As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mobius FF] The Other, Other F2P Final Fantasy Mobile Game

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Ignore onion knight after you get literally anything else. All the starter things are just utter crap in comparison unless you just really really want to play that type.

Hunter is really strong and easily gets 4 turns, which is great.

Byakko/Griffon/Asmodeus are the current single target ranger abilities that retain really good value even in current jp meta.

Honestly with hunter I might just use the en spells since their base attack and speed are nice and high

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm definitely planning on using Enfire at least to make up for no Firefang

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Also, what kind of ability targeting mix do you guys bring? One single, one cone, one area, one support? Two supports?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    My score farming team before this event was Ifrita (area), a filler water card that I never used the ability of, Moogle (Magic boost), Cait Sith (debuff removal/big heal), friend ability usually Artemis for Break Power boost. It'll probably include Enfire or Enearth now.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    So you just element drive the other two elements and chain Ifrita over and over? In an area with Water element groups of mobs?

I'll probably focus on augmenting and skill maxing my Byakko, since Hunter's weapons have an increased chance to draw water orbs. And the skill panels boost Wind damage, hence my work on Treant. And fire is already covered thanks to the maxed Belias. If I need to bring Earth, I can switch to Neophyte Ranger and drop Belias for the maxed Raiden.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Yep, Inner Temple level 2's the best, particularly with a wandering Mantis. My high score team did swap the filler water ability for a warrior single target fire ability that did no damage but which broke smaller enemies better.

If earth mage cards existed, I would, of course, have one in there.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    We don't really have the cards to pull it off yet, but you want area breakers with a single target attack that gets the biggest boost from your job. (That is to say, later on in your job panels jobs will usually rack up upwards of +250% for one element)

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: Β»
    We don't really have the cards to pull it off yet, but you want area breakers with a single target attack that gets the biggest boost from your job. (That is to say, later on in your job panels jobs will usually rack up upwards of +250% for one element)

You have no idea how much I want the Combat Surgeon panels unlocked for the Fire Damage boost :(

Characters
  • Options
    I just really want Judge Master

It's a job that can use all of its elements equally well

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I drew Mage and have gotten to the third panel before realizing that crystals are unobtainable. It worries me that I don't hear anyone talking about Mage heh.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Crystals are a rare, rare drop from the wandering bosses. They're also event rewards (PuPu has a chest of 3 of them), and you get 5 crystals for completing all areas in each chapter.

Characters
  • Options
    You can buy them with magicite as well, which isn't the worst use of the "spare" 1000 a month I could think of

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are mages a bad job to advance then?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Not particularly, White and Black Mage are really solid and they do a boatload of damage to enemies when they're broken.

Any of the summoned job cards right now will do fine though.

• Options
    I like Mage in that it gives me a more useable weapon for my White Mage.

Characters
  • Options
    The only problem with Warrior/Ranger/Mage is that they don't have their Quickness update baked in right now, so they'll get fewer actions than other summoned jobs

• Options
    My mage has 4 actions. How many actions do the other classes get?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited August 2016
    My WHM has 5. Dark Knight can hit 6 right now I believe?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Oh wow. What's the pulling strategy in this game?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited August 2016
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Oh wow. What's the pulling strategy in this game?

Pull for jobs when there is a job you want that you don't have, you can't get dupes

I wouldn't summon abilities because ability tickets are more common than summon tickets, and most abilities can be maxed out via grinding

I'd suggest saving up 3000 magicite every month to buy the monthly box, which gets you six summon tickets along with a bunch of other stuff, so you're looking at roughly one job per month with like 1000 leftover magicite

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Which abilities should I summon with ability tickets?
    Right now I am running Succubus/Cockatrice/Kirin/Yuna and trying to bring friends with 4* mage cone attacks.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Personally, I think with the cards we have access to now, the single target stuff is largely the best option for every class.

