As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Exalted: Silver Seas. We're recruiting!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    404 wrote: »
    Damn Powerslave and Fiaryn for tipping me off to this. I didn't want to get sucked in again, but...

Got a couple concepts I'm kicking around, but it'll take a day or two to get Scion God/Cthulhutech/Dark Heresy out of my head and get a proper character made.

With eight Celestial Exalted running around, I'm pretty leery about adding a 9th. There'll just be too much raw POWER.

I mean you guys will probably have taken over the entire Western Compass in about five sessions.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    404404 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Damn, didn't know there was THAT much interest.

No pressure then, I just have the sudden itch to throw a character together again. Especially since my last game fell apart after like 2 sessions.

404 on
    Getter404.png
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I mean Coral will probably have taken over the entire Western Compass in about five sessions.

Fixed that for you.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I mean Coral will probably have taken over the entire Western Compass in about five sessions.

Fixed that for you.

Not if Proto Puma Prime gets unleashed on Coral first.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Forget Proto Puma Prime, just have a copy of the Broken Winged Crane land on his head.

404 on
    Getter404.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    How about some Thousand-Forged Dragons and the Five-Metal Shrike?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Now that's just silly.
    Just call in Arad the Hunter or something.

404 on
    Getter404.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    *cough* In all seriousness we do sort of have an overflow of people and it might be time to crunch it down.

Basically what I'm saying is that if anyone doesn't want to play, dropping out would be greatly appreciated because otherwise I'm just going to roll a couple of D8s and knock two of you guys out of the game at random. I've been trying to think of actual threats that aren't plain silly(see above mentions of Proto Puma Prime and Thousand-Forged Dragons and the Five-Metal Shrike) and I'm coming up against a brick wall unless I throw 2000xp characters against you.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    D:D:D:

I just ordered the core books from Amazon yesterday. I don't want to be RNG'd.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Me neither. Please don't boot us, Rainfall!

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Anyways, here's the character sheet basically finalized. Dropped the charms in medicine.

Name: Mnemon Gemini
    Concept: Astrological Thaumaturge turned Solar
    Caste: Twilight
    Motivation: Gemini is on a quest of introspection in a search for meaning, and is living life one day at a time
    Anima: Twin helixes of rainbow energy currents ring Gemini, and his clothing ripples and glows, as though blowing in a divine wind. His eyes turn black, and within them one can see the reflection of the heavenly stars in the night sky, no matter the time of day.

Attributes:
    Strength: 2 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 3
    Charisma: 2 | Manipulation: 2 | Appearance: 3
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 5 | Wits: 3

Abilities:

Martial Arts 1 | +War 1 | Athletics 1 | +Awareness 5 | +Dodge 4
    Larceny 1 | +Stealth 4 | Bureaucracy 1 | +Sail 3 |
    Investigation 2 | Lore 3 | Medicine 3 | Occult 5

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (Moonsilver Breastplate - Soak:6L/4B Hardness:2L/2B, Attune:2 : 1
    Artifact (Dragon Tear Tiara - +1 die to perception pool, 3 dies to Astrology, 3 dies to Geomancy, detect spirits, 3 dies to all tasks requiring occult sensibility) : 2
    Resources (His Ship): 3
    Followers (The Ship's Crew): 1

Virtues:
    Compassion: 3
    Temperance: 3
    Conviction: 1
    Valor: 2
    Virtue Flaw: Guilt

Willpower: 6
    Essence: 3
    Personal Essence: 15/15
    Peripheral Essence: 36/36

Specialties: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy
    Linguistics: High Realm, Old Realm

Charms:

Terrestrial Circle Sorcery

Spirit Detecting Glance

All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight

Easily Overlooked Presence Method - 3m, One Scene, - All Awareness and Investigation checks against my character fail unless he's joined in battle or the observer has a minimum 2-die bonus from circumstances

Invisible Statue Spirit - 5m, vanishes from sight and becomes impossible to detect except with touch, breaks upon movement or joining combat.

Shadow over Water - 1m, instant, reflexive - ignore all dodge DV penalties, dodge is still 0 in undodgeable attack, but no further penalties are taken.

