Options

[2016 Presidential Election] Vote Early, Vote Often

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I would rather they filibuster the vote than not put him up at all.

Especially since the Dems would call that bluff and they would actually have to filibuster, rather than threaten to.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Pumpkins are ready. Time to indoctrinate the children.
    m25AEZ7.jpg

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    m25AEZ7.jpg

It's gonna get smashed.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Trump has thoughts on Putin.

EDIT:

What digby said.
    If it was anyone but Trump I might believe there was some sort of foreign policy philosophy behind it. But it is just plain ridiculous that the man who literally trash talkes everyone on the planet except his own children thinks we should be more "diplomatic" toward Putin. He is a bull in a china shop on every topic, saying everyone is a "disaster" and commanding them to bow down to American power. Except Vladimir Putin.

He may be right that being belligerent toward Russia isn't a good idea, but if so, it's a coincidence. He hasn't got a clue about international diplomacy or geopolitical strategy. There's some other reason he's saying this because it's so completely out of character. I'm not putting forth any conspiracy theories because I haven't a clue why he's so concerned about not offending this one person but it's very weird.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

For anyone who questions whether or not Trump TV can find a big enough audience to turn a massive profit, there's your proof.

Trump is going to lose the election, but that doesn't mean that the country isn't fucked.

Imagine every jury in American having at least 1-2 viewers of Trump TV on it, completely disconnected with all reality.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    m25AEZ7.jpg

Reminds me of the John Kerry faced pumpkin I did back in 04. I was a lot cooler back then.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    BBC has a breaking news story that Mike Pence's plane slid off the runway in New York. Looks like everyone on the plane is okay, thankfully.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    The Malheur thing made me sad, so I watched this to feel a little better:

https://youtu.be/YttscNOoAjA

also I checked on my mail-in ballot:

You have 1 Ballot Issued.
    Ballot 1

Ballot Return Date: 10/21/2016
    Ballot Return Status: The returned ballot is good.
    Thank You.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Putin has something on Trump

he has to

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

he has to

It's probably boring leverage, like straight forward investments. Or that his twitter bots will stop stroking his ego.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular

he has to

it's called a crush.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    It's probably something as boring as Trump wants to expand into Russia and Putin's people told him that to do so, he has to get the sanctions on Russia lifted.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Khavall wrote: »

he has to

it's called a crush.

nah, that's what Donald has on Putin.

also, a reminder that there's still at least one adult in this race.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Canipso wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Oh Jebus, enthusiasts I'm seeing are talking about how they've bet 3k-7.500$ on the Trump. :lol:

Gonna stay in those threads to see how these investments are paying out for them.

Damn, is there no way for me to get in on those bets?

My local furniture store had a promotion about 3 months ago. Buy furniture, pay for it, and then choose which party you think will win the presidency. If you're correct, you get a full refund and keep the furniture. I bought $8k worth of stuff.

Early voted this afternoon, Democrats +1. Turn Texas blue.

How does that make any sense as a promotion? At best, they're banking 50/50 odds of losing.

The only way that sounds like it might make any sense is if they're planning to declare bankruptcy before the refund checks go out.

I did some googling to try to figure out the store in question, and it appears that the store owner has done this sort of thing before and lost a lot of money doing it.
    Priest wrote: »
    Dammit I'm in Texas too, I could have used some free furniture!

I dunno, I'm pretty optimistic, but 3 months ago I still wouldn't have taken that bet.

She's been favored to win basically the entire race. In a pragmatic sense I'm with everyone on the "don't call it a win until it's won", but I'm still confident she will win.

Yessss mattress Mack!

He is the genuinely crazy salesperson that all the other crazy salespeople pretend to be

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2016

he has to

I don't doubt that he does, but I don't think he needs it. Trump is laughably easy to manipulate. If you take him seriously, act like he's the cleverest man in politics, like he's powerful, like he really gets how the system works, then he'll be convinced that you're the smartest, savviest person anyone could hope to meet.

It's not like it would have taken terribly long for Putin to figure that out. He does a lot of research on the people he meets. You can find photos online of Putin and Angela Merkel sitting in chairs while Putin's dogs roam about looking for attention. Putin looks happy and relaxed, while Merkel looks uncomfortable.

Merkel has a phobia of dogs. She was attacked by one when she was a little girl. Putin knew that before he arranged the photo op.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I love that picture of Obama just looming over Putin. It warms the cockles of my heart.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    m25AEZ7.jpg

It's gonna get smashed.

