As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gods and Mortals [Phalla] - Game Over: Village Victory!

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Skid...

Spec specifically said he was joking, in the very post that he "called" a vig kill.

So I think I'll have to go with option b).

:lol:

Damn you spoiler tags! *shakes fist*

I should have known noone would try to kill LewieP's mum. :oops:

That could be a problem. What if she is evil. No one is going to vote for her because she's LewieP's mum. And because it is her first phalla.

Hmmmmmm...

While I do fear tube, the is a lot of temptation here... And tube doesn't read d&d, does he?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    He does.

James on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    The only potential lead I see is Fuzzy, so Fuzzy.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    So TehSpectre called a vigilante kill on LewieP's mom (brave boy!), and it turns out that she's still alive today.

So either

a) someone was protecting LewieP's mom (unless Tube has a default guard in this phalla :P)
    b) TS is lying for some reason.

I'm thinking that a) is more reasonable at this point.

What to do about this? Hard to say... TehSpectre is crafty. Normally I'd say "lets seer TS and make sure he's a good guy and lay off the votes", but I hardly know what he'd do if he was some sort of thrall (role that doesn't seer as evil but is evil).

For now, I'll just vote !FCC. Durax has immunity from my vote for the time being from saving me from that song in my head yesterday... Trying very hard not to think about which one, lest it come back and haunt me.

Edit- NOTHING TO SEE HERE- MOVE ALONG...
    Or c) TehSpectre was only kidding about the vig kill. That's how I took his comment yesterday, at least. There's really not much that was said in the thread yesterday that seemed serious.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    El Skid, I vigged your mom last night instead.
    in bed

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    !fuzzy

The idea of something randomly happening in Phalla is a strange and terrifying one

Gumpy on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll !vote fuzzy for now. I might change my mind once I've gotten some sleep.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    El Skid, I vigged your mom last night instead.
    in bed

I'll get you next time, Spectre.

NEXT TIIIIME!

El Skid on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm good with Fuzzy.

Shamus on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    After examining the events of last night, I have concluded that one of three things happened:

1.) Fuzzy is a bad guy and his saving was a result of a concentrated effort by a larger conspiracy of bad guys. If this is the case, the best action would be to off Fuzzy.

2.) Fuzzy is just a villager and his saving was the result of a coalition of bad guys attempting cast suspicion on him in order to cover their own tracks. The best action would be to let Fuzzy be and start investigating other suspicious persons.

3.) It was all just the standard Day One madness.

I'm leaning strongly toward option three, but I'll withhold my vote for a bit.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm gonna go with LP's Mum and vote !TehSpectre. El Skid also makes a good point.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    After examining the events of last night, I have concluded that one of three things happened:

1.) Fuzzy is a bad guy and his saving was a result of a concentrated effort by a larger conspiracy of bad guys. If this is the case, the best action would be to off Fuzzy.

2.) Fuzzy is just a villager and his saving was the result of a coalition of bad guys attempting cast suspicion on him in order to cover their own tracks. The best action would be to let Fuzzy be and start investigating other suspicious persons.

I'm also thinking option 3.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to go with LP's Mum and vote !TehSpectre. El Skid also makes a good point.
    Really? El Skid makes a good point?

Are you retarded?

Edit: That came off a little harsh. Go back and read the thread instead of picking certain posts to read.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I have nothing else to go on, and it seems reasonable. I would prefer not to jump on the kill Fuzzy bandwagon again since that seems even more retarded.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Voting for Fuzzy right now is pretty obvious and easy. And lookee here, a nice bandwagon for baddies to jump on without much question.

I'm seriously doubting that anyone was making a concerted effort to swing the vote either way yesterday, other than random "olol tie!" motivations and shenanigans.

Shenanigans.

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I have nothing else to go on, and it seems reasonable. I would prefer not to jump on the kill Fuzzy bandwagon again since that seems even more retarded.
    Everyone else read that it was a joke and pointed it out to Skid.

I even said it was a joke in my post.

There is no grey area.

