Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I want to rig up my house roughly like that OoT guy

But I would probably not have it ocarina activated

....on the other hand, that feels more excellent and if I ever had kids I'd never have to figure out how to get it to not respond to them if I didn't want it

Either that, or your kids will be musical geniuses with ocarinas. Either way works out I think.

I mean the other way is to either tune it very carefully to my or Querry's voice or have some changing code you have to input to have it listen to you.

The latter would be baller because then you'd have to be all "Computer, lock all exterior doors, authorization 8-alpha"

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    i bought Mass Effect Andromeda because i have more money than sense and i'm sure it will be fine

it will definitely not be as ludicrous a decision as buying FFXV, which anyone who knows me could have (and did) tell me I wouldn't like

I'm hoping the general reactions to the game past the initial hours turn out better, or they patch it or something. I could go for some space adventure on alien planets with a neat story. If the story is not great, then I'm out.

You can bet that game will be $20 and patched by Christmas time.

yeah and have $100 of DLC

ME2 and 3 were pretty much Freemium games in their pricing model. They could give away the base game but there is never a sale on the DLC

I do agree but, funnily enough, I just checked and all the Mass Effect DLC is half off for XBOX right now.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i got an xbone for destiny, and chat interest petered out soon after i got it. now i keep it for the occasional sports game or waiting for a new destiny/halo for chat to glom onto.

You don't say.

yeah, aside from League of Legends I have never seen chat really stick with anything for a long time.

I make my own fun in games, and play with a different crew most of the time.
    Overwatch?

yeah, fair enough.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i got an xbone for destiny, and chat interest petered out soon after i got it. now i keep it for the occasional sports game or waiting for a new destiny/halo for chat to glom onto.

You don't say.

yeah, aside from League of Legends I have never seen chat really stick with anything for a long time.

i've been trying to collect gamertags/steam names from people at work. i am jelly of people who have multiple groups so they can weather the storm of chat ADHD.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    We're a fickle lot.

Not everyone; some of us remain faithful and constant acolytes of the moba gods.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

You don't say.

In all fairness, there was a consistent L4D group for a few months involving myself, Dyna, nexus, gooey, and others.

Other than that, my direct experience was a [chat] WoW guild that didn't make it out of the starting zone.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod

You don't say.

Overwatch?

yeah, fair enough.
    Those are the only two that I can think of, though. LoL and Overwatch.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2017

You don't say.

In all fairness, there was a consistent L4D group for a few months involving myself, Dyna, nexus, gooey, and others.

Other than that, my direct experience was a [chat] WoW guild that didn't make it out of the starting zone.

Dankey ran a pretty great vanilla Minecraft server with a massive world for a few months; that was fun

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    whats the new destiny update??? i dont know if i have the energy to log on again

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    The only moba I ever felt the need to potentially be a loyal player of was Dawngate, but then EA happened...

[insert foaming at the mouth rage imgur here]

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    one thing i'll say about destiny tho is man, i totally get loot now. i didn't play much borderlands (for reasons i'm bitter AF about towards chat, fuck you guys lel) and i never played diablo or path of exile or whatever. but playing destiny i would occasionally get a good drop and i was like I UNDERSTAND MMOs NOW, OH GOD INJECT IT IN MY VEINS

Organichu on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

You don't say.

Overwatch?

yeah, fair enough.
    Those are the only two that I can think of, though. LoL and Overwatch.

Hearthstone!

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Oh speaking of being a moba acolyte, I finally dumped some more money into my account and bought the Dragon Sorceress Zyra skin because I am scum

...look, all of her other skins are bad* so I wasn't even using one despite the lvl 7 mastery/60+% winrate situation I had going on, so like...it was necessary.

*ok, Haunted Zyra is not bad but I don't like the theme

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait

are you tellin' me Castle was shittin on a game?

Castle!?

Mr. likes everything?
    compared to you ludious everyone, likes everything.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I still play Destiny. It helps that I play with multiple groups that jump in and out, so there are always people to play with.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have destiny on PS4 and my buddy who also got it didn't like it after like 5 missions and stopped playing it. And boy that game isn't fun solo.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

You don't say.

Yeah I have an actual not chat crew for playing multi player bro box games, because Chat is fickle and mostly east coast.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I have to admit, Stan Lee's cameo in Ultron makes me laugh.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    eggshellsheor

• Options
    I will totally buy Halo if they ever put out that Master Chief Collection thing on PC though. I'd love to co-op through that with Waffles. But not enough to buy an xbone.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I am legit so excited for ME:A tomorrow duders.

Like I needs it in my body.

Also my lower back hurts a lot and I want to die.

I don't wanna be sitting in a chair at work any more it hurts so much please send halp.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    elki was part of our legendary 5 man full clear + aksis challenge run

I haven't looked it up to confirm or anything but im pretty sure no one has ever done that in the history of destiny

edit: weren't you also part of our 4 man kings fall run?

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Destiny has always sounded like the game I've been wanting. Something with raid content from an MMO, but drop in multiplayer like Diablo 3. In an FPS. At least, that's the impression I've been getting.

