As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild] Bokoblin Genocide Simulator

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    more than it being interesting to me that some folks hate weapon durability is that some folks don't meet games on their own terms

this is ZERO PERCENT a criticism of people who do that, to be clear. there is more entertainment out there now than ever before, and that includes easy access to basically anything ever made in any medium, so why do something you don't like?

but to me, when I booted up zelda, it could probably have kicked me in the dick and I'd have said "well played, game, now let me figure out how to not get kicked in the dick again" rather than "well, fuck that I'm done here". which clearly I'm not trying to say is smart, it's just a different approach. I want to play breath of the wild, no annoying mechanic would keep me from that.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Sneak Strike is the best use of the Boulder Breaker.

Yeah I've been using a Royal Claymore and it just obliterates unsuspecting enemies. Took out every guard in the last room in the Yiga hideout with that maneuver. Can only imagine how good the Boulder Breaker would be.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    There's only one shrine I've given up on and even then it was only for the bonus chest, I finished the actual shrine.
    Gives you a ball and a hammer and you have to stasis the ball and then thwack it into a hole a ways away. There's a second area where you can do it to get a treasure chest and I just can't get the damn timing/aiming down.
    I feel like there has to be some trick to this one.
    I practically got a hole in one a couple of times and the ball continued merrily onward and out, so unless you need a direct hit I don't think you can just hit it "right."

If you could put ice blocks behind the thing somehow... or do ice arrows create a flat platform? Maybe you could create a runway.

Actually you are thinking of a different shrine I think.
    SniperGuy is talking about the shrine where you controller a hammer and hit the ball with it. You're thinking of the shrine you hit the ball yourself. I ended up looking up the answer to the shrine you are talking about because I didn't even realize how weapons interact during stasis.

No I'm talking about the one where you hit the ball yourself.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    There's only one shrine I've given up on and even then it was only for the bonus chest, I finished the actual shrine.
    Gives you a ball and a hammer and you have to stasis the ball and then thwack it into a hole a ways away. There's a second area where you can do it to get a treasure chest and I just can't get the damn timing/aiming down.
    There's a two-part trick for this sort of thing.

1) Go into first-person mode after casting Stasis to fix your aim (because the Stasis camera ruins it every frigging time)

2)
    5 swings with a hammer and then like 3 swings with a one-handed sword. Can't be done with a hammer alone; you need like 5.5 swings' worth.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Some people just really don't enjoy the feeling of losing their items, regardless of how easy they are to replenish. I probably would have hated it as well before my Skyrim induced zen experience.

I'll admit I still don't really like it

It's just one of those parts of the game that I'll forgive because everything else is 500% better than any other open world game I've ever played
    I still don't really like losing my items, but I DO like getting new items or (even better) chucking a damaged one after an enemy that was just knocked back, watching it explode into a shower of blue sparks, then running after them and grabbing their own weapon on the way to continue whaling on them.

I think this system works better in this game, so I'm glad they went with it.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    more than it being interesting to me that some folks hate weapon durability is that some folks don't meet games on their own terms

this is ZERO PERCENT a criticism of people who do that, to be clear. there is more entertainment out there now than ever before, and that includes easy access to basically anything ever made in any medium, so why do something you don't like?

but to me, when I booted up zelda, it could probably have kicked me in the dick and I'd have said "well played, game, now let me figure out how to not get kicked in the dick again" rather than "well, fuck that I'm done here". which clearly I'm not trying to say is smart, it's just a different approach. I want to play breath of the wild, no annoying mechanic would keep me from that.

Yeah, but I was one of those people! When it came out my biggest apprehension was that I'd constantly be running out of weapons

The game THROWS weapons at you. Sometimes literally. By the time I entered my first dungeon I was all but over that feeling.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

1) Go into first-person mode after casting Stasis to fix your aim (because the Stasis camera ruins it every frigging time)

2)
    5 swings with a hammer and then like 3 swings with a one-handed sword. Can't be done with a hammer alone; you need like 5.5 swings' worth.

