As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gods and Mortals [Phalla] - Game Over: Village Victory!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Seriously.

I'm right.

...I can't believe you felt the need to repost that stupid plan. On the same page, no less.
    You guys should be really fucking weary of the people attempting to grab power and off people willy-nilly within the first days. Certain baddies are trying to tip the scales to create distractions. I'm a fucking villager. Kill me if you want, but seriously, keep an eye on Werehippy and DUE.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    I would like to point out that there was no vig kill last night.

Also, I don't like the idea of the village choosing who the vig should kill. It reeks of evil tampering.
    How do you know? There were two kills, in addition to the village kill. Could have been one vigilante and one bad guy kill.

EDIT: Also, holy crap that list you made... I'm adding it to the Upcoming Games Thread's OP.
    Narration wrote:
    He fails. On his way home he nearly trips over the body of Greeper. The dead man's face is blue and there is a clear red ring around his neck. Fuzzy screams for help, and although a small crowd forms quickly, the Shrine Officials take longer to arrive.
    Snake kill.
    Narration wrote:
    When they do arrive, the Officials make quick work of Greeper’s body and haul it back to the Shrine. They were delayed, they explain, because they found the body of mtvcdm, eyeless and with his guts splayed all over the ground, just behind the Shrine.
    Raven kill.

I thought it was pretty obvious.
    Indeed. I really should read those narrations instead of just looking at the bold red names :oops:

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So if I trip over their dead bodies, I can't be the one killing them.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OK, so I'm trying to fathom roles:

The snake and the raven are presumably two seperate evil factions, allied.

The owl is the seer, one would presume.

The smith is the guardian.

The monkey is a vigilante who is on our side.

From the sign up thread:
    The trickster god is enamoured with humans and loves infuriating his fellow gods, especially the vile plans of the dark twins; he does not care if he rules but works to ensure that humans live.

The fox is a neutral player out for themselves (greedy god, shunned by others), no further details I can fathom.

The west wind can probably seer the dead, can possibly resurrect them, and is likely out for themselves as well:
    The quiet god wants to rip the barrier between the living and the dead and flood the world with the souls of the departed so he can spread his influence to the living.

The rising sun I'm unsure of, but based on the night one narration is opposed to the west wind, and probably a good guy.

By my theory there are probably six bad guys and two neutrals out for themselves. Plus I want this post recorded to see how well I read LaOs' mind at the end.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So if I trip over their dead bodies, I can't be the one killing them.
    Maybe you killed him a while before, and forgot where you left the body? Happens to me all the time.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Request for clarification: if there is a guardian and they used their power to prevent a kill, would the narration reflect that?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, I agree with Aldo and werehippy pinged my sensors as well, so:

werehippy

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, I agree with Aldo and werehippy pinged my sensors as well, so:

werehippy
    I seriously second that. !werehippy He only interjects at opportune moments.
    edit-I'm not jumping a bandwagon either, I stated my suspicions a few posts above bum.

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Request for clarification: if there is a guardian and they used their power to prevent a kill, would the narration reflect that?

I enjoy Narrations that matter. My style is to have the Narrations reflect the actions of the day.

If something happens in the day with respect to Actions, the Narration will reflect that. Sometimes the reflection is subtle, sometimes it is not. Remember, there are two aspects to the Narrations in this game.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damn. Now I really have read into the narration.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Damn. Now I really have read into the narration.

Yeah, I know, I just reread it again too.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    LaOs wrote: »

I enjoy Narrations that matter. My style is to have the Narrations reflect the actions of the day.

If something happens in the day with respect to Actions, the Narration will reflect that. Sometimes the reflection is subtle, sometimes it is not. Remember, there are two aspects to the Narrations in this game.

We don't have to read the boring parts, right? Just the bit where people die, etc?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »

We don't have to read the boring parts, right? Just the bit where people die, etc?

You are free to read or not read whatever you choose.

Are you feeling lucky?
    ...Punk?

