Options

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Asiina wrote: »
    You don't boast on the forums about killing Flippy. That's inelegant.

Instead you bat him to death and then type HI FLIPPY! in the chat. That's how these things work.

From what I remember you're pretty good at holding your mouse button down and running into folks.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    No one wants to play heavy when the pyro can kill you in a second.
    Solution. Heavies:Back-To-Back. Or maybe a triangle.

Malkor on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Heavycons! Merge to form Devastator!

Echo on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »

Heavycons! Merge to form Devastator!

Man devastator was a pussy.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know you can kill heavies easy with the backburner, but I have more fun lighting them up and axtinguishing them.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Instead you bat him to death and then type HI FLIPPY! in the chat. That's how these things work.

Bah. I remember back when you sucked. I don't recall agreeing to you getting good.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008

Am I doing this right?
    ctf_2fort0002.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm surprised it's that low. Although those stats are only for the last week. I wonder how it is if you count the whole month, 3 months, 1 year, etc. I didn't even know about that stat page though, and it's really cool.
    lol yea but take a look at avg kills and avg assists -- All Heavy.

everyone is so damn noob.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    steeefsteeef Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think I've been a pyro long enough that I've neglected some of the other classes. I'm going to try medic, but it seems like a lot of responsibility. I don't want to be a dick and neglect the rest of my team while I'm running around with one dude.

steeef on
    steeef.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gentlemen, present blades. The time of stabbing fat fucking heads to pieces is rapidly approaching.
    The heavy pack may cause me to unretire spy.

Who am I kidding? I'll be full-on Punchenstein the entire week.

Speaking of that, I've been too busy to get my TF2 drink on lately. I demand inebriated fisticuffs! Who's down?

Monsty on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Then don't neglect the rest of your team by running around with one dude.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

t Echo: better.

Asiina on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Don't let someone else tell you how to play a class, just enjoy it

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Ever since the pyro glut, I've been trying to find a new main. I'm kinda okay with the demo and the scout (trying out heavy, but with the new update, may have to switch again) but I really wish there was a better medium range gun out there as a main weapon.

Go Action Spy then.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I dunno man, cause terrible medics will bring a team down more than terrible anything else. If you have a medic who is just not being smart about their ubers or rushing out with a suicidal pyro again and again then you're probably not going to do well.

That said, it's not hard to be not-terrible at medic. Just remember that you get points for healing in general, whether you're getting assists or not. If you don't want to worry about getting killed too much then stay just behind the front lines and heal dudes as they come running back. That is being very useful and will get you a fairly high on the scoreboard. Just try to always be healing someone. I'll never understand medics who run with a group of people after spawning and aren't healing any of them.

Asiina on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ever since the pyro glut, I've been trying to find a new main. I'm kinda okay with the demo and the scout (trying out heavy, but with the new update, may have to switch again) but I really wish there was a better medium range gun out there as a main weapon.

Go Action Spy then.
    What does this entail?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    I dunno man, cause terrible medics will bring a team down more than terrible anything else. If you have a medic who is just not being smart about their ubers or rushing out with a suicidal pyro again and again then you're probably not going to do well.
    Cheezy knows how to use his uber.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Go Action Spy then.
    What does this entail?

Equip revolver, shoot gun at man.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Go Action Spy then.
    What does this entail?

Huh. I may have to try this. I suck at being stealthy and crap, but I could do the whole shooty pistol thing.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Go Action Spy then.

Actually the correct term is "Gunslinger" or "Gunfighter"

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cryohazardcryohazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

or you attempt to bat him to death while a medic is healing him and you neglect to hit the medic like a smart little scout should

cryohazard on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Action Spy is when you pretend to be on the other team, then betray them at the end.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    cryohazard wrote: »

or you attempt to bat him to death while a medic is healing him and you neglect to hit the medic like a smart little scout should

Killing Flippy is my only mission. I only bat those who get in the way, like spy body doubles (seriously what the hell was that about).

Asiina on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Action Spy is when you pretend to be on the other team, then betray them at the end.

This is my favorite thing to do. I sometimes wonder if I should be doing something useful for my real team, but I'm so busy trying to blend in and praying pyros don't spy check me.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

This is my favorite thing to do. I sometimes wonder if I should be doing something useful for my real team, but I'm so busy trying to blend in and praying pyros don't spy check me.

I once actually tried to protect an enemy medic. That's when I knew I was in too deep.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I once actually tried to protect an enemy medic. That's when I knew I was in too deep.

This is the best way to play spy.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

This is the best way to play spy.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Go Action Spy then.
    What does this entail?

