Options

[Phalla] at the House on the Hill - Finale: Delicious Scooby Snacks. Partygoers win!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm alone in the dining room btw. Sad i can't eat the food. Also no clues on how to access the subforum, been trying things with no luck so far.

Being alone means no seer results tomorrow though I'm afraid. At least i might not die!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I got a torch last night, which I would use on the Greenhouse puzzle except we've already gotten pass that point. So what other rooms might need a torch to help solve the puzzles?

@Grunt's Ghosts : Can you say more about the result of the Greenhouse puzzle, given that you think it's been cleared?

It's not been cleared. We had someone with a torch before me, that gave them a clue that has sent them elsewhere. I got the torch last night and since I don't want to waste more time that I have, I was wondering if I could be used elsewhere.

To be specific, the torch got me this:

Audrious Giganticus. Carnivorous Plant. Point of Origin: Unknown. Only consumes specific types of meat. DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT IT

I was hoping for a clue in the kitchen as to what kind of meat.

Quite a few quotes from Little Shop of Horrors have already been tried.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So it sounds like the torch might not care where you are when it generates a clue?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    What is the specific question for the plant subboard?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I don't remember, I am not there anymore.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "This Large Planet sways in a non-existent breeze. It's almost mesmerizing with it's movements..."

• Options
    So I'm assuming you guys tried "dontfeedtheplants"?

• Options
    We tried a long... stupidly long list of phrases.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    @Assuran @Alegis Can you both confirm you have no passworded subforms, or puzzles to solve in your respective rooms?
    Correct, nothing in the ballroom

• Options
    Yeah, I feel like the answers from all of the upper level sub-boards are going to be answers for cellar sub-boards, and we aren't going to get any other clues except from torches.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Off to bed, voting Premium

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Maybe you should look directly at it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Shit... Something just hit me like a bag of bricks... I was chatting with discrider about the puzzle and if we could trust Chamberlain and I realized something...

Chamberlain, Virgil, and I said for quite some time in the Greenhouse. Nobody died while we were there, hell, no one died there when corvidae was there, who showed up as a werewolf...

Until yesterday. Yesterday, it was Chamberlain, Virgil, myself, and discrider. He showed up and suddenly Virgil bites it?

I'm guessing I'm next since I'm by myself with him but I think he's a serial killer that killed Virgil last night.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm in the Cellar, so I have the pentagram to deal with.

The first password reveals a second subforum with a password protection for "The Hellish Vestibule". A third subforum listed under the Hellish Vesitble is "Dancing on the Ceiling".

The clue for the Hellish vestible is "Everything is upside down and much more sinister looking. The damned wail and howl, you can hear them above, or is it below? A devilish server approaches with many fine vintages...."

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Solution attempts I tried that failed in case I die tonight,

"thefourhorsemen" "givemethefinest" "itakethefinest" "Itakethefinest" "drinkwhattheyoffer" "walkintothefire" "ripthedemonstongueout" "donotlookback" "jack" "jim" "james" "johnny" "lionel" and "lionelrichie".

Taking other suggestions.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Have you tried "fearnotripthedemonstongueout"?

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Have you tried "fearnotripthedemonstongueout"?

Not good either.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Shit... Something just hit me like a bag of bricks... I was chatting with discrider about the puzzle and if we could trust Chamberlain and I realized something...

Chamberlain, Virgil, and I said for quite some time in the Greenhouse. Nobody died while we were there, hell, no one died there when corvidae was there, who showed up as a werewolf...

Until yesterday. Yesterday, it was Chamberlain, Virgil, myself, and discrider. He showed up and suddenly Virgil bites it?

I'm guessing I'm next since I'm by myself with him but I think he's a serial killer that killed Virgil last night.

This seems like a slightly better lead than the possibly immortal Premium. At least until the puzzle box gets solved.

discrider

Also IDK if you got a good answer to your "where to torch" questions GG but from what I've seen the Dining Room and the Library are both going to need torch help. Kitchen sounds like people are on the right track, just have to find the exact wording.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

Corv looks to have needed to be in the same room as her target.
    Whoever incinerated Sir Fab however does not, as the only other one in that room was Burnage and he also died a similar death.
    So I don't think we can assume that the killers have to be in the same room as their victims.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    discrider wrote: »

Whoever incinerated Sir Fab however does not, as the only other one in that room was Burnage and he also died a similar death.
    So I don't think we can assume that the killers have to be in the same room as their victims.

