Options

[GROAN ON] Team Fortress 2 : We Don't Have Zombies, (but we have each other)

• Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Beware the Tourny they only bring ruin. Seriously we have had two other tournments and they haven't worked out so hot. In fact the tournment organizer usually stops playing (Alabaster and Zot). So I say no tourny or have someone who I don't like organize it.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    marty wrote: »
    I was just thinking about another PA tourney and I believe the best way to run it is through conferences (ie East, west, central) because getting everyone together at one time was a giant clusterfuck. The yooru-PEONS can generally hang with the eastern lot because they have no lives and stay up that late.

Within conferences, each team plays another team twice.

Each conference should have three teams, or failing that, two conferences of three teams, with the final between the winners of each conference being played on a weekend evening so that all you scrotums can make it.

Of course, I don't want to organise this. Fuck that.

So kind of like an AFC/NFC thing? Teams by region?

Fellhand on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We should take a collection and pay an outsider to organize that shit for us.

omg I just had the best idea for an industry.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think another tourny would be good. The biggest problem last time was scheduling though and people just not showing up. Like I think it was Flippy and Enders teams we ended up waiting 3 weeks for.

Not sure how to really solve that other than just doing the whole thing over the course of a week and if you can't be available that week then don't sign up.

Asiina on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whoever the medic with me last night was for CTF -- awesome. 2 medics take out a soldier, a medic, a heavy, and an engie, and then capture the intel... great way to come back to the game after so many months :D

Now to get my achievement weapons...

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Beware the Tourny they only bring ruin. Seriously we have had two other tournments and they haven't worked out so hot. In fact the tournment organizer usually stops playing (Alabaster and Zot). So I say no tourny or have someone who I don't like organize it.

I organized the PA vs. Evil Avatar and I'm still playing. But that was only one game...

Hey You on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You'll probably have more success if all of the match times are posted in advance.

If such a thing is possible.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I complain, but I've already spent the last 20 minutes writing up rules. I'll probably have them up by the end of the day. Times of matches will be posted when the signup thread goes up, and there's no chance to reschedule.

Asiina on
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Got the day off work and this is the perfect opportunity to work on the plug-in.

I have a question for map-makers:
    1) is it possible to make a map similar to dustbowl (a combination of multiple maps) that only has one control point to defend.
    2) How much control do you have over what section is played next in a dustbowl configuration? Can you make it so the sections only progress a certain way?

Question for everyone else:
    How would you like teams to be chosen? Auto-balance will be disabled and doing a zombie to survivor team change will be prohibited during play.
    There are two possible options:
    1) The original zombies and original survivors switch roles each game.
    OR
    2) Everyone starts out as a survivor then people are randomly chosen to be zombies.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I remember the last tourney kind of killed the PA servers in general. A lot of players were involved, and most ended up stressed enough over it that they either stopped playing normally, or when they did, they were a lot less fun to be around, which caused people who weren't in the tourney to stop playing as well. I expect that unless the next were to be somewhat less ambitious, it would probably end up the same way.

Mars on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tag wrote: »
    Whoever the medic with me last night was for CTF -- awesome. 2 medics take out a soldier, a medic, a heavy, and an engie, and then capture the intel... great way to come back to the game after so many months :D

Now to get my achievement weapons...

My puny shotgun was no match for your rampage. It was so painful to watch!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mars wrote: »
    I remember the last tourney kind of killed the PA servers in general. A lot of players were involved, and most ended up stressed enough over it that they either stopped playing normally, or when they did, they were a lot less fun to be around, which caused people who weren't in the tourney to stop playing as well. I expect that unless the next were to be somewhat less ambitious, it would probably end up the same way.

I believe that was because the first tournament was a "serious business" style tourney. I think if we do another one just play by the standard rule set (crits allowed ect). I'd actually like to do a 9v9 highlander rules tourney (1 of each class on a team). I think that would be pretty fun.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    i like the idea marty...you're so smart!!!!!

also: my keyboard totally just died last night....does anybody have any suggestions on a good keyboard that maybe wouldn't suck?

Here you go. Bleeding edge of technology. Just hope it's not out of your price range.

Oh, Quaz and Wally, Quaz, Wally, Qually, Qaw, Hankies, Q, Q-Dub, Quazzy, Qwally, Quallz, Quax, Quad, That Maget, Qual, Quaznally, your are the height of hillarity and hijiunks.

jinks.

I mean't hijinks.

lawl, that reminds me, somebody called me Quaeilly a few days back.

edit:
    I'd actually like to do a 9v9 highlander rules tourney (1 of each class on a team). I think that would be pretty fun.

Hell yes!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Asiina wrote: »
    I think another tourny would be good. The biggest problem last time was scheduling though and people just not showing up. Like I think it was Flippy and Enders teams we ended up waiting 3 weeks for.

