Options

[Titanfall]

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Does it seem like Titanfall 2 has a better weapon progression? Like you're still working towards things you'd actually want after the first 10-15 hours?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    If you want a weapon that rewards positioning over precision aiming the shotgun is still in the game. That was my go to in Titanfall 1 when I didn't feel like aiming.

Hard to tell what pogression will be like from the limit alpha. I hope there isn't much personally.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ok...I think I've played too much on PC. I'm not sure if it's the PS4 pad or something is off but aiming is a bit wonky for me. My impressions so far:
    1. The new progression seems fine so far.
    2. This is nitpicking but I really don't like how the R201C looks.
    3. I'm not sold on Bounty Hunt just yet. It isn't as pick up and play as Attrition was.
    4. Pilot Hunt somehow feels like a watered down BLOPS3.
    5. It feels slower. I'm still not sure if this is good or bad.
    I actually want to buy it...for PC. Yes, I know, the population might die off quickly but...I just think M+KB feels better for this game for some reason.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Bounty Hunt does feel a little weird. Is it a replacement for Attrition?

Titans are a lot more fun now. It has slowed down a bit, agreed. I'm ok with it, it makes long range weapons a lot more viable. Any faster and it would be too much like Black Ops 3

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Bounty Hunt does feel a little weird. Is it a replacement for Attrition?

Titans are a lot more fun now. It has slowed down a bit, agreed. I'm ok with it, it makes long range weapons a lot more viable. Any faster and it would be too much like Black Ops 3

I really hope its not a replacement for attrition as I like it way less.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    sprint may be able to rival grapple. It's so fast

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The titan recharge system seems pretty easy honestly. I'm still getting 1-2 titans a match when I'm doing terribly, and they last a lot longer now. A pilot kill got me like 20-25%.

The titans are honestly a huge improvement this time around.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The titan recharge system seems pretty easy honestly. I'm still getting 1-2 titans a match when I'm doing terribly, and they last a lot longer now. A pilot kill got me like 20-25%.

The titans are honestly a huge improvement this time around.

titan charge rate seems to vary hugely between modes. It's wayyy slower in hardpoint

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    That's probably reasonable. Ill have to give hardpoint a shot, it should be a lot more enjoyable with the slightly slower pace.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I performed a couple "Get over here!" Moves with the grapple and I knew it was the only perk I would ever need. Pretty satisfying to keep pestering a Titan with it, too
    https://youtu.be/yxQv2yJyGQw
    https://youtu.be/xBOgk0aIWik

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Jesus the movement is even better.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Jesus the movement is even better.

Granted, I only played about 30 minutes but it feels a little floatier to me. It's been a while since I played T1 so it may just being too far removed.

Otherwise the game seems alright. Not great, but as good as T1 so far.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Really like what I played last night. Enough for me to not buy COD? Probably not, but definitely something that is on my radar.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Has there been any news about whether Titanfall 2 PC will be as controller friendly as the first one? I mostly play on an HTPC these days, so it's a major consideration for me.

• Options
    Longhorn PrimeLonghorn Prime Registered User regular
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    Has there been any news about whether Titanfall 2 PC will be as controller friendly as the first one? I mostly play on an HTPC these days, so it's a major consideration for me.

No word yet but I agree. TFPC was VERY controller friendly.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I performed a couple "Get over here!" Moves with the grapple and I knew it was the only perk I would ever need. Pretty satisfying to keep pestering a Titan with it, too
    https://youtu.be/yxQv2yJyGQw
    https://youtu.be/xBOgk0aIWik

More like, Attack on Titanfall!

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Another game another stomp. I don't think the ofher team made more than 500 money the whole game.

At one point we has all our titans up and they had none, they were utterly screwed from there on out.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm noticing that Bounty Hunt tends to end with a lot more blowout games than I saw in Attrition. Maybe it's just the current player pool?

Also went ahead and set up one of the player networks for XB1 folk, tag's under Pax Arcadia (because I have no imagination for naming things).

Mechanical on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I hope the full game has more time trial courses like the one in the tutorial. I think I had more fun with that than the MP.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Finding for the Thunderbolt that it's way more effective the further away you are. Seems its ideal use is for shooting just around whatever you're aiming at and letting the arcs cook whatever it passes by. Kinda reminds me of the BFG from Quake 2.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I like all the new stuff (abilities, weapons, titan) and the game looks great, but I'm not sold on the structural changes from the first game. There's a bigger, if not unwarranted, focus on straight PvP, but it's leans way more towards traditional PvP than I want from Titanfall.

I spent most of my time in the first game was running around killing grunts and spectres while avoiding pilots, rather than trying to rack up pilot kills. I never once played Pilot Hunter and mostly avoided similar modes like Marked for Death. In the beta, only one of the gametypes actually has AI, and they're few and far between.

Honestly if it weren't for the campaign, which looks like a ton of fun, I'd be tempted to pass on this.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    I like all the new stuff (abilities, weapons, titan) and the game looks great, but I'm not sold on the structural changes from the first game. There's a bigger, if not unwarranted, focus on straight PvP, but it's leans way more towards traditional PvP than I want from Titanfall.