That doesn't really sound like a denial.

JPants on
  • Options
    I wonder why Corv never tried to kill me. Seems like something I would do if I could kill someone.

• Options
    I wonder why Corv never tried to kill me. Seems like something I would do if I could kill someone.

Did he kill someone else that night? Or maybe his abilities had a cooldown/trigger

• Options
    edited November 2016
    JPants wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »

That doesn't really sound like a denial.

"No I'm not The Thing" didn't help Locus either.
    So I'm just going to wait over here, throwing random meats into this vegetable.

discrider on
  • Options
    You have meats? Talk to Chamberlain.

• Options
    I wish I had meats.
    I was just going to try permutations of random meats and hope something stuck.

• Options
    Matev wrote: »

Father Virgil_Leads_You prayed fervently for the deliverance of the flock placed under his care in this benighted place. So lost was he in spiritual combat he failed to feel the knife slide into his back.

"Requiescat en pace, Padre" Someone whispered into his ear as he went to join the heavenly host...

You're probably right that not all kills require being in the same room, however this one certainly sounds like it. I can't imagine whispering in someone's ear from across the house or even the next room.

I was waiting for you to claim you found a weapon and take credit for the kill (which is fairly plausible) but it looks that's not going to happen so discrider

Also, have you tried "longpork"? As an answer, not as a dish.

• Options

Father Virgil_Leads_You prayed fervently for the deliverance of the flock placed under his care in this benighted place. So lost was he in spiritual combat he failed to feel the knife slide into his back.

"Requiescat en pace, Padre" Someone whispered into his ear as he went to join the heavenly host...

You're probably right that not all kills require being in the same room, however this one certainly sounds like it. I can't imagine whispering in someone's ear from across the house or even the next room.

I was waiting for you to claim you found a weapon and take credit for the kill (which is fairly plausible) but it looks that's not going to happen so discrider

He's claiming that kill and Zombie Hero's kill, which were both done by knifes. And I did say that the ZH kill looked like a vig...

discrider

• Options
    edited November 2016
    All 120 permutations of pork lamb beef chicken and human don't work on the plant
    Also all the ones without human.
    Also all the ones without pork.
    Also lamb/beef/human.
    Also menwomenandchildren, maleandfemale, menandwomen, stillsquirming.
    And Virgil_Leads_You

discrider on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Did anyone ever check out the kitchen freezer? The flavor text on the proboard says there's a secret passage there.

• Options

He's claiming that kill and Zombie Hero's kill, which were both done by knifes. And I did say that the ZH kill looked like a vig...

discrider

hmmm. I missed where he claimed ZH's kill (which definitely looks like a vig, I'll agree). But the kills do seem similar (blade).

So I guess back to premium

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I'm not loving the discrider vote, and since premium appears to be invincible until someone solves the puzzlebox, I'm going to go with mamawolf and hope she's vulnerable to the vote.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    mamawolf is dead I think.
    Or at least she died night 4 and didn't get marked on the main list?

discrider on
  • Options
    I wasn't sure since we have had one player come back.

Matev can we get a ruling?

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Why would the village have a vig in a game where most of the monsters are invincible

• Options
    edited November 2016
    premium wrote: »
    Why would the village have a vig in a game where most of the monsters are invincible

Why would anyone trust anything you, an outed monster, say?

LostNinja on
  • Options
    The Discrider vote at least has some logic behind it.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I wasn't sure since we have had one player come back.

Matev can we get a ruling?

Mamawolf is still in the game, as evidenced by her movement on the proboard, and her name not being colored in the playerlist.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    mamawolf should be dead, and isn't being kept alive by a puzzle box.

I didn't see the movie, should I be worried about the Grudge?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    mamawolf

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    mamawolf

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine