Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    KomoriMan wrote:

Howdy folks,

The benevolent AgentVapor has allowed myself to take over the Friday Updates. Expect the format to be tweaked slightly as the weeks go by! With more community and developer focus.

As I'm sure most of you know, Patch 1.31 is live with a brand new event, Invaders of the Dark Dimensions - Phase 1 and Operation Omega. The perks of Operation Omega are planned to last until Thursday, November 3rd at 11:59PM PT.

We have an update to Test Center scheduled for this weekend with the Invaders of the Dark Dimension - Phase 2 along with Dr. Strange content testing. Since the first phase just came out, our hope is that we can have tons of testing done over the weekend so that it can be ready to launch next week.

It's been some time since the last Developer Blog but know that our developers have been working on the next blog and the upcoming system changes tirelessly. We ask for your continued patience and thank you for your ongoing support!

See you guys on the next Friday Update!

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    I got a Halloween Jackpot from the buff explosion earlier. It was pretty crazy, 3x crimson boxes, 5x blue boxes, a half dozen armored cores and various uniques and other things.

• Options
    I thought you were talking multiple explosions then I hit one and was wtf. Four blue, three crimson, and a bunch of other stuff.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    how did angela turn out btw? I can't decide if I wanna drop some splinters on her or just save'em for whenever black bolt comes out

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    how did angela turn out btw? I can't decide if I wanna drop some splinters on her or just save'em for whenever black bolt comes out

She's pretty good, a bit squishy but otherwise good.

• Options
    Asros wrote:

Did playtesting of our Cosmic version of Dimensions Collide, our Kaecilius Terminal and it could be my favorite game content we've made. Its challenging but not frustratingly so, is even more fun in a group and has some pretty great rewards. Hope y'all like it.

First time you complete normal and cosmic versions of the terminal each day, you'll get a guaranteed blue box from each. Pretty awesome. Be sure to take out the side portals that spawn demons too - those things will give several midtown bosses worth of XP when destroyed! Cosmic Kaecilius also has a chance to drop a blue box on any defeat.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Patch notes!
    Event: Invaders from the Dark Dimension - Dimensions Collide!

The Invaders from the Dark Dimension event continues!

After the events of last week’s Midtown Manhattan invasion by Mindless Ones, Doctor Strange and Mordo have discovered that the villain Kaecilius is behind the invasion and that his plan is much bigger. The villainous sorcerer seeks to merge dimensions and end human existence in the process!

Kaecilius has been located in Times Square and is creating a massive portal that will perform the merging utilizing the Cauldron of the Cosmos, a mystical item that is acting as a catalyst. It is up to the players to battle their way to the portal, obtain the Cauldron of the Cosmos and stop Kaecilius from carrying out his plan!

During this phase of the Invaders from the Dark Dimension event, the following bonuses and items will be available:

100% experience boost for all heroes!
    50% Rare item find boost to help those looking to get uniques and complete unique achievements before we introduce Omega Items later this year!
    50% Bonus Experience for Doctor Strange!
    25% Omega experience boost to help players hit 10,000 points before the change to the Infinity System later this year!
    Sorcerer Supreme Mystery Box available during the Invaders from the Dark Dimension event that contains some great new items!
    Doctor Strange Movie Costume available in the store to celebrate the theatrical release of Marvel’s Doctor Strange!

In addition to server-side bonuses, be sure to log in Saturday, November 5th for a FREE Doctor Strange Hero Token!
    New Terminal: Dimensions Collide

Continue the mission to discover the source of the incursion of the Mindless Ones and put a stop to the portals to the Dark Dimension being opened in our world!

This event mission continues on where it left off in phase 1: after reading your remote notification upon logging in, speak with Mordo in Avenger's Tower to start this event mission.

Upon completion of the event mission, you will unlock waypoints for both normal and cosmic difficulties for repeat play. This terminal will only be around for the duration of the event!

The first time you complete the normal difficulty version of this instance each day, there is a guaranteed Mysterious Blue Omega Box. Kaecilius in Cosmic difficulty has a separate chance to drop a Mysterious Blue Omega Box from each defeat in order to help players looking to fill out their roster with some of our rarest unique items in the game!

As the cosmic difficulty is some of the most challenging content we have released, the rewards match the risk! You might find that taking some friends as backup will help you take down Kaecilius!
    New Team Up: Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange joins the Team-Up Roster of Marvel Heroes 2016!

When the injuries he sustained in a horrific accident ended Stephen Strange's career as a surgeon, he made a vow to find a way to heal his hands, no matter what the cost. In the mountains of Tibet, he discovered a mystic known only as the Ancient One. In addition to having his hands healed, Stephen became his apprentice and learned the mystic arts, vowing to become a protector of this dimension. After the death of the Ancient One, the title of Sorcerer Supreme was bestowed upon Stephen, making him the ultimate protector of this realm against all things mystical and evil.
    New Team Up: Mordo

Mordo joins the Team-Up Roster of Marvel Heroes 2016!

