Options

RIP Heath Ledger

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hembot wrote: »
    So some guy who makes more money in 6 months than you will in your entire life cashes out on life abandoning his two year old daughter. If he wasn't in a few movies everyone would be saying "This is a sad, hideous and weak person" and move along with thier life.

The only person who there should be sympathy for is his daughter. Have you guys read this crap? Half the people writing about him have only seen him on film. IMO there should be a billboard in Hollywood with a picture of his corpse surrounded by pills that says "Fame can't buy you everything, and it may destroy everything."

Didn't you know? Movie stars are more important people than the rest of the world and thus they deserve more sympathy than others.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So some guy who makes more money in 6 months than you will in your entire life cashes out on life abandoning his two year old daughter. If he wasn't in a few movies everyone would be saying "This is a sad, hideous and weak person" and move along with thier life.

The only person who there should be sympathy for is his daughter. Have you guys read this crap? Half the people writing about him have only seen him on film. IMO there should be a billboard in Hollywood with a picture of his corpse surrounded by pills that says "Fame can't buy you everything, and it may destroy everything."

wait, so what makes you think it was suicide?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Uh.. for all you "olol heath is dum and kild himself" people... pretty much all signs in the investigation have pointed away from suicide. As it stands now, it looks like an accidental overdose of prescription meds because he apparently had ridiculous insomnia.

So kindly shut the fuck up.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    PlutocracyPlutocracy regular
    edited January 2008
    Despite my protest at an actor's euthenasia experiment gone as planned drawing so much sympathy, I think that antagonizing his funeral is a little over the top.

Pointing out there is no concrete reason to view a celebrity's death as any more tragic than an average persons does not endow you with the moral superiority to justifiably make light of another persons death. I'm sure his daughter appreciates you calling her father a suitable candidate for euthanasia.

Plutocracy on
    They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Check out this Australian interview with someone from the Westboro Baptist Church, re: Heath Ledger.

My favorite part?
    WBC: "I can read!"
    Interviewer: "That surprises me."

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    This thread has served to remind me that people are a bunch of fucking retards, still. Of course it's mostly people that I've never seen post here before so I assume they're from dark corners of the internet but still.

Satan. on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man, if anything about this Heath Ledger tragedy has taught me it's this:

Never ever ever EVER read tmz.com.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008

So I guess you were in the know about all aspects of his life, and are therefore suited to judge him?

Riiiight.

Medopine on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Check out this Australian interview with someone from the Westboro Baptist Church, re: Heath Ledger.

My favorite part?

Oddly, this took me from angry back to sad again. Just a sick, sad person.

I was also a little disappointed that the interviewer wasn't prepared with any biblical rebuttals, which seem like they'd be a lot more fun than simply demeaning her. You know, any of the several passages implying that judgment is God's alone, and not ours. Not that you'll persuade anybody that crazy, but still.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    slowroll wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    So it's clear playing Joker killed Heath ledger.

His friends said they saw his death coming, he himself foreshadowed his own death in some statements, and in an interview he even said if he died could be at peace because he knows he can live on in his daughter or something.

Killed him.
    yeah it definitely had nothing to do with his substance abuse lol

Substance abuse, the fuck? You even read the news reports recently on the probably cause of his death or does gross over generalization just come naturally to you?
    are you this naive
    like really?
    you don't think taking depressants, snorting coke, abusing heroin and all that other wonderful stuff doesn't affect your heart
    have you seen an interview of him recently
    or not even recently
    like from 3 years ago? he was a mess
    So, how did you gain insider knowledge of Heath's life without anyone else finding out? He was clean of illicit shit like that. No, I don't think the skunk cannabis killed him.

Satan. on
  • Options
    HembotHembot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

So I guess you were in the know about all aspects of his life, and are therefore suited to judge him?

Riiiight.

Since no evidence solidly claims otherwise I find it hypocritical for others to judge him as a wonderful person who as I have read in the many articles only knew him on film.

So yes, I retain and excercise my right to judge him as I see fit.

"An autopsy Wednesday morning was inconclusive, and a cause-of-death determination will take 10 to 14 days, a medical examiner's spokeswoman said."

