Options

It's a Brand New [CHAT]!

OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripateticRegistered User regular
edited November 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
bx440fjn4qhu.gif

Mope no more, citizens. You are all being inducted into my singing cabaret of joy.

You can sing this with me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTLU2kR4nSo

Or this song about how I'm definitely not turning OLD on Saturday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jemgIOAjGDw

Remember, I love you all.

Here I drew you a happy face too.

cge46f6tix5e.png

OnTheLastCastle on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm just so happy AH rolled a 1

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    No hotlinking you scrublord

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I was going to post this:

So it's an MMO. But it is also an Elder Scrolls game.

How do I know it is an Elder Scrolls game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_H3U-mTOzs

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow scrublord chat up ins.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    NO HOTLINKING

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I like the energy here.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Where's my sidekick, Moist? (Also everyone should watch Commentary! The Musical from the Dr. Horrible DVD)

Also desc, that wasn't a hot take, that's accurate. The Texas School Board's textbook controls are terrifying and they're awful.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Castle you're old. But I'm right behind you on that too, :/

Also from last thread re: Texas

Bleric you're from Texas

You've drank the sweet tea

You are biased

Now me, on the other hand, I experienced San Antonio as an outsider from Sacramento so I am uniquely qualified to comment on it.

Things I liked:
    - people are super nice!
    - Foood!
    - Was like a mix of Folsom, East Sac, and the strip malls of Carmichael. But with more Mexican food and Texas flags.
    - Different culture!

Things I didn't like:
    - Humidity! Dear god the Humidity
    - OH MY GOD RAIN AND FLOODING
    - JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE BUGS
    - OH GOD THERE'S WASPS IN MY APARTMENT
    - FLEAAAAAAAS!!!
    - WHY AM I RUNNING MY DEFROSTER WHILE IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE WHAT DO YOU MEAN HUMIDITY?
    - BITCH WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T BUY BOOZE UNTIL NOON DON'T YOU KNOW I'M AN ALCOHOLIC HOW IS CALIFORNIA MORE PROGRESSIVE ABOUT BUYING BOOZE THAN TEXAS

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I fixed it sorry. It's been so long!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    YES
    I get to keep my shitty outlook!

Ludious on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    No, I will not discover Pixabay. I am not a favor of their "No Hotlinking" policy.

Now, someone tell me more about the exotic land of Tejas so that I may imagine myself in a place that is not gray, wet, and filled with pretentious, passive-aggressive introverts for a moment more.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I am here for happy chat, the chat that is happy

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I've been to Arizona
    That's kind of like Texas.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    there will be laughter and merriment

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

Citizens in the Designated Mirth District are reminded that they are required to be merry at all times

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Oh man Deep Space Nine is so good.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Basically everything south of where I currently am is terrible.

Doesn't Texas have like, terrible snakes and scorpions?

not in the cities or suburbs really, and if you know what to do they're not actually dangerous

so long as you follow a couple basic rules it's really not dangerous at all

Yeah sure if your rules are "don't go outside" and "if it's inside, burn it down"

Edit: I learned this in Australia I'm not sure if it applies to Texas

no not really, it's like

I mean if you want a real answer:
    • Don't walk in tall grass without good thick jeans and high boots. No open toed shoes in the desert.
    • Keep your ears alert and your eyes open!
    • Never let your dog run in tall grass
    • Kick rocks or logs over, don't use your hands
    • If you see a scorpion, just walk away, they're not going to like, chase you
    • If you see a dangerous snake (first you will probably HEAR the snake, in which case you stop moving and look around for it) you, walk slowly backwards away from it, and then you run away once you're a little ways away
    • If you see a non-dangerous snake, it's not dangerous, just wave a stick at it and it'll probably go away
    • If you're in the desert/in a house in the hill country, you put your shoes up on a shelf or on a table while you sleep, then you shake them out before you put them back on (this solves the scorpion problem)

Honestly you very rarely encounter any of that

in a total of like 16 years of living there, I have encountered

1 tarantula (palm size, sitting on a rock in the woods minding its own business)
    1 or 2 black widows, easily vacuumed
    3 or 4 scorpions (all in houses with water leaking on the floor, which they like, in the middle of nowhere)
    0 snakes

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oh man Garak is so good.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Bleric you're from Texas

You are biased

Now me, on the other hand, I experienced San Antonio as an outsider from Sacramento so I am uniquely qualified to comment on it.

Things I liked:
    - people are super nice!
    - Foood!
    - Was like a mix of Folsom, East Sac, and the strip malls of Carmichael. But with more Mexican food and Texas flags.
    - Different culture!

Things I didn't like:
    - FLEAAAAAAAS!!!
    - WHY AM I RUNNING MY DEFROSTER WHILE IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE WHAT DO YOU MEAN HUMIDITY?
    - BITCH WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T BUY BOOZE UNTIL NOON DON'T YOU KNOW I'M AN ALCOHOLIC HOW IS CALIFORNIA MORE PROGRESSIVE ABOUT BUYING BOOZE THAN TEXAS

I say the same things about Sacramento.

