Options

[Mobius FF] The Other, Other F2P Final Fantasy Mobile Game

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I use a Cait Sith (for the heal, debuff removal and resistance) and Moogle (Magic Buff), and frequently use an Artemis for the Break Power boost. If you don't need the larger heal, Break Power and Magic Buff are two good ones to have.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I wish extra skills weren't a pain to get.

Is there any rumor for when the next batch of jobs will be?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So apparently the reason Pupu clean your clock is that they level in relation to your player level, the thing that has no bearing in the game except for max stamina. Odd system.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I haven't had too much trouble with them, apart from dear god do they take a lot of killing.

Are there seriously no fire skills for Rangers? Like... What the hell am I supposed to do with all these orbs, just pray I can rent something? The Pupu only uses so many!

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I try to rent something. Or just use them as a barrier which is a waste of a good turn and orbs.

Odd, I managed to clear the enture PuuPuu area by turning Auto on and letting thr computer grind my wins and spirits. Maybe I managed to stumble across some sort of good combo?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What level are your decks and what color is the circle?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    With my ranger I just have a salamander card equipped. It isn't like the lack of a bonus matters that much when our stats are still shit. Better than wasting orbs on barriers and junk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    What level are your decks and what color is the circle?

Uh... I don't know, but I think most of the cards are 20ish. Green circle. I don't play with the difficulty slider or anything.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I don't fucking understand why the UFOs in every stage are Wind element. Why don't they vary? Why does this event specifically fuck over my one pulled Job card which wants to farm Wind skillseeds?

Earth primary job cards are raking in 9x-15x multipliers and I can't even come close to competing with that.

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Rius wrote: Β»
    I don't fucking understand why the UFOs in every stage are Wind element. Why don't they vary? Why does this event specifically fuck over my one pulled Job card which wants to farm Wind skillseeds?

Earth primary job cards are raking in 9x-15x multipliers and I can't even come close to competing with that.

I feel your pain. I got so frustrated with this Hunter Pupu problem that I summoned 2nd job yesterday. Thief. At first I was dissapointed I drew another ranger job. My tutorial maxed Ares would remain in the bin. Then I noticed he uses earth! Huzzah! I splurged on a Max Boost for the first time, Asmodeus the new ranger single target earth break. I'm farming soooo much faster. Just Asmodeus and 3x Pupus, hard, level 27, 200 area, 918 skill seeds each battle (378 wind). Rent any support really.

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Luq wrote: Β»

I feel your pain. I got so frustrated with this Hunter Pupu problem that I summoned 2nd job yesterday. Thief. At first I was dissapointed I drew another ranger job. My tutorial maxed Ares would remain in the bin. Then I noticed he uses earth! Huzzah! I splurged on a Max Boost for the first time, Asmodeus the new ranger single target earth break. I'm farming soooo much faster. Just Asmodeus and 3x Pupus, hard, level 27, 200 area, 918 skill seeds each battle (378 wind). Rent any support really.

Ok I am missing something. How are you getting earth orbs to do this?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    The upgraded Pupu cards seem very strong in comparison to the -Shift cards you can get from the Ability shop. I just finished pumping the Wind Pupu to 4*, which doesn't require Growstars, and it has Enhance Wind +5% and Resist Wind +25%. And it seems to me that using Wind Orbs to turn Normal Attacks into Wind Attacks for several turns has increasing benefits with Speed.

In comparison, my 4* maxed Inugami with Flameshift only offers Attack Up +3% and Enhance Fire +3%, with no fire resist.

Between the two there are some differences in the Extra Skills (the -Shift skills heal and cost no orbs, the Pupu skills get neither), but the Pupu cards seem vastly more useful overall. Being able to use 3 Fire Orbs to turn all my Attacks into Fire is extra useful when I don't yet have a developed in-class Fire Attack skill card.

• Options
    The Pupu cards also cost no actions once fully upgraded, which is nice.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I went ahead and bought the Mobius Gift Box today and with the Job Summon cards I pulled Dark Knight. I was ecstatic until I saw that Dark Knight uses Fire, Water, and Wind orbs. I have no way to do earth damage now and I'm not sure what cards to build on the Dark Knight.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Adamanterrapin is live! There are a ton of rewards for placing well by next week as well as just clearing the 50 floors of the tower.

And the Adamanterrapin itself is an Earth Mage card, wooooo!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Going to be so much nicer farming this event, what with the turtle being earth element. My 4* Griffin and Wind Pupu and 3* Gusion will go a long, long way.

• Options
    Broke 400k points for the first time, got a 7.5 multi =) Going round the loop at the top of the Adamant event now.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    What's the best way to get high multipliers? I've been just getting 2.75-3x for the adamantoises at the moment. I'd love to double that.

Edit: Just as an FYI: Attack = your auto attacks. Magic = Abilities (physical or otherwise; all abilities).

