As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Republican Debates: NOW LIVE!

1192021222325»

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DHDP?

Smasher on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    DHDP?
    Don't Harass Don't Pursue. It had to be put into place after DADT since jackasses could investigate/stalk service members they suspected or just flat out harass them.

The harrassment parts are pretty much covered by harrassment rules now though.

Quid on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hodj wrote: »
    Our standards for our warriors are actually pretty high, but they get lowered some when we need to recruit more. I for one don't really care whether someone is openly gay in the military, but I see the reasoning behind it. A bunch of guys playing "grab ass" (yes this is a bit of an exaggeration, to make a specific point) in the barracks really isn't conducive to a high morale, especially when it's being done around men who disagree with the practice. I'm sorry but you will most likely never see open homosexuality allowed in the US military for this exact reason.
    Uh, as far as "grab ass" goes, you pretty much just described what the U.S. military is like now.
    Also, consider the reality that open sexual activity between males and females isn't allowed either, so it's not like this is a double standard.
    Really? Heterosexual men get kicked out of the military for talking about having had sex with women? That's a new one on me. Maybe you'd like to give a citation as to when that has ever happened...?
    And let me just state for the record I disagree with your assessment of "Americans about achieving more and more equality all the time" stuff. I reject that completely. America is founded on the idea that all men are created equal. That doesn't mean we are supposed to disregard all common sense and charge headlong towards false equality and moral equivalency. You are created equal, you start at the same position.

How far you make it in the race is entirely up to you and your decisions in life, and sometimes when you make a choice, you have to make it knowing that you will affect many areas of your life.

Basically, everyone is offered an equal spot on the starting line, but equality of who finishes the race is never guaranteed.
    Really? Seriously? I... just wow. The idea that when I was born, I had the same opportunities and advantages that George W. Bush did is pretty fucking hilarious.
    And let me remidn you that feeling this way about these topics doesn't mean something is "wrong with you". That's the prejudiced notions you yourself are exhibiting in believing that someone who believes in old traditional style morality is somehow "wrong" or broken. That morality has existed for far longer than any of us have or will exist, and people will be following those lifestyles tens of thousands of years in the future if we even make it that far before turning everyone into irradiated ash.
    Slavery was a regular human practice and part of "traditional morality" for thousands of years. Does that make it okay?

Thanatos on