As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
edited November 2017 in Games and Technology
facebook_BonusEvent_KeyArt2016.jpg
kTEDII3.png
We’re sad to inform our players and our entire Marvel Heroes family that Marvel Heroes Omega will be shutting down. The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we’ll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

We’ve had the privilege of entertaining and collaborating with our players for over four years. We’re extremely humbled by that privilege and wanted to get this message out: Thank you. Thank you to our players, our tireless employees, and everyone involved in the life of Marvel Heroes, Marvel Heroes 2015, Marvel Heroes 2016, and Marvel Heroes Omega.

Wi5yDej.png
PA GUILD INFO: Agents of WANG ARCADE - Contact @Manetherenwolf, @Dirtyboy, or @Maddoc (all same name in game) to get guild invite.

Ventrilo (provided courtesty of @WolveSight )
tungsten.typefrag.com
port: 8761
password: candy1234

STEAM GROUP: PA SuperWANGs

Hero costs for splinters are 200/400/600 (tier depends on how much work they took to create or popularity). Splinters drop 1 every 6 to 10 minutes with chances for double or 10 pack drops.

Q: Can I create my own hero?
A: No, you can only play as any of the 30+ heroes currently in the game.

Q: Does gear I equip show on my hero?
A: No, gear is stats only. There are some visual effects that can be added to costumes such as glowing orbs or flaming Ghost Rider style heads, but otherwise you cannot change the base look of a costume. There are no hats.

Q: What is the gameplay like?
A: The game plays like a typical ARPG (Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile, etc.). Third-person, isometric view. You click mouse icon to where you want to move and use a combination of mouse and keyboard buttons to trigger attacks and abilities. There is currently no controller support.

In story mode, your hero progresses through "chapters" completing various quests while finding gear and leveling up. Currently story content ends around level 25 and level cap is 60. Once story mode is complete you use endgame content to level, this includes Legendary Quests (repeatable quests randomly pulled from a list), Terminals (Red, Green level boss fight instances), Holo-Sim (1-2 player challenge mode of increasingly difficult waves), X-Defense (5 player "horde" style mode protecting NPCs at X-Men Mansion with increasingly difficult waves).

v7iyLWW.png

*PRICES IN NON-US MARKETS MAY BE DIFFERENT*
iblUBmk9RNdt7A.png\

Marvel Heroes G Point Gift Cards Available at Gamestop and Amazon

content-mainimg.jpg

Dirtyboy on

• Options
    [RESERVED]

• Options
    [RESERVED]

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Might want to remove the old Odin's Bounty info pic in the OP...

• Options
    Like anyone actually reads the OP :P

• Options
    But- it's such a treasure trove of useful information!

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I should probably stop hoarding these boxes.

?.png

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I should probably stop hoarding these boxes.

?.png

Use them to complete the collection achievements for the omega orbs.

• Options
    Going to purge anyone from guild who hasn't logged in over 100 days to clean up the roster a bit. If anyone that gets purged decides to come back you can always get re-invited.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man and I thought my inventory was full of dumb things.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Ha i also have 2 full inventories of those boxes!

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I used a bunch Midtown boxes to finish off three of the item collection achievements for various characters. And I got the 5k drives achievement.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I keep telling myself I should gear up a ranged hero

And then I just keep coming back to melee heroes

Thinking She-Hulk is going to be the next hero I fully kit out with artifacts and a legendary, using this build (And probably set up my second spec to be the same thing except with the People's Elbow for the finisher, for when I need more AoE)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I liked Jean as a ranged hero and I wasn't a huge fan of ranged heroes before. Also Ironman's ranged build is fun if only it feels a little passive.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Damn. Got squished in the trial again, though this time I didn't even clear the first Sentinel.

When's a good time to use your ultimate, anyhoo? With Carol I am able to beat Madame Hydra without it, so I'm thinking at some point during Skull's portion, but when?

• Options
    I tend to use it to burn down the Hulkbusters once Madame Hydra appears.

I guess you could also use it on one of the Stark Sentinels?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I used mine when the first Sentinel appears. Originally used it on the hulkbusters after Hydra came down, but I managed to get past that without it.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I'd use the ultimate for either Hulkbusters or the second Sentinel. Remember Skulls damage output goes up after each Sentinel appears. Getting the second one down in a hurry is very important.

• Options
    I'd use the ultimate for either Hulkbusters or the second Sentinel. Remember Skulls damage output goes up after each Sentinel appears. Getting the second one down in a hurry is very important.

Did not know this. Ok, will try that. Thanks!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Can you try War Machine for free till level 10 or do you have to just buy him upfront?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Can you try War Machine for free till level 10 or do you have to just buy him upfront?