Seven Shadows Evasion - 3m, instant, reflexive - perfect dodge, cannot dodge unexpected attacks.
    Flaw: Compassion

Suprise Anticipation Method - 1m, Reflexive, all awareness roles to immediate mortal danger succeed, in all conditions and at all times.

Calling the Wind's Kiss - 10 m +2 motes per additional hour (Maximum: +20), Terrestrial - Sailing vessel - Fills a target ship’s sails with a powerful wind sufficient to drive it forward at its maximum speed without Sacrificing handling or safety, and also ignoring currents or small storms.

Thunder Wolf's Howl - 10 m, Terrestrial - 20 yards in diameter, up to 100 yards away, shock smashes fragile object, pulps internal organs, cannot be parried or dodged, ignores armor, Caster rolls (Occult + Intellegence) to inflict bashing damage (Essences + Successes), inanimate objects and the undead receive half damage, all living creatures in effect are deafened and disoriented, (-2 on all actions for 5 ticks/success on casting roll) all exalted or essence wielders may attempt reflexive roll (stamina + resistance) to reduce disorientation by 5 ticks/success.

Background:
    Born an unexalted bastard child as a consequence of an short-lived romance between a member of House Mnemon and House Ledaal, both families were equally embarrassed and decided to hush up any scandal by fostering the baby off to a professor who owed them a favor at the House of the Heavenly Guided Path. There, it was discovered that some strange talent must have manifested itself in his bloodline, for in his youth he mastered the art of Astrological Thaumaturgy, at first besting students years of study ahead of him, and soon afterwards succeeding where many of the professors would fail - performing greater divinations and even gaining some minor control over the direction of the winds.

When war broke out between the Realm and the Haslanti League, he was conscripted when the military found out about his abilities with divination, and assigned to a squad with five of the best archers, swordsmen, and sappers pulled from the ranks. Covert missions become downright simple, once you know beforehand which guards will fall asleep, which patrol routes will be taken, and when your arrows wound never be blown off course. His squad quickly became a sort of family for Gemini, a replacement for the brothers he had never had.

However, one fateful night six years into the campaign during a covert mission in one of the nine cities, they were ambushed by the one thing that could not be predicted - A Lunar mercenary who had been tracking the unit for the past few months. Just as Gemini willed every ounce of his energy into an attempt to shift the air currents in some futile move of desperation to throw off the Lunar's aim and balance, a great and uncontrollable power filled him, and instead of the expected short gust of wind, the air around him rapidly compressed and exploded around him in a massive shockwave that crushed the life out of the Lunar, as well as levelling the city and pulpifying any living mortals, including his comrades, leaving an empty and flattened circle of earth where a city once was, with only the Lunar's Moonsilver Breastplate and a strange glimmering tiara once hidden somewhere in the urban jungle surviving the blast.

Distraught at having caused the death of the only family he had ever known, Gemini fled the scene of the disaster and headed west, where he purchased a ship with all of his military savings. Calling it the Constellation, he passed the next three years sailing the trade routes, a skill that came naturally to him, being already grossly proficient in the reading of star-charts, in addition to his newfound power of control over the wind.

Physical Description:
    Gemini is a medium-height twenty-something, and although being in the military kept him in a fit condition, he didn't seem to bulk up in the least, and almost can be described as spindly. His brown hair seems permanently in disarray, like he had just come indoors from a storm, and his dark eyes seem even darker, with deep rings around them, from long stretches of time divining without sleep.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Anyways, here's the character sheet basically finalized. Dropped the charms in medicine.

Motivation: Gemini is on a quest of introspection in a search for meaning, and is living life one day at a time
    Anima: Twin helixes of rainbow energy currents ring Gemini, and his clothing ripples and glows, as though blowing in a divine wind.

Attributes:

Abilities:

Melee 1 | War 2 | Athletics 1 | Awareness 1 | Dodge 4
    Larceny 1 | Stealth 4 | Bureaucracy 1 | Sail 4 |
    Investigation 3 | Lore 3 | Medicine 4 | Occult 5

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (Moonsilver Breastplate taken off a dead Lunar): 3

Virtues:

Charms:

Easily Overlooked Presence Method - 3m, One Scene, - All Awareness and Investigation checks against my character fail unless he's joined in battle or the observer has a minimum 2-die bonus from circumstances

Invisible Statue Spirit - 5m, vanishes from sight and becomes impossible to detect except with touch, breaks upon movement or joining combat.