So, of course it's not on PC, but it sounds like Destiny 2 will be? Here's hoping.
    It's a nice enough game, but I found it to be underwhelming, even with multiple expansions. There's too little to do in the closed gameplay loop that they provided (even with expansions). Near the end, I was just doing a weekly raid and then maybe some Iron Banner if that event rolled around.

It's good and polished for what it is, but I guess I've been spoiled on other actual MMOs that seem to have almost endless content. It's certainly way better now than it was at launch, and I played a TON of it at launch.
    'course, the next update is gonna bring back ALL the raids along with bringing back some other old content and adding some new incentive structures to incentives engaging in some underutilized parts of the sandbox, so I think there'll be a lot more variety soon.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I have destiny on PS4 and my buddy who also got it didn't like it after like 5 missions and stopped playing it. And boy that game isn't fun solo.

More of the game should've been stuff like Court of Oryx. High potential for spontaneous grouping. Also full open party story mode.

Really, they should've just accepted the fact that they were making a console MMO and incorporated all the advances in grouping for content that the genre has come up with over time instead of reinventing the wheel (Or, more precisely, deciding that they don't need no stinking wheels)

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    i have a nice big tv (with an xbone attach) and i almost never use it. this is embarrassing but even tv and movies i generally watch on my phone or my 24" computer monitor in my bedroom. i even have an appletv and serving software so i can watch all the content i have on my TV. i just never do.

then i watched some british bake off on the tv last night and i was like, oh. yes. this is uh. this is way better.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I don't wanna be sitting in a chair at work any more it hurts so much please send halp.

My body is ready!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Destiny is the first co-op game where I got to hear people have complete meltdowns at both strangers and friends because of strats. That's how you know it's good.

I know one person who became estranged from his brother in law because of one raid gone quite sideways. I got unfriended in the fallout. I think they got to have a talk mediated by dude's wife, months later, to work it out.

GOTD.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

i saw your pet snapchat and i was like

there is a name i have not heard in some time

• Options
    edited March 2017

More of the game should've been stuff like Court of Oryx. High potential for spontaneous grouping.

The lack of ability to queue up for stuff was astonishing. Either bring a full group or do it solo. Oh, you need a group? Too bad go make friends. But not like, here. There's no chat system.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    i have a nice big tv (with an xbone attach) and i almost never use it. this is embarrassing but even tv and movies i generally watch on my phone or my 24" computer monitor in my bedroom. i even have an appletv and serving software so i can watch all the content i have on my TV. i just never do.

then i watched some british bake off on the tv last night and i was like, oh. yes. this is uh. this is way better.

Oh gosh chubert.

I hate watching things on my phone.

Like even a youtube video. It makes me so angry. That tiny stupid little screen. I can't imagine actually watching a show on it.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Tweet with a picture of a spider in it. Sorry!

In the comey hearing she used an analogy featuring a tarantula and a web.
    She corrected her mistake ASAP.
    Do you see that everyfuckingbody else that can't just like..apologize when you fuck up and double down?

Oh she was also shot 5 times while escaping the jonestown massacre and waited 22 hours for help so fuck you, you sackless GOP traitors wringing your hands about leaks instead of traitors in the whitehouse

have you bled for this country

Rep. Seier has and she still managed to fucking ask hardball questions of Comey AND apologize to Tarantulas all in the same day

GO FUCK YOURSELF FOREVER, NUNES, I HOPE YOU GET SPACE HERPES

Ludious on
  • Options

Yeah, I love technology and I will watch the occasional youtube clip on my iPhone... or use the iPad Pro 12" to watch a show while I soak in the tub...

But any serious business stuff I watch on the HEUG TEEVEE because 75" is the fucking light and the way

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

You're doing this to hurt me. I know it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Now a beefeater at the base of a brutalist premier inn

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

I have a big TV in our downstairs with all the consoles hooked up to it. During the winter, I will unplug one console at a time, bring it up to the office, and hook it up to the TV in there. It's fucking cold downstairs. I also need to have the PS3 near my PC for recording stuffs.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Wait wait wait

are you tellin' me Castle was shittin on a game?

Castle!?

Mr. likes everything?
    compared to you ludious everyone, likes everything.

not true. I'm just really good at hating very specific things. By and large I'm easy going on most everything.

• Options
    i bought Mass Effect Andromeda because i have more money than sense and i'm sure it will be fine

it will definitely not be as ludicrous a decision as buying FFXV, which anyone who knows me could have (and did) tell me I wouldn't like

I almost bought it once and then ran back a loop in my head of everyone who says it's good. The conclusions were clear.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i don't understand the youtube style where you cut repeatedly mid sentence
    are these people incapable of actually stringing together a sentence coherently in one try

@P10

Your average Youtube-subscribing kid gets bored if the camera is not spazzing between cuts

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

You're doing this to hurt me. I know it.

i put the whole season of great british bake off on my phone before pax. i'll watch a few episodes on the plane, i said.

then i found myself sitting in my bed when i got home, 3 feet from my computer and 20 feet from my tv, watching entire episodes on my 4.7" phone screen

This discussion has been closed.