As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fighting Games Part 423: Now is the winter of our discount Xrd

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    "anti-crack patch" and the details published with it sound like possibly the end of TOOL_ASSISTED... :(

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    sounds more like the end of PC version meaning anything

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Never mind

simulacrum on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    What is wrong with me.

OLD MAN

I can't possible be as old as Knob. He is so much for cranky than I am.

I'm not cranky, fuck you

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...Capcom should be doing as little as possible to piss folks off more.

• Options
    PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    sounds more like the end of PC version meaning anything

Eh. I'll grant that some people will absolutely drop a game on principal because software company pulled a stunningly boneheaded move, but the general population doesn't tend to abandon shit wholecloth unless it straight-up breaks. I suspect how many people dump the PC version is going to be proportionate to how many start having the game BSOD on them. And that's all assuming the backlash doesn't send Capcom into damage control mode, which, god, I'd really like to hope they would be right now...

Not saying it's impossible, but I doubt the sky is falling just yet. (Not for lack of trying, though. Jesus fucking christ, Capcom, what were you thinking.)

edit: nevermind I type too slowly, clearly.

Psycohed on
    brig_banner.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Also xrd $25 on psn now.

motherfucker i bought it on the play-asia sale and it still hasn't gotten here

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular

Apparently the security method that they were using violated Steam's guidelines for system access.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I didn't realize that was a thing Steam had, but I suppose it doesn't come up very often.

• Options
    Yes it turns out rootkits are bad and companies have been sued for trying to force them onto consumers

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    so what's the word on Urien? from the streams I've watched it just looks like more Gimmick Fighter V, the Gimmicking, but I'm hoping not

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    A program h
    Jasconius wrote: »
    so what's the word on Urien? from the streams I've watched it just looks like more Gimmick Fighter V, the Gimmicking, but I'm hoping not

Folks are still in the "Look at all the cool setups I found" phase.

It'll be a while before we figure out how good he really is.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    urien looks solid imo

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    lol somehow i had > $30 in my psn wallet.

hello xrd let's get bodied.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    anyone for kof?

or xrd?

@Folken Fanel

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Yeah let's kof

Characters I hate:

• Options
    i get a "cannot acquire room information" when i try to join from farngus invites

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I joined his room from psn menu

Characters I hate:

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Just saw the rollback go live on the SF twitter. I already uninstalled and I'm gonna wait until others confirm it works. What a mess.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Sorry Folken, my hand is really starting to hurt and if I got swept one more time I was gonna start hurling epithets at the tv.

• Options
    Ggs farangu.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Jasconius wrote: »

He has just fantastic pokes. I love using his st HK as an anti air, and his st MK will hit you from downtown.

You can combo out of overhead if you have v trigger, and it's hilarious. V trigger also enables some bonkers setups.

He also has a super easy target combo, LP xx MP. The damage is bad, but you can charge during it and get knockdown with H tackle. I've been using it to punish when I don't have charge ready.

Downsides: his reversal requires meter, but it's safer than most. He can't cancel any low hitting moves; best you can do is link cr. LK into either LP, which can cancel into headbutt.

You need to put in work for optimal combos. He can do f+ MP into headbutt, but you have to practice charge partitioning. My most effective meterless combo is pretty rough; harder than the Chun links into SBK. I do St. MP, cr. LP xx H headbutt.

He also has no cross up at all.

Overall, I think he's a bit like Balrog. He doesn't have very threatening lows, and he can't cross up. You just have to put up a wall of normals and projectiles while stocking resources. Once you're ready, you can end a match quickly.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Just saw the rollback go live on the SF twitter. I already uninstalled and I'm gonna wait until others confirm it works. What a mess.

It's rolled back now and there isn't the capcom driver+capcom.sys anymore for me so it is probably fine.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Grove wrote: »

It's rolled back now and there isn't the capcom driver+capcom.sys anymore for me so it is probably fine.

I just reinstalled it, but it's late so I'll fire it up tomorrow. I was really looking forward to playing tonight...oh well.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    templewulf wrote: »
    You need to put in work for optimal combos. He can do f+ MP into headbutt, but you have to practice charge partitioning.

That's not charge partitioning, that's just canceling a standing normal into a move with a down charge

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    You need to put in work for optimal combos. He can do f+ MP into headbutt, but you have to practice charge partitioning.

That's not charge partitioning, that's just canceling a standing normal into a move with a down charge

Yeah, you just have to pop the F+MP on the way up

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »

Yeah, you just have to pop the F+MP on the way up

Oh, huh, I guess that makes it easier than 3s. I'll just do that then. :+1:

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    SFV anyone?

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    SFV anyone?
    I'm game assuming you don't mind playing against a super shitty Urien. My tag is Cheerleader, can't remember if I have you added yet.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Blue map wrote: »
    SFV anyone?
    I'm game assuming you don't mind playing against a super shitty Urien. My tag is Cheerleader, can't remember if I have you added yet.

Invited.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I could use an invite! CFN is Denzetti.

• Options
    Deans wrote: »
    I could use an invite! CFN is Denzetti.

Invited.

@Blue map Added you on Steam so it's easier to talk about the matches.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    GGs @Euphemon and company. I really need to tighten up my execution, and also a bunch of other things.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Anyone around for late night kof?

Characters I hate:

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    GGs! I'm still pressing the wrong buttons at the wrong times, but I think I'm making progress. Still can't handle corner pressure and DPs though.

• Options

Ahahaha that's amazing. Wake up into meaty aegis, or eat OTG super. Urien just hast to react during the freeze frame, making it the easiest hit confirm.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Doesn't the freeze frame eat your inputs?

This discussion has been closed.