Options

[Vanguard] SNEAK IS GONE SO THIS GAME IS DEAD.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    defrag wrote: »
    Next to AoC, when people say Vanguard looks really good, I kind of go all o_O. I just don't think it has anything on AoC, even comparing the different styles.

Now, is there any type of player housing in Vanguard?

That's because Age of Conan has a major emphasis on graphics, which causes the world to be cramped and clusterfucked, which then causes the zones to have to be instanced to high hell. Vanguard is one seamless, gigantic, pretty world.

Yes, there is player housing, which is also not instanced. Give me about 10 minutes, and I'll take screenshots of our guild's keep.

Yeah this is another thing that's starting to nag at me when I play Conan... all the zoning gets real old, but not as old as the textures loading in late, causing me to look at bare floors which then get tiled-in to reveal that they are actually supposed to be a wood deck.

I kinda like the look of this game, but wonky animations would probably put me off just as much as all the clipping and pop-in that Conan does.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I bought this when it first came out and didn't play long. It seemed pretty cool though, just very buggy.

I would try it again if I could figure out how to re-install it. I did the whole digital download thing and I thought somewhere in my station account info I would find how to download it again but I'm having no luck.

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    all those old names , loras, fooms , sindarin :d hell even my main chr Kregnok is in there :D you guys will be hapy to know i finaly reached lvl 31 :D

Go to the forums dnlib and they will link you to the patcher, wich will then dl and install the whole thing.. will take a day or so depending onyour connnection speed but 18 gigs is a beast :L Its not that bad but its still a big game. Its part of the reason they haven't started a trial, because the digital footprint so to speak is huge. Animations aren't terrible its the running animations.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How difficult is it to attain player housing?

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    chrpnk wrote: »
    I'll only play this again if we can get Fooms to run around and find quests for us again.

Fooms was a great guild bitch. The only way we could even get to our housing chunk below level 50 was to have him super-speed and group-invis us all and run up there. Which still took ten minutes at 250% run speed.

haha, I still know where a ton of quests are, all the info is slowly coming back to me.

unfortunately our housing area on crynn's cove is all taken over now, theres no free lots to be had.

but what I really need to figure out is how to get me a flying mount. Running around at 250% is great and all, but I want to fly

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't know you would need to talk to some of the moe higher lvl players :D Im also unsure as to the customization of said housing.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Right now I've started a new sorc, since I want to see how the game is improved from launch.

Name is Lyna, on Saredan. Dark Elf, so it'll be a while before i can emigrate to Thestra.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    screenshots inc

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    HOLY SHIT BRACE

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I totally forgot my Cleric was level 37.

I still can't believe how well this game runs now.

If anyone is on, send a guild invite to Quelin please.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    DurtyFitzDurtyFitz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Really wanted to try this game when it came about. luckly I was broke as all hell and couldn't afford it, and by the time I could, I learned that the game wasn't ready for launch (bugwise and such).

If anyone has some spare buddy keys that they wish to throw around, feel free to nail me in the face with one.

I'd love you for it. :winky:

DurtyFitz on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    chrpnk wrote: »
    I totally forgot my Cleric was level 37.

I still can't believe how well this game runs now.

If anyone is on, send a guild invite to Quelin please.

Guild is only me and esarios atm(and thats just cause you can't kick someone the same rank as you)

but I guess I can get it up and running again if theres going to be like 10 of us playing again, or we can just join whatever guild the sneak is in

Foomy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    screenshot00011yi5.jpg

screenshot00012md9.jpg

screenshot00013df3.jpg

screenshot00014vk4.jpg

screenshot00015eg6.jpg

screenshot00016gt4.jpg

screenshot00017mz9.jpg

screenshot00018xk4.jpg

screenshot00019pw7.jpg

screenshot00020na3.jpg

screenshot00021eo5.jpg

screenshot00022hu3.jpg

screenshot00024ej2.jpg

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    BE WARNED THAT THIS IS A FUCK TON OF SCREENSHOTS AND I WANT TO SHOVE MY DICK IN YOUR H-SCROLL K

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    BE WARNED THAT THIS IS A FUCK TON OF SCREENSHOTS AND I WANT TO SHOVE MY DICK IN YOUR H-SCROLL K

I haven't ever seen a more ugly shield, though your cape is quite horrible as well

Foomy on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like your shield.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    DurtyFitzDurtyFitz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    screenshot00011yi5.jpg

screenshot00012md9.jpg

screenshot00013df3.jpg

screenshot00014vk4.jpg

screenshot00015eg6.jpg

screenshot00016gt4.jpg

screenshot00017mz9.jpg

screenshot00018xk4.jpg

screenshot00019pw7.jpg

screenshot00020na3.jpg

screenshot00021eo5.jpg

screenshot00022hu3.jpg

screenshot00024ej2.jpg

*Gay sheild crits DurtyFitz*

I now for some reason crave anal...

