As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hussein in the Membrane

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    oh boy

Hold me?

Marathon on
  • Options
    DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Hunter wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Yes the states-rights position has been held by such bigots as John Kerry and Al Gore.
    Shh. Adults are talking.
    Oh sorry, toolbot, I forgot that it's only a bigoted opinion if held by the right.
    Because it's generally only held by the right so that they can be bigoted.
    It was held by the last two people your party put up for President.
    Did they also vote to prevent it in their states? As you say...cite please.
    But I never said that.

But it's part of the original statement that started this whole line of comments. You said "Al Gore and John Kerry too" to the statement about John McCain. John McCain was against a federal bill for gay marriage and a state specific law. He's against it.

Is Al Gore and John Kerry against it as a state specific law? If not, then no...the last 2 guys the Dems put up for president do not share the same platform for gay marriage that Senator Cryptkeeper does.

I said they all hold a states-rights position on gay marriage, that is, the issue should be decided by the individual states. That's a true statement.

The fact that they do or do not support gay marriage in their individual states is a different issue. It's all there in the quote tree bro, sorry.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    uhoh disagreement on the basis of being contrary sighted on the horizon

incoming internet insults for not holding the same view

duck and cover

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I like this thread.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    oh boy

Hold me?

can't

no states rights

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    435435 [E] Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    435 wrote: »
    he has a duty to represent his constituents and their wishes

Like anyone in politics really acts in the best interest of their people.

It's all about the PARTY.

if nothing else can be said about mccain is that he has routinely given the finger to his party

it's their biggest contention with him

Well, yes. And granted, that's what I used to like about him.

But then he started towing the Bush line, which was also giving the finger to his party.

435 on
    catsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What you mean is that Democrats support states' rights so that they can allow gay marriage and legalize relatively harmless recreational substances in their states, whereas Republicans support states' rights so that they can dictate to women what they're going to do with their bodies, and make sure the darkies don't get too uppity.

Yes, I can see how that's exactly the same thing. This is totally a valid comparison.

Mods can someone ban this troll please.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "states rights" is abused and used as a shield for some people to push their racist/sexist/ist agenda, but civil rights can be misused in the same way

one is not inherently more virtuous than the other

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes the states-rights position has been held by such bigots as John Kerry and Al Gore.
    Shh. Adults are talking.
    Oh sorry, toolbot, I forgot that it's only a bigoted opinion if held by the right.
    Because it's generally only held by the right so that they can be bigoted.
    It was held by the last two people your party put up for President.
    Did they also vote to prevent it in their states? As you say...cite please.
    But I never said that.

But it's part of the original statement that started this whole line of comments. You said "Al Gore and John Kerry too" to the statement about John McCain. John McCain was against a federal bill for gay marriage and a state specific law. He's against it.

Is Al Gore and John Kerry against it as a state specific law? If not, then no...the last 2 guys the Dems put up for president do not share the same platform for gay marriage that Senator Cryptkeeper does.

I said they all hold a states-rights position on gay marriage, that is, the issue should be decided by the individual states. That's a true statement.

The fact that they do or do not support gay marriage in their individual states is a different issue. It's all there in the quote tree bro, sorry.
    Your initial statement implied that the reason they held the states-rights position was to be bigotted shitheads.

You seem to be very fond of arguing semantics; "I didn't say you're retarded, I said everything you've ever done, said, or believed in is retarded. Stop making up lies about me, man!"

Also you don't have an avatar; you're not a real person without an avatar.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    he has a duty to represent his constituents and their wishes

Like anyone in politics really acts in the best interest of their people.

It's all about the PARTY.

if nothing else can be said about mccain is that he has routinely given the finger to his party

it's their biggest contention with him

and thanatos you're an ultraliberal douchebag just as bad as the ultraconservative far right religious douchebag

don't you see how you're the on the opposite end of the idiot spectrum, and just as bad

Don't bullshit a bullshitter. McCain's voting record has him going 90% with party on the current session. Nobody who goes along with the party 80 to 90% of the time is a maverick who gives the finger to his party.

His career is somewhere in the 80's

He also pulls the No Vote when he doesn't want to be on the radar. That's a pussy move.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/

Hunter on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    it's a good thing mccain voted for the thing to ban waterboarding

you know, because he is so anti-torture and all

oh wait

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »
    Also you don't have an avatar; you're not a real person without an avatar.

The most truthful statement ever.