•••

●●●

omg

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Mass Effect is tomorrow.

I haven't even cleared 1 dungeon in this game. I think I'm just done. I've tried, and I can't do it. When I'm at home, and I have gaming free time, I should have been playing Zelda. But weapon durability makes me hate this game.

It's a damn shame because it's a beautiful game world. But that one feature, all by itself, makes me never want to log in and play.

This will be the first main-line Zelda game I have not finished.

Maybe if they patch out durability I'll try it again in the future. But for me personally, this game is unplayable. It is not fun to have my weapon breaking against every enemy I fight. It's seriously like a 1 to 1 ratio of weapon to enemy breaking. It's absolutely ludicrous. And not fun. And a game-ruining experience.

So am hanging up my green tights and I'll just play Mass Effect.

What are you doing with your weapons that they're breaking on every enemy? Do you smash your swords against rocks several times to warm up or something? The only weapon that's going to break that often is, like, a Torch.

Don't forget that you also have bows. A well-placed shot can kill an enemy in one hit, netting you their weapon. And you can collect all the arrows that miss.

Weapons you find in the world will respawn over time, so if you ever find a decent sword lying around somewhere, make a note on the map and come back later to get another one. I will even help! You can find at least a sword and shield in every major town. There's an axe or hammer at every stable!

Lastly, weapons do get more durable as you find better ones.

Honestly, once you've left the plateau, unless you're trying to go somewhere you obviously shouldn't, like straight to Hyrule Castle, there is no excuse for running out of weapons.

No, I'm not smashing my sword against rocks first. What an asinine thing to suggest.

I'm playing the game like "normal." I approach a camp. I fight a dude. My sword breaks against that dude. I get out another weapon and kill the next dude. It breaks. Get my next weapon for the 3rd dude. It breaks.

So at the end of the camp when the camp is clear and all the dudes are dead, I have replaced as many weapons as dudes that I have killed.

Sometimes I find better weapons that last maybe 2-3 dudes before they break. But when they inevitably do break, then I'm back to just clubs and skeleton arms until I find another decent weapon.

But even decent weapons are shit. There's no such thing as a "good weapon" in this game. A best case scenario is a weapon that might last as many as 5 dudes before it breaks. And that's still not enough.

The entire system is not fun. I don't want to be replacing weapons all the time. That isn't fun gameplay. It is unnecessary tedium.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    HOLY SHIT EVENTIDE ISLAND
    So one of the 3 orbs is at the top of a big hill in the island. The pedestool to put it in is also there. Now, if you were like me, you accidentally knocked the orb off the hill onto the bottom. The problem? The game doesn't reset the location of the damn orb!!! I had accidentally blown the orb far off into the water. While I was able to get it back onto land, the problem of not resetting the location becomes apparent: there is seemingly no way to get this fucking orb up that hill since you are constantly forced to climb. Running far out of view of the orb doesn't reset it. Sitting by the fire overnight doesn't reset it. Apparently dying resets the whole island but I had cleared everything (including killing the Hinox) and didn't want to do it over again. Then of course a Blood Moon happens and respawns everything.

Being super stubborn, and after 1.5 hours, I finally managed to get that fucking orb to the top and complete the trial. Near the Hinox, there is a very specific pattern you can take up the hill without having to climb, but it doesn't get you to very top, it gets you JUST short. When you're there, you run up the last part and right before you slip, you throw the orb up, and it just barely hangs on the lip of the hill. Then, you need to immediately run to the top and grab the orb before it tumbles back down the hill.

In conclusion, fuck not resetting the orb location.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mass Effect is tomorrow.

I haven't even cleared 1 dungeon in this game. I think I'm just done. I've tried, and I can't do it. When I'm at home, and I have gaming free time, I should have been playing Zelda. But weapon durability makes me hate this game.

