Options

[FFRK] FFX Ultimates available, including the dreaded Geocities at U+ diff.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Close the app completely? Maybe even restart your phone?

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I checked and there was a new announcement about the gifts, and I had both items and the 25 mythril. I am kind of curious about the utter lack of any apology mythril over the last few weeks, I figured if anything was worth handing out something extra as compensation this would have been it. Still, I'm pleased to have finally gotten the stuff. Now to stash it in the Onion Knight and FFXIV fund.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got my stuff. Pumpkin and Hat are now 7* items. Could reforge the Pumpkin... Doing so would make it my strongest ranged weapon.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Close the app completely? Maybe even restart your phone?

done both, got the message about the rewards being sent but nothing is in my item box

lost a lot of faith in DeNA today

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Mine finally showed up. I really do feel that waiting a week ruined the "festivities" for me this time. All the fun details were just a reminder that they fucked up and were in no hurry to correct things. Missing the entire promised day after having a WEEK to prepare logistically is the worst look possible. Can't wait for Christmas... and the gifts some of us will be getting Jan 20th.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Send a support ticket and I'm sure they'll take care of you. Mistakes happen, and I'm sure no one set out to screw you over specifically.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Mine finally showed up. I really do feel that waiting a week ruined the "festivities" for me this time. All the fun details were just a reminder that they fucked up and were in no hurry to correct things. Missing the entire promised day after having a WEEK to prepare logistically is the worst look possible. Can't wait for Christmas... and the gifts some of us will be getting Jan 20th.

I think they had to wait until the promotion was over the figure out who had gotten it and who had not?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    And Cid Mission complete for This Is Our Story. Pretty simple one this time; that guy has so many weaknesses. Tidus (Hydroburst and Sapphire Shot), Paine (Banishing Strike and Saint Cross), and Braska (Waterja) were doing 9999 per turn for most of the fight.

Enlong on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    To be honest, that this hasn't happened before is a pretty good sign, really. I mean, it happened, and it sucks, but it could've easily happened any other time before now. The game's been running globally for almost 2 years now. I don't expect this to be a regular mistake that will happen over and over again.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Got a response from the support team, I'm one of the very few players who slipped through the cracks and they're sending me apology mythril on top of the 25

i wouldn't want to be working for them right now

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Got a response from the support team, I'm one of the very few players who slipped through the cracks and they're sending me apology mythril on top of the 25

i wouldn't want to be working for them right now

It's a sign of good customer service that they're always willing to make things right, and compensate people for the time and energy they have to take in resolving their problems.

• Options
    I'm sure they've heard worse and have had to bend over backwards to cater to their more volatile whales who support the game.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    "We discovered an incorrect item description in the spanish translation for Tidus's relic. As an apology, please accept this gift of 1 mythril."
    "But I'm not even playing the spanish version of... you know what, gracias amigo."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Are we due for a Dungeon Update soon? I've lost track.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Welp, there goes 2/3 of my 4* motes. Celes is now capable of WHM 4 and does a crapload more damage with Spellblade abilities. Now I need to decide whether to give Basch DRK 5, give Greg DRG 5, or to give Vaan the ability to equip guns (which sounds very practical but super boring).

I might just save them for Luneth, if I manage to get a relic for him (besides Tyrfing), because good lord he gets access to damn near everything.
    I'm pretty sure Basch only gets Darkness 4.

Celes WHM4 was my first too, and Gilgamesh will probably be next. I could afford one more but nobody really jumps out at me. I don't especially need Faris's Machinist or Dancer, or Spellblade 5 on Lightning or Balthier. Maybe Balthier will get it once the chain fire spellblade comes out; he DOES need something harder-hitting than Firaga Strike for slot 2. I forget when that is, though. I have Firion's SSB but it's not good enough to justify spending motes on him.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Are we due for a Dungeon Update soon? I've lost track.

This week I think.

edit: crap, forgot to buy the extra Halloween supplies.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited November 2016
    dungeon update is tomorrow night, 16 mythril

then later in the week we have the 15 mythril from the hallowe'en game and the xiii event on the 11th giving another 10

Beasteh on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    100 gem hot streak continues: Rikku's dagger. Sorry Stilts and silence :(

bks86p6mzhhh.gif

fixed that for you

DT3.gif 386.8K
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Well level broke Tidus and egged him to 99.

459 atk before synergy, with water bonus from sword and golden hairpin IX. If anyone wants his OSB for CM or anything 9N1e.

I used mine, and a RW Tidus OSB to close to three shot the CM.

• Options
    Should I be setting my RW to Tidus for now? I haven't level broken him yet, but I could do that I guess. I was thinking about it anyway, since I've got his OSB.

But I'm not sure that's how I want to spend my MC3 since Water weakness is only gonna be useful for like 3 more days and then Tidus will go back to mediocrity.

• Options
    Yeah MC3s are given out sparingly enough that I would only use them for:
    A) Record Materia you will use all the time (Luneth, Cloud, Vaan, etc.)
    B) Characters you use all the time (A-team candidates, personal favorites)

I don't think we're at the point where niche roles are priority yet.

That said, if Tidus is on your A-Team, go for it.