Shadow over Water - 1m, instant, reflexive - ignore all dodge DV penalties, dodge is still 0 in undodgeable attack, but no further penalties are taken.

Seven Shadows Evasion - 3m, instant, reflexive - perfect dodge, cannot dodge unexpected attacks.

Suprise Anticipation Method - 1m, Reflexive, all awareness roles to immediate mortal danger succeed, in all conditions and at all times.

Calling the Wind's Kiss - 10 m +2 motes per additional hour (Maximum: +20), Terrestrial - Sailing vessel - Fills a target ship’s sails with a powerful wind sufficient to drive it forward at its maximum speed without Sacrificing handling or safety, and also ignoring currents or small storms.

Thunder Wolf's Howl - 10 m, Terrestrial - 20 yards in diameter, up to 100 yards away, shock smashes fragile object, pulps internal organs, cannot be parried or dodged, ignores armor, Caster rolls (Occult + Intellegence) to inflict bashing damage (Essences + Successes), inanimate objects and the undead receive half damage, all living creatures in effect are deafened and disoriented, (-2 on all actions for 5 ticks/success on casting roll) all exalted or essence wielders may attempt reflexive roll (stamina + resistance) to reduce disorientation by 5 ticks/success.

Background:
    Born an unexalted bastard child as a consequence of an short-lived romance between a member of House Mnemon and House Ledaal, both families were equally embarrassed and decided to hush up any scandal by fostering the baby off to a professor who owed them a favor at the House of the Heavenly Guided Path. There, it was discovered that some strange talent must have manifested itself in his bloodline, for in his youth he mastered the art of Astrological Thaumaturgy, at first besting students years of study ahead of him, and soon afterwards succeeding where many of the professors would fail - performing greater divinations and even gaining some minor control over the direction of the winds.

When war broke out between the Realm and the Haslanti League, he was conscripted when the military found out about his abilities with divination, and assigned to a squad with five of the best archers, swordsmen, and sappers pulled from the ranks. Covert missions become downright simple, once you know beforehand which guards will fall asleep, which patrol routes will be taken, and when your arrows wound never be blown off course. His squad quickly became a sort of family for Gemini, a replacement for the brothers he had never had.

However, one fateful night six years into the campaign during a covert mission in one of the nine cities, they were ambushed by the one thing that could not be predicted - A Lunar mercenary who had been tracking the unit for the past few months. Just as Gemini willed every ounce of his energy into an attempt to shift the air currents in some futile move of desperation to throw off the Lunar's aim and balance, a great and uncontrollable power filled him, and instead of the expected short gust of wind, the air around him rapidly compressed and exploded around him in a massive shockwave that crushed the life out of the Lunar, as well as levelling the city and pulpifying any living mortals, including his comrades, leaving only the Lunar's Moonsilver gear.

Distraught at having caused the death of the only family he had ever known, Gemini fled the scene of the disaster and headed west, where he purchased a ship with all of his military savings. Calling it the Constellation, he passed the next three years sailing the trade routes, a skill that came naturally to him, being already grossly proficient in the reading of star-charts, in addition to his newfound power of control over the wind.

Physical Description:
    Gemini is a medium-height twenty-something, and although being in the military kept him in a fit condition, he didn't seem to bulk up in the least, and almost can be described as spindly. His brown hair seems permanently in disarray, like he had just come indoors from a storm, and his dark eyes seem even darker, with deep rings around them, from long stretches of time divining without sleep.

That's 8 charms, you get to pick two more. Also, pick a Flaw of Invulnerability for SSE.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sorry, my internet crashed on my while updating, that sheet's totally wrong, but it should be fixed now.

The two that were missing (now updated) were Spirit-Detecting Glance and All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, and I'm still choosing between Compassion and Temperance, though leaning towards compassion.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm too young to die! Too young!

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    There seems to be a lot of interest in the other thread as well. If someone else is also interested in DM'ing, why not get another 3 or 4 players and have two different games. INNS, Reynolds, and 404 seem like they would want to play too, even if they couldn't do it on the same day.