[Edit]
    No quote, no proof.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That was an embarrassing failure to mock on the part of our narrator.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    We have seen some very interesting events around vote close: people trying to create a tie and people kicking off the next bandwagon without second thought right after. In a previous post I have connected these two events in a coherent argument against Werehippy. I don't see why we should kill FCC instead. What makes you think he is dangerous to the village?

Wait, when did this happen? I didn't even notice someone was building a case against me until I just saw two votes for myself.

I've been working the last couple days and I was busy last night, so I'd hop in the thread, catch up, and throw off what any comment that seemed relevant. So far, unless I'm forgetting something, the only position I've taken is fuzzy getting off the bandwagon yesterday is the most suspicious thing I've seen so far.

I'm not at all sure he's a baddy, but as far as I can tell he's more likely than trying to wade through the noise from all the vote switching at the last minute or taking a pot shot into the crowd at random.

edit: Wait, what the hell? I'm guilty because I tried to cause a tie? I'm the one who was arguing AGAINST all the switching to make a tie, and I went to fuzzy when he was still leading by two to shore up the vote count there.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ya, i havent really seen a good case against werehippy yet.

could one of his voters (enlightenedebum, aldo, fcc) please elaborate?

and werehippy if you're evil could you just fess up so i dont look like im defending you

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, no clear, well-defined lynch mob yet, huh?

I'm a little suspicious of Stew_Stick, but not enough to vote for him. It seems like the best way to "prove" to everyone that you're a good guy is to claim you're part of a now-defunct mason pair. But nobody else came out to denounce him, so who knows?

I'm not convinced that tie shenanigans were caused by the bad guys. Not on the first day, anyway.

Hmm, decisions. Day 2 is never much better than Day 1.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Red Bird wrote: »

and werehippy if you're evil could you just fess up so i dont look like im defending you

werehippy wrote: »
    See, now we're going to have to kill Fuzzy tomorrow if he survives the vote today. This sudden burst of effort to save him would be retarded but not unprecedented from the baddies. Special focus after that on the "lets get a tie" votes if nothing better turns up after that.

(Teh-Spectre says) "And werehippy is up to shennaningans (paraphrased)--"---->Refer to post 582 for the exchange.

werehippy wasn't pullin' no shennanigans; he broke the tie

Oh look, you're doing the same thing you were doing four pages ago, defending werehippy again.

Edit 2- See post #582 for clarity.

• Options
    HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, it seems like it's sort of come down to a runoff between werehippy and durax. Reading the thread over, and then basing my decision on who seems to have acted shadier, I've come to this conclusion:

!Frosteey

!durax

Hilger on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

See, now we're going to have to kill Fuzzy tomorrow if he survives the vote today. This sudden burst of effort to save him would be retarded but not unprecedented from the baddies. Special focus after that on the "lets get a tie" votes if nothing better turns up after that.

Oh look, you're doing the same thing you were doing four pages ago, defending werehippy again.

I wasn't defending him. I was pointing out a flaw in a vote count. I'm keeping track of votes, and inaccurate vote counts don't help us win.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That counts.

If anyone is looking for shenanigans I'd look on the last page where a half dozen people can out of the woodwork to pull fuzzy out of the fire.

Unless you're looking for the restaurant with all the stuff on the wall, in which case it's like 5 blocks down then make a right. You can't miss it.

Heres the rest of it.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Fuzzy, I understand you have to at least try and save yourself but that's pretty weak reasoning.

Yes, I do think it's suspicious that you managed to get a burst activity and, despite several tries by people (myself included), had a sudden swing change the vote for the entire day (though not definitive by any stretch). No, it isn't suddenly suspicious when other people see a hole in the logic that apparently has me trying to cause a tie (which I didn't) and then somehow being the most suspicious of all the people on that list (and I notice the names of the people who originally started the push to maximus when you were leading didn't even make it on the list of suspects).

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    !fcc

You accused me of evil because i possess the magical ability to count. Really? That don't make much sense to me.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around today, I was sleeping. Friend of mine needed help with her project, so I ended up pulling an all-nighter with her.

...no not that kind of all-nighter.