It's a damn shame because it's a beautiful game world. But that one feature, all by itself, makes me never want to log in and play.

Maybe if they patch out durability I'll try it again in the future. But for me personally, this game is unplayable. It is not fun to have my weapon breaking against every enemy I fight. It's seriously like a 1 to 1 ratio of weapon to enemy breaking. It's absolutely ludicrous. And not fun. And a game-ruining experience.

What are you doing with your weapons that they're breaking on every enemy? Do you smash your swords against rocks several times to warm up or something? The only weapon that's going to break that often is, like, a Torch.

Don't forget that you also have bows. A well-placed shot can kill an enemy in one hit, netting you their weapon. And you can collect all the arrows that miss.

Weapons you find in the world will respawn over time, so if you ever find a decent sword lying around somewhere, make a note on the map and come back later to get another one. I will even help! You can find at least a sword and shield in every major town. There's an axe or hammer at every stable!

Honestly, once you've left the plateau, unless you're trying to go somewhere you obviously shouldn't, like straight to Hyrule Castle, there is no excuse for running out of weapons.

No, I'm not smashing my sword against rocks first. What an asinine thing to suggest.

I'm playing the game like "normal." I approach a camp. I fight a dude. My sword breaks against that dude. I get out another weapon and kill the next dude. It breaks. Get my next weapon for the 3rd dude. It breaks.

So at the end of the camp when the camp is clear and all the dudes are dead, I have replaced as many weapons as dudes that I have killed.

Sometimes I find better weapons that last maybe 2-3 dudes before they break. But when they inevitably do break, then I'm back to just clubs and skeleton arms until I find another decent weapon.

But even decent weapons are shit. There's no such thing as a "good weapon" in this game. A best case scenario is a weapon that might last as many as 5 dudes before it breaks. And that's still not enough.

The entire system is not fun. I don't want to be replacing weapons all the time. That isn't fun gameplay. It is unnecessary tedium.

I hear this mostly from people trying to engage in combat soley with weapons. Try using the bow more. Try throwing bombs. Don't fight stuff you don't have to fight! Go explore to find some better weapons that'll last longer. There's a ton of options for combat and rarely is the best approach to just stroll into camp and swing your sword until they all die. And yeah, there totally are good weapons that last a while in this game. But you should be using them disposably and not worrying about it. Which is hard, I know, but you get so many there's no reason to hold onto stuff for very long.

Edit: and personally I do think it's fun. I have to learn different weapon types and different ways to approach encounters rather than just be good at swords and i'm done.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Mass Effect is tomorrow.

not to split toooo many hairs with you (especially since I don't like the weapon system that much either), but you do have an unlimited amount of bombs, you can pick up arrows from your missed shots and enemies missed shots, and you can perfect parry or sneak strike which are one hit kills for a lot of enemies!

I don't much care for the durability system, but there are loads of ways to either bypass that system or mitigate it

• Options
    TelMarine wrote: »
    So one of the 3 orbs is at the top of a big hill in the island. The pedestool to put it in is also there. Now, if you were like me, you accidentally knocked the orb off the hill onto the bottom. The problem? The game doesn't reset the location of the damn orb!!! I had accidentally blown the orb far off into the water. While I was able to get it back onto land, the problem of not resetting the location becomes apparent: there is seemingly no way to get this fucking orb up that hill since you are constantly forced to climb. Running far out of view of the orb doesn't reset it. Sitting by the fire overnight doesn't reset it. Apparently dying resets the whole island but I had cleared everything (including killing the Hinox) and didn't want to do it over again. Then of course a Blood Moon happens and respawns everything.

Being super stubborn, and after 1.5 hours, I finally managed to get that fucking orb to the top and complete the trial. Near the Hinox, there is a very specific pattern you can take up the hill without having to climb, but it doesn't get you to very top, it gets you JUST short. When you're there, you run up the last part and right before you slip, you throw the orb up, and it just barely hangs on the lip of the hill. Then, you need to immediately run to the top and grab the orb before it tumbles back down the hill.