Maybe. I live in DC (in the "inner city hellscape") so I feel good about my chances.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Apparently the Pence plane landings are so consistently rough it's a standing joke among the press that they're all going to die. That's from one of them that Maddow was talking to tonight.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Gyral wrote: »
    It's probably something as boring as Trump wants to expand into Russia and Putin's people told him that to do so, he has to get the sanctions on Russia lifted.

Yeah, he does his financial business in Russia because US banks won't have anything to do with him. Though it would be surprising considering how colossally stupid the guy is in everything else, he may actually realize that you don't bite the hand that feeds you when it comes to Russia.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    My sister texted me tonight apoplectic about my mom professing she had already early voted for Trump.

Sis is a huge Clinton fan already, wants Hillary to break the glass ceiling. Got to put her mind at ease with some good wisdom I picked up from the forum here about the electoral map and both Clinton's built in and operational advantages.

She told me to vote twice as hard here to cancel mom's vote (she's in Chicago, mom and I in Ohio), and I told her I would.

Sis and I don't talk much- this was really cool. Politics CAN bring people together!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Even Clarence Thomas thinks obstructing SC nominees is a bad idea.
    Thomas told the Heritage Foundation that the obstruction of Garland’s appointment to the court is undermining confidence in the United States judicial system.

“I don’t think [obstruction]’s going to work in a republic or a civil society. At some point, we have got to recognize that we’re destroying our institutions and undermining our institutions,” Thomas said.

Hmmm

this is good news if hillary decides to do something drastic like unilaterally appoint a justice on the basis that congress has abdicated their duties by not advising in a timely manner or whatever

• Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Trump will find a way to blame this on Hillary.

Which is odd because normally the gays get blamed for bad weather.

I'm pretty sure HRC has been called a lesbian a number of times, so...

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

For anyone who questions whether or not Trump TV can find a big enough audience to turn a massive profit, there's your proof.

Trump is going to lose the election, but that doesn't mean that the country isn't fucked.

Imagine every jury in American having at least 1-2 viewers of Trump TV on it, completely disconnected with all reality.

In which universe is something Trump created popular or profitable.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Putin reacting to the news of the Trump being President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPuJvwjtvY

• Options
    glimmungglimmung Registered User regular

he has to

I don't doubt that he does, but I don't think he needs it. Trump is laughably easy to manipulate. If you take him seriously, act like he's the cleverest man in politics, like he's powerful, like he really gets how the system works, then he'll be convinced that you're the smartest, savviest person anyone could hope to meet.

It's not like it would have taken terribly long for Putin to figure that out. He does a lot of research on the people he meets. You can find photos online of Putin and Angela Merkel sitting in chairs while Putin's dogs roam about looking for attention. Putin looks happy and relaxed, while Merkel looks uncomfortable.

Merkel has a phobia of dogs. She was attacked by one when she was a little girl. Putin knew that before he arranged the photo op.

Wow that is pretty fucked up.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    glimmung wrote: »

he has to

Former KGB.

• Options
    glimmung wrote: »

he has to

I misremembered. It was one dog, not two. His black Labrador.

But yes, Putin is a manipulative bastard and the more I learn about him over the years the more I'm sure the stuff he gets up to that we don't know about yet would make Trump look like a decent Human being.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Biden being considered for Sec.State in a Clinton admin.

If I remember correctly, Biden was much less interventionist than Clinton was in the Obama admin. Perhaps a sop to those who see Secretary Clinton as too hawkish?

Or, this early, just mindless speculation. Its not like there's a huge universe of potential Secretaries of States out there.

• Options
    That has to be a head fake.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular

Or a strategic leak by some member of the transition team who is hoping to push HRC in a less hawkish direction.

• Options
    TheDrifterTheDrifter Registered User regular

If I remember correctly, Biden was much less interventionist than Clinton was in the Obama admin. Perhaps a sop to those who see Secretary Clinton as too hawkish?

Or, this early, just mindless speculation. Its not like there's a huge universe of potential Secretaries of States out there.

Onion Joe probably doesnt truck with no email, or anything else the man could use to come down on his distro ring.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

I don't know, but Hill blogs are in my experience filled with speculation that comes to naught.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Best theory I've seen so far is the intended audience is Trump so he'll say some stupid shit about Biden.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to try to post the tweets but apparently some (all?) of the baldwin brothers are fighting about the election and patton oswalt got involved somewhat

twitter, man

twitter is great and weird and terrifying

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Heh yea, I forget if it was posted here already, but oh well it deserves to be here again either way.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    edit: I've taken it elsewhere.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Totally off-topic.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Let me have this.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Biden deserves a break.

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular

he has to

Russian sanction violations maybe?

This discussion has been closed.