

"Avast ye scalliwags, any scurvy dog (cough cough Obifett) who dares try to analyze this pirate's Real Life drinking issues in a foolish attempt to slander my name, will be chasin' mermaids and other non-existant figments of the imigination......"

aaaaar, i suck at talking like a pirate, and i haven't played in a long time, and i don't know or remember half of you , but feel free to contact me via semaphore....

• Options
    corvidae wrote: »
    So sayeth the dread pirate BirdBeard .........

"Avast ye scalliwags, any scurvy dog (cough cough Obifett) who dares try to analyze this pirate's Real Life drinking issues in a foolish attempt to slander my name, will be chasin' mermaids and other non-existant figments of the imigination......"

aaaaar, i suck at talking like a pirate, and i haven't played in a long time, and i don't know or remember half of you , but feel free to contact me via semaphore....

Yaarr. His entire ship be a crow's nest. Yarr.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfol_TLLnIw

Let's get that out of the way, while we're at it.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I got this scar on my face during a mighty struggle. Gizzy

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    AustinP0027 for being one of two people who killed me last game. I am going to have to keep you and Martoss from teaming up again.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    cj iwakura isn't an appropriate pirate name!

• Options
    I owe cj iwakura a redvote.

• Options
    Someone has to vote for Kime

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Brody for being on my bandwagon in Wrestlephalla.

I'd vote for Locus, but he's sitting this one out. I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN, I WILL NOT FORGIVE.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    OK, so we seal an empty (vacuum, not air) bottle of rum on top of a full bottle of rum. What evaporates to fill the void will be more concentrated alcohol than what remains. Separate the bottles and rapid cool to get it into liquid form for your drop or two of highly alcoholic rum. Repeat x10^20.

Of course we could always just add some more yeast to increase the fermentation yield? (IDK anything about distilling).

We don't distill rum, we steal rum.

What you are advocating, working for a living?! That's not very pirate like.

MrTLicious[/b[

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Me heart is scarred from the bullets ye put in it Brody (just a friendly grudge vote is all)

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    discrider
    I Arr not a tepid bilgerat.
    Although that expression not be making a lot of sense to be introspective.
    Bilge being the outside bottom of a ship an all.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    discrider

Mafia like a thousand games in a row. Are we really willing to take another chance?

• Options
    discrider
    I Arr not a tepid bilgerat.
    Although that expression not be making a lot of sense to be introspective.
    Bilge being the outside bottom of a ship an all.

Yarr.
    That not be the common folk meaning of the word at all.
    Bilge be the muck that seeps into your socks as ye retrieve the rum 38thDoe.
    Would not have expected ya to not be familiar with it, all ya smell considered.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'd be remiss if I didn't get to grudge premium at least once, so lets get that out of the way.