Huh. I may have to try this. I suck at being stealthy and crap, but I could do the whole shooty pistol thing.

If any of you are doing this and I am on the server, TELL ME.

Nothing more fun than breaking out the Kritzkrieg and using it on a spy. Revolver Crits hurt.

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Less talk. More play! Job's server GOGOGOGOGO

Daxon on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Spies should get more übers in general actually.

HOW'S THAT CRIT WRENCH WORKING OUT FOR YOU NOW MISTER ENGINEER

But no, only scouts and snipers get the "joke" übers...

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Go Action Spy then.
    What does this entail?

Nothing more fun than breaking out the Kritzkrieg and using it on a spy. Revolver Crits hurt.

I do this quite often on defense actually. I'll have to remember to remind you :D

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Go Action Spy then.
    What does this entail?

I'll commit that to memory. I'm generally very bad at receiving ubers and krubers, but my god I've always wanted to try kruber gunslinging.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    steeef wrote: »
    I think I've been a pyro long enough that I've neglected some of the other classes. I'm going to try medic, but it seems like a lot of responsibility. I don't want to be a dick and neglect the rest of my team while I'm running around with one dude.

medic sometimes is a lot of responsibility. click around and heal multiple people. don't be one of the jerks who only sticks to one person. don't follow someone in if they are running right in. stick back, keep yourself alive because you keep the team alive. communicate with the person you're healing so they know if they need to turn around and help you. the one thing ive had to learn though is to keep myself alive before i keep them alive. if you are running into the enemy with an uber pyro ... 2-3 seconds before the uber wears off, tell the pyro you're leaving and start moving backward whie facing the enemy and calling for medic. if you die right after an uber and have to respawn, rewalk to the fight, you've wasted the teams time. just my two cents. i love medic personally and think you should give it a couple hours to work out the kinks and play it.

cryohazard on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

medic sometimes is a lot of responsibility. click around and heal multiple people. don't be one of the jerks who only sticks to one person. don't follow someone in if they are running right in. stick back, keep yourself alive because you keep the team alive. communicate with the person you're healing so they know if they need to turn around and help you. the one thing ive had to learn though is to keep myself alive before i keep them alive. if you are running into the enemy with an uber pyro ... 2-3 seconds before the uber wears off, tell the pyro you're leaving and start moving backward whie facing the enemy and calling for medic. if you die right after an uber and have to respawn, rewalk to the fight, you've wasted the teams time. just my two cents. i love medic personally and think you should give it a couple hours to work out the kinks and play it.

Aren't you always healing Flipper? :P

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    Gentlemen, present blades. The time of stabbing fat fucking heads to pieces is rapidly approaching.
    The heavy pack may cause me to unretire spy.

Who am I kidding? I'll be full-on Punchenstein the entire week.

Speaking of that, I've been too busy to get my TF2 drink on lately. I demand inebriated fisticuffs! Who's down?
    i won't be around till tonight, but yes i'm 99% of the time getting my TF2 drink on if i'm playing......i'm sure tonight will be no different

zombie punch!!!

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I know what you mean. I do focus on Flippy when he is on but I do not neglect the team. Anyone who calls for Medic gets healed if I won't get killed in the process. I move around. I will overheal a person before they round a corner then go back to healing Flippy. The idea is I'm not stuck to him and only him. I see it too often where a medic is stuck to a heavy or something and I'm a medic yelling for a medic and can't get a heal because the other medic can't be bothered to heal me. It isn't often on PA servers you see that but you do see it when someone is trying medic out. The veteran medics on PA are awesome.

cryohazard on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    hahaha oh man this is so great.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Man what the hell red has an advantage on Goldrush.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Man I need to get rid of the damn virus on my computer so I can play again. Fuck Viruses

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Kreutz wrote: »

Man what the hell red has an advantage on Goldrush.

Is it me, or does the shovel have slightly more game distance than any other melee? and wtf is up with the fireaxe distance?

cryohazard on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I know what you mean. I do focus on Flippy when he is on but I do not neglect the team. Anyone who calls for Medic gets healed if I won't get killed in the process. I move around. I will overheal a person before they round a corner then go back to healing Flippy. The idea is I'm not stuck to him and only him. I see it too often where a medic is stuck to a heavy or something and I'm a medic yelling for a medic and can't get a heal because the other medic can't be bothered to heal me. It isn't often on PA servers you see that but you do see it when someone is trying medic out. The veteran medics on PA are awesome.

I know dahling, I know! I tease too much, dahling! And besides, I simply lav the spark between you and Flipper.

Quaz and Wally on
This discussion has been closed.