Options

[Phalla] at the House on the Hill - Finale: Delicious Scooby Snacks. Partygoers win!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Dining Room - Just pray you aren't the main course
    The Dining Room Table - Succulent meats and candied bugs litter the table. There appears to be a place setting missing

The answer isn't coming to me. Time for Escape Plan B!
    ffmR1w5.gif

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    As far as I know, we're still stuck on the Study puzzle.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    The stress of this place is getting to you. You need a drink. You try to open the cabinet but cannot. A waiter materializes in front of you "Jim or Johnny, James or Jack. Ask and ye shall receive." It appears to want your order.

'fourhorsemen' was the solution that corv (i think?) found.

Which must be a slightly regional thing cause around here the Four Horsemen is a shot series with Jose instead of James(on).

JPants on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    JPants wrote: »

'fourhorsemen' was the solution that corv (i think?) found.

Which must be a slightly regional thing cause around here the Four Horsemen is a shot series with Jose instead of James(on).

Right, my mistake. I think I was confused because I wandered into the study by mistake while investigating the kitchen's freezer.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i'm currently in the greenhouse with lostninja.

we're now in one of those terrible loop situations, it seems. the foyer, greenhouse, library, attic, and study all lead to each other :/
    -Foyer (Attic [Study], Library, Study)
    -Attic (Foyer [Study, Library], Study [Library])
    -Library (Study [Attic, Foyer], Foyer [Attic, Study])

@Lucedes, @LostNinja

Does "pieceofstrangemeat" work as a solution to the greenhouse puzzle?

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Library Puzzle:

The Patchy Bookshelf

This bookshelf appears to be missing several books for the Upper Right, Lower Left, Middle, and Lower Right of the shelf. A faint, moaning breeze blows through the library

So far I've tried:
    upperleft
    upperleftuppermiddle
    touchtheupperleftbook
    pullouttheupperleftbook
    taketheupperleftbook
    takeupperleftbook
    touchtheupperleftanduppermiddlebooks
    replacemissingbooks
    replacethemissingbooks

Haven't had a lot of free time to spend on this one today. If you have more suggestions let me know and I'll try them when I get home from work.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Tinkered with upper middle book so that when you connect the lines it looks like a pentagram (kind of)

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    @Hedgethorn no luck :C

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Hedgethorn no luck :C

Hrm. Too bad. I came across this last night in the kitchen:
    "Piece of Strange Meat: This meat looks like the thigh of.....something. It is scented with pungent herbs and spices."

I was hoping it'd be the greenhouse puzzle. Anyone want to play around with those descriptions in the dining room or the kitchen?

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Anyone got an idea on who killed brody and discrider last night?
    Seems like some of the other monsters are much more vulnerable than i am.
    You guys should kill them if you want to buy yourself time to escape or figure out how to kill me.

• Options
    Lucedes you still have that puzzle box?

Steam
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    @Lucedes Any luck on that puzzle box? or anyway we can help? Premium is probably going to keep coming back if we don't solve that puzzle (though he could just have the single extra life which is why I'm voting for him also).

Even if he comes back to life, I'd rather get us a day without his kill rather than shoot in the dark for another monster. That's also an extra day to solve the puzzle box.

• Options
    Is anyone in the same room as Lucedes? It can probably be traded if necessary. An explanation on what kind of puzzle it is might be nice as well so we could try and work it out as a group.

Steam
  • Options
    Eh, tomorrow when Im still not dead maybe you should take a serious look at who's been doing the other kills, because im not going anywhere.

• Options
    Premium for now as well.

Steam
  • Options
    JPants for his post which basically amounts to "id like to throw the kill away today rather than maybe do something useful with it"
    He also failed to mention that he's in the same room as me, so his hope that it stops my kill is entirely self serving

• Options
    edited November 2016
    You know who else would like to try and stop my kill tonight?
    The other monsters, because at the end of this game they need to have more kills than me

premium on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Is anyone in the same room as Lucedes? It can probably be traded if necessary. An explanation on what kind of puzzle it is might be nice as well so we could try and work it out as a group.

I am. Since we are stuck in some strange loop in the house right now we can probably try to work it out together on our room's board (or better yet, see if we can meet up with some other people and move to a room that premium can't figure out and work it out).