435 on
    catsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I wish we could lock thanatos in whatever shitty subforum's bridge he lives under

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What you mean is that Democrats support states' rights so that they can allow gay marriage and legalize relatively harmless recreational substances in their states, whereas Republicans support states' rights so that they can dictate to women what they're going to do with their bodies, and make sure the darkies don't get too uppity.

Yes, I can see how that's exactly the same thing. This is totally a valid comparison.

Woah woah woah. Thanatos I don't see anything here about guilt-ridden Puritanical views about sexuality being projected, hamstringing of scientific endeavors in the interest of dogmatic preconceived notions about the world, OR wastefully retributive and archaic criminal justice systems.

If you're going to pretend to be one of the RIGHT, don't omit some of our most important platforms.

Fuckin' faggot.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Your initial statement implied that the reason they held the states-rights position was to be bigotted shitheads.
    Well, either that or a cowardly political compromise, yes. Kerry said he believes marriage is defined as one man and one woman, you guys would be in a FROTHING RAGE if someone like me posted that position.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Don't bullshit a bullshitter. McCain's voting record has him going 90% with party on the current session. Nobody who goes along with the party 80 to 90% of the time is a maverick who gives the finger to his party.

Like Obama's lifetime 96%.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008

oh wait

you know interestingly enough he's on the POW/MIA association's shitlist because he opposed some bill for families of missing servicemembers

don't know the details

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, either that or a cowardly political compromise, yes. Kerry said he believes marriage is defined as one man and one woman, you guys would be in a FROTHING RAGE if someone like me posted that position.

No, you can think that all you want.

John Kerry also said he was for Civil Unions. Are you pro-Civil Unions? Is Senator McCain? Or are gays yucky to you?

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    hamstringing of scientific endeavors in the interest of dogmatic preconceived notions about the world

Leave environmental groups out of this! :x

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Not to mention that whole GI bill thing.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Nobody has claimed Obama is a maverick who flips the finger off at his party.

Hunter on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Meh?

Kerry was a panderer. That's why a lot of Democrats didn't really like him. He also voted against DOMA, which is more than I can say for most of the people on your side of the aisle.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

oh wait

you know interestingly enough he's on the POW/MIA association's shitlist because he opposed some bill for families of missing servicemembers

don't know the details

Wow.

Wow.

That just seeped a lot more of my respect out of him.

435 on
    catsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'm not a fan of the Catholic view of sexuality.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

who the fuck is claiming obama disagrees with his party a lot

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, and look at where the Republican policies have gotten us.

It's not so bad voting with your party most of the time when your party is right and the other party is wrong.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hamstringing of scientific endeavors in the interest of dogmatic preconceived notions about the world

EXPELLED: NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED

Hmm, you know, Ben Stein is a pretty good analog for Deacon

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I laughed, because you're actually right kinda. PETA and some others are guilty of what I described. Drops in the bucket compared to what conservatives have always done.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

It's not so bad voting with your party most of the time when your party is right and the other party is wrong.

oh my god

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    blah blah blah libral blah blah fashion

ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE

Sami on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

oh wait

don't know the details

Wow.

Wow.

That just seeped a lot more of my respect out of him.

I mean I'm sure he justified it somehow, but that's a bad one to let be attached to your name

He isn't the best candidate. There's lots of reasons why. Everyone has their favorites but first and foremost on my list are his potential running mates (they will make him take someone more hard-line right wing to "balance" him out in the eyes of his base ), and the fact that numerous supreme court justices are going to be appointed by the next president.

Roe v. Wade is a shoe in to be overturned if he is elected because he will attempt to appoint people who share his viewpoint on that subject.

Of course if there's still a democract controlled congress they will mire anyone he nominates in red tape but someone will eventually get appointed

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    hey at least back alley abortionists will get a bunch more business

freemarket.jpg

Fuck that, steps are free and accidents happen all the time.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Oh, right I forgot about that part.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

freemarket.jpg

bringing jobs back to america!

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Tossrock wrote: »
    EXPELLED: NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED

Hmm, you know, Ben Stein is a pretty good analog for Deacon
    Man, DeaconBlues isn't Ben Stein; DeaconBlues is Alan Keyes.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

oh my god

seriously this is amazing

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

freemarket.jpg

alternatively, American women will learn to be stronger and more self reliant

coathanger.jpg

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

freemarket.jpg

jesusland.jpg

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008

freemarket.jpg

A Case of Need by Michael Crichton

ZeroFill on
This discussion has been closed.