Why don't you guys go badger Thanatos until he runs a game. He seems knowledgeable enough about the system.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yes indeed! If an alternate game gets running then I won't feel quite so bad about cutting any of you guys out.

Now, I gotta go dig out my d8s!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Roll those d8s. I'd really like to play but Plut deserves it more. Roll with the caveat that if you get Plutonium just drop me instead. I'll die on two numbers.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Anaximander D:

First a crazy crippled alcoholic psychic doctor, now a septuplet tribal god-touched dance-fighter. You always make the best characters.

(by the way, what was your intended name, if you would have won the coin flip?)

2#d8 is how you would do it with the IRC bots.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Anaximander D:

First a crazy crippled alcoholic psychic doctor, now a septuplet tribal god-touched dance-fighter. You always make the best characters.

Thanks! I'm sure Root will live on in some other game if he gets dropped.

The post said:
    Anthrax!

please.

Or your tails option because anything is better than this.

I got heads so he took it literally. Quite fun.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Anaximander D:

2#d8 is how you would do it with the IRC bots.

Pff, I would never use IRC bots when given a chance to use my amazingly cute mini-d8s.
    They are so cute. Squeee!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Besides, those IRC bots are an evil advanced AI designed to make you fail the most important rolls at the wrong times.

Of all the dice I lose, it seems that I've run out of d10's the fastest.

I think it was probably Munchkin that did it. Those little decahedrons are so useful for keeping track of who needs to get duck-of-doomed.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The rolling is nigh! Sky falling imminent! EVERYBODY PANIC!

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There seems to be a lot of interest in the other thread as well. If someone else is also interested in DM'ing, why not get another 3 or 4 players and have two different games. INNS, Reynolds, and 404 seem like they would want to play too, even if they couldn't do it on the same day.

Why don't you guys go badger Thanatos until he runs a game. He seems knowledgeable enough about the system.
    I am one of the shittiest GMs ever. I'm a good player, I'm good at understanding the mechanics and helping someone else GM (even if I'm playing in the game; sometimes drives my fellow players nuts), but I'm really shitty at coming up with interesting stories.

If four or five of you guys want to get together and create an "Exalted players looking for GM" thread, though, you can go ahead and do it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Anima: Twin helixes of rainbow energy currents ring Gemini, and his clothing ripples and glows, as though blowing in a divine wind. His eyes turn black, and within them one can see the reflection of the heavenly stars in the night sky, no matter the time of day.

Attributes:

Abilities:

Backgrounds:
    Artifact (Dragon Tear Tiara - +1 die to perception pool, 3 dies to Astrology, 3 dies to Geomancy, detect spirits, 3 dies to all tasks requiring occult sensibility) : 2

Virtues:

Charms:

Spirit Detecting Glance

Background:

However, one fateful night six years into the campaign during a covert mission in one of the nine cities, they were ambushed by the one thing that could not be predicted - A Lunar mercenary who had been tracking the unit for the past few months. Just as Gemini willed every ounce of his energy into an attempt to shift the air currents in some futile move of desperation to throw off the Lunar's aim and balance, a great and uncontrollable power filled him, and instead of the expected short gust of wind, the air around him rapidly compressed and exploded around him in a massive shockwave that crushed the life out of the Lunar, as well as levelling the city and pulpifying any living mortals, including his comrades, leaving an empty and flattened circle of earth where a city once was, with only the Lunar's Moonsilver Breastplate and a strange glimmering tiara once hidden somewhere in the urban jungle surviving the blast.

Physical Description:
    By my count, you've got two more bonus points to spend. Where I you, I'd try to pull an extra point from somewhere, and buy a point of one of my two highest virtues (virtue=Willpower, essence pool, virtue channeling, plus more, depending on which virtue). You need the Willpower, and at character creation, that's the best way to get it. I would also suggest you reconsider Dodge and Stealth as favored abilities. Do you think you're going to be buying any more charms from either tree? Yeah, you might want to buy that last dot in them, or a specialty in dodge, but you're only talking about saving a couple of XP, then. Do you think you might be much more likely to buy charms/raise the scores of, say, Martial Arts, Larceny, or Bureaucracy? I'm also going to suggest Integrity as a good favored ability. You're not much of a Social Combatant, and that would really, really help prevent you from being turned into someone's meat puppet (the extra point of virtue would help a little with that, too, especially when put in Temperance, and combined with the Elusive Dream Defense Integrity tree).