Also Premium

• Options
    I mean realllly think about this for a minute.
    Yeah, I'm evil. But this won't hurt me. You're throwing away a chance to hit another monster, who might be killable with the vote. And yeah, maybe I'm going to benfit a bit from another monster dying, so I've got a selfish reason to push this. But you also benefit. I have no reason to try and trick you here. We all get closer to our respective wincons by actually killing a bad guy tonight. Except the bad guy, because he dies (hopefully)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Eh

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    JPants for his post which basically amounts to "id like to throw the kill away today rather than maybe do something useful with it"
    He also failed to mention that he's in the same room as me, so his hope that it stops my kill is entirely self serving

If one out of JPants and premium is going to die tonight I'd rather it be premium since JPants seems to be actively trying to help solve puzzles

• Options
    Library

Here are some more I've tried
    placebookonupperrightshelf
    placebookonlowerleftshelf
    placebookonmiddleshelf
    placebookonlowerrightshelf
    movetheupperleftbooktothemiddle
    movetheupperleftbooktothemiddleshelf
    movetheupperleftbooktothelowerrightshelf
    movetheupperleftbooktotheupperrightshelf
    movetheupperleftbooktothelowerleftshelf
    pullallofthebooksofftheshelf
    toucheverybook
    uppermiddle
    burnthebooks
    pulleverybook
    lookatthelefthandsideofthebookshelf

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Never listen to an outed bad guy, or something like that.

premium

• Options
    I'm all out of other ideas at this point.

[color] premium[/color]

• Options
    I'm all out of other ideas at this point.

[color] premium[/color]

Stupid phone posting.
    premium[/quote]

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

premium

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    So, premium then?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Premium

I can't die is just too classic of a bad guy move.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    It seems our departed friends are warning those in the dining room "donoteatanything"

i hear whispers of old tales. where there is no place setting because you are the main course.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    premium

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Coat flowsed. Narration Incoming

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    In case I die GG was the only other person in the library with me.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I just used my torch. So if that kills you, it would be news to everyone here.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Got pulled over and missed deadline :(

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Night 7: Horror Movie Slapfight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8&index=15&list=PLrjy4sg28F_StgNx2ejw_4VtNx2PI0T2w

Their numbers dwindling, many huddled in the Foyer, hoping for some respite from the myriad deaths stalking the halls of Whateley Manor. They were out of luck however, Premium once more made himself known, his mutilated visage sneering with contempt at those gathered.

"Prepare yourselves, for sensations you've never dreamt of..." He menaced, chains erupting from the walls. It was then someone screamed. Buddy slid down the bannister, shoulder-tackling the Cenobite to the ground, the chains dropping limp as he lost concentration. The two killers exchanged brutal blows, until Premium finally impaled them both with a mass of chains. Both Buddy, and the fiend he sought to claim, were silent and still.

Unsure of what to make of the scene, those left in the foyer slowly backed away and fled.

Alone in the Chapel, 38thdoe (Alias Dr. Vink, Alias the Colville Nutbag) giggled softly to himself, splashing the holy water about.

"In the name of the Father, Son, and Me, I cast thee out! Hahahaha!" As he laughed, parts of his body began to slough off, though he failed to notice. He gazed lovingly up at the mangled cross.

"Jesus wept for you father!" He began laughing maniacally, his head tumbling from his shoulders as the various body parts sprouted small appendages of their own and scurried to the corners of the Chapel to dissolve into nothing.

In the Study, Kilnaga attempted to relax with a drink. The situation, while bleak, wasn't hopeless. It seemed fairly in hand as he tossed back the drink. The burn lasted longer than it should have. As he opened his mouth to speak, he saw greasy black smoke curling from him as the burning intensified. A low keening seemed to sound around him as he clawed at his chest and stomach, before he erupted in a puff of purple flame and gibbets.

Summary

Premium - Cenobite - Phyrric Victory this time
    38thdoe - Partygoer - Unsaved
    Kilnaga - Partygoer - Consumed from within

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i was at work until now.
    y'all seriously just voted premium out again? damn.

well, i left the puzzlebox in the foyer in a fit of pique, whoops.
    anyone searching for it could probably find it?

• Options
    I just used my torch. So if that kills you, it would be news to everyone here.

Haha me too! I hope they give us different hints.

• Options
    All PMs out. If the gremlins ate something important, don't blame me!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    oOOOOooOOOOooOOOO
    "...and I am not a nutbag."
    oOOOOooOOOOooOOOO

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Find a jar with a jackyl stomach in it while searching the kitchen. I wonder if the plant would like to eat that.

I sure don't.