Anyway, what's the dealio here? I have like half an hour. From what I've read by skimming over the thread it seems like people are paying a lot of attention to Day 1 behavior that probably doesn't mean anything.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Red Bird wrote:
    alright, thanks. semi-new phalla player up ins.

sucks that they got a special on day one :x
    Okay, so here's my case. Red Bird is a baddie or bad vig, is new and does not know how to mask himself well, so he goes with the obvious (not to him) "Lol if I say everything opposite of evil, they will never suspect me."
    He is in cahoots with Werehippy, who continuously attempts to tip the scales by posting infrequently, but having each post contain strong suggestions. This is of course, entirely speculatory, but how often do people stick up for each other on day 2 without there being some sort of networking going on? If they are good, then oust themselves, if not then, uh, RED ALERT.

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyway, what's the dealio here? I have like half an hour. From what I've read by skimming over the thread it seems like people are paying a lot of attention to Day 1 behavior that probably doesn't mean anything.

ayup. edit: While FCC frantically attempts to protect his own ass (but note that I didn't vote for him, because I think he's just normal "please don't vote me off, I'm innocent" paranoid right now).

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh no. I'm perfectly content with dying tonight, as long as the people who attempt to move the masses are noticed. Those in power can be good or evil. :o

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Red Bird wrote:
    alright, thanks. semi-new phalla player up ins.

sucks that they got a special on day one :x
    Okay, so here's my case. Red Bird is a baddie or bad vig, is new and does not know how to mask himself well, so he goes with the obvious (not to him) "Lol if I say everything opposite of evil, they will never suspect me."
    He is in cahoots with Werehippy, who continuously attempts to tip the scales by posting infrequently, but having each post contain strong suggestions. This is of course, entirely speculatory, but how often do people stick up for each other on day 2 without there being some sort of networking going on? If they are good, then oust themselves, if not then, uh, RED ALERT.

Not to throw anyone under the bus, but AGAIN I had long days at work yesterday and today, and was busy last night so I didn't post much and when I did I tried to actually be useful (though I am proud of my shenanigan's quote tree) and I haven't stood up for anyone. I just think the case against me is pretty stupid.

And just because people don't agree with you trying to push me in front of the vote isn't necessarily them sticking up for me as much as disagreeing with you or aldo. We probably need to look at the late night activity yesterday, but there are better places to start than the guy who tried to hold the line against the change in targets, to the point where I'm now putting myself on the line standing by it.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuzzy, I understand you have to at least try and save yourself but that's pretty weak reasoning.

Yes, I do think it's suspicious that you managed to get a burst activity and, despite several tries by people (myself included), had a sudden swing change the vote for the entire day (though not definitive by any stretch). No, it isn't suddenly suspicious when other people see a hole in the logic that apparently has me trying to cause a tie (which I didn't) and then somehow being the most suspicious of all the people on that list (and I notice the names of the people who originally started the push to maximus when you were leading didn't even make it on the list of suspects).

The bolded portion is an argument that I have made several times in past games. And pretty much every time I make it, the person turns out innocent.

I dunno, it might be the kind of thing that makes sense in theory, but doesn't work out empirically.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Not to throw anyone under the bus, but AGAIN I had long days at work yesterday and today, and was busy last night so I didn't post much and when I did I tried to actually be useful (though I am proud of my shenanigan's quote tree) and I haven't stood up for anyone. I just think the case against me is pretty stupid.

And just because people don't agree with you trying to push me in front of the vote isn't necessarily them sticking up for me as much as disagreeing with you or aldo.
    People meaning Redbird, and only Redbird at this point.

• Options
    edited May 2008
    i never stuck up for anyone, and i challenge you to find a quote where i do.

what i did do is correct someone on their math. when did that become evidence of malice?

edit: and i later asked for more evidence. i wanted to be convinced by someone!

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can see it as a good line of thought on later days, but to try to apply it to a Day 1 bandwagon is probably not the best idea.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i never stuck up for anyone, and i challenge you to find a quote where i do.

what i did do is correct someone on their math. when did that become evidence of malice?

edit: and i later asked for more evidence. i wanted to be convinced by someone!
    Dude, I quoted like five times in the past few posts. It's pretty obvious you have at least some sort of connection with him.

