Options

Not [Chat]Some Enough

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    o fk u mazzy

*fights*

Not sure you could catch me with your ping.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    o fk u mazzy

*fights*

Not sure you could catch me with your ping.

if you're using Verizon I'm pretty sure you need to pay for that

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    On my prom I took my longtime girlfriend and we had a wonderful time and got home a little too late to have good sex so we just had mediocre sex instead

http://youtu.be/9OrS5Ym6vzU

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0

Anime declared, in fact, not a mistake.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    wait

Verizon FIOS?

Yes, but mine is the actual fiber optic stuff.

*hugs his 120 up and down speed*

Sometimes I break 135.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Just kidding I am typing anyway.

Junior year (we had 2 years of prom) I am shy and awkward. Never dated. My best friend wants me to go with his girlfriend's friend. She is not attractive to me but ok.

We go, we have dinner at this shitty chain Iowa place called THE GROUND ROUND, get in a limo, drive to prom, etc. The problem is she is complaining THE ENTIRE TIME. The entire time. Finally, young Castle snaps. This is a precursor to later Castle and will define him in both hearts and minds of his fellows and also himself. He asks another friend for the keys to his car because this friend didn't ride in a fucking limo to prom.

The friend, being a mensch and perhaps interested in what the fuck I am going to do, hands them over.

I drive to Dairy Queen. I like Dairy Queen a lot. I'm wearing my tux. I ask the girl I have a crush on if she'd like to go on a date when she gets off. She says yes. I have secured the first date of my life.

I drive home, change and wait for her to get off in like an hour and a half. I pick her up (still in my friends car, I'm pretty sure though this I do not remember) and we go to my place. We're going to watch a movie... so what do I put on? THE GODFATHER. WHY. We're like halfway through it cuddling on the floor when she looks at me and goes, are you going to kiss me?

So I did.

Needless to say, the girl I went to prom with was not pleased with my behavior.

Months later this girl I kissed ended up going on a band trip and making out with some dude so that ended that.

I made out with her younger sister a year later. Boom roasted.

*mic drop*

My junior prom was uneventful, but I went with an adorbs Bavarian girl, and our prom picture is the best picture ever taken as we were clearly the only actually attractive teenagers in history.

HOWEVER... Senior prom...

Ok, so my date was a freshman girl who I was all about. She cancels on me just a couple days before I go to get my suit and whatnot set up. Then she goes with a guy who I'd been beefing with real bad for a couple eyars. He tried to get his date rape on with a couple girls that night, while I played video games and drank PBR at home.

Later, in an entirely unrelated incident, I threw an 80's movie-level asskicking in his general direction. And, by 'general direction', I mean 'all over his torso and legs.'

I'm not proud, but literally the entire school was.

I later wore my prom outfit, which was a Zoot Suit, for my senior pictures. Yes, I did look fly as fuck, thanks for asking.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    apparently Guilermo Del Toro is filming a third movie here (Pac Rim and Crimson Peak were filmed here). And my local news are going batshit over his tweets about the city.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    fro lived out an 80s teen movie called it

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I forgot my headphones today

This is a DEFCON 1 style emergency

The doomsday clock is now at 12.57

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    wait

Verizon FIOS?

Sometimes I break 135.

I think I'll just wait until Google shows up out here

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I lived a 90s teen movie

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hi.

i'm 21stCentury.

And i'm gamesaholic.

• Options
    wait

Verizon FIOS?

Sometimes I break 135.

Have they already announced construction? If not don't hold your breath.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    I am unable to provide a selfie. As I'm highly against linking my face to this handle.. in the cyber but I'll be a SoPAX, maybe?, in January, if work doesnt declare another state of emergency.

Let me tell you about a little lifehack called gaining 60 pounds and being unrecognizable to yourself

Google AI would still be able to build a strong association; currently the association between me and this handle/forum, while it exists is at a low/medium confidence - I'd like to keep it that way because while I don't mind on a personal level, I do mind if my employer (current or future) finds me and my posts. I've deemed this place my 'safe-ish' space for just not giving any damns and posting about various things up to and including butts (opinions I have on products and development methods for things I actually make).

Basically, butts, man, butts

Let me tell you about another little lifehack for disappearing from online search results:
    Change your name to Joseph Stalin

@Grape Ape - I'm not concerned with the public search option. :bzz: I'm also a bit over zealous about certain things (that I still don't protect very well because lol, i'm dumb).

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

I thought that was Keijo for a couple half seconds.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    wait

Verizon FIOS?

Sometimes I break 135.

My town is so far down that list I ain't gonna wait.

I pay 100 a month for it+tv+a phone I don't know where to plug in. Actually the last one reduces the bill by 10 bucks.

Its either Fios or Cox.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok why does coughing hurt my shoulder so much? Shoulder's not even involved in coughing!