Under the guiding hand of the wise mystic known as the Ancient One, Karl Mordo trained in the mountains of Tibet for years as his mentor unveiled a world beyond most mortal's understanding. During this time with the Masters of the Mystic Arts, Mordo would shape and advance his skills to become highly adept while only growing stronger with time.

With the addition of the Ancient One's newest student, Doctor Strange, Mordo assisted the newly recruited sorcerer through the training process. Now, Mordo harnesses the ancient arts to combat extradimensional enemies who would make this world their own.
    Minor Changes & Bug Fixes

Halloween decorations in Avengers Tower have been taken down.

Invaders from the Dark Dimension event related Shared Quests should now progress correctly in Cosmic regions, such as Cosmic Midtown Patrol.

Chat vote bans now silence all chat messages from a banned player.
    Additionally be sure to grab some copies of The Book of Demonicus artifact that drops like candy this event. I believe it is best in slot for every hero (even the ones that don't use a basic, +3 all stats is really nice).

Ardol on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I miss this game :(

Still haven't built a new PC.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I guess I'll have to jump on and make sure I get a few of those artifacts

• Options
    Also note the free Doctor Strange token if you log in on Saturday.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Has there been any word or update on the next playable hero?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    KomoriMan wrote:

Hey-o folks,

I continue my reign on the Friday Updates...

We launched the second phase of the Invaders from the Dark Dimensions Event that has you fighting Kaecilius! On top of that, we have tons of bonuses going on along with two new Team-Ups. Read all about it in the 1.32 Patch Notes.

We are also looking into resolving some issues early next week with Kaecilius (remember after you interact with the Alter, try not to damage him) and others.

Test Center is going to be HUGE with it's next update housing the biggest systems update in the history of the game. We have it planned to be active by the end of next week and our development team is working tirelessly to ensure it happens. When it does, we hope that you awesome guys & gals can provide as much feedback as possible regarding it. Thanks in advance.

I know I said it last week but it's still very true. The next Developer Blog Update is still on it's way so keep an eye out next week. We thank you for your continued patience and your ongoing support!

See you guys on the next Friday Update!

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Interested in returning for the systems/loot changes, to see how it all plays out. Hopefully it's not too, too far out. Don't have the game installed on my new PC, but I'm trying to get it on my HDD by the end of today for the Dr. Strange token.

• Options
    I'm going to gnash my teeth and immediately hate this change in the short term but I know in my heart it's absolutely a good change from a design standpoint and I'm glad that they're willing to rip off the bandaid

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    As someone who spent 90% of their time playing as Nightcrawler, I'm really not a fan.
    Teleports still begin their travel instantly, but move across the world at the same rate of Dashes rather than disappearing from one location and instantly reappearing at the next. They are comparable in distance per second to any other Dash Power.
    LET NIGHTCRAWLER BE NIGHTCRAWLER
    The Marvel Universe has a rich array of characters with different abilities and unique stories. One of the worst parts of limitless mobility for every Hero is that the truly mercurial Heroes such as Nightcrawler cannot stand out from the others. With these relatively minor limitations to mobility on all heroes, we now have the ability to let Nightcrawler and other very agile heroes stand out from the crowd. For instance, Nightcrawler’s Bamf power has more charges and a faster cooldown than the standard applied to most heroes.

These two sections are almost completely contradictory to me. I already felt like I stood out from other high movement builds because Nightcrawler was absolutely quicker at teleporting to begin with, and had a very long range on his teleport. Having all teleports move at the same speed as a dash kills that feeling of Nightcrawlerness. I get that you will eventually move quicker in the long run because of the shorter cooldown and more charges, but I can't see this as anything but a smaller nerf that is still removing fun from the character.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The best part of MH was blowing up huge amounts of people. The worst part of MH is traveling between groups of people to blow up. Not a fan.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    As someone who spent 90% of their time playing as Nightcrawler, I'm really not a fan.
    Teleports still begin their travel instantly, but move across the world at the same rate of Dashes rather than disappearing from one location and instantly reappearing at the next. They are comparable in distance per second to any other Dash Power.
    The Marvel Universe has a rich array of characters with different abilities and unique stories. One of the worst parts of limitless mobility for every Hero is that the truly mercurial Heroes such as Nightcrawler cannot stand out from the others. With these relatively minor limitations to mobility on all heroes, we now have the ability to let Nightcrawler and other very agile heroes stand out from the crowd. For instance, Nightcrawler’s Bamf power has more charges and a faster cooldown than the standard applied to most heroes.