Not only did you fail to read my "ololvig" post, you failed to read half the last page.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So does anyone have any links to really great old phallas?
    Pedophalla was hilarious, and I feel like some reading.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So does anyone have any links to really great old phallas?
    Pedophalla was hilarious, and I feel like some reading.
    Old Games
    1. visiblehowl - Night Watch: Light Ones,Dark Ones (Signups)
    2. cheez - Xenosaga
    3. Grundlterror - Super Smash Brothers
    4. precisionk - phallisionk
    5. Ardor/Drez - Phallout
    6. MrBlarney - Gods of Phalla
    7. Psycholarry - World War I (A West Side Story Musical by Steven Sondheim and produced by Mel Brooks, critically acclaimed actor, producer and director)
    8. DarkPrimus - Transformers (Signups)
    9. Saburbia - Fullmetal Alchemist
    10. Grundlterror - Venture Bros
    11. cj iwakura & Hylianbunny - Disgaea: Phalla of Darkness
    12. Frosteey - Phallagnarok (Signups)
    13. Hylianbunny & cj iwakura - Eternal Darkness (Signups)
    14. Infidel - Death Note (Signups)
    15. Plutonium - A Song of Ice and Fire (Signups)
    16. Squashua - PhalLOST and PhalLOST (Signups)
    17. Ardor and MrBlarney - Phalla Royale (Signups)
    18. robothero/life3 - Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition (Junkyard, Signups)
    19. Locus - Through The Greatwood (Signups)
    20. Bliss101 - French Revolution (Jail, Signups)
    21. Buzz Buzz - BANG!
    22. Last Son - Super-Alliances (Signups)
    23. thorgot - Democratic File System (Signups)
    24. FunkyWaltDogg - Space Station 13 (Signups)
    25. DarkPrimus - The Court of King Phallis (Signups)
    26. precisionk - Insane Asylum (Signups)
    27. Saburbia - Haunted House (Signups)
    28. PsychoLarry - Comic Book Style (Signups)
    29. Hylianbunny - The Zodiac Phalla Story (Signups)
    30. Gnasty - The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla (Signups)
    31. EvilBadman - Phallanoia (Signups)
    32. cj iwakura - Vampire: Masquerade (Signups)
    33. Rygar - Space Phalla (Signups)
    34. RBB and VH - Soviet Phalla (Politiburo, Signups)
    35. ElJeffe - Phalliad (Hades, Signups)
    36. Visiblehowl - Kingdoms of Phallacia (Signups)
    37. Lanz - Death Note (Signups)
    38. LightReaper - Pokemon (Signups)

Old Games not in CF
    D&D
    1. Fencingsax - Jack the Ripper (unfinished due to moderator inactivity)
    2. hesthefastest - Superpowers
    3. Ardor and tuxkamen - Choose Your Own Phalla
    4. James and Aldo - Phorum Phalla
    5. IreneDadler - Phashion
    6. Elendil - Lovecraft
    7. robothero and thorgot - Oregon Trail
    8. ElJeffe - Something Phallic and Phalla Arcade
    9. Richy - Artifact Phalla
    10. Cantide - The Legend of Phalla
    11. visiblehowl - Phallian Phalla
    12. tuxkamen - Ad Astra Per Phalla
    13. Nerissa - Witch Trials (Dead Thread)
    14. mtvcdm - The Mole
    15. Cass and Saburbia - Castle Phalla
    16. Dynagrip - Phallaponnesian War (unfinished due to forum outage)
    17. Shinto - Sicily and New York
    18. RBB and Kusu - Communism
    19. Premier Kakos and ElJeffe - Shades of Newham

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That should keep you busy a while, stickguy.

Edit: I would suggest Phallopolis (Comic Book Style), Haunted House, and Disgaea.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I nominate Tehspectre to be a capital fellow!

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »

I'm also thinking option 3.

There are too many variables to make a vote for Fuzzy at the moment. We should just have a vig kill Fuzzy tonight. The guardian should agree not to protect him and that will be that. The village will get two kills in this event.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Everyone else read that it was a joke and pointed it out to Skid.

I even said it was a joke in my post.

There is no grey area.

Not only did you fail to read my "ololvig" post, you failed to read half the last page.

I understood it was a joke, I've read the entire thread. However, rereading the kill Fuzzy arguments makes that option seem a little more viable. I'll just save my vote till late tonight if something important comes up.

Retract !TehSpectre

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I would like to point out that there was no vig kill last night.

