As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Always the backup, never the [chat]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    You know I knew I was involved in the J thing, I just knew that was my jam.

J thing?

Where J was extolling us on the virtue of him being able to take on multiple dogs at once. And not like how Chanus does it.

He has a collapsible baton on his person at all times if I remember correctly

I take a certain amount of comfort that despite the fact that a psychiatrist has said I have issues with paranoia, I don't do stuff like that. It makes me feel like I have my shit mostly together.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i feel sorry for the guy who gave Dickshooter, ID, its name

or respect

i guess depending

If anyone goes on his land that old man says he'll shoot em. Right in the dick.

Hey be careful partner that there is a dick shooters land.

Nah fuck that place. That guy is a Dick shooter.

Just idk put up a sign and warn people about the damn dickshooter.

What happened to Wharton?

Shot. Right in the dick.

What

Hand to God. We was cuttin' cross some ol' feller's field. Man popped up out of a hole like a goddamn prairie dog. Blew Wharton's cock clean off with his shotgun.

Jesus

Yep.

Yep.

Mhmm.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    You know I knew I was involved in the J thing, I just knew that was my jam.

J thing?

Where J was extolling us on the virtue of him being able to take on multiple dogs at once. And not like how Chanus does it.

He has a collapsible baton on his person at all times if I remember correctly

I take a certain amount of comfort that despite the fact that a psychiatrist has said I have issues with paranoia, I don't do stuff like that. It makes me feel like I have my shit mostly together.

Yes the internet is great for the jerry springer effect.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    there's a place called George, Washington

haha craazy

If it's not the first town to be incorporated after that area became known as Washington I am disappoint

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Tbf I was inspired by that scene from Preacher, but more of something out of like a mock-Deadwood kind of thing

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aww yiss, new Primitive Technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AoGc-OTCk

• Options
    Tbf I was inspired by that scene from Preacher, but more of something out of like a mock-Deadwood kind of thing

I knew that felt like I'd seen it before.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    a

Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    http://www.popsci.com/indigo-production-started-6000-years-ago-in-peru-whats-happened-to-it-since-then

Ancient peoples in Peru were dying cloth before the Egyptians were noted too. Go Americas!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    WoW wants me to get 100 fel blood.

Silly WoW.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

Silly WoW.

Well you refused to get the ten rat tails, so it's upping the ante.

• Options
    edited September 2016

Silly WoW.

Im still stuck on it wanting me to spend 50k, I live on a deadish server still, on mats to get Obliterum going.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Aww yiss, new Primitive Technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AoGc-OTCk

i just get more and more angry at the video the longer i watch it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    The bad scifi book cover conversation from earlier reminded me of something.

Remember when scifi and fantasy book covers would often have naked people (usually but not always women) as long as they were in profile or their naught bits were strategically covered by scenery? Every cover artist wanted to be Boris Vallejo.

Several years back in a public library science fiction section i stumbled across a book from the 1970s, it was a pulp science fiction novel and the cover art was done in a Vallejo-ish style. It depicted a robot with several nude women clinging to it, apparently enthralled, and the robot itself was just phallic-shaped enough to obviously be a metal penis ithout running afoul of censors.

I wish I could find it again because it was so hilariously absurdly 70s and weirdly misogynist. I didn't read the book because it looked terrible but I'm still curious what inspired the cover artist to paint naked women worshipping a robot dick.

Something about the 1970s made loud displays of misogyny very in-style

what a weird, bad decade

That is not misogyny. It is sexism.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Silly WoW.

Im still stuck on it wanting me to spend 50k, I live on a deadish server still, on mats to get Obliterum going.

Whoa 50k? On what?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh thanks for reminding me to check today's Oregonian for trial coverage.

Rubs hands gleefully

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Rubs hands gleefully

I liked that they tried to hand out pocket copies of the constitution to the jury.

• Options
    It still cracks me up how sexist the opening to the Buck Rogers movie was.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Pokemon Red and Blue come so close to having perfect synchronization

For those who never played, the main gimmick of having two releases is because not all 150 pokemon are present in a single game. For example in a field in Red you might get an Ekans, but in Blue the same field would yield Vulpix

So in that way it encourages you to trade with someone of the other colour in order to fill out your Pokedex.

And there are a couple of choices which underline this! You can choose Hitmonlee and your friend choses Hitmonchan and then you swap together! You choose Kabuto and your friend Praises Helix, and you swap to fill out! Great!

Except for the three-way choices that exist, namely the choice of starter and which evolution to apply to Eevee. Because these are tenary and not binary choices, a Red and Blue collaborating together can only expect to have 148 Pokemon in their Pokedex, unless one chooses to start from the beginning again.

Feels like a hairline fracture in the logic of trading between the games.
    I can't remember what our solution to the Eevee issue was, but all we did was to repeat the start 4 times, each time picking the starter we weren't going to pick, and then rushing to the town where you unlocked trading and transferring it over to the other's gameboy.

That way we both started with all 3 starters. Easy solution!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    A pair of cut gay gymbros got on the train with a chubber pupper and I want nothing more than to pet their doggo but it would be rood

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Silly WoW.

Whoa 50k? On what?

All of those crafted items.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    But No lie gymbros are cute and doggo is hot

I mean wait

Flip it and reverse it

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Have they released the video where the guy makes a video recorder out of mud?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Rubs hands gleefully

I liked that they tried to hand out pocket copies of the constitution to the jury.

Wearing a shirt arguing for jury nullification was a gutsy move.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I've read one or two of the Sparhawk books, but I can't remember a single thing from them.

I liked the Sparhawk books a lot.

You had the Styrics who believed in the old gods, the momstrous klæl, Sparhawk was unique in that the gods could not see his destiny - made him this legendary person known as the anakha...

I mean, its total Sorcelator nonsense but young me enjoyed it a bunch.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Oops

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Tacked on multiplayer is dumb

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    We came here ...

To discover the Moon.

But instead, we discovered ...

ZiJmEXFl.png

That the Moon hates when you shoot it with a robot cube.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Blech, Lady Raven's jerk cat has escaped and is AWOL. Anyone got protips for reacquiring? She put up a craigslist about him already.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Blech, Lady Raven's jerk cat has escaped and is AWOL. Anyone got protips for reacquiring? She put up a craigslist about him already.

Try sitting in his spot.

navgoose on
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    But No lie gymbros are cute and doggo is hot

I mean wait

Flip it and reverse it

No

• Options

I believe the local animal control has cat traps you can bait and use. I don't know if they charge you to rent or not.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

How long has he been gone?
    Have you looked for him?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Tapping food cans/bowl. If it has any toys that make noise, walk around with them making the noise.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have more gold in WoW right now than I have ever had before. 115k across my character. 103 on my main.

I got the Vial of the Sands recipe so I've been selling that and making thousands at a time.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Tapping food cans/bowl. If it has any toys that make noise, walk around with them making the noise.

This.

And call him. He might not come when you call normally, but doesn't mean he doesn't know your voice or his name.

Also, he might be hiding somewhere. You might wander right by him and not see him because he's under a car or in a crawlspace, but if you make some recognizable noise, that could motivate him to come out and follow you.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.