Options

Republican Debates: NOW LIVE!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Talous wrote: »
    CNN has the most retarded fucking panelists. They make me angry.
    The stream isn't egregious.

Lets get a retired Us Army Lt. General to talk about how gays affect moral
    Brilliant!

Wait, what? I missed that.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ask_lesko wrote: »
    Did anybody point out how the gay general is a member of Hillary's campaign?

Linky link

doh

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    CNN has the most retarded fucking panelists. They make me angry.
    The stream isn't egregious.

Lets get a retired Us Army Lt. General to talk about how gays affect moral
    Brilliant!

Wait, what? I missed that.

He was ranting about how don't ask and don't tell is a negitive moral genrator among other things toward the end of the program

Brainleech on
  • Options
    RaethRaeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Linky link

The Clinton News Network strikes again!

Raeth on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Raeth wrote: »

Linky link

It's still a valid question.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seriously i usually defend CNN about that crap but they screened the questions and hell invited the guy there. They had to have known.

Way to give em more ammo Hilary.

Her can't touch me attitude is starting to sound awful Bushlike.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TalousTalous Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I believe they stole this retarded undecided voter thing from FOX and it's still retarded on CNN.

Talous on
    Glampgrotz - Black Orc - Ulthuan TSM
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've gotta give Thompson points for his choice of video ad alone.

I wonder if they do that in future debates, if the tone of the videos will be changed substantially because of that. I hope so.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Chuck Norris is on the Stream! Claims Huckabee the winner!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I was hoping for a Huckabee pile-on, here. I was hoping he'd get his ass kicked, knocked back down into third-tier status.

Not so much.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I can't believe she just told Chuck fucking Norris to be careful going down the stairs.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Man I need to watch the stream next time.

Talous on
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    RaethRaeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    I can't believe she just told Chuck fucking Norris to be careful going down the stairs.

Chuck Norris doesn't fall down stairs -- the stairs get the fuck out of the way.

Raeth on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You didn't watch the debate, or you just watched it on television?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe I'm a little biased because I was hanging out with Huckabee's daughter-in-law tonight, but damn, Huck just kicked some ass. Am I right?

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    You didn't watch the debate, or you just watched it on television?

television

Talous on
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    imbalanced wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a little biased because I was hanging out with Huckabee's daughter-in-law tonight, but damn, Huck just kicked some ass. Am I right?

Say what now

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BottlesBottles Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If I remember correctly, Chuck Norris endorsed Huckabee. Which could be considered a victory even if he doesn't get the nomination.

Bottles on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Say what now

I was at a bar with Huckabee's daughter-in-law. What? We didn't french or anything.

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Say what now

I was at a bar with Huckabee's daughter-in-law. What? We didn't french or anything.

I was just askin man.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    Ronroids are distorting this poll. It was 99% Huckabee, dammit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ron didn't win shit. Yeah, maybe it was cause they hardly let him speak, but the poll isn't who would have won it if they had equal screen time, it's who won it as it was. Hucks all the way.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think he can call it a win if he's not hurting himself.

Talous on
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh man, the ONN declares Romney the Candidate Americans most want to get in a barfight with.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh man, the ONN declares Romney the Candidate Americans most want to get in a barfight with.
    He does kind of have a punchable face.

Like he smiles that big smile of his, and it's easy to see myself smashing it in while saying something witty.

It's Christmastime again, so I could go with the old "Time to deck your halls!"

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I picked McCain, as he's the Republican I would choose if I were forced to pick one.

From a campaign standpoint, though, Huckabee is only going to add to his support base on account of his performance here. Best speaker hands down.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lol!

Going to have to get some roundup to deal with all those Hillary plants.

Missed most of this debate since I actually have things to do now.

Savant on
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How is anyone voting for Ron Paul, the man who, when asked "Is it true that you believe [insert conspiracy theory here]?" actually answered "Yup"?

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How is anyone voting for Ron Paul, the man who, when asked "Is it true that you believe [insert conspiracy theory here]?" actually answered "Yup"?