Except for the booze part. Apparently California is the motherland of treating alcohol purchasers like adults. Get your shit together America.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

Citizens in the Designated Mirth District are reminded that they are required to be merry at all times

Please line up to have your Joy Levels calibrated.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    syndalis wrote: »

it's very much a Bethesda game

you can jump down a 200 foot drop and as long as you hug the wall on the way down you take no falling damage

which isn't such a bad thing in an MMO because falling damage annoys me the more games I play.

It works fine in certain ones where platforming is part of the gameplay but in a Bethesda game where every slope is either fully walkable or impassably covered in vaseline it's just dumb

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    I don't ever want to live in a place where I have to check my shoes and bedsheets for poisonous murder insects with super pincers.

Tiny lizards are cute but we had those in Tennessee too!

• Options
    Vowels love Texas though we did not go to the strip club right by his motel so what's the point.

• Options
    Vowels love Texas though we did not go to the strip club right by his motel so what's the point.

Texas is nice to visit but I wouldn't live there I don't think.

Depends on the pay really.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Oh man Deep Space Nine is so good.

the best star trek

simply the best

better than all the rest

• Options
    They're doing a fundraiser this weekend at an inner city community center
    It's a Hamilton sing-a-long

fuck yessss

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

it's very much a Bethesda game

you can jump down a 200 foot drop and as long as you hug the wall on the way down you take no falling damage

which isn't such a bad thing in an MMO because falling damage annoys me the more games I play.

It works fine in certain ones where platforming is part of the gameplay but in a Bethesda game where every slope is either fully walkable or impassably covered in vaseline it's just dumb

I prefer the "fall damage exists but never kills you" paradigm myself

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The Witcher 3 has some weird falling mechanics.

I walked off a cliff not very high. Instant death.

I walked off the same cliff maybe 1 foot lower, took like 100 hp worth of damage. I have 3700 hp.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @onthelastcastle what is this

you aren't on the list of approved chatters

don't worry, icy should be able to fix the bug soon

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    I would move to texas for a 20% raise (pre COL adjustments)

• Options
    Also in tennessee at least, hard liquor and beer are not allowed to be sold in the same store. There's an alcohol percentage cutoff. In addition to all the normal "It's sunday you can't have booze go away" laws.

I went to one store where they had one building with a wall down the middle and one side had beer and the other side had liquor and if you wanted both you had to buy your thing from one side, exit the building and walk to the other door and go in that side to get the other thing. It was ridiculous.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My pharmacist just threw my meda to me.

She saw me come in, and was scanning the barcodes for my meds as I approached.

Then she just said "Catch!" and tossed the bag over the counter to me.

If I weren't so polite that I had to ask how her day was going, I wouldn't have broken my stride.

That might be too casual.

• Options

I walked off the same cliff maybe 1 foot lower, took like 100 hp worth of damage. I have 3700 hp.

yeah, the damage scaling for falls is janky

pro-tip if you time a roll right on your landing you take 0 damage

• Options
    I did not get to make a chat for 4.5 years, Shark! But I made 4 in April-July 2012.

They were all awesome.

I had a draft of a Kubo and the Two Strings chat I made last week cause I COULD FEEL MY TIME COMING. But I don't know how to access draft threads you save.....................................

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also in tennessee at least, hard liquor and beer are not allowed to be sold in the same store. There's an alcohol percentage cutoff. In addition to all the normal "It's sunday you can't have booze go away" laws.

I went to one store where they had one building with a wall down the middle and one side had beer and the other side had liquor and if you wanted both you had to buy your thing from one side, exit the building and walk to the other door and go in that side to get the other thing. It was ridiculous.

MS is like this too but the abv cutoff is so low grocery stores can't even sell wine.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Bleric you're from Texas

You are biased

Things I liked:
    - people are super nice!
    - Foood!
    - Different culture!

Things I didn't like:
    - FLEAAAAAAAS!!!

I say the same things about Sacramento.

Except for the booze part. Apparently California is the motherland of treating alcohol purchasers like adults. Get your shit together America.

hot take: adults are p much the only people who are alcoholics

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

yeah, the damage scaling for falls is janky

pro-tip if you time a roll right on your landing you take 0 damage

just hold the roll vaguely before landing and it's fine

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I did not get to make a chat for 4.5 years, Shark! But I made 4 in April-July 2012.

They were all awesome.

I had a draft of a Kubo and the Two Strings chat I made last week cause I COULD FEEL MY TIME COMING. But I don't know how to access draft threads you save.....................................

My last [chat] was May 2008.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

MS is like this too but the abv cutoff is so low grocery stores can't even sell wine.

Yeah I've seen that problem too. I don't recall if you can get wine in TN grocery stores but I want to say no. I've seen stores with big signs asking people to sign a thing to get that law changed so they can sell wine.

Meanwhile that year I spent in Missouri we went to a walmart that had giant piles of hard liquor stacked everywhere.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

They were all awesome.

Upper right corner, gear icon, my drafts, probably.

This discussion has been closed.