• Options
    edited May 2008

The bolded portion is an argument that I have made several times in past games. And pretty much every time I make it, the person turns out innocent.

I dunno, it might be the kind of thing that makes sense in theory, but doesn't work out empirically.

I'm perfectly happy to change my vote from fuzzy, because it's predicated on the baddies either being stupid or ballsy as hell, IF someone has a better idea. I just voted before I crashed last night with the best course I could see, and I haven't seen aything better other than this half backed thing on me predicated on no one actually looking at whne I cast my vote on day 1.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    On a side note:

La0s, can we get a link to each narration from one of the first two posts?

I can find last nights easily enough, but it'll get tricky as we add more.

werehippy on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to decide my vote, as I'm off to bed.

By my counting (not always reliable) Durax has 7, Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud has 9, werehippy has 3, but I may not be right.

I'm voting TheSpectre and Werehippy, cos I've re-read stuff and think I'm right. I may just be reading too much into something, but that's what I think, for what its worth.

Night, night.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll toss a vote onto !Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud for now.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Honestly, I'm not buying the arguments against any of the front-runners today. The one against FCC was silly from the beginning, and the one against durax and werehippy, originally put forth by Aldo, is based on them trying to tie the vote last night, when in fact the opposite is true. Given that I don't have time to form an actual argument against someone, I'm going to vote Aldo for apparently supplying us with misinformation.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Evidence:
    - Last night a number of players tried to create a tie, even though the host noted that a tie would not be good for the village, for as far as I could notice the following people are guilty of this: Hilger, Werehippy, Satan., Medopine and Durax. Naturally not all of them can be bad guys, but I would not be surprised if one or more of them just tried to create confusion.

-Last night was day one, the day where we kill someone on little to no information, we picked on FCC and Maximus for no proper reason, just because one of the two of them was not a bad guy does not mean the other was. FCC did not make a bigger effort than one would expect to dodge a baseless bandwagon so I do not get the people going "hmm, he is not dead, how suspicious!" If someone thinks otherwise I urge him to properly quote some posts incriminating FCC.

I base my vote on these variables: who tried to create a tie? and who jumps on the FCC bandwagon?

That reduces my list to Werehippy and Durax. Considering Durax already has more than null votes I will hereby !vote to kill Durax[color].
    durax wrote: »
    durax wrote: »
    The OP say that ties are not in the best interest of the village, I acted to preserve the best interest of the village. If that is worth scorn, I can accept it (we don't know what the tied vote would have accomplished).

Voting for FCC for information doesn't seem dumb to me as I think there was a definite reaction to him being band wagoned, and if we learn his alignment that points to the likely alignment of those who tried to save him.

If there are better leads I am certainly willing to listen.
    We have seen some very interesting events around vote close: people trying to create a tie and people kicking off the next bandwagon without second thought right after. In a previous post I have connected these two events in a coherent argument against Werehippy. I don't see why we should kill FCC instead. What makes you think he is dangerous to the village?

Wait, when did this happen? I didn't even notice someone was building a case against me until I just saw two votes for myself.

I've been working the last couple days and I was busy last night, so I'd hop in the thread, catch up, and throw off what any comment that seemed relevant. So far, unless I'm forgetting something, the only position I've taken is fuzzy getting off the bandwagon yesterday is the most suspicious thing I've seen so far.

I'm not at all sure he's a baddy, but as far as I can tell he's more likely than trying to wade through the noise from all the vote switching at the last minute or taking a pot shot into the crowd at random.

edit: Wait, what the hell? I'm guilty because I tried to cause a tie? I'm the one who was arguing AGAINST all the switching to make a tie, and I went to fuzzy when he was still leading by two to shore up the vote count there.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think the one against Durax is for tying the vote. The one against Werehippy is for being insidious. The one against Redbird is for continuously defending Werehippy without declaration of a good alliance.

This discussion has been closed.