Even conspiracy nuts deserve representation?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Raeth wrote: »

Linky link

I didn't watch the last half of the debates and when I woke up to this news it demands a huge WTF?!?

HillaryCo must think they're untouchable or something.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Paranoid schizophrenia doesn't disqualify a candidate!
    :P

MKR on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    After thinking it over since last night I picked Huckabee. McCain would have been my choice though if he didn't completely deny the shortcomings of Iraq and Vietnam.

Quid on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad Romney finally completely threw out his previous positions and fell into line with conservatives everywhere and declared that he does in fact hate fags just like the rest of the Republicans. Wouldn't want him seeming too odd!

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    I'm glad Romney finally completely threw out his previous positions and fell into line with conservatives everywhere and declared that he does in fact hate fags just like the rest of the Republicans. Wouldn't want him seeming too queer!

Fixed.

MKR on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    If anyone on CNN can handle a debate, it's Anderson. I've heard he doesn't even vote because he thinks that would cause him to lose impartiality. (He'd then be rooting for someone, and as a result possibly inadvertantly softball them and hardball their opposition, thus skewing the result.) Which, you should really vote, but if you're not going to, I have heard far worse reasons than that.

EDIT: This is basically the same reason he doesn't entertain any of the is-he-gay rumors.

Yes, it's quite a contrast to Chris Matthews. When asked if he was going to vote for Obama he replied "I would coronate him myself if I had the power."

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So, apparently the Hillary plant was just the tip of the iceberg. There were like three other videos from declared supporters of democratic candidates.

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/11/29/digging-out-the-cnnyoutube-plants-abortion-questioner-is-edwards-supporter/

That said, I really didn't mind pointed questions from the opposition party. The candidates will eventually have to field these types of questions, so they better be prepared. My only beef with the whole thing is that known democrats were taking question slots away from people who truly wanted to ask questions to differentiate the republican candidates in an effort to pick who they want to elect.

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    If anyone on CNN can handle a debate, it's Anderson. I've heard he doesn't even vote because he thinks that would cause him to lose impartiality. (He'd then be rooting for someone, and as a result possibly inadvertantly softball them and hardball their opposition, thus skewing the result.) Which, you should really vote, but if you're not going to, I have heard far worse reasons than that.

EDIT: This is basically the same reason he doesn't entertain any of the is-he-gay rumors.

Yes, it's quite a contrast to Chris Matthews. When asked if he was going to vote for Obama he replied "I would coronate him myself if I had the power."
    Meh. I've heard worse. Of course, most of those were shitty pundits, but unfortunately, that sort of statement seems to be middle of the road in what counts as 'journalism' these days.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So, apparently the Hillary plant was just the tip of the iceberg. There were like three other videos from declared supporters of democratic candidates.

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/11/29/digging-out-the-cnnyoutube-plants-abortion-questioner-is-edwards-supporter/

That said, I really didn't mind pointed questions from the opposition party. The candidates will eventually have to field these type of questions, so they better be prepared. My only beef with the whole thing is that known democrats were taking question slots away from people who truly wanted to ask questions to differentiate the republican candidates in an effort to pick who they want to elect.
    People lied on the internet? Le shock! As long as the questions were valid (as most were), why does it matter which party they're coming from?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    People lied on the internet? Le shock! As long as the questions were valid (as most were), why does it matter which party they're coming from?

It really doesn't matter, but it makes CNN look bad. I mean, they could have disclosed that information rather than have the candidates presume they were discussing an issue by an actually interested party. It makes the questions look more like zings than actual discussion issues.

The fact that CNN, or at least Anderson, didn't know they were democrats means they didn't do a very thorough job of checking their own selection of entries. It's not like they haven't had months to prepare for this debate....

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't see how changing the person's affiliation changes the questions since they were asked with only the context the person provided in the video.

And besides, why shouldn't democrats get to ask questions at a Republican debate and vice versa? Why wouldn't they be interested?

Quid on