Options

Succession Non-Crisis [Chat]: Publius Aelius Hadrianus Augustus

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Shit like what porp dealt with is why kids can't trade in games at Gamestop anymore.

At EB we'd have kids come in all the fucking time and trade in like their entire game collection to buy a new game, then have a parent come in four hours later threatening to sue us.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Also ordered a steak medium rare last night and that shit came out raw in the middle. I mean it was cooked enough that I knew it was safe to eat but man it was like fucking chewing shoe leather.

it shits me when places can't tell rare from medium rare from straight blue

I have to know how off kilter every restaurant's interpretation of the scale is and adjust my order accordingly, and even then different cooks still mess it up

I mean I don't mind a rare steak if it's a good cut of meat, but this was steak and chicken tenders at O'Charley's so I mean it wasn't exactly a NY Strip.

Yeah as someone who likes a rare steak, if something is too under cooked it tastes bad. Its like the rare equivilent of well done.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    "Texas has less bugs than you think!"

Compared to what?

The Amazon Basin?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    i
    i dont know what "state of jones it up" means

During the civil war, a couple counties in Mississippi counter seceded. They became the "Free State of Jones" for a while, then rejoined the Union once friendly forces started coming near. They made a movie about it recently.

wait what I thought it happened in Texas

damn it

i don't want to say "art degree" but I also have to say "art degree"

artists are great at drawing

the wrong conclusions
    Now who is the one painting with the broad strokes.

BC. She's the only broad I know that paints

I DON'T PAINT LUDIOUS

So if I asked @spool32 he would tell me there's not an easel or paints anywhere in your junk at home

In the darkest timeline this is more than enough evidence

actually no there aren't

he'd go

"yeah uh she has some like, paint she slapped on her wall like ten years ago on butcher paper but that's about it. she has never owned an easel and there are no paints here"

More like "the easel we got you, you never used and now it's gone, and the one from when you were small is more like a whiteboard really. Also i think all the paints belong to your mother.

BLAMELESSCLERIC

FAILED PAINTER

you who else was a failed painter

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    O'Charley's used to have a pretty good prime rib but it got WAY too fatty. I guess they changed meat vendors or something, but the last couple of times I ordered it it was like 50/50 meat to fat ratio.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Mostly I'm just annoyed Texas did that whole thing where they tried to make textbooks awful, and they seem to be terrifyingly conservative in a lot of other ways. Except for Austin for some weird reason.

Texas Toast is pretty good, but I'm not sure what other Texas foods people are talking about.

Texas folk are great in that they might decide to claim anything they like as a Texas invention or at least in the Texas-style.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i

During the civil war, a couple counties in Mississippi counter seceded. They became the "Free State of Jones" for a while, then rejoined the Union once friendly forces started coming near. They made a movie about it recently.

damn it

the wrong conclusions

I DON'T PAINT LUDIOUS

So if I asked @spool32 he would tell me there's not an easel or paints anywhere in your junk at home

actually no there aren't

he'd go

"yeah uh she has some like, paint she slapped on her wall like ten years ago on butcher paper but that's about it. she has never owned an easel and there are no paints here"

More like "the easel we got you, you never used and now it's gone, and the one from when you were small is more like a whiteboard really. Also i think all the paints belong to your mother.

BLAMELESSCLERIC

FAILED PAINTER

Was it Hitler?

I bet it was Hitler.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Basically everything south of where I currently am is terrible.

Doesn't Texas have like, terrible snakes and scorpions?

• Options
    Shit like what porp dealt with is why kids can't trade in games at Gamestop anymore.

At EB we'd have kids come in all the fucking time and trade in like their entire game collection to buy a new game, then have a parent come in four hours later threatening to sue us.

Makes sense in both directions. Probably even worse when the parent games, the kid might not be trading in games that are their own.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular

Compared to what?

The Amazon Basin?

I remember Houston having fewer mosquitos than here in the summer

might have had more other kinds of bugs though I guess

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i

damn it

the wrong conclusions

I DON'T PAINT LUDIOUS

actually no there aren't

he'd go

BLAMELESSCLERIC

FAILED PAINTER

You know who is apparently becoming a successful painter?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    syndalis wrote: »
    i

damn it

Nah, this is what a Texas education looks like.

Things that also happened in Texas:

- First Airplane
    - First Discovery of Oil
    - Thanksgiving

HEY HEY HEY

I went to a charter okay I will hear no ill against Mr Escandell he taught World History as being p much exclusively about Asia and Africa and Mr Rodriguez's AP Human Geography class was basically "okay here is why Nationalism is dangerous and bad" 101

Now, Mr Foster may have had a life-size cut out of LBJ that he crossed himself every time he walked past but he also taught the civil war as being about slavery and not states rights

my history teachers were excellent!

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Just opened a gatorade from my mini fridge. It's frozen.

Shit.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    heading out to get my tattoo in about half an hour

i'm pretty excited

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Also ordered a steak medium rare last night and that shit came out raw in the middle. I mean it was cooked enough that I knew it was safe to eat but man it was like fucking chewing shoe leather.

I have to know how off kilter every restaurant's interpretation of the scale is and adjust my order accordingly, and even then different cooks still mess it up

I mean I don't mind a rare steak if it's a good cut of meat, but this was steak and chicken tenders at O'Charley's so I mean it wasn't exactly a NY Strip.