A couple of quick mechanical notes: the Dragon's Tear Tiara is basically going to apply to all of your All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight rolls (I thought you'd like that thing; it seemed to fit your character perfectly). You should very seriously consider spending your first couple sessions' worth of experience buying an Awareness Excellency, then comboing the Awareness Excellency, Seven-Shadows Evasion, Surprise Anticipation Method, and Invisible Statue Spirit. If you're not going to have combat skills, the ability to say "oh, hey, surprise attack? Yeah, I notice it, I get out of the way, I disappear, and, if I feel like it, I go first" is going to be invaluable.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Attributes:

Abilities:

Backgrounds:

Virtues:

Specialties: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy: 3

Charms:

Spirit Detecting Glance

Background:

Physical Description:
    By my count, you've got two more bonus points to spend. Where I you, I'd try to pull an extra point from somewhere, and buy a point of one of my two highest virtues (virtue=Willpower, essence pool, virtue channeling, plus more, depending on which virtue). You need the Willpower, and at character creation, that's the best way to get it. I would also suggest you reconsider Dodge and Stealth as favored abilities. Do you think you're going to be buying any more charms from either tree? Yeah, you might want to buy that last dot in them, or a specialty in dodge, but you're only talking about saving a couple of XP, then. Do you think you might be much more likely to buy charms/raise the scores of, say, Martial Arts, Larceny, or Bureaucracy? I'm also going to suggest Integrity as a good favored ability. You're not much of a Social Combatant, and that would really, really help prevent you from being turned into someone's meat puppet (the extra point of virtue would help a little with that, too, especially when put in Temperance, and combined with the Elusive Dream Defense Integrity tree).

A couple of quick mechanical notes: the Dragon's Tear Tiara is basically going to apply to all of your All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight rolls (I thought you'd like that thing; it seemed to fit your character perfectly). You should very seriously consider spending your first couple sessions' worth of experience buying an Awareness Excellency, then comboing the Awareness Excellency, Seven-Shadows Evasion, Surprise Anticipation Method, and Invisible Statue Spirit. If you're not going to have combat skills, the ability to say "oh, hey, surprise attack? Yeah, I notice it, I get out of the way, I disappear, and, if I feel like it, I go first" is going to be invaluable.

Hmm, I must have made a mistake on the transcription, because Anathema says I've spent all my points.

Edit: I have three points in Specialty: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy.

That's a good point about dodge and stealth. I'll see what I can do.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Three is the maximum number of dots possible for Specialties, right?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeppers.

Oh, for those curious about the roll...

I rolled a 7 three times. That was Anaximander. He's sort of... gone, according to the will of the dice. (yes, these dice are properly weighted, I test ALL my dice.)

Finally, I rolled an eight. KrataLightblade is also gone.

...which means that RNG killed off your Eclipse and one of two Twilights. Huzzah? I really do apologize, but I think you guys should make the push to get out there and play a game with another GM. It's worth the effort.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hmm, I must have made a mistake on the transcription, because Anathema says I've spent all my points.

Edit: I have three points in Specialty: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy. In addition, both dodge and stealth are favored abilities already, along with War, Awareness, and Sail.
    Yeah, you're right, I forgot about the specialty. Which means you've got a dot in a specialty in a favored ability somewhere else coming to you.

Yeah, I know Dodge and Stealth are favored, which is why I was suggesting you reconsider them. :P

You may also want to consider whether or not you'll be picking up any more Awareness Charms (or more than one). You want your favored abilities to be the things you'll be buying the most charms for with experience; you don't want them to be things you've already gone as far as you're going to go in, since all being favored does is make it cheaper to buy dots, Charms, and Specialties.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Three is the maximum number of dots possible for Specialties, right?
    Three is the maximum possible number of dots in specialties with any single ability. Which is to say you can have up to one three-dot specialty, one two-dot specialty and one one-dot specialty, or three one-dot specialties for any one ability.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Edit: I have three points in Specialty: Occult - Astrological Thaumaturgy. In addition, both dodge and stealth are favored abilities already, along with War, Awareness, and Sail.
    Yeah, you're right, I forgot about the specialty. Which means you've got a dot in a specialty in a favored ability somewhere else coming to you.