Uh
    I remember there being a path up on both of those hills.

• Options
    Well, personally I've thrown away more weapons than I've broken in the last twenty hours or so, but I also spend way more time clambering around than fighting.

I did fall into a decent sized encampment on accident yesterday, and it felt like some scene out of a movie: Link lands in the middle, and a bunch of Bokoblins, a Moblin, and a couple of Lizalfos spring up and ring him in, jumping and jeering.

Link shrugs, and readies his fire and ice greatswords.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Mass Effect is tomorrow.

not to split toooo many hairs with you (especially since I don't like the weapon system that much either), but you do have an unlimited amount of bombs, you can pick up arrows from your missed shots and enemies missed shots, and you can perfect parry or sneak strike which are one hit kills for a lot of enemies!

I don't much care for the durability system, but there are loads of ways to either bypass that system or mitigate it

I appreciate the advice and suggestions, but with Mass Effect tomorrow. I'm just done.

There's no point forcing myself to play a game that I don't enjoy when another one is on the horizon.

Or I could just play Horizon because I enjoy it more than BotW.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Weapons don't last for shit. I've given up trying to hold onto stuff. Sure later stuff lasts a little longer but don't go thinking you're going to form a lasting attachment to anything.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    I feel like there has to be some trick to this one.
    I practically got a hole in one a couple of times and the ball continued merrily onward and out, so unless you need a direct hit I don't think you can just hit it "right."

If you could put ice blocks behind the thing somehow... or do ice arrows create a flat platform? Maybe you could create a runway.

Actually you are thinking of a different shrine I think.
    SniperGuy is talking about the shrine where you controller a hammer and hit the ball with it. You're thinking of the shrine you hit the ball yourself. I ended up looking up the answer to the shrine you are talking about because I didn't even realize how weapons interact during stasis.

No I'm talking about the one where you hit the ball yourself.

Oh okay then! Guess I misunderstood your post.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can't seem to perfect parry or do the slow motion dodge with any kind of repeatability.

I understand why the weapons break and it makes some sense as a mechanism in an open world game. I do think there are some better ways to do basically the same thing to keep you from becoming unstoppable early on that are way less annoying. In order of my preference:

1. Leveling based on # of enemy kills.
    2. Leveling base on number of hearts/stamina.
    3. Have enemies destroy your weapons when you get hit by them. Fire enemies burn wood weapons. Ice enemies cause steel to shatter. That way a player is only punished for mistakes rather than being punished for simply playing the game.
    4. Link cooks and eats a lot of food in the game. Insert outhouses near the cooking pots. Whenever Link cooks, nature calls, and he inconveniently drops a random weapon down the hole. He is not about to go down there and retrieve it, so it is forever lost. If you think this sounds absolutely absurd, it totally is, but makes more sense than weapon durability. I know someone who served in the military that had to climb into an outhouse to retrieve a sidearm, so it can happen.
    5. During a blood moon, Ganon magically steals all of your weapons.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    How food effect levels work in cooking is still weird to me. You're supposed use more of the same effect to increase the level but it seems that some ingredients will always give you a low level effect no matter how many you use. There might be ingredient type tiers when it comes to getting things like level 3 defense or level 2 cold resist.

• Options
    Also, I absolutely LOVE what they did with Eventide Island and that one dark forest place (not the Lost Woods). Two of my favorite experiences in a game already brimming with great stuff.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

Uh
    I remember there being a path up on both of those hills.
    Where? I circled around that hill and didn't a find a way, it's all climbing. This is the hill directly behind the Hinox where the last orb is.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    There's people who don't make lobbing bombs a mainstream combat tactic? I see a group of enemies clustered together I'm whipping out the bomb and starting with a pre-emptive hello. Especially if I can angle them off a cliff.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

2)

•••

●●●

omg

This isn't the only way. I picked up the ball and moved it to the side to get a better angle and did it with just a hammer.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    There's people who don't make lobbing bombs a mainstream combat tactic? I see a group of enemies clustered together I'm whipping out the bomb and starting with a pre-emptive hello. Especially if I can angle them off a cliff.

the best is when you're far enough away that they can't see you. You can keep lobbing them and they can't do anything but drop their precious horns, fangs, and arrows!