Not yet. You can't try the newest character for free, as soon as someone else comes out he'll be free to try, though. So, when Kitty Pride comes out next month, she'll be the one locked and you'll be able to try WM up to 10 just like everyone else.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    War Machine is fun enough. I think I got the rotation down a bit better last night. I still think I need to use the flame thrower to quick proc that first overheat, as ranged, and then move on to the normal rotation. He is not as mobile as most ranged but getting your ammo procs going and hitting that siggy will melt people. With chain guns, missles, flamethrowers, blackjack and hookers.... wait.

My favorite ranged is still Jean at this point.

• Options
    War Machine needs a few usability tweaks. (Total War needs to lock on, and Spit Fire needs to have better tracking and a better hit box)

But also, while it's not immediately evident, his numbers end up being a little low. I'm not sure where Gaz got that he's "top tier", but I expect him to get tuned upward a bit.

• Options
    I should pick Jean back up again. I got her to 50 before all the tweaking was done.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Got Hulk to 60. Could be a little tougher overall, but bounding around smashing everything that I brush against certainly feels like the Hulk.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Welp.

Miss-soon-to-be-Captain Marvel has just passed the cosmic trial.

Yay?

Time to focus on Cyke and IM mayhaps...

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

Not yet. You can't try the newest character for free, as soon as someone else comes out he'll be free to try, though. So, when Kitty Pride comes out next month, she'll be the one locked and you'll be able to try WM up to 10 just like everyone else.

Okay, that's what I thought. Waiting for Kitty and trying him then is a good idea I suppose. I've been antsy for his arrival but I don't play enough lately to justify jumping in and buying him blindly.

• Options
    The dakka though ... ;_;

• Options
    Started the process of gearing up She-Hulk last night. Got miraculously lucky on her costume affixes, and ended up with nearly perfect crit damage rolls on all slots after only spending about a million credits. Tossed one of my trifecta isotopes in as well so now I'm basically beholden to play her.

• Options
    New Squirrel Girl costume.

77pX2Wx.png
    1ggt8eT.png

• Options
    Its nice they are giving her a new costume and they are going to tweak her surviability.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Yeeeeees more squirrels for the squirrel god.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Wow, that cosmic patrol trial sure is kind of bullshit.

Tried going through it with Hulk and Rocket, both guys I have done red raids and used to do cosmic patrols with no problem, and they just get splattered as soon as I make the smallest mistake in my rotation.

• Options
    Neat, Spit Fire is getting fixed to track better, fire faster, and have a larger hit box this next patch. Basically everything that it needed, short of tuning.

Also Total War is apparently getting target lock functionality back.

They've confirmed that his damage is trending a bit behind where they expected as well, but they're giving it a little more time to see if people "figure him out" a bit more and squeeze more deeps out of him.

Spoiler: They won't, his layers aren't really complicated enough for there to be a whole lot to refine to find some hidden damage. But at least this is basically an early confirmation that he'll be getting tuned upward in the coming weeks.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Looks like Gaz had some layoffs, no idea who. But their former QA manager talked about it on twitter.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Looks like Gaz had some layoffs, no idea who. But their former QA manager talked about it on twitter.

Bummer. War Machine and Ant-Man didn't sell as well as they hoped, maybe?

• Options
    They've lost a TON of people since they implemented the trial. They had a large influx before the Avengers movie came out and its been a steady decline since then.

Heck just look at the guild. We had nights with 20+ people on there for awhile and now 5 is a good number.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    They have done good work in the last months. Which is sad to see the numbers decline. I imagine some of it is just age and people like me taking a break. Other is D3 and PoE releasing new content. The trial was never a deal breaker for me though.... no matter how stupid it is.

• Options
    Unfortunately, I correctly guessed things were bad yesterday when Cuthpaste (former Gaz QA lead) made a mysterious tweet saying something bad had happened and he couldn't talk about it. After he made that tweet, Mrs Brevik went on a solo stream and said MrB was still at work "not having a good time" after 9pm. They had around 120 total employees, with around a dozen working on Super Hero Squad and about 25 working solely on MH (rest were programmers, art, support staff who worked both games). Cuthpaste says the number is "huge" so guessing a third to a half of the staff gone. I can't see whomever is left being able to put out content at any good rate, not to mention others who survived the cut that will jump ship. I 100% assume the game is now dead in the water and will probably shut down by the end of the year, or be sold off to publisher (Gaz is privately funded).

You can see how they managed to get a large number of people back in the game when Avengers 2 came out but were unable to keep them: http://steamcharts.com/app/226320

Steam Spy stats: http://steamspy.com/app/226320

I'm sure it doesn't help when investors see games like Future Fight, Contest of Champions, Marvel Puzzle Quest making tons of money as F2P games (even though they are mobile based).

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    yea I started to play again when Avengers 2 came out, got Vision to 60 and another character.. I think Hawkeye.. was decent but like Diablo III doesnt keep my interest.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I've noticed Ryolnir, Asros, Mayhem all posting/tweeting today from work so at least seems like the core team is still in place. I know they were using some contractors for stuff, and there is one guy in the GAF thread saying he was one of the ones let go.