Yeah, I know Dodge and Stealth are favored, which is why I was suggesting you reconsider them. :P

You may also want to consider whether or not you'll be picking up any more Awareness Charms (or more than one). You want your favored abilities to be the things you'll be buying the most charms for with experience; you don't want them to be things you've already gone as far as you're going to go in, since all being favored does is make it cheaper to buy dots, Charms, and Specialties.

Upon reconsideration, if I were to remove favored status from the stats that I'm sinking a lot of points in early, I won't be able to realize the concept I had in mind without dropping my willpower even lower. My bonus points are just spread very thinly as it is. What I can do is drop War as a favored ability and basically stick that anywhere else. Any suggestions as to where that could be, perhaps athletics, larceny, bureaucracy, or martial arts.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    This thread BUCKLES beneath the weight of our crushing enthusiasm. Seriously. Eleven pages. Dizamn.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Upon reconsideration, if I were to remove favored status from the stats that I'm sinking a lot of points in early, I won't be able to realize the concept I had in mind without dropping my willpower even lower. What I can do is drop War as a favored ability and basically stick that anywhere else. Any suggestions as to where that could be?
    I'd drop the third point in the specialty. You'll still be one of the greatest mortal astrologers in all of Creation, and it'll get you a bonus point so you can swap that Dodge favored ability for something else.

I would suggest Integrity and/or Martial Arts as favored abilities. Eventually, I think you'll find you want to be a Martial Artist.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ok, dropped the third point in the specialty, dropped the dodged as favored, and made Martial Arts favored.

After all, got to leave a little room to grow.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ok, dropped the third point in the specialty, dropped the dodged as favored, and made Martial Arts favored.

I think your Dawn Caste will probably have War covered. You should probably switch that to something social, since so far, the only favored Social Combat ability you have is Investigation.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I think your Dawn Caste will probably have War covered. You should probably switch that to something social, since so far, the only favored Social Combat ability you have is Investigation.

If I drop favored in war, I could make Bureaucracy favored, and if I drop the favored and the single point in war, I could put them both into Integrity.

I like the single point in war for background reasons though, considering the character was a soldier for a while, so I'm going to keep the point, and make Bureaucracy favored instead. After all, he is a Realm Brat.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

If I drop favored in war, I could make Bureaucracy favored, and if I drop the favored and the single point in war, I could put them both into Integrity.

I like the single point in war for background reasons though, considering the character was a soldier for a while, so I'm going to keep the point, and make Bureaucracy favored instead. After all, he is a Realm Brat.
    It's worth noting that most footsoldiers probably don't have any War. It's mostly for officers. But that's perfectly valid.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Newly revised sheet:
    Name: Nemani Sote Concept: Barbarian Protector
    Caste: Casteless (and dancing fairly close to Chimera territory)
    Motivation: Nemani is determined to protect the western seas.
    Anima: Dependent on the phase of the Moon
    Spirit Shape: Crab
    Tell: Nemani's skin is covered with large patches of red pigment, mimicking the segmented shell of a crab.

Attributes:
    Strength (F): 5 | Dexterity: 3 | Stamina (F): 5
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 3 | Wits: 3
    Charisma: 3 | Manipulation: 1 | Appearance: 3

Abilities:
    Martial Arts (F) 3 | Resistance 3 | Survival (F) 2 |
    Integrity 3 | Athletics 2 | Dodge 2 | Presence 2 |
    Awareness 2 | Sail 1 | Occult 2 | Lore 1 | Craft (Wood) 2 |

Backgrounds:
    Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket)
    Soak: +7L/10B | Hardness: 5L/5B | Mobility: -0 | Fatigue: 0 | Attune: 3 |

Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Razor Claws)
    Speed: 5 | Accuracy: +6 | Damage: +5L | Defense: +4 | Rate: 3 | Attune: 6 |

Heart's Blood 1
    Rat, Seagull, Shark

Influence (Winds Rest) 2

Virtues:
    Compassion: 4
    Conviction: 2
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: The Curse of the Mother Hen

Willpower: 7
    Essence: 2
    Personal Essence: 16/16
    Peripheral Essence: 38/38

Wyld Mutations:

Large (+1 Strength and Stamina, one extra -0 Health level)

Specialties:

Tiger Claw (Martial Arts)

Knacks:

Deadly Beastman Transformation (Armored Hide: 4B/4L soak, +4 dice to Survival; Gills)

Charms:

Second Stamina Excellency (Add automatic successes to a die roll. 2m/success.)