The area spells have drastically lower break, which limits their usefulness a lot

• Options
    Thanks. Where do you farm gil? I apparently need 200k to augment something to 4* Have nowhere near that much.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Go kill Gold Cactuars

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Man, i feel so far behind. And I just started. Admittedly I've pretty much just been doing the daily missions and calling it a day though.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Something I just noticed today that is really nice for repeatedly grinding an area on auto: when you click on an area, at the top right of the window that pops up there's a little boot symbol. If you click that, the confirmation box changes to "Quickstart" which automatically loads into the area without having to pick a friend sub and click through all of those. Rather, it picks the Friend Ability sub for you and loads the zone.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    That QuickStart also cuts out the walking cutscene. Too bad it brings in single target water versus water swam causing me to die.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Maddoc wrote: Β»

I'm trying to decide if the Hunter's weapon's "slightly higher chance to draw water orbs" is worth anything. For my area breaker, should I go Water (more orbs?) or Wind (job boosts?) Even through a completed panel 4, I only get +15% Enhance Wind and +55% Magic. 5% and 30% of that respectively will take forever to attain as they're on the 4th panel and I only just started the 3rd.

Compared to my Onion Warrior who has progressed to Knight, the Hunter is incredibly squishier and not all that faster at killing shit. 5 stars of Crit and 11 more Break Power does not seem to make up for 56 less ATK. And my Onion Knight has more HP, 35% more Magic, the same Speed, etc.

Like, the Hunter's schtick is keeping an enemy constantly Broken, so Defense is not needed. But that doesn't help me when there's 5 enemies and 3 are beefy. I can use an Area ability to smash all their Break meter, but I still have to go and individually Attack them to actually Break them, then hope I get crits on my Ability uses while they're Broken so I can actually kill them. Then repeat with the next dude. I'm fine once I get to the boss but the trash waves are murder.

The Ranger ability Extra Skills seem worthless in comparison, too. Higher chance of critical against a Broken enemy, criticals generate random orbs, criticals do more Break gauge damage. It'd be better if they were reversed in order, and they're literally of zero use unless I crit, which I'm not doing nearly often enough even with 5 stars.

Compare to Warrior ability Extra Skills which offer smaller numbers but dependable consistency, or Mage abilities which significantly reward using the proper element which you're going to do anyway.

Rius on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I feel like I'm constantly doing something wrong since I'm not able to beat any red stages without a phoenix down, or incredible amounts of luck getting support orbs. My Thief is on his 3rd skill panel, so sure, I could be powering up right now, but to get any kind of decent numbers on skillseeds, I can't rely on auto battle in even an orange level stage or risk losing.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm constantly doing something wrong since I'm not able to beat any red stages without a phoenix down, or incredible amounts of luck getting support orbs. My Thief is on his 3rd skill panel, so sure, I could be powering up right now, but to get any kind of decent numbers on skillseeds, I can't rely on auto battle in even an orange level stage or risk losing.

Maybe you just need levels on your cards?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Molten Cores in the Item Shop today if you want to spend some of your spare magicite.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The cost of grow stars is kind of depressing.

I guess even without 4* stuff I do fine and the jump to all 4* shouldn't be super easy but ugh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Was reading from people playing the JP version that 4->5 is easier than 3->4 because of the price and relative scarcity of Growstars

• Options
    I'm so happy pupu is ending today. Getting intensely sick of being "Aerogax2!"ed to death.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    It runs through September 16th, not August 16th >.>

• Options
    Ohhh....

Pupu

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So starter jobs are crappier than pulled jobs, yeah? To the point where I should switch to this Hunter I pulled even though I have crap comparatively for cards?

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    So starter jobs are crappier than pulled jobs, yeah? To the point where I should switch to this Hunter I pulled even though I have crap comparatively for cards?

Pretty much. Just pick up some cards from the ability shop, if you don't have the tickets now, you can swap later when you get some more. No reason to invest more in the start jobs.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Pretty much. Just pick up some cards from the ability shop, if you don't have the tickets now, you can swap later when you get some more. No reason to invest more in the start jobs.

Mm. I took your advice, and accidentally bought an Earth hunter card that I can't use. Booooooooo. Oh well, just need 2 tickets for that.

• Options
    What is the best healer card for a Mage? I am guessing Yuna not is not the best for any but I am not sure what to buy or if I should Max skillet when I buy it seems like support ability guys don't drop often

38thDoE on steam