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    I can't seem to perfect parry or do the slow motion dodge with any kind of repeatability.

I understand why the weapons break and it makes some sense as a mechanism in an open world game. I do think there are some better ways to do basically the same thing to keep you from becoming unstoppable early on that are way less annoying. In order of my preference:

3. Have enemies destroy your weapons when you get hit by them. Fire enemies burn wood weapons. Ice enemies cause steel to shatter. That way a player is only punished for mistakes rather than being punished for simply playing the game.
    4. Link cooks and eats a lot of food in the game. Insert outhouses near the cooking pots. Whenever Link cooks, nature calls, and he inconveniently drops a random weapon down the hole. He is not about to go down there and retrieve it, so it is forever lost. If you think this sounds absolutely absurd, it totally is, but makes more sense than weapon durability. I know someone who served in the military that had to climb into an outhouse to retrieve a sidearm, so it can happen.

Leveling? Like...Link levels up? No thanks. I mean, BotW is very unZelda-like in many ways, but that's a bridge too far for me!

I appreciate the advice and suggestions, but with Mass Effect tomorrow. I'm just done.

There's no point forcing myself to play a game that I don't enjoy when another one is on the horizon.

Or I could just play Horizon because I enjoy it more than BotW.

Yes...that's the epitome of choice. Why would you hang on to playing something you aren't enjoying? Of course, you're wrong, but go play whatever you like. Hehe :P Seriously...I can't fathom how someone doesn't like the game, but everyone has their own opinion. I happen to love the weapon durability feature, though I can understand why it's frustrating. My wife isn't a fan, for example. But I love collecting new stuff and using all the various things the game throws my way or invites me to seek out.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    After a point bombs didn't seem to do enough damage to seem worth it. Even the upgraded versions. Any enemies they were effective against weren't worth fighting in the first place.

The durability system basically incentivised not fighting. I'm not stopping to fight every monster I see because unless they drop something of worth or are directly in the path of my current objective, then why piss away the limited swings I have?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

The durability system basically incentivised not fighting. I'm not stopping to fight every monster I see because unless they drop something of worth or are directly in the path of my current objective, then why piss away the limited swings I have?

I run away from most enemies. Most of the chest are full of crap anyway, so why bother? The "dungeons" are basically empty, so it may be possible to go through the game without breaking much of anything.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    [spoilered for space]

1 and 2 take away the ability to find more powerful stuff as an early surprise, unless you have a mix of permanent and temporary weapons. 3 and 4 are, I think, based on a fairly fundamental disagreement: weapons breaking isn't any more a punishment than using up arrows, or ammo in other games. They're a resource that you gain and lose. 5 is of course perfect.

I think the least impactful change would be some hybrid system where you have permanent weapons that break and need to be repaired in addition to temporary ones, but at that point you're getting really close to just re-visiting spawn points and picking up a fresh copy and the difference is largely mental.

I just think back to Wind Waker and how infrequently I used the weapons the enemies dropped there and I dunno.

• Options
    From what I understand, the more of a certain enemy you kill
    the more harder versions of that enemy will show up

Bombs aren't great for damage, but they are great for crowd control or knocking enemies off a cliff. One of my favorite things is the third whack or whatever with a two hander that sends enemies flying down a mountain.