I don't mind rare, I just hate the pretence of asking me and then giving me something that could be anywhere from "seared on the outside/raw inside" to "just a little pink inside"

like I didn't come here to play a meat guessing game

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    i

damn it

the wrong conclusions

I DON'T PAINT LUDIOUS

actually no there aren't

he'd go

This is even better evidence so um

thanks

well that's neither an easel nor paints and also happened 10 years ago

so no I do not currently paint

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I agree. BC -does- have some striking things in common with Hitler

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    i

damn it

Nah, this is what a Texas education looks like.

Things that also happened in Texas:

- First Airplane
    - First Discovery of Oil
    - Thanksgiving

HEY HEY HEY

I went to a charter okay I will hear no ill against Mr Escandell he taught World History as being p much exclusively about Asia and Africa and Mr Rodriguez's AP Human Geography class was basically "okay here is why Nationalism is dangerous and bad" 101

Now, Mr Foster may have had a life-size cut out of LBJ that he crossed himself every time he walked past but he also taught the civil war as being about slavery and not states rights

my history teachers were excellent!

(e)L

BJ!

• Options

I don't mind rare, I just hate the pretence of asking me and then giving me something that could be anywhere from "seared on the outside/raw inside" to "just a little pink inside"

like I didn't come here to play a meat guessing game

Door #2 has a goat, so don't switch doors and you'll get a new steak car.

• Options
    i

damn it

the wrong conclusions

I DON'T PAINT LUDIOUS

actually no there aren't

he'd go

BLAMELESSCLERIC

FAILED PAINTER

MAYBE

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Arale is in Dragon Ball, again.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    z1urewp5ylrj.png

This is science.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Dragons don't even have balls.

It's a lie.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i

damn it

the wrong conclusions

I DON'T PAINT LUDIOUS

actually no there aren't

he'd go

Anyone else waiting for this quote to close?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I agree. BC -does- have some striking things in common with Hitler

It's really all coming together.

BC, who do you blame for your nation's current woes?

• Options
    Texas sucks. TN's whole motto is because of the alamo which we lost, because Texas sucks.

Austin is literally the only good part of Texas that I am aware of.

hey hey hey buddy back off okay

there are lots of good things about Texas
    • Geckos in your house they are so cute
    • Cacti are very pretty and interesting
    • Grow a lot of our own food
    • Actually a pretty decent renewable energy investor, y'know, considering
    • MOSTLY no tornados
    • Beautiful art and music
    • Excellent food pretty much everywhere you go
    • Very hot sometimes which is good for some, bad for others, maybe a neutral point honestly but I mean come on, you can swim outdoors all the way into October
    • Very beautiful flowers
    • Fewer bugs than you might think!

bad things about texas:
    • Again yes it is really fucking hot, a negative for some
    • Racists (but let's be real we have these everywhere and it depends on what part of the state you live in)
    • Uh really awful legislature but honestly we're working on it and if more dems were here to vote against them then that would be swell
    • Baptists everywhere
    • Cedar

That's a goddamn lie and you know it.

I lived in SA for six months I've seen them

dude okay I have lived in Massachusetts for almost 3 years now and I have to say, the bugs here are WAY worse than any bugs I have ever encountered in Texas, and CONSIDERABLY more plentiful

I think it's time to accept that bugs are everywhere

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    heading out to get my tattoo in about half an hour

i'm pretty excited

Unloading up front, parking in the rear?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dragons don't even have balls.

It's a lie.

You slice them in the cockles with a long and shiny blade.

• Options

not in the cities or suburbs really, and if you know what to do they're not actually dangerous

so long as you follow a couple basic rules it's really not dangerous at all

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I suddenly want steak tartare

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Texas sucks. TN's whole motto is because of the alamo which we lost, because Texas sucks.

• MOSTLY no tornados
    • Very hot sometimes which is good for some, bad for others, maybe a neutral point honestly but I mean come on, you can swim outdoors all the way into October
    • Very beautiful flowers

bad things about texas:
    • Racists (but let's be real we have these everywhere and it depends on what part of the state you live in)
    • Uh really awful legislature but honestly we're working on it and if more dems were here to vote against them then that would be swell
    • Baptists everywhere
    • Cedar

dude okay I have lived in Massachusetts for almost 3 years now and I have to say, the bugs here are WAY worse than any bugs I have ever encountered in Texas, and CONSIDERABLY more plentiful

Not too many bugs in western WA

spiders mostly, and a normal-to-low number of mosquitoes

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Aw man I got mud butt.

Was going to make turkey chili later today to finish off the leftovers but now I am hesitant. Hmmm

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Compared to what?

The Amazon Basin?

I remember Houston having fewer mosquitos than here in the summer

might have had more other kinds of bugs though I guess

Houston can have a ton of mosquitos but for whatever reason we've had less over the past few years.

• Options
    Man I need to go to the bank and pick up lunch but I want to see if I get the new chat first

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    now bc, when -you- say bugs, are we talking mosquitos or media moguls
    just to clarify

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

not in the cities or suburbs really, and if you know what to do they're not actually dangerous

Yeah sure if your rules are "don't go outside" and "if it's inside, burn it down"

Edit: I learned this in Australia I'm not sure if it applies to Texas

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options

• MOSTLY no tornados
    • Very beautiful flowers

bad things about texas:
    • Baptists everywhere
    • Cedar

I lived in Marlboro for a year. No bugs then suddenly a centipede swarm.

:bigfrown:

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

rule 1: wear boots or jeans with long socks

rule 2: never go outside

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    now bc, when -you- say bugs, are we talking mosquitos or media moguls
    just to clarify

okay I laughed at this and feel bad about myself.

• Options
    I forgot to put "hot take" in my texas post

shit

This discussion has been closed.