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Hitting the Weakness of Broken mobs and doing tons of damage, basically. I think you get a little penalized if you use the same skill over and over to do so, or maybe just If the fight runs long.

• Options
    Broke 400k points for the first time, got a 7.5 multi =) Going round the loop at the top of the Adamant event now.

Wow what team are you using? Also how did you get to the top of the tower already? I don't think I've wasted stamina today and I'm only around 25 I think.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    if you haven't wasted an ounce of stam, you could clear by now if you started at like midnight. I'm at 43 and I haven't used any stam refills or overflow.

• Options
    Ah okay, I'm at 42 but I didn't start near midnight. They are getting expensive stamina wise.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah I burned a couple Elixirs, I haven't really used any so I have a ton.

Rius on
  • Options
    Up to 55 bosses killed, got 519k on that one. 10x seed multiplier with the gift box bonus included is pretty nice!

The loop of five bosses continues infinitely, though it's up to red difficulty now.

I'm running Hunter, on the 4th panel with five panels unlocked for a total of 45 ATK, 30% Magic, and 15 Break Power, plus the Extended Break panel.

Deck is;

4* Rogue Single Target Air (6/8 ability, 3/4 extra skill)
    3* Rogue Single Target Water (3/6 ability, 1/3 extra skill)
    3* Fat Chocobo (4/4, 3/3)
    3* Gusion (3/4, 2/3)

The Water skill is there if one of the precursor wave bosses is Wind, otherwise shit would take forever. Fat Chocobo provides tankiness and healing before and during the Adamant fight, Gusion provides additional tankiness and healing, and mega Wind orb fuel.

Griffon is hitting for 5700 crits. The Adamant spends most of his time in Break; if he pulls off his Earth Tremor move then I've done something wrong. However, with Chocobo and Gusion up it only hits for ~900 and i can recover from that.

Gusion is my super MVP, very awesome that it eats UFOs. I just wish I'd farmed up him and my Byakko before the event started.

• Options
    I'm beginning to get the idea that AE/multitarget abilities are vaguely crap, huh.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Later on there are multitarget cards with huge amounts of break

But yeah, the ones we have now are not super good

• Options
    I get the feeling I'm going ability shopping then. The Yuna's still okay, so's the 3+ Wind one, but otherwise I need different stuffs bad.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm beginning to get the idea that AE/multitarget abilities are vaguely crap, huh.

Later on in chapter two you need aoe to deal with the swarms.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Up to 55 bosses killed, got 519k on that one. 10x seed multiplier with the gift box bonus included is pretty nice!

The loop of five bosses continues infinitely, though it's up to red difficulty now.

I'm running Hunter, on the 4th panel with five panels unlocked for a total of 45 ATK, 30% Magic, and 15 Break Power, plus the Extended Break panel.

Deck is;

4* Rogue Single Target Air (6/8 ability, 3/4 extra skill)
    3* Rogue Single Target Water (3/6 ability, 1/3 extra skill)
    3* Fat Chocobo (4/4, 3/3)
    3* Gusion (3/4, 2/3)

The Water skill is there if one of the precursor wave bosses is Wind, otherwise shit would take forever. Fat Chocobo provides tankiness and healing before and during the Adamant fight, Gusion provides additional tankiness and healing, and mega Wind orb fuel.

Griffon is hitting for 5700 crits. The Adamant spends most of his time in Break; if he pulls off his Earth Tremor move then I've done something wrong. However, with Chocobo and Gusion up it only hits for ~900 and i can recover from that.

Gusion is my super MVP, very awesome that it eats UFOs. I just wish I'd farmed up him and my Byakko before the event started.

These events are so annoying because I have no use for wind seeds. I can get a high score if I slot for wind, but there is really no point because the extra seed payout is worthless in wind.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Well, the PuPu event pays out big if you slot earth, but I have no great need for those so far. You'll probably need wind eventually for something.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I don't make earth orbs :(

I can't do the floors above 50 at all. All my things are max level, guess I need a different job or 4 star guys.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I uh, don't want to test this, but can you leave the event and come back? I don't see a teleport node, and don't want to do something stupid like try to farm up something and then get bent.

• Options
    I imagine you can. if you leave a map and come back you're normally at the same spot.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I can't get through the post tower floors at all.
    I think I'm going to restart Mage is worthless.

I spent all day trying every different combination of guys nothing.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    At 65 boss kills now. I'll be able to do another circuit at this rate, though keeping Fat Chocobo up 100% of the time is super important now. If I hit a drought of support orbs, I'm in big trouble.