So far I have completed:
    All 4 dungeons, gotten every memory even the last one, and the master sword. I stumbled into the final boss fight poking around the castle and was quickly destroyed so will definitely be coming back to that at a later date after I do more shrines. I'm only at 60 or so completed right now!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

You can Stasis launch the orb you know. That's how I got the one to the island in the southwest corner. I'm sure there's probably some place you can use to launch it up the hill

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited March 2017

1 and 2 take away the ability to find more powerful stuff as an early surprise

I just think back to Wind Waker and how infrequently I used the weapons the enemies dropped there and I dunno.

I would gladly give up the early surprise not to have to deal with the weapons durability nonsense.

I used enemy weapons in Wind Waker frequently. I liked that my standard sword didn't break though. If I could at least use my fists or something in this game, it would be better than nothing.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Durability,
    If I could change one thing it would be to the master sword. Instead of being unusable once it runs out of power, just give it an attack penalty. Drop it down to the attack power of a traveler's or soldier's sword until it recharges, maybe extend the cooldown as well.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Leveling? Like...Link levels up? No thanks. I mean, BotW is very unZelda-like in many ways, but that's a bridge too far for me!

Due to the lack of dungeons, I don't really consider this a true Zelda game. It is more of a mountain climbing and paragliding simulator with occasional battles. I really do enjoy those aspects of the game and I believe it is fun and stands on its own. I didn't really enjoy it at all until I stopped playing it like I played OOT, LttP, WW, TP, etc.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's weird, I usually get so annoyed with durability systems. But I don't really mind it here, because the game throws so many weapons and alternate kill methods at you. It forces you to be flexible sure, but once I bent I found myself having a great time.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I would sacrifice the weapon durability system in a heartbeat if it meant more people could enjoy the game.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Durability,
    If I could change one thing it would be to the master sword. Instead of being unusable once it runs out of power, just give it an attack penalty. Drop it down to the attack power of a traveler's or soldier's sword until it recharges, maybe extend the cooldown as well.
    I could see design issues with that. Like, how do you indicate your sword is "shitty" now? What if someone doesn't notice the message flash up? Suddenly it just feels bad to use the sword and you might not know why. Also makes it so people don't want to use anything but the Master Sword, even while it's bad, which is less fun too

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I would sacrifice the weapon durability system in a heartbeat if it meant more people could enjoy the game.

If they created a cheat code that got rid of durability, I would bet that 90% of the defenders of the durability system would use it every single time.

I would 2x enjoy the game even if it meant I couldn't see the ending because I cheated.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Durability,
    I could see design issues with that. Like, how do you indicate your sword is "shitty" now? What if someone doesn't notice the message flash up? Suddenly it just feels bad to use the sword and you might not know why. Also makes it so people don't want to use anything but the Master Sword, even while it's bad, which is less fun too
    Maybe like master sword has 3 stages. Rusted, normal, glowing. Like if you keep being shitty with it and not use it exclusively for banishing darkness it'll eventually go down to rusted and have pitiful attack power, maybe make it as good as a tree branch.

• Options
    Never!

But yeah, I'd be fine with something different; I just think that the existing system is not, like, objectively bad or anything, and has some unique benefits to it. It's just a personal preference thing as to how people value stuff.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

You can Stasis launch the orb you know. That's how I got the one to the island in the southwest corner. I'm sure there's probably some place you can use to launch it up the hill
    Orbs float, you can just toss them into the water and Cryronis them back into reach.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah, the durability doesn't bother me overmuch, it feels more like an ammo system.

I just wish you could save more weapons with special effects, for a rainy day. I'd like to be able to keep some elemental weapons in reserve, but slots are pretty scarce unless you're good at sussing out Koroks, which I'm rather not. I like to keep tools on hand for multiple kinds of fights, but the starting slots felt really claustrophobic - things like, keeping a shock weapon on hand can be a lifesaver when you're being mobbed (and also can save you wasting durability on your weapons, since a single poke with a shock spear will make most enemies drop their weapon, which you can then immediately pick up and beat them to death with). But yeah, overall I don't have a huge problem with the system. Just wish you got more slots to flex at the beginning.

Steam ID: Right here.