DurtyFitz on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am in on Seradon, but I haven't committed to any race/class yet. I will probably end up as a warrior type.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thinking of Resubbing soon, but not 100% yet, still have AoC and WoW until the 20th and no where near enough Harddrive space for all.

Are Bards still twenty degrees of utter win?

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well unelss hes playing a paladin he can shove that sheild up his ass, caus other then palainds no other "tank" classes really need one. Warriors are now the dps tank and usse 2 weapons, Darknights or the evil paladin uses 2handed weapons and paladins use sword and board :D

A always looking slick.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Yep, I'm a Paladin, so it's sword and board for me. Which is a shame, as I have an awesome looking two-hander.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Thinking of Resubbing soon, but not 100% yet, still have AoC and WoW until the 20th and no where near enough Harddrive space for all.

Are Bards still twenty degrees of utter win?

Yeah, right now I have active accounts on City of Heroes, Age of Conan, and now 2 months free of Everquest 2, and yet I ordered Vanguard, despite just recently saying I need to stop playing MMOs since I'm neglecting my other games. I still have barely touched GTA4 and just bought Mass Effect for PC and only clocked an hour and a half on it... Damned MMOs, why must you be so addicting?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Agreed, luckily I'm letting my friend borrow my 360 so I feel less bad about neglecting it.

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Okay I am a Goblin Bloodmage named Snog.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I stopped playing all games except mmo's. :D Makes things simpler :D

Draeven on

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah i've been waiting for a trial thing before i think about coming back, i enjoyed it even at launch but just not enough people were playing

are you guys still in the same place? did you boot me from the guild like assholes?!?!?!!

i'm sure i'll be back at some point, just not right now with AoC and then also the EQ2 and EQ 2 month trial things.....

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

You know, that axe is a little gay too...

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    you shut your fucking mouth toxic

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Really anything that isn't gay on your character is ugly, Sneak.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Really anything that isn't gay on your character is ugly, Sneak.

Which is strange, cause usually gays have fantastic fashion sense. :P

Edit- Hm, lame top post.

I am currently loving Blood Mage. I am done for the night, but is there anyone else around the Orc / Goblin newbie area? I feel so alone out here. :(

Oh, also, is there any kind of Guild tab so I can check to see who is on? Its kinda something I expect to come standard with MMOs nowadays.

edit 2- Anyone have an extra buddy key? My buddy wants to try this out again, but he is understandably leery of buying it.

Axen on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'll have 10 keys or whatever come a day or so, I'll post when I have em if people are interested.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I know I will be quite interested in one if you could spare

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Its a shame that the only thing my current computer fails at for minimum spec is the CPU speed >.< 1.80 instead of the needed 2.4. Guess theres no way in hell my computer would run it without bitching at me huh D:?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You could always grab a key and check it out, they did supposedly optimize the heck out of it. When I played the graphics were the biggest bottleneck for my machine back then, not the CPU.
    If I remember I'll dig through my retail box when I get home, I probably have some keys as well... if they're still valid.

Glal on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It would be awesome if you could toss one my way. I was surprised the card I've got was good for the minimum specs really. I can run EQ2 decently somewhere between low and medium... but of course that game is about as optimized as a retarded lab rat. I'd need to clean out some space for it as well, since when I used the Can You Run It thing it showed I'd need more room.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you could shoot me a buddy key as well, I would be most appreciative :).

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    Gina VGina V Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've been interested in this game for a very long time but reviews and word of mouth kept me away. This sounds more like the type of game I love. I'm playing Age of Conan now and while I can see it's a good game and has a lot of potential, I'm coming to the conclusion it's just not for me.

Is there a Priest-type class in the game and if so are they able to solo if necessary? (time constraints, on at odd hours and can't find a group, etc.) I don't mind grouping at all but I do like to solo also.

Gina V on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    IF i can get this game to run for me, i would assume anyone can.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited June 2008
    I am destined to have this gay shield with me for the rest of my days, it seems.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    hey guys, did anybody else notice how gay sneaks shield is? so gay!!!!

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png