Ox Body Technique (Four extra -2 Health Levels.)

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation

Relentless Lunar Fury (Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect.)

Western Mastery Technique (Breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish.)

Bruise-Relief Method (Heal one level of bashing damage/mote. Commit 2 motes when using Deadly Beastman Transformation in order to regenerate one level of bashing damage reflexively each action.)

Hide-Toughening Essence (1 mote per 2/B 2/L Soak)

Armor-Forming Technique (3B/3L/1A Soak per mote.)

Second Strength Excellency

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Damn. That Large mutation makes a big difference. Interesting also in that it mechanically speaking over-rides the no mixing DBT with Large.

Clever girl.

(Noted for future characters)

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I am one of the shittiest GMs ever. I'm a good player, I'm good at understanding the mechanics and helping someone else GM (even if I'm playing in the game; sometimes drives my fellow players nuts), but I'm really shitty at coming up with interesting stories.

If four or five of you guys want to get together and create an "Exalted players looking for GM" thread, though, you can go ahead and do it.
    I've considered trying to run a game, but as we've seen I don't know nearly enough about the system or the setting.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Newly revised sheet:
    Name: Nemani Sote Concept: Barbarian Protector
    Caste: Casteless (and dancing fairly close to Chimera territory)
    Motivation: Nemani is determined to protect the western seas.
    Anima: Dependent on the phase of the Moon
    Spirit Shape: Crab
    Tell: Nemani's skin is covered with large patches of red pigment, mimicking the segmented shell of a crab.

Attributes:
    Strength (F): 5 | Dexterity: 3 | Stamina (F): 5
    Perception: 3 | Intelligence: 3 | Wits: 3
    Charisma: 3 | Manipulation: 1 | Appearance: 3

Abilities:
    Martial Arts 3 | Resistance (F) 3 | Survival (F) 2 |
    Integrity 3 | Athletics 2 | Dodge 2 | Presence 2 |
    Awareness 2 | Sail 1 | Occult 2 | Lore 1 | Craft (Wood) 2 |

Backgrounds:
    Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket)
    Soak: +7L/10B | Hardness: 5L/5B | Mobility: -0 | Fatigue: 0 | Attune: 3 |

Artifact 2 (Moonsilver Razor Claws)
    Speed: 5 | Accuracy: +6 | Damage: +5L | Defense: +4 | Rate: 3 | Attune: 6 |

Heart's Blood 1
    Rat, Seagull, Shark

Influence (Winds Rest) 2

Virtues:
    Compassion: 4
    Conviction: 2
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 3
    Virtue Flaw: The Curse of the Mother Hen

Willpower: 7
    Essence: 2
    Personal Essence: 16/16
    Peripheral Essence: 38/38

Wyld Mutations:

Large (+1 Strength and Stamina, one extra -0 Health level)

Specialties:

Tiger Claw (Martial Arts)

Knacks:

Deadly Beastman Transformation (Armored Hide: 4B/4L soak, +4 dice to Survival; Gills)

Charms:

Second Stamina Excellency (Add automatic successes to a die roll. 2m/success.)

Ox Body Technique (Four extra -2 Health Levels.)

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation

Relentless Lunar Fury (Add one success to all combat related rolls, ignore -1 wound penalties, and may activate any Fury-OK Charm effects at the same time as Relentless Lunar Fury for 2 extra motes per effect.)

Western Mastery Technique (Breathe at any depth of water, may not be harmed by venoms of creatures of the sea or by schools of dangerous fish.)

Bruise-Relief Method (Heal one level of bashing damage/mote. Commit 2 motes when using Deadly Beastman Transformation in order to regenerate one level of bashing damage reflexively each action.)

Hide-Toughening Essence (1 mote per 2/B 2/L Soak)

Armor-Forming Technique (3B/3L/1A Soak per mote.)

Second Strength Excellency
    You should really have Martial Arts be favored.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.