Also, I don't like the idea of the village choosing who the vig should kill. It reeks of evil tampering.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would lean towards the Fuzzy vote being a bunch of day one madness, I figure we have three options:

If we really think Fuzzy was evil we can either vote for Fuzzy or vote for the person whose last second vote saved him, durax.

If on the other hand, we think Fuzzy was the victim of day one silliness, I would argue we vote for someone who seemed to be aiming for a tie. Frosteey tied the vote at 10:57, so I think he would be the target in that case.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Stew_Stick wrote: »
    Just to clarify, roomate is a masonary role. Now whoever killed off my roomie please step forward now for beatings and red votes.

was this the last post on this subject? I find it suspicious.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just to be forthcoming, so that I have nothing to hide later, it was actually my vote that saved Fuzzy.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I dicked around with mine at the end in attempts to get close to a tie, but that was because I thought it'd be funny

Medopine on
  • Options
    HilgerHilger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    I dicked around with mine at the end in attempts to get close to a tie, but that was because I thought it'd be funny
    Same. I was typing in the [chat] thread the last 15 minutes though, so I missed the last-minute shenanigans I wanted to pull. Oh well.

Hilger on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damn, there's some dimwittedness going on around here.

Now sit y'all down and take notes

- We vote in bold (that's the b /b tags) and in the colour red. If you are not doing this you risk that the host misses your vote, decides to ignore it or he has to spend more time noticing your vote. In short: don't be a moron and vote properly.

- Last night a number of players tried to create a tie, even though the host noted that a tie would not be good for the village, for as far as I could notice the following people are guilty of this: Hilger, Werehippy, Satan., Medopine and Durax. Naturally not all of them can be bad guys, but I would not be surprised if one or more of them just tried to create confusion.

-Last night was day one, the day where we kill someone on little to no information, we picked on FCC and Maximus for no proper reason, just because one of the two of them was not a bad guy does not mean the other was. FCC did not make a bigger effort than one would expect to dodge a baseless bandwagon so I do not get the people going "hmm, he is not dead, how suspicious!" If someone thinks otherwise I urge him to properly quote some posts incriminating FCC.

I base my vote on these variables: who tried to create a tie? and who jumps on the FCC bandwagon?

That reduces my list to Werehippy and Durax. Considering Durax already has more than null votes I will hereby !vote to kill Durax.

This is only an educated guess, I am only going off on information available in this thread. YMMV

Aldo on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aldo saved me from typing all of those points.

Durax was pretty quick to play follow the leader at the start of the day (less than stellar reasoning included), and I really have nothing to suspect FCC of.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Also, I don't like the idea of the village choosing who the vig should kill. It reeks of evil tampering.
    How do you know? There were two kills, in addition to the village kill. Could have been one vigilante and one bad guy kill.

EDIT: Also, holy crap that list you made... I'm adding it to the Upcoming Games Thread's OP.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Richy wrote: »

How do you know? There were two kills, in addition to the village kill. Could have been one vigilante and one bad guy kill.

EDIT: Also, holy crap that list you made... I'm adding it to the Upcoming Games Thread's OP.

But there are at the very least 2 seperate bad guys, so someone didn't kill someone. Either they just decided not to (unlikely) or were stopped by the guardian.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Uh, that's just CF's list, Richy. :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

Uh, that's just CF's list, Richy. :P
    Well it has CF and D&D games on it. And it's cool. And I'm cool. And you're not, so there.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can agree with Aldo's thinking. Some where in all the last minute vote switching is people doing evil things. We were warned bad things could happen if there was a tie, and people tried hard to make one.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I guess Durax since all the cool kids seem to be doing it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm holding my vote until tonight, I'll be around before vote closed. off to work for now.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I can agree with Aldo's thinking. Some where in all the last minute vote switching is people doing evil things. We were warned bad things could happen if there was a tie, and people tried hard to make one.

It didn't sound like automatic bad things to me, just like something different. I like different.

Satan. on
  • Options
    duallainduallain Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    !Durax because I think he's trying to kill all of us.

duallain on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think my actions Yesterday prove that I was trying to avoid a tie, not create one.
    I don't see how events leading up to my vote switch can be interpreted in any other way.

durax on
This discussion has been closed.