Options

Ikariam: Go to the new thread, don't post here.

• Options
    KarennaKarenna Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zarcath wrote: »
    I have an expansion on one of our sulfur islands (25,21), "Boob Villa"

I really need marble and crystal. If you can ship some to my expansion colony, I can provide grapes or sulfur at 1:1 ratio.

I can ship some crystal tonight from my capital...I just ran out since I upgraded my academy to L10.
    Bad news is that it's an 8 hour trip, so let me know in-game how much you'd need before around 10pm EST.

Otherwise, welcome to the sulfur island! Only us PA folks appear to want to donate to the mill and pit, but we'll whip them into shape soon!

Karenna on
    389eb5ab62e67d83.png
  • Options
    KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    200 marble from an incoming fleet on the guy who I blockaded. It was worth the time and money invested.

He had this to say:
    my allien will destroy you!ha ha ha ha!

He has yet to explain what he meant by this.

oh, he's sending 24 dudes to attack me. With any luck my wall, phalanxes, cook and slingers shall hold him off. I have only the slightest doubts.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    BrueBrue Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Colonizing the wine island on PArc, also sent an allegiance message.

Brue on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ha ha whoops.

Totally pissed off Union.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone know what to do with the negative ship bug? I'm not currently doing anything, but at -246 ships. I need to ship some marble between my colonies to keep on building :(

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Wait it out.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seriously. Union and Kai are both mad at me now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BrueBrue Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seriously. Union and Kai are both mad at me now.

Too much wanging methinks.

Brue on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We don't know you Zen!

----

Also: is there a way to give feedback on Ikariam in a clean and proper way? Or some sort of list of features that will be in the final build. I have some ideas but I don't want to waste them on deaf ears. :(

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hey, you assholes said you wanted some conflict. I GOT YOU CONFLICT

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Maybe the fact that they are pissed at you is related to the fact that you are a bear who is also a pedophile.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    They don't know that part. They might blockade my port 10x over if they knew that.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Okay, I'm giving this a shot.

area @ 17:66 / Myrmidon / Wine

area on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    They don't know that part. They might deny me access to my beloved young children if they knew that.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I wish you could take slaves back with you.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That would be awesome. It has so many possibilities, too.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We probably need to write a list of alliances we have/ or are in the processes of alienating.

I sent off a small blockade force as a warning this morning - I meant to recall it before it landed as it was too small to do anything but i forgot as was busy and the poor thing was smashed. Which kind of ruins the threat.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Wow. This guy got his ass handed to him. I only lost 1 phalanx -- he lost 90% of the troops he sent against me. And even if he had managed to win, I had nothing lootable. I almost feel sorry for him.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow. This guy got his ass handed to him. I only lost 1 phalanx -- he lost 90% of the troops he sent against me. And even if he had managed to win, I had nothing lootable. I almost feel sorry for him.

Did you respond by raiding him again? :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    skarsol wrote: »

Did you respond by raiding him again? :)

He actually agreed to my terms of donating half of his daily income of wood to the resources and only raiding who I told him to, when I told him to. I'm not sure how I want to handle this. On one hand, it would be nice to know I don't have to worry about him sending troops my way when I'm raiding one of the other, better defended deadbeats on the island. On the other hand, he is a douchebag and he deserves nothing less than total subjugation.

edit: What was it that Lord Tywin said? "If you don't help people back to their feet, no one will kneel to you in the first place." Something along those lines, anyway.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm at 10:92 and have what appears to be a level 8 inactive. I am set to pillage his ass to the ground, but if I die I plan to restart and hopefully get a better starting spot.

Win/Win by the way I look at it.

Veevee on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damn, I got hit by the negative ship bug.

Fortunately, all of my cities have enough wine to last several days.

At least this allows for all of my usual targets to get their twenty-four hour reprieve between pillagings.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Damnable negative ship bug. I've found some cheap marble. This region never has cheap marble.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    CycloptichornCycloptichorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »
    At 11:99 youll now find the grand village of Polis Masa, bravely founding a mining town to get that marble out there.