These two sections are almost completely contradictory to me. I already felt like I stood out from other high movement builds because Nightcrawler was absolutely quicker at teleporting to begin with, and had a very long range on his teleport. Having all teleports move at the same speed as a dash kills that feeling of Nightcrawlerness. I get that you will eventually move quicker in the long run because of the shorter cooldown and more charges, but I can't see this as anything but a smaller nerf that is still removing fun from the character.

Eh. They were establishing general rules and then immediately point out that Nightcrawler breaks those rules, as he probably should. I'm willing to give that a wait and see on that since they got to the important part of admitting Nightcrawler should probably be more mobile than their general rule.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Eh. They were establishing general rules and then immediately point out that Nightcrawler breaks those rules, as he probably should. I'm willing to give that a wait and see on that since they got to the important part of admitting Nightcrawler should probably be more mobile than their general rule.

Yeah, I totally get that, but the reason I posted this is that I feel like anything less than instant teleporting on Nightcrawler is going to feel like a huge reduction in the fun of the character. And they are making it pretty clear that instant teleporting is off the table. I also agree that they understand that Nightcrawler should be special, but they are going to have to break that rule if they really want him to stand apart.

• Options

Uh, all teleports currently move at the same speed and distance as Nightcrawlers anyway?

Any difference you're feeling is purely imagined

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Uh, all teleports currently move at the same speed and distance as Nightcrawlers anyway?

Any difference you're feeling is purely imagined

It has been a while since I last played but Nightcrawler was faster at that point because of his quicker animations. And the distance between characters was not imaginary because Silver Surfer's teleport was the only one that could clear certain gaps in some terminals due to its slightly longer range. There was a detailed comparison on the Marvel heroes forums at one point but I am having difficulty finding it right now. But you are correct that most heroes teleports are the same.

• Options
    They normalized all teleport skills ages ago, and before they did that Nightcrawler wasn't even close to the best teleporter because his teleport costed spirit while other characters had instant animation teleports that could just be spammed for free.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    They normalized all teleport skills ages ago, and before they did that Nightcrawler wasn't even close to the best teleporter because his teleport costed spirit while other characters had instant animation teleports that could just be spammed for free.

I didn't know they normalized teleport skills. I stopped playing a while ago but had been thinking of coming back. Normalizing teleport skills also sounds like a bad decision.

Spirit costs bothered me a bit while leveling but when geared up running terminals or midtown I can't remember it ever being an issue.

• Options
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    LaahnrZ.jpg

Next playable character?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Asros wrote:

So Pudgyboi will be putting the friday update up very soon, but tomorrow around noon pacific, we plan to put Talents/Infinity system on TC.

The plan is to go to TC tomorrow with 28 heroes, barring any last minute issues.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd TC delayed til Monday at least.

Side note: log in today for free Sorcerer Supreme title.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Test center live with first round of talent changes.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/categories/test-center-11-14

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Test center live with first round of talent changes.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/categories/test-center-11-14

Those artifact changes look real nice.

• Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    (Mental) Jean feels really good to me, though had to swap in a ESP Box to maintain her sustain (the spirit on crit/brut vanished).

Flight, however, is still defeated by archways. Which is extremely annoying with the new one second windup time.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    The move stuff is super annoying, especially when you need a dash and it isn't there. Played some Hulk and it feels like they nerfed the shit out of his damage.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    have they posted anything about when all this might hit live? I have never had test installed so I couldn't immediately play with it, but I guess I might have to install it

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Man, the week you contemplate getting back into this game it looks like they are revamping a lot of stuff, and not necessarely to the better...

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    I like most of the changes personally, but I think the talent system needs another look

The problem is that some tiers only affect one or two specific skills and if you're not using those on your bar, you effectively lose out on talents

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    have they posted anything about when all this might hit live? I have never had test installed so I couldn't immediately play with it, but I guess I might have to install it

Last I looked there were only half the characters changed on test. So, add at least a week for the rest to get there, a week for testing, a week for incorporating changes from testing feedback, and a week because Gaz never moves quickly... I'd say at least a month.

The movement change is definitely a step back, making movement slow and the game more boring. If they want to stop people boss-rushing, they need to encourage people to fight the trash, making it somehow worthwhile, rather than just lowering movement speed and mobility options. I'm not even sure what the point of reducing dashing is, in raids and cosmic patrols you don't see people dashing all that much in a fight, only to move from one fight to another, and I thought bumping the travel speed right up was the best solution for that.

Frankly, the powers changes got me really excited about getting back into the game, but the movement changes are making me consider uninstalling. I really hope they don't make it to live.

• Options
    the movement change won't really stop boss rushing, aside from in terminals I guess (do people still farm terminals?) In patrols it'll take you slightly longer to get there with your movement power but who cares

the only heroes it'd really concern me on are those whose 'dash' power has some type of combat function, but there aren't that many of those an I assume gaz will have some solution

NREqxl5.jpg