Top 3000 is ~69 boss kills. Be interesting to see how much it's risen by the morning

• Options
    Found this job ranking based on the JP data at the time of where we are now in the history of the game. I was right, mages are terrible for a long while. I think I'm going to pull some more job tickets when Dragon Knight comes out because the great jobs will massively outweigh the bad jobs in the pool. Although I'd love a Knight or Dark Knight now. Its so weird for me to think about having things removed from the pool. Most gacha games aren't so nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xexnw/web_archived_jp_job_rankings_from_when_it_was_at/
    Snap 1 (Jun 30, 2015)
    Type	Onion Ring	Ring 1	Ring 2	Ring 3
    Warrior	Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (85)	Dark Knight (70)
    Mage	Apprentice (10)	Mage (40)	White Mage (85)	Black Mage (100)
    Ranger	Fledgling (10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (85)	Thief (100)
    Snap 2 (Aug 03, 2015)
    Type	Onion Ring	Ring 1	Ring 2	Ring 3	Ring 4	Ring 5
    Warrior	Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (85)	Dark Knight (90)	Samurai (95)	Dragon Knight (95)
    Mage	Apprentice (10)	Mage (40)	White Mage (80)	Black Mage (95)	Red Mage (100)	Scholar (100)
    Ranger	Fledgling (10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (80)	Thief (95)	Assassin (90)	Dancer (95)
    Snap 3 (Sept 16, 2015)
    Warrior	Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (80)	Dark Knight (80)	Samurai (100)	Dragon Knight (100)
    Mage	Apprentice (10)	Mage (40)	White Mage (80)	Black Mage (80)	Red Mage (80)	Scholar (100)
    Ranger	Fledgling (10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (80)	Thief (80)	Assassin (90)	Dancer (100)
    Snap 4 (Oct 6, 2015)
    Warrior	Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (75)	Dark Knight (80)	Samurai (85)	Dragon Knight (95)
    Mage	Apprentice (10)	Mage (60)	White Mage (75)	Black Mage (80)	Red Mage (80)	Scholar (95)
    Ranger	Fledgling (10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (75)	Thief (80)	Assassin (90)	Dancer (90)
    Snap 5 (Oct 16, 2015)
    Type	Onion Ring	Ring 1	Ring 2	Ring 3	Ring 4	Ring 5	Blitzball Ring
    Warrior	Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (75)	Dark Knight (80)	Samurai (85)	Dragon Knight (95)	Tidus (85)
    Mage	Apprentice (10)	Mage (60)	White Mage (75)	Black Mage (80)	Red Mage (80)	Scholar (95)	
    Ranger	Fledgling(10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (75)	Thief (80)	Assassin (90)	Dancer (90)	
    Snap 6 (Nov 12, 2015)
    Type	Onion Ring	Ring 1	Ring 2	Ring 3	Ring 4	Ring 5	Blitzball Ring	HERESY Ring
    Warrior	Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (80)	Dark Knight (75)	Samurai (85)	Dragon Knight (95)	Tidus (85)	Knight of Heresy(95)
    Mage	Apprentice (10)	Mage (75)	White Mage (75)	Black Mage (80)	Red Mage (75)	Scholar (90)		Heretic Philosopher(95)
    Ranger	Fledgling (10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (70)	Thief (80)	Assassin (85)	Dancer (90)		Heretic Ninja (90)
    Snap 7 (Dec 1, 2015)
    Onion Ring	Ring 1	Ring 2	Ring 3	Ring 4	Ring 5	Blitzball Ring	HERESY Ring	Crusade Ring
    Onion (10)	Warrior (20)	Knight (80)	Dark Knight (75)	Samurai (85)	Dragon Knight (95)	Tidus (85)	Knight of Heresy(95)	Paladin (75)
    Apprentice (10)	Mage (75)	White Mage (75)	Black Mage (80)	Red Mage (75)	Scholar (90)		Heretic Philosopher(95)	Imam (75)
    Fledgling (10)	Ranger(20)	Hunter (70)	Thief (80)	Assassin (85)	Dancer (90)		Heretic Ninja (90)	Viking (75)

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm doing the top circuit with my archmage at the moment, though I could just do it with black mage/apprentice mage.

Cockatrice/adamanterrapin/faith/enwater(just for the water skill seeds. Would put cure in here as needed).

Drop nuke, then break, then faith, then 9999. Repeat.

I made sure to max ability level tje cockatrice and adamanterrapin. The damage is ridiculous.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: Β»
    I'm doing the top circuit with my archmage at the moment, though I could just do it with black mage/apprentice mage.

Cockatrice/adamanterrapin/faith/enwater(just for the water skill seeds. Would put cure in here as needed).

Drop nuke, then break, then faith, then 9999. Repeat.

I made sure to max ability level tje cockatrice and adamanterrapin. The damage is ridiculous.

Can you share how you'd do it with apprentice mage? I don't do anywhere near the damage to kill the terrapin at 52 without being able to drive earth.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Man, warrior is pretty much bottom of the barrel hah.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    The nice thing is that once you draw the three first batch jobs everything else seems to be mostly decent just with different playstyle.

38thDoE on steam