Norgoth@11:99/Polis Masa/Marble

I have a colony on both of your islands. Lemme know if we need to get together to smash stuff up, or if you need some extra resources.

Cycloptichorn on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »
    At 11:99 youll now find the grand village of Polis Masa, bravely founding a mining town to get that marble out there.

Norgoth@11:99/Polis Masa/Marble

I have a colony on both of your islands. Lemme know if we need to get together to smash stuff up, or if you need some extra resources.

Maybe I could keep my 10:95 island if we got a group right here...

Veevee on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, this is driving me nuts. Is there really no way to ship units between cities? Like 90% of my military is at my current capital.

Also, if you're shipping material from one city to another, does it mess things up if you disband the source city before they arrive? I need to give my colony a bit more time to develop before I switch, need a bigger warehouse and an embassy at least, but it'll save me time if I don't have to wait for the final shipment to arrive.

Scooter on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm gonna have to get in on this Ikariam business. It looks awesome.

Beware, for soon Mecha Stalin shall become an ancient greek leader! Or something.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    CycloptichornCycloptichorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm at 18:86, and I don't think I really have anyone of you within a decent distance. Is there a cluster somewhere I should aim for when I start colonizing?

There are a few of us at 10 and 11:99, which is not too far away. Let me know if you need anything!

Cycloptichorn on
  • Options
    focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just started last week. I must have ticked someone off with my little plundering expeditions. He sent me a threatening message and one of his friends has been sailing for 24+ hours to come attack me. In that time I've built up a sizable suprise for him and moved most my warehouse down to my colony.

40:19 / Desu / Sulfar
    43:20 / DesuDesu / Wine

focused7 on
  • Options
    MithMith Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Man, this is driving me nuts. Is there really no way to ship units between cities? Like 90% of my military is at my current capital.

Also, if you're shipping material from one city to another, does it mess things up if you disband the source city before they arrive? I need to give my colony a bit more time to develop before I switch, need a bigger warehouse and an embassy at least, but it'll save me time if I don't have to wait for the final shipment to arrive.

The game won't let you disband a city while it's the source of a shipment in progress.

I'm not going to go back and check the last dozen pages to see if someone's debunked this: doesn't "deploy units" also let you move units between your cities' garrisons? I've never used that, but moving a couple ships with "deploy fleets" worked fine.

Mith on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, you need to go to the island of your colony, then use the dropdown to select your capital, then you can deploy troops, if your barracks on the colony is able to handle them (L1 for slingers, L4 for phalanxes)

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Hmm, to build a ballista ship or not to build a ballista ship. :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Haha, man, it'll cost me almost 20k to move my military. Fortunately I have 33k I'm not doing anything with at the moment.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Paradiso @ / 24:21 / Great Wyk / Wine

Hooray for new colonies and the inevitable raiding, burning, and plundering my people bring with them. However, I will say that having your capital 15 hours away is a might bit annoying. And given that it's a capital with so much time invested in it, disbanding and moving it is quite unattractive.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    At least they do let you move almost everything over. Time's not entirely lost since I do have the research and resources to show for it. Mostly what I'm losing is the people, which my colony can't fit anyways, and some resources that I should be able to make up for pretty quickly, especially now that I'm on a colony with level 8 fields instead of 3.

And now that I understand how Action Points work it's doubly important that I'm not tying up 2 fleets for 15 hours a day.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Yeah, you need to go to the island of your colony, then use the dropdown to select your capital, then you can deploy troops, if your barracks on the colony is able to handle them (L1 for slingers, L4 for phalanxes)

To receive troops from another colony the barracks does not have to be of the appropriate level. I had phalanx and swordsmen moved to my level 1 barracks on one of my colonies without a problem.

Baidol on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So wait.

Is there a way to send colonists from one city to another?

Because that sure would have been nice to know a week ago.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited April 2008
    No, you cannot send people, only troops.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Someone in the irc chan the other day was theorizing that you could send troops over and then fire them, getting colonists back. However, I'm not sure firing them does return full citizen value, and even if it does, even a Ballista ship is only a bit more than an hours worth of growth, not worth the cost of transport probably.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Current trade ships: -250/5.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.