I've been waking up with a sore collarbone. Apparently my sleep position is putting extra pressure in it? I don't know.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    Wow the Arkham Asylum remaster looks horrid, the lighting fucked up all the atmosphere and the faces are ....god what happened to the faces!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNsT6g9SEAw

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I lived the life of a youtube documentary about highschool in highschool

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    But Castle let me regale you with High School Mazzyx Dating Adventure!

So the first girl I dated was my neighbor. Cute half Japanese girl, which of course didn't influence my taste in women at all.*shoves the history of most of his gfs being Asian under the couch*

So how we started in this very lovely high school relationship was me asking her out to homecoming. I got a yes and I was super pleased.

For marching band that day we had sectionals so I was with my normal folks and the upper classman. One was out bass clarinetist. Her exact response to this was, "Wait she said yes? WHO THE FUCK WOULD GO OUT WITH YOU? Poor girl."

So that was great.

That relationship ended in a great high school way, a friend telling me that she had broken up with me. This was news to me as well.

Later come to Mazzy's tale of being afraid to talk to a girl at the movie theater...

First girl I ever asked out was in 7th grade. Sarah. I approached her at lunch, asked her out 5-10 minutes before the bell.

She said yes.

I still remember, right now, 24 years later, exactly how my body felt before and after. Before I asked her out, I felt hot, like I was burning with a high-grade fever, like my skin was full of blood and the blood was literally on fire.

When she said yes, that feeling intensified. I lost the ability to hear - blood rushed to my ears and everything became a bit dim and faraway.

And...then...her friends, and everyone at the table. Overheard me. Overheard her.

I can still hear them asking "you're going to go out with him?" "He asked you out and you said yes?" "What? You're going out with HIM?" Like literally everyone at the lunch table. Which, like gravity, like a black hole, started sucking everyone in and pushing me out toward the edge of the event horizon which, looking back, is the most appropriate description of the scenario I can give.

I didn't even get to talk to her again that day.

The next day she approached me near our lockers and, crying, told me she couldn't go out with me.

My friend told me later that everyone convinced her not to date me.

To say that had a profound effect on me is something of an understatement.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Wow the Arkham Asylum remaster looks horrid, the lighting fucked up all the atmosphere and the faces are ....god what happened to the faces!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

• Options

This makes me think of the music with the rhythm games like beatmania I use to play.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    redx wrote: »

I thought that was Keijo for a couple half seconds.
    I am not that cavalier with my posting privileges.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I lived the life of a youtube documentary about highschool in highschool

I imagine you as the guy from brick with an accent.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    First girl I ever asked out was in 7th grade. Sarah. I approached her at lunch, asked her out 5-10 minutes before the bell.

She said yes.

I still remember, right now, 24 years later, exactly how my body felt before and after. Before I asked her out, I felt hot, like I was burning with a high-grade fever, like my skin was full of blood and the blood was literally on fire.

When she said yes, that feeling intensified. I lost the ability to hear - blood rushed to my ears and everything became a bit dim and faraway.

And...then...her friends, and everyone at the table. Overheard me. Overheard her.

I can still hear them asking "you're going to go out with him?" "He asked you out and you said yes?" "What? You're going out with HIM?" Like literally everyone at the lunch table. Which, like gravity, like a black hole, started sucking everyone in and pushing me out toward the edge of the event horizon which, looking back, is the most appropriate description of the scenario I can give.

I didn't even get to talk to her again that day.

The next day she approached me near our lockers and, crying, told me she couldn't go out with me.

My friend told me later that everyone convinced her not to date me.

To say that had a profound effect on me is something of an understatement.
    jfc

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

This makes me think of the music with the rhythm games like beatmania I use to play.

the folks who did the music for it are fairly well know EMD producer people.
    Edit: I don't think there's any particular connection to beatmaina though.

gahhh it's such a pretty thing. I'm like totes tempted to make posting thing on facebook or whatever about it.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

God why would you even bother remastering it now? It still looks great.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    JFC?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    JFC?

heysues fooking christo

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

The textures and detail are significantly better. It looks like they wanted to make the lighting softer to show off said textures. I agree it loses a little of that noir look, inside but it still looks atmospheric. I don't know guys. Maybe I'm just not as close to it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Oh.

Yeah.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Jersey fried chicken

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    God damn it why do I remember these things. That was literally 2/3 of my life ago.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Jason Fucks Camels

• Options
    I didn't go to my prom.

Me and the student body had an understanding. They let me build computers and robuts without ridicule or physical bullying. I didn't try to socialize with anyone in the beautiful/popular crowds.

It was a good arrangement.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

The textures and detail are significantly better. It looks like they wanted to make the lighting softer to show off said textures. I agree it loses a little of that noir look, inside but it still looks atmospheric. I don't know guys. Maybe I'm just not as close to it.

making the lighting softer to show off their textures is goddamn stupid

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I went to prom with the wrong girl

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    God damn it why do I remember these things. That was literally 2/3 of my life ago.

As you mentioned, it was a very formative event. Those kinds of hyper emotional/traumatic things will stick with you.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Jews For Christ

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.