Hembot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Riiiight.

Since no evidence solidly claims otherwise I find it hypocritical for others to judge him as a wonderful person who as I have read in the many articles only knew him on film.

"An autopsy Wednesday morning was inconclusive, and a cause-of-death determination will take 10 to 14 days, a medical examiner's spokeswoman said."
    Do you really think the initial tox screen wouldn't show coke, heroin or others? Those are insanely easy to spot. Shit, there are field tests for half of that.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

who says he's a wonderful person? it's sad when someone dies, and you're automatically assuming he's a coke-ridden heroin addict who killed himself, simply because he's a celebrity. you're doing the exact same thing as those who fetishize actors, just with hate and contempt instead of love and adoration. neither one is deserved just for being famous.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Riiiight.

Wait it's hypocritical for OTHERS to judge him but not for YOU to judge him??

Again I ask, what do you know that we don't? Do you know more about him than just what you've seen on film?

Medopine on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Riiiight.

Again I ask, what do you know that we don't? Do you know more about him than just what you've seen on film?

Where's the SA forums Psyduck emoticon when you need him? D:

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I'd like to see a link to these interviews that suggest he had a drug problem. Specifically the heroin and coke problem.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

who says he's a wonderful person? it's sad when someone dies, and you're automatically assuming he's a coke-ridden heroin addict who killed himself, simply because he's a celebrity. you're doing the exact same thing as those who fetishize actors, just with hate and contempt instead of love and adoration. neither one is deserved just for being famous.

You morons are confusing me with the guy who said he did illegal drugs. I never said he did.

Cause of death: A few extra pills to help him sleep - accidental
    Cause of death: He chugged the bottle - suicide

My only protest over this Medopine, is that it's all over the news like it's a huge issue.

Also, my apologies. What I meant was that it is hypocritcal for others to judge him as a wonderful person, and that I should not to be able to despite our equivalent knowledge/contact of the person. In other words "So I guess you were in the know about all aspects of his life, and are therefore suited to judge him?" is a hypocritical statement if you are attacking me but not taking into account those who state the opposite despite not being "in the know about all aspects of his life".

Hembot on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

You morons are confusing me with the guy who said he did illegal drugs. I never said he did.

My only protest over this Medopine, is that it's all over the news like it's a huge issue.

Also, my apologies. What I meant was that it is hypocritcal for others to judge him as a wonderful person, and that I should not to be able to despite our equivalent knowledge/contact of the person. In other words "So I guess you were in the know about all aspects of his life, and are therefore suited to judge him?" is a hypocritical statement if you are attacking me but not taking into account those who state the opposite despite not being "in the know about all aspects of his life".

I'm glad to see it's wrong to think the best of people until proven otherwise... good to know.

I guess that provides good justification for living your life like a humongous cock-tard.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Other people are judging him based on what they know from his performances, his interviews, and what was reported in the news about his life (he had a little daughter, was into method acting, going through a breakup with Michelle Williams).

You're judging him based on something you can't possibly know - that he "cashed out on life abandoning his two year old daughter."

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sentry wrote: »

I'm glad to see it's wrong to think the best of people until proven otherwise... good to know.

I guess that provides good justification for living your life like a humongous cock-tard.

Seeing as the worst hasn't been proven otherwise I don't see it fit to overly laud his greatness like a cock-chugging sycophant.

Hembot on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Seeing as the worst hasn't been proven otherwise I don't see it fit to overly laud his greatness like a cock-chugging sycophant.

Ah, so complimenting someones acting ability and taking note that friends and family say he was a loving, devoted father is overly lauding someones greatness now? Wow... what a cynical fucked up world view you seem to have.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Ah, so complimenting someones acting ability and taking note that friends and family say he was a loving, devoted father is overly lauding someones greatness now? Wow... what a cynical fucked up world view you seem to have.

As in my original post a lot of the people who said he was "a wonderful person" and not "a wonderful actor" say they've only seen him in movies.

Hembot on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Seriously Hembot, what makes you think he's a bad person? Or at least not a good person?

