Options

Always the backup, never the [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Good news! The Fred Meyer near work already has Christmas stuff up in the seasonal section.

Ten years prison. No appeal.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    In CK2, my young nephew was my bitter rival for some reason.

hSdw4M4.jpg

Best uncle.

this battle description seems implausible

With my shield I heave you in an arc over my shoulder and

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    In today's episode of wow, I learned that you should never ever die in a dungeon if you are the only character who can rez because the instance maps are fucking worthless.

There is not an instance in wow that is not basically a straight line. Besides if you died going in, can't you retrace your steps?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Good news! The Fred Meyer near work already has Christmas stuff up in the seasonal section.

the forces of the christmas corps have stolen a march on us

rally the troops

It's hopeless. They've learned from the mistakes of the past. Everything they make is flame retardant.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You pull a boner, Mistah J.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    We have christmas stuff up at my work too but they are only toys so no one knows that we only have them because of christmas

Neco on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    CrkgoxC.jpg

• Options

the forces of the christmas corps have stolen a march on us

rally the troops

It's hopeless. They've learned from the mistakes of the past. Everything they make is flame retardant.

I don't see how you can make clothes that makes fire stupid matt, and I think that word is forbidden.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    omg another of my friends was in a horrific accident apparently

playing soccer, went for a header, somehow hooked another guy's tooth and split his head open

wtf

also now i'm afraid to go outside you know this shit comes in threes

just waiting to hear someone else got injured first

I was in a car accident on monday, so its already been a three chanus. Unless, unless we aren't friends, I don't think I could bear it.

oh thank god

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    movies-the-lord-of-the-rings-actors-bernard-hill-theoden-scene-the-two-towers_wallpaperswa.com_63.jpg

So it begins...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Lady Raven's cat is still AWOL. The Final Destination is still in play, it's going for the double triple.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Teen Titans did an episode where Santa plotting to make it Xmas year yound..

Prophetic?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Neco wrote: »
    In today's episode of wow, I learned that you should never ever die in a dungeon if you are the only character who can rez because the instance maps are fucking worthless.

There is not an instance in wow that is not basically a straight line. Besides if you died going in, can't you retrace your steps?

Its all fun and games until you miss that left turn with the small and easy to miss passageway. Also everything is new I ain't got shit memorized! I just follow the group to make sure no one dies. Except me of course.

Neco on
  • Options
    Lady Raven's cat is still AWOL. The Final Destination is still in play, it's going for the double triple.
    :sad:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hmm

I'm noticing more of the, uh, implicit racism in the concept of Klingons as I watch this show

• Options
    Hmm

I'm noticing more of the, uh, implicit racism in the concept of Klingons as I watch this show

Look you can hate Klingons they are another race.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hmm

TOS?

Yeah, I recall the Mongols being cited as an inspiration.

• Options
    Despite kitty noisily demanding food regularly, they can go weeks without.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    It's more that all Klingons are black (especially early on in TNG) and they have a "savage warrior culture" and are often derided as less "evolved" and etc.

A little too close to typical white supremacist ideas imo

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    It's more that all Klingons are black (especially early on in TNG) and they have a "savage warrior culture" and are often derided as less "evolved" and etc.

Look just because they are good at singing and dancing and only seem to kill each oth.... oh... oh god.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Look just because they are good at singing and dancing and only seem to kill each oth.... oh... oh god.
    There's that whole celebrating Klingonzaa thing, too... :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Were there episodes where Klingon warrior prowess was on display? Don't they regularly get defeated even in unarmed combat by Federation officers?

• Options

Andy Richter is a bit more bitey on twitter.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    hm

so i have beef, broccoli, jalapenos, and onions

but no clue what order to cook them in to make the most delicious beef. i'm thinking since it's all grass fed beef and has a leaner profile I should cook the broccoli first. but idk

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I don't particularly see any specific parallels between Klingons and black or African people.

The "honor race" is a very old fantasy and sci-fi trope.

dwarves, kzinti etc.

• Options
    Were there episodes where Klingon warrior prowess was on display? Don't they regularly get defeated even in unarmed combat by Federation officers?

TNG and DS9 had more stuff with Klingons all not being useless. Though a lot of that was Worf being bad ass.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

They come into their own in DS9 I think

Even Worf kicks some ass

• Options
    Pretty sure the black people were the black people in Star Trek.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hm

but no clue what order to cook them in to make the most delicious beef. i'm thinking since it's all grass fed beef and has a leaner profile I should cook the broccoli first. but idk

i would parboil the broccoli, sautee the onions, add in the jalepeños, then the beef very soon after, then the broccoli

if you're doing this stir-fry style

• Options
    edited September 2016

This is a symptom of the kind of writing you'd get on TV back in the day, I think

In later episodes of TNG and in DS9, you get a better idea of Klingons as dangerous hand to hand combatants and of possessing superior strength/endurance compared to humans. I recall an episode where they talk about it being crucial not to let Klingons board because they'll tear through the place?

In TNG Worf is just the speed bump to show a villain is dangerous; in DS9 when he gets an opening he breaks someone's neck with his bare hands.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    hm

i would parboil the broccoli, sautee the onions, add in the jalepeños, then the beef very soon after, then the broccoli

if you're doing this stir-fry style

you a phenom

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't particularly see any specific parallels between Klingons and black or African people.

The "honor race" is a very old fantasy and sci-fi trope.

dwarves, kzinti etc.

Romulans are totally the british though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

They were designed to be space-USSR basically in TOS. Warlike and authoritarian.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    hm

First comes love,
    Then comes marriage..

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the white and black people were the black people in star trek. The black and white people are the white people.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Like the black people planet they visited in an early season of Next Generation.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    on a whim, i bought god eater 2
    PvEKcrb.jpg
    perfectu

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the white and black people were the black people in star trek. The black and white people are the white people.

nicely done

• Options
    In this episode of House MD, the irascible Doctor House has tricked Wilson into thinking he has a long lost 11 year old son, going so far as to hire an actor to play him.

What a scamp! :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    oh my god you fucking nerds

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.