Not sure how to really solve that other than just doing the whole thing over the course of a week and if you can't be available that week then don't sign up.
    Exactly.

Schedule it 2 weeks from now. If you can't make it on like a Tuesday night @ 9 PM, then you can geeeehhttt outt!

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    p.s. i can't believe no one commented on my bawstin video.

you guys encourage terrorism.

R.I.P Brad Delp.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Exactly.

Schedule it 2 weeks from now. If you can't make it on like a Tuesday night @ 9 PM, then you can geeeehhttt outt!

Pretty much. I like the 9v9 idea too.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    p.s. i can't believe no one commented on my bawstin video.

you guys encourage terrorism.

R.I.P Brad Delp.

I'm gonna eat that chowda, GIVE IT TO ME!

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would probably sign up if it was highlander. Is that a promise or a warning?

Monsty on
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    make sure it is conferenced. Holy fuck i'm not going to be on a team of californerds.

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    make sure it is conferenced. Holy fuck i'm not going to be on a team of californerds.

you need to go with the new yorkers

Hey You on
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    if there is a tourney, this time i want to be invited

will_smith2.jpg

Sueve on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I still think Hydro, if rearranged a bit, would make for an awesome domination map. I've said that from the beginning, even when no one had made a working domination mode at the time.

Because... I actually like some configurations of Hydro. If it wasn't for the map's unerring habit of ending with a stalemate when one team finally has a co-ordinated push hurtling forward, it'd be pretty good. lol chokepoints

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey You wrote: »

you need to go with the new yorkers

Northeast unite.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I still think Hydro, if rearranged a bit, would make for an awesome domination map. I've said that from the beginning, even when no one had made a working domination mode at the time.

Because... I actually like some configurations of Hydro. If it wasn't for the map's unerring habit of ending with a stalemate when one team finally has a co-ordinated push hurtling forward, it'd be pretty good. lol chokepoints

Yes, yes crab we know you're a genius.

Malkor on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Man, you do not want to mess with hydro, trust me. :P

tofu on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Then why don't you shut up about it and make it?

Here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page

Knock yourself out.

LittleBoots on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Fellhand wrote: »
    Northeast unite.
    yea but fuck NY.

that place sucks.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Knock yourself out.

Because I have zero mapping talent

And I've encountered four customised versions of Hydro and yet none of the mappers have thought to try it, so I continue to spread the word

Also, you knock yourself out. Not in doing anything in particular, just repeatedly traumatise your cranium until you lose consciousness. It would be amusing to watch!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I want my All-Girl team again.

Fukken lol
    I complain, but I've already spent the last 20 minutes writing up rules. I'll probably have them up by the end of the day. Times of matches will be posted when the signup thread goes up, and there's no chance to reschedule.

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

What on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Knock yourself out.

Because I have zero mapping talent

And I've encountered four customised versions of Hydro and yet none of the mappers have thought to try it, so I continue to spread the word

Also, you knock yourself out. Not in doing anything in particular, just repeatedly traumatise your cranium until you lose consciousness. It would be amusing to watch!

You don't need mapping talent, the map is finished. Just move shit around.

LittleBoots on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Uh, have you played canalzone? Hydro, with all its points connected, would be far bigger than canalzone. Players would wander for days trying to find some opposition o_O

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So I'm planning on making an Eastern and Western division and people can choose what division they'd like to be in.

Schedule matches for 7pm Eastern and 7pm Pacific on each night of a week. If we want this to be fun I think it needs to be fast, and if we want to get it done in a week two divisions with 3 teams each is enough.

Is putting it the week of the 11th to the 16th too early? Will people be able to schedule their evenings about a week in advance?

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh shit, you're really doing it. Oh god, oh god, oh god. OH GOD.

What on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What wrote: »

Fukken lol

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

duld is an all girl team in and of himself

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh shit, you're really doing it. Oh god, oh god, oh god. OH GOD.

My control freak skills are going to WASTE at the moment.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Fukken lol

duld is an all girl team in and of himself

NO.

(YES.)

WAIT A MINUTE.

What on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do it before class starts on the 25th yus

iowa on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    someone's excited

tofu on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I decided I want to learn how to play an offensive engineer. Other than being rude, swearing, and spouting lots of racial slurs (I kid!), does anybody have any advice? As I understand it, the best way to do it is to plant lvl 1 sentries in unexpected places and shotgun people around it and to it, then move up with the weapons of the fallen. Don't upgrade your gun as it just wastes metal.

Are there any use for dispensers? Is it a good idea to try to get a lvl 3 up if you've got it in a brutal spot near their base?

Again, I'm talking about offensive engi, I know most all of the defensive engi stuff and generic engi stuff, so don't tell me that hitting my stuff will make it build faster.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How bout 7:30?

Malkor on
This discussion has been closed.