What do you know about him besides what you've seen of him in movies?

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Its sad to see Heath go like that. Whats even worse is the evil that now prepares to decend upon his tombstone.

Warning: this may raise your blood pressure.
    http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/01/heath_ledger_dead_and_why_it_m.php

You're about 24 hours late with that link.

Satan. on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I joined a Facebook group dedicated to Heath just to show support, and there's some douche in there trashing him, calling him a 'fag' and shit.

I hate you, internet.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »

My favorite part?

Oddly, this took me from angry back to sad again. Just a sick, sad person.

I was also a little disappointed that the interviewer wasn't prepared with any biblical rebuttals, which seem like they'd be a lot more fun than simply demeaning her. You know, any of the several passages implying that judgment is God's alone, and not ours. Not that you'll persuade anybody that crazy, but still.

I'm telling you. That shit doesn't work with them. They've got their own interpretation of the bible that they believe is the one true and right interpretation. You can't argue the bible with them. Its been tried. They'll take every passage you throw at them and twist it to work for them. Its their mutant ability.

Demeaning Shirley Roper does not work either because eerily she's got this air about her that she knows she's right and you're going to hell and god hates you and whatnot. You get no satisfaction out of it.

Seriously, normal people must say nothing. Or mock in silence. They can't stand either forms of protest against them. Standing with them with a "God Hates Figs" sign and pretending your supposed to be there is one of the best ideas I've heard for protesting them.

Getting you to say something to them is their goal. It validates them. Silence is their most hated form of retaliation.

Sucks that the media is validating them by saying they're going to protest Heath Ledger's funeral. They probably wouldn't have if everyone just ignored them.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sad as this was I'm really tired of the media coverage at this point. They say nothing new. They just keep dredging up the same footage over and over and over.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Derrick wrote: »
    Sad as this was I'm really tired of the media coverage at this point. They say nothing new. They just keep dredging up the same footage over and over and over.

Uhh welcome to American media?

And Slapnuts: That's the mutant ability of the bible itself I believe. It's filled with so many contradictions but held as the word of god so every contradiction overpowers the logic of the fact it is a contradiction.

I'll take back what I've said about Ledger if they prove Olsen had him assassinated. Actually I'll just take it back now in high hopes I can inflate my ego with "I told you so's!!!". Sorry Heath!

Hembot on
  • Options
    slowrollslowroll __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008

His friends said they saw his death coming, he himself foreshadowed his own death in some statements, and in an interview he even said if he died could be at peace because he knows he can live on in his daughter or something.

Killed him.

Substance abuse, the fuck? You even read the news reports recently on the probably cause of his death or does gross over generalization just come naturally to you?
    are you this naive
    like really?
    you don't think taking depressants, snorting coke, abusing heroin and all that other wonderful stuff doesn't affect your heart
    or not even recently
    So, how did you gain insider knowledge of Heath's life without anyone else finding out? He was clean of illicit shit like that. No, I don't think the skunk cannabis killed him.
    ok, best bud of heath ledger, i'll take your word for it
    can't wait to see the autopsy report in a couple of weeks

slowroll on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Killed him.

are you this naive
    like really?
    or not even recently

Or you could do some research now and find that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hembot and John Gibson: Two peas in a pod.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    slowrollslowroll __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Narian wrote: »

Killed him.

are you this naive
    like really?
    or not even recently

Or you could do some research now and find that you have no clue what you're talking about.
    i did research it. initial tox screen is clean, but autopsy inconclusive
    several articles cite friends that acknowledge heath had substance abuse problems
    many day time interviews cite him as drunk, fidgety, uncommunicative, etc. could be symptoms of sleep deprivation but we're not doctors
    maybe we should wait 2 weeks for the actual report :P

slowroll on
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Why so serious?

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Why so serious?

Wow, really? That just happened huh?

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Meanwhile...
    Godhatesfags_heath_ledger.jpg

Glyph on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I feel it should be legal to beat those people into debilitating injuries... as an act of free speech.

I don't think anything could express my feelings on the matter better.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I like this:
    memorial.jpg

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ten Things I Hate About Myself

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options