• Options
    Nah, my next two planned MC3's are for Lightning and Tyro I think. Or maybe Celes because they just added her and I've got Indomitable Blade and I use her a bunch

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    100 gem hot streak continues: Rikku's dagger. Sorry Stilts and silence :(

-snip-

fixed that for you

Oh my God

You're amazing

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I've been dumping my MC3s into my always-use dudes with fuck the RMs. I probably COULD egg someone (emphasis on one) to 99 right now, or close to it, but it'd exhaust my eggs and I'm going to hold out for getting lucky with an Onion relic, although I'm not planning on drawing hard there, and not sure I could even if I wanted to since I think I'd rather have some extra FF8 stuff and that banner right after is really attractive. We'll see though. Maybe they'll shower us with mythril for the holidays.

Ramza, Tyro, PCecil, and Vaan have gotten MC3s so far, for obvious reasons. I'll probably give Aerith or Yuna the next two (catching up on FFX and Gold Coliseum stuff today since I went hard on double greens) since they're capped, they're my top white mages now, and I have a BSB/SSB for them to master that the exp would be otherwise wasted, which would grate on me. Tidus and mastering his OSB can wait until after them.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm really hesitant to jump on the Onion Knight bandwagon. Another Tyro doesn't sound that appealing to me. Especially when I've already got SG for Tyro, so if I need to throw him on the team, I've got a good Soul Break option.

I've used 4 MC3's so far - Ramza, Y'shtola, Vaan, and Cecil. Because those dudes are (nearly) always on my A-Team. My 5th MC3 from this Yuna event will probably go to Lightning because when I rotate out Cecil for one reason or another, Lightning is often who I rotate in. Her BSB is really solid in a lot of scenarios, just because it has raw physical damage so resistances aren't an issue, plus she can stun with her Attack command.

So I'm leaning very heavily towards the 5th MC3 going to Lightning. And then when I get a 6th, that will be Tyro. 7th is gonna be Celes. That means my next 3 MC3's are already mapped out.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm really hesitant to jump on the Onion Knight bandwagon. Another Tyro doesn't sound that appealing to me. Especially when I've already got SG for Tyro, so if I need to throw him on the team, I've got a good Soul Break option.

The difference between OK and Tyro is that OK's stats are actually competitive. At least, if you put the work in to train him up. He doesn't have any skill levels above 3* by default, and his stats are truly godawful until around level 94. Like, "level 90 OK is significantly weaker than level 30 Tyro" weak.

I actually fluked into his BSB on a lucky draw at some point on my Japanese account, so I'm trying to make use of him. But since I missed his initial event, I don't have the motes to unlock his record spheres, so it has been a real hassle. The current FF3 event apparently can drop them, but I haven't had any luck. Either way, my experience there has been negative enough that I'm planning to pass on him in global and instead try to live the hype of FF14 and TG Cid.

• Options

I've used 4 MC3's so far - Ramza, Y'shtola, Vaan, and Cecil. Because those dudes are (nearly) always on my A-Team. My 5th MC3 from this Yuna event will probably go to Lightning because when I rotate out Cecil for one reason or another, Lightning is often who I rotate in. Her BSB is really solid in a lot of scenarios, just because it has raw physical damage so resistances aren't an issue, plus she can stun with her Attack command.

So I'm leaning very heavily towards the 5th MC3 going to Lightning. And then when I get a 6th, that will be Tyro. 7th is gonna be Celes. That means my next 3 MC3's are already mapped out.

Onion Knight doesn't have garbage stats like Tyro, so he's a viable unit. His schtick is needing a large investment of Eggs and Motes to get to being good, so (imo) it's only worth it if you pull a relic for him.

• Options
    I will make one , maybe two pulls on the OK event. Though, I'll admit that I'm more interested in Luneth's or Refia's BSBs than OK's.

• Options
    No native shout here means if I want to have something similar without needing to RW Shout 100% of the time, pulling for OK makes the most sense. Couple that with the fact that his BSB is the coveted ATK/MAG 30% boost with hastega means OK can cement his spot on the team and is flexible in many other party compositions.

Yes, he takes investment, but he's the option for players like me who want to expand their RW options beyond the same one over and over. How many of you used to RW Wall 100% of the time before you finally pulled SG/SSII and the sense of relief you felt when you could actually consider other RW options, on top of having one of the best buffs available in the game? I know some of you crazy nutters don't even bother with Wall/Shout now that you have it, but consider the perspective of a have-not and what it used to feel like. OK and his BSB and the desire to pull for it is a noteworthy thing.

• Options
    I mean, I have both walls. I have SG and I have SSII. But I still RW Wall like 90% of the time.

The only time I don't RW Wall is when I need a specific element in a large dosage for a specific win condition. Like when I needed Penelo's Mincing Minuet, or when I needed Rinoa's Sorceress's Awakening.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    MC3s: I egged Luneth and Cloud to 99 for RMs. I used one on Vaan for the ridiculous BSB and sort of for the RM, but I don't have enough eggs banked to get him to max. I used the fourth on Tyro because Wall, and the fifth is probably going to Ramza (Shout). After that, uhhhh I don't know for a while. Probably Beatrix when hers becomes available, because I have two great SBs for her. Otherwise I'm probably just going to give MC3s to whoever I pull good bursts or OSBs for - most of the remaining level 99 RMs aren't that exciting for me.

PSA for folks: try to bank enough eggs to get one character (Onion Knight) up to level 80. His event has Cid missions for levelling him up to 80, which give the special motes needed to unlock ability access for him. Even if you don't intend to pull on the III banners, if you happen to get one of his relics later on a lucky draw or something, you'll be glad you got those motes. (Yes, I realize there's an XP dungeon associated with the event, but do you really want to try to drag a character with less than 1000 HP through a dungeon, repeatedly?)

Fry on
  • Options
    Hm. Seeing as I did pull Shout, do I even want to pull on OK1? Luneth's BSB is still quite tempting, though.

• Options
    I'm more tempted by the desperately needed III synergy than OK's relics, but I'd rather work on my VIII synergy than my III. Still, going from zero weapons in the realm to even one would be a major improvement, and I have a decent array of generic 5*s in VIII, just no usable SBs outside of MG8. I only have a couple usable mage relics (Grand Cross and Seraphic Ray), so I basically never run hybrid parties, and certainly not part of my A-Team. My next planned go at any manner of mage relics is the OverHope banner with his OSB, his great BSB, and Raines's absurdly good BSB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    U+ Geosgaeno down and mastered, one medal lost for damage. Pretty straightforward, and I did it with Hand of the Fayth being my only useful SB (best of the 1st generation medicas!). Yuna gets to be awesome again, as she was for so long - she (HotF) and Y'shtola (SSII) carried me throughout the Advantaliate period, from the first +++ right up to Bahamut SIN. I just buffed up, popped Sheepsong, and nuked Geosgaeno down. Wakka died right before the end to a Tsunami that hit right before a HotF finished casting, but it didn't matter. That round of damage was almost done casting, and the next round finished it. Saint Cross did 15k, Break(down)s did 3.5k, and the spells capped. It was over before Lulu ran out of hones.

Paine (447 atk, +20% holy) Power Break / Saint Cross R3 / +20% atk
    Wakka (425 atk) Full Break / Magic Breakdown / +30% support
    Lulu (475 mag, level 65) Chain Firaga R2 / Chain Blizzaga R2 / +20% weakness
    Braska (441 mag, level 65) Waterja R4 / Protectga / +20% mag
    Yuna (341 mnd) Curaja / Shellga / HotF (x2) / DMT
    RW: Sheepsong

Daffydd on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hm. Seeing as I did pull Shout, do I even want to pull on OK1? Luneth's BSB is still quite tempting, though.

Nevermind that Minfilia's relics are all on FFXIV banner one. Getting her shield is a 50% ATK boostga plus party Guts (survive a hit with 1HP). I can RW Shout still or if I pull that shield, that will be her go-to SB to stack with OKs because even with the ATK softcap, it's not like the numbers above 591 just stop counting. They just get severely diminished. When the ATK cap goes up again, the stacked ATK doesn't hurt one bit and is still beneficial if you're exceeding it.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I'm more tempted by the desperately needed III synergy than OK's relics, but I'd rather work on my VIII synergy than my III. Still, going from zero weapons in the realm to even one would be a major improvement, and I have a decent array of generic 5*s in VIII, just no usable SBs outside of MG8. I only have a couple usable mage relics (Grand Cross and Seraphic Ray), so I basically never run hybrid parties, and certainly not part of my A-Team. My next planned go at any manner of mage relics is the OverHope banner with his OSB, his great BSB, and Raines's absurdly good BSB.

Sounds about right.

I think I'll pull once on banner 1 or 2, in hopes of a good wind or fire BSB, but then save for stuff I more specifically want. I dearly want Raines's BSB to go with Seraphic Ray, to make him go from mediocre to a holy terror.

• Options
    I lost the link to that list of future banners. Anyone still have it?

• Options
    I lost the link to that list of future banners. Anyone still have it?

There's a partial one at the bottom of the amazing PDF. There's also this thing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit?pli=1#gid=1211382974

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I don't know, I'm looking at Onion Knight's stats at 99, and they don't seem any better or worse than anybody else at 99. Then you take into account players like me that have been playing for a long time, meaning lots of my characters now have sphere levels and stats gained from mastering SB's, so their stats are that much better than OK's. I just don't see the gimmick from a stats perspective, because to me it looks like the gimmick is "OK has garbage stats for 90+ levels until he finally jumps up to the plateau that everybody else is already at". So he's a character you must grind up all the way to 99 to be usable, over every other character who's perfectly usable in ultimate content at 50-65.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Sounds about right.

I think I'll pull once on banner 1 or 2, in hopes of a good wind or fire BSB, but then save for stuff I more specifically want. I dearly want Raines's BSB to go with Seraphic Ray, to make him go from mediocre to a holy terror.

I haven't done the math because it's complicated what with extra SB generation to account for, but I'm relatively sure that the powerchain on Raines's BSB will vastly outstrip whatever extra damage you can get from your entire team thanks to the Imperil Holy.

ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.