I spent most of my time in the first game was running around killing grunts and spectres while avoiding pilots, rather than trying to rack up pilot kills. I never once played Pilot Hunter and mostly avoided similar modes like Marked for Death. In the beta, only one of the gametypes actually has AI, and they're few and far between.

Honestly if it weren't for the campaign, which looks like a ton of fun, I'd be tempted to pass on this.

True, but for that one game mode with AI in the beta one of the best strategies is just to farm the AI and hide from other players while cashing in your money. It even has elite AI spawns like you might find in a MOBA.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Smart pistol was fun, but its a new game! I'll judge it on its own merits, not on the features I liked in other games.

Seriously. If Titanfall was being made or broken for you based on a single weapon--one that wasn't even usable inside the actual namesake Titans--it really sounds like you didn't actually like the game outside of one very specific circumstance.

Which is perfectly fine, not everyone liked the game. But especially in the wake of a heavy focus on a singleplayer experience, this really probably isn't the game for you... :(

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Smart pistol was fun, but its a new game! I'll judge it on its own merits, not on the features I liked in other games.

Seriously. If Titanfall was being made or broken for you based on a single weapon--one that wasn't even usable inside the actual namesake Titans--it really sounds like you didn't actually like the game outside of one very specific circumstance.

Which is perfectly fine, not everyone liked the game. But especially in the wake of a heavy focus on a singleplayer experience, this really probably isn't the game for you... :(

I primarily used the smart pistol because it let me contribute meaningfully in a game where otherwise I was being sniped with an SMG by a small brown hopping thing at the edge of my vision before I even knew there was something there.

If all the game elements I used to basically make the game fun/playable for me (smart pistol, titan timer, AI hunting) have been deprecated in favor of bog-standard twitch shooter things because of "skillz", then yeah, I'm not even interested, and to hell with how much single-player there is. CoD has a campaign too, and I still don't give a crap about that.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

I primarily used the smart pistol because it let me contribute meaningfully in a game where otherwise I was being sniped with an SMG by a small brown hopping thing at the edge of my vision before I even knew there was something there.

If all the game elements I used to basically make the game fun/playable for me (smart pistol, titan timer, AI hunting) have been deprecated in favor of bog-standard twitch shooter things because of "skillz", then yeah, I'm not even interested, and to hell with how much single-player there is. CoD has a campaign too, and I still don't give a crap about that.

A solid third (really one in three) of the game modes we have seen so far is entirely about slaughtering AI, with elite bounty AIs that are far more important than AI ever was in Titanfall 1. And killing AI fills your titan meter very fast.

And there is still the shotgun that promotes the "outflank rather than outaim" style of play (far better than the smart pistol ever did imo).

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Having the smart pistol, the weapon that was designed to make the game accessible to multiple skill levels, unlocked mid-game by playing well seems like an incredibly backwards decision.

• Options
    I mean you build charge for it, like the other power ups, by killing pilots or by killing AI, so you can farm it up by shooting mooks plenty easy.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Also its seems easier to farm AI with the regular weapons this time around too.

And grenades having cooldown helps too.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    The whole timer vs score debate is kind of pointless since Titans are significantly different now anyway. They do more and last a lot longer.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    The whole timer vs score debate is kind of pointless since Titans are significantly different now anyway. They do more and last a lot longer.

They definitely last longer if people are feeding them batteries.

They are also considerably more fragile, in a way, because they can't take a few hits, hide, regen shields, over and over like they could before.

• Options

Not really. Timer: I get one guaranteed, just slower. Score: I might not get one at all.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I did the cool thing!
    http://i.imgur.com/LgbPD99.mp4

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    okay now that there are grappling hooks where are all the Attack on Titanfall videos

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Having the smart pistol, the weapon that was designed to make the game accessible to multiple skill levels, unlocked mid-game by playing well seems like an incredibly backwards decision.

It's always an issue with easy to use weapons. Unless there is something better than it that requires a higher skill to use everyone will just stick it the easy to use guns.

• Options

It's always an issue with easy to use weapons. Unless there is something better than it that requires a higher skill to use everyone will just stick it the easy to use guns.

Which was the case in Titanfall 1, everyone pretty much just used the CAR SMG if they were trying to be competitive.

• Options

For killing pilots, basically everything was better than it. It was absolutely amazing for silently annihilating AI squads though, which I loved. I am reasonably certain I never once got a pilot kill with it using the "smart" functionality. "ADS and spray bullets thataway as fast as possible", yes, a couple, but there's so many other things that do that better.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Hmmm I didn't play to much of it but I swore it was a popular choice when I played.

Maybe I'm misremembering it.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Yeah. It's almost always an SMG or AR type gun that does it too - mainly a function of level design not having any real instances where they can be engaged from out of range (even sniping tends to be a matter of ambush rather than outranging). One thing I've liked about the Battlefield games in the past - enough open areas to make their disadvantages keenly felt. Actually, the first Titanfall could be okay at that too depending on level, since they all have tons of rooms for titans... but the problem is that overlooking those with long range weapons is asking for a titan to take notice, so mobility is king on foot.

The smart pistol generated SO MUCH SALT though.

So much tasty tasty salt. (I freely admit to loving the damn thing because I could focus more on my movement and keeping up with someone's parkour)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy