Options

[FFRK] FFX Ultimates available, including the dreaded Geocities at U+ diff.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Enlong wrote: »
    Tidus's outfit is a nice pull indeed. That SB is the exact equivalent of Lightning's Smite.

Smite/Leap & Rush, Powerchain, Lifesiphon, and Full Charge all go together so easily and in so many different ways that I still haven't really determined the best order to DPS with. At first I thought it was "Lifesiphon to two bars, then Smite>FC>Smite>FC>FC," but then @silence1186 did the math and showed that Powerchain was still better than Lifesiphon. Now I'm wondering if it's better to do PC>Smite>FC>PC>FC, only I'm terribad at math and I have no idea.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think the real benefit of Smite and Leap & Rush is that it allows you to put Powerchain on somebody else. The use situation I was thinking of was TG Cid with his BSB or OSB with their excessively long cast times. It also allows you to forego honing up Powerchain entirely and still get very solid damage out of Tidus or Lightning. This is helpful for my alt account, for example, because I was unable to get the free Powerchain when it was available, but I did get Full Charge. This would let me hone Full Charge to r2 and just do LS > L&R > FC > L&R > FC > FC or LF > L&R > FC > FC > LS > L&R > FC > FC.

I think the highest damage output for Tidus or Lightning is achieved with standard Powerchain and Full Charge combo, and dropping (probably just once) Leap and Rush or Smite in after a Powerchain once the meter is available. Either that or Powerchain and Full Charge with a BSB or Lightning's second SSB (once it is available) replacing a Full Charge. Though for Lightning in particular LS > PC > SSB2 > PC > SSB2 could probably be really nice with the lightning aura factored in. Similarly Tidus could do LS > PC > BSB > PC > BSB then just spam commands. Or Tidus could LS > BSB > Commands > Sapphire Shot > BSB. Lots of options! Which one somebody chooses to go with is probably going to depend greatly on what relics you have and whether or not other people need some/all of the skills mentioned.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Smite>FC>PC will never be optimal, since you can just use another FC after the first FC, and THEN use PC.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Not a single greens drop this whole week.

y u haet.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    At least the completion bonus was doubled.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Has Kongbak Pao just completely given up on trying to keep up with the game?

Tons of banners still in Japanese even though they have been translated. Including the current banner. The FFX banner is still in Japanese even though it is the current banner.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I think yes.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Do they have more than one site or something? I've kept this bookmarked and use it, and it's pretty up to date.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Has Kongbak Pao just completely given up on trying to keep up with the game?

Tons of banners still in Japanese even though they have been translated. Including the current banner. The FFX banner is still in Japanese even though it is the current banner.

Clean your cache and refresh.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Boy, that XII U+ is shitty. 4 times in a row, AE slow, then just assassinating my entire team with resist-ignoring spells. Like, "apply a breakdown!" but yeah I'll get right on that when I get a turn...

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Boy, that XII U+ is shitty. 4 times in a row, AE slow, then just assassinating my entire team with resist-ignoring spells. Like, "apply a breakdown!" but yeah I'll get right on that when I get a turn...

Ahriman has no res-ignoring spells. The slowga is scripted at 70% HP.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Well, he's sure as hell ignoring my mitigation.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Single pulled Yuna's new medica. I have rather uncanny luck with heal sticks.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If it's maser eye it's because it is long range physical

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/59s8ut/xii_heir_of_the_dynastking_enemy_stats_and_ai/
    Normal Pattern:
    Forced: Divide (NAT: Null Action) [Used on Turn 1]
    38.1% (40/105) <Attack> (PHY: AutoHit - 100% Phys Dmg)
    4.8% (5/105) Doom (NAT: Auto-hit Doom - Targets random character without Inflicted Status)
    9.5% (10/105) Piercing Firaga (BLK: 330% Fire Magic Dmg - Unreflectable) [Unlocks on 2nd ATB]
    14.3% (15/105) Piercing Blizzaga (BLK: 330% Ice Magic Dmg - Unreflectable) [Unlocks on 2nd ATB]
    9.5% (10/105) Piercing Thundaga (BLK: 330% Lightning Magic Dmg - Unreflectable) [Unlocks on 2nd ATB]
    14.3% (15/105) Toxify (BLK: AoE - 36% chance of Poison) [Unlocks on 2nd ATB]
    9.5% (10/105) Phantasmal Gaze (NAT: 27% chance of Confuse - Targets random character without Confuse) [Unlocks on 2nd ATB]

Weak Pattern:
    Forced: Immobilizega (WHT: AoE - Auto-hit Slow) [Used on Turn 1]
    Forced: Divide (NAT: Null Action) [Used on Turn 2]
    11.1% (10/90) <Attack> (PHY: AutoHit - 100% Phys Dmg)
    22.2% (20/90) Piercing Firaja (BLK: 410% Fire Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    22.2% (20/90) Piercing Blizzaja (BLK: 410% Ice Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    22.2% (20/90) Piercing Thundaja (BLK: 410% Lightning Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    11.1% (10/90) Toxify (BLK: AoE - 36% chance of Poison)
    5.6% (5/90) Phantasmal Gaze (NAT: 27% chance of Confuse - Targets random character without Confuse)
    5.6% (5/90) Doom (NAT: Auto-hit Doom - Targets random character without Inflicted Status)

Very Weak Pattern:
    25% (20/80) Piercing Firaja (BLK: 410% Fire Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    25% (20/80) Piercing Blizzaja (BLK: 410% Ice Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    25% (20/80) Piercing Thundaja (BLK: 410% Lightning Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    12.5% (10/80) Toxify (BLK: AoE - 36% chance of Poison)
    6.3% (5/80) Phantasmal Gaze (NAT: 27% chance of Confuse - Targets random character without Confuse)
    6.3% (5/80) Doom (NAT: Auto-hit Doom - Targets random character without Inflicted Status)
    Forced: Maser Eye (NAT: AoE/LR/AutoHit - 472% Dark Phys Dmg) [Used on Turn 3 and every 3rd turn after]

Clone AI:
    45% <Attack> (PHY: AutoHit - 100% Phys Dmg)
    10% Piercing Firaga (BLK: 330% Fire Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    10% Piercing Blizzaga (BLK: 330% Ice Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    10% Piercing Thundaga (BLK: 330% Lightning Magic Dmg - Unreflectable)
    10% Toxify (BLK: AoE - 36% chance of Poison) [Refusal based on Status]
    10% Phantasmal Gaze (NAT: 27% chance of Confuse - Targets random character without Confuse) [Refusal based on Status]
    5% Doom (NAT: Auto-hit Doom - Targets random character without Inflicted Status) [Refusal based on Status]

Note that the clones are actually slightly stronger than Ahriman, but have a much higher chance of using the weak basic physical attack.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Use Magic Lure and/or a Runic effect and all of your magic problems will disappear. Save a hastega RW or native SB for right after the Slowga. This will give you the time and health needed to survive Maser Eye.

• Options
    Wasn't today supposed to be the day that people like me, who failed to be given the halloween gifts, got them? Or is that to happen tonight instead?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    11:59 PM PST tonight, so basically when tonight's daily dungeon ends.

-edit- Also when the disbursement to the item box period for the gift ends (though once it's in the item box you can still take up to 30 days to grab it). This tells me that the only way they have to tell who has and has not gotten the gift involves looking at the account data, and the delay is to make sure that nobody is able to get the gift twice by not logging in (and therefore not having it sent to the gift box) before the makeup gift is sent.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i'm getting the uneasy feeling that i will yet again get nothing while some people get double hallowe'en rewards

• Options
    I've finished getting Luneth up to 99 for his materia, and Ramza as well because I figured he was as good a pick as anyone for the second crystal.

Wearing the best gear possible, Ramza has about a 430 atk stat.

Jesus.

I've been proud of characters that reach that with synergy.

I'm not sure who to start building up next. Attack cap being what it is and all, I can't help shake the feeling this is all overkill. Still, Cecil seems like the obvious choice, or maybe Cloud for his materia.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've finished getting Luneth up to 99 for his materia, and Ramza as well because I figured he was as good a pick as anyone for the second crystal.

Jesus.

I'm not sure who to start building up next. Attack cap being what it is and all, I can't help shake the feeling this is all overkill. Still, Cecil seems like the obvious choice, or maybe Cloud for his materia.

Attack cap will go up again soon, right?

I level broke Celes and Y'shtola because they're always in my party. No idea who else to break yet.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Jesus.

I level broke Celes and Y'shtola because they're always in my party. No idea who else to break yet.

Not soon enough. The attack cap went up in JP during their second anniversary. That'd be about late March/early April for us.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Screenshot_2016-11-06-08-55-19_zpsqoipcz1c.jpg

Bring on the next FFT event. :D

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping my orlandeau will beat that in the next event because that will mean OSB sword

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular

Jesus.

Oh man, I hadn't realized that the second wave of MCIII was available now! Thanks for the heads up!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

Jesus.

Oh man, I hadn't realized that the second wave of MCIII was available now! Thanks for the heads up!

My A-team is currently O Holy Knight:
    Ramza with Shout/Tailwind
    Agrias with Cleansing Strike
    Garnet with Divine Guardian
    Beatrix with Knight Protector (BSB)
    Flex slot - usually Celes with Indomitable Blade, or Basch with Apocalypse Shield.

Then Beatrix's imperil holy and Saint's Cross/Banishing Blade until I win.

Four of those folks are now on their way to 99, and Beatrix will be joining them right after the Onion Knight event.

I'm on track for around 400-500 mythril when the TG Cid event drops, and it'll be full Holy Knightmare for the rest of time.

• Options
    I'm one or two specific SBs away from unleashing Holy spam on everything. I have an imperil Holy SB in Raines's Seraphic Ray, but I really need his BSB to go with it, so that he has a reliable source of doing Holy damage on his own. If I get that, I can equip him with MM and Wrath, and use him to enable Pecil to destroy everything.

Hm. A question occurs; if I have two different Imperil effects in my team , and hit the same enemy with one, and then the other , does one overwrite the other?

• Options
    Yes imperil effects overwrite each other.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hrm. So, Raines and Locke would make for a tricky team to run. Better to stick with Raines and Pecil, and leave Locke for a Terra, Bartz, Refia, or Sabin team.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

Jesus.

My A-team is currently O Holy Knight:
    Ramza with Shout/Tailwind
    Agrias with Cleansing Strike
    Garnet with Divine Guardian
    Beatrix with Knight Protector (BSB)
    Flex slot - usually Celes with Indomitable Blade, or Basch with Apocalypse Shield.

Then Beatrix's imperil holy and Saint's Cross/Banishing Blade until I win.

Four of those folks are now on their way to 99, and Beatrix will be joining them right after the Onion Knight event.

I'm on track for around 400-500 mythril when the TG Cid event drops, and it'll be full Holy Knightmare for the rest of time.

I am also trying to build a holy A-team, I have Pecil with Paladin Force and Aegis Strike, Beatrix with Knight Protector and Aerith with white materia.

So I have two heavy hitters and my healer covered, as my other 2 members I have Ramza with Shout, Celes witg indo blade, Cid Raines with Seraphic Ray and Tyro as an utility, so it depends on the fight strategy.

Tyro, Cecil and Ramza are on the road to 99, just broke Aerith's level cap and the next one will be for Celes if I beat the U+. It is good to know that Beatrix's MCIII will be released soon. I also have Agrias with Cleansing Strike from the last lucky draw banner, currently leveling her up.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    63 characters at 80, 19 at or above 65, 20 at or above 50, 38 left over. 140+ major eggs in hand; 24.5 to get to 80, 24 more to get to 99. Leveling is terribly tiresome...

• Options
    Got some soul breaks (Trueblade of Legend and High Dive) mastered today. Gonna see if I can get some more (Sovereign Fist and Blood of Espers) done before the day's out.

• Options
    Gabranth finished off Fulminating Oblivion, and learned SG and Sabre Soul, too.

Time to start the long road to 99.

• Options
    Yay, Sovereign Fist mastered. Time to work on Diamond Dust.

And then decide if I'm ever going to actually use Snow.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yay, Sovereign Fist mastered. Time to work on Diamond Dust.

And then decide if I'm ever going to actually use Snow.

Snow is one of the better monks, but only because he also has Knight 5. His weapon access is still pretty trash.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Man that XII Ult +. With P Cecil's BSB it's probably nothing, without it, like slamming a finger in a drawer again and again.

My first failure (after swapping Alexander for Diaga, needed the hones), entailed the dick bags killing Selphie just before her Medica went off because Wall hadn't gone off quite yet either... which meant Tyro then eat shit right afterwards without dropping Wall. Second time went smoother... considering they killed Selphie just before Medica AGAIN. Ugh.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    WTF, Penelo solos U++ Daedalus:

• Options
    I have no doubt that Penelo was equipped with an 8* synergy weapon and probably an 8* synergy armor as well. The Curadas were landing for like 8k after all the buffs were up. There were also hit and run shenanigans because she started with like 1.5 soul break bars I'm pretty sure.

Still really impressive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    The total MND after buffs had to be over 1100, since Daedalus has 800 MND and the stop fell off instantly. Craaaazy.

• Options
    From the screenshots provided, the MND was 582 before any buffs. Add in +20% MND from the RM, +20% MND from Burst Mode, +15% MND from Evanescence's entry and +15% MND from the command and you get to 1108 MND.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.