Options

100 pages of fallout goodness, needs new home!

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heir wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    This Fall/Winter is going to be very very expensive it seems.

Spore
    Fallout 3 (this will probably take up more time than even spore)
    Ghostbusters (if it's not delayed until next June)
    GTA IV PC
    Empire: Total War

There's another big PC game coming out..but I can't seem to remember what it is.

Honestly though, for sheer epicness, I think I'm looking forward to Fallout 3 the most. Ghostbusters is almost a tie, just because Ghostbusters was my life when I was a child.

Spore
    Disgaea 3
    Disgaea DS
    Rhapsody DS
    Fallout 3
    WAR
    The Sims 2 Apartment Life
    Dragon Quest 4 DS
    Armored Core: For Answer
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Too Human
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
    Eternal Poison
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Master of the Monster Lair

... sigh.

Ah, I was only thinking PC games...but I forgot about STALKER.
    Spore, Fallout, Crysis, KOTOR and STALKER are reasons enough to say PC gaming is not dead.

Um...was that implied anywhere? All the games I listed I'm buying on PC.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I offer a solution to playing Fallout(2) in Vista.

Download Virtual PC 2007.
    Install XP on a virtual machine. I'm sure you have a disc or iso of it somewhere.
    Install the game and all the patches
    Profit!

(Don't use pointer integration, it doesn't play nice with the game engine)

You also get the side benefit of playing in a window if you like.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    man.. those shots.. its as i feared, it looks and acts like oblivion, from waiting, menus and everything, like a tc mod or something.. the dialogue seems ok, but there's no bartering options? god-damn. also god-damn oblivion style quest hold my hand and tell me exactly what to do shit again, least knowing this it will be in xml format so at least it can be modded out, and i cant see that god awful compass shit anywhere either..

but LOL at the Nerd Rage perk.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    artooartoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Spore
    GTA IV PC

There's another big PC game coming out..but I can't seem to remember what it is.

Honestly though, for sheer epicness, I think I'm looking forward to Fallout 3 the most. Ghostbusters is almost a tie, just because Ghostbusters was my life when I was a child.

Spore
    Disgaea 3
    Disgaea DS
    Rhapsody DS
    Fallout 3
    WAR
    Dragon Quest 4 DS
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Too Human
    Eternal Poison

... sigh.

Crysis Warhead?

artoo on
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    but there's no bartering options? god-damn.

Uh, yeah there is. It's supposed to be exactly like Fallout; caps for currency but everything has value.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Clevinger wrote: »

Uh, yeah there is. It's supposed to be exactly like Fallout; caps for currency but everything has value.

no i meant being able to barter with everyone you can talk to like in fo1 & 2, looking at the shots you only seem to be able to barter with select people who have the dialogue to do so.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm going through F2 again (even though I played it a few months ago, the allure of a good game such as this is hard to pass up when I've got a hard on due to F3 coming out soon) and I just know I'm going to miss these things in the sequel since I know Bethesda wouldn't go the distance on sex.

fallout2200808162347192tn6.th.jpg

I will miss new incarnations of these things. Broken Hills Gimp. Oh the gimp. But I'll always have F2 for that.

Just have to love the Fallout Boy image made for that stat. And the "Big Bright Shining Star".

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    artoo wrote: »

Spore
    GTA IV PC

Spore
    Disgaea 3
    Disgaea DS
    Rhapsody DS
    Fallout 3
    WAR
    Dragon Quest 4 DS
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Too Human
    Eternal Poison

... sigh.

Crysis Warhead?

Man I still haven't even played Crysis. I figured I'd wait a while until the next gen of video cards, then buy it.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man I still haven't even played Crysis. I figured I'd wait a while until the next gen of video cards, then buy it.

If you've played far cry then you're not missing much.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Actually, I've never played it either. I dunno what it is with me and FPS's...but while I generally like them I'm rather apathetic about buying them.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

wrong

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nuzak wrote: »

wrong

no i'm quite correct, unless you refer to the awesome
    ice level and alien ship levels that were both way too short, the rest of the game was just a prettier version of far cry with koreans.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

wrong

ice level and alien ship levels that were both way too short, the rest of the game was just a prettier version of far cry with koreans.

Except that's actually the 'bad' part o_O

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Spoit wrote: »

wrong

thought it was quite good myself and wanted more of it after the samey hours and hours of jungle, its like in doom 3 when you see the same tech corridor 80% of the game and they give you 5 % of an awesome hell level and dump you back in the same tech corridor afterwards. D:

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Way to sum it up in one convenient comparison. A reviewer you are not.

Crysis was just about the greatest thing an FPS fan could wish for. No doubt it borrowed from Far Cry the open-ended gameplay and tropical island atmosphere, but to say it's just a copy with better graphics is negligent. The game was an action FPS masterpiece (script and dialogue aside, of course). Edit: and I agree in saying that the alien ship level was the less enjoyable part of the game. If you found that the highlight, then maybe you should look into Freespace instead.

Hey, I just convinced my girlfriend to try Fallout the first. We're downloading the fan patches now and soon I will make her a devout follower of the ways of Science! Life is great!

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I only just started playing the first one a few days ago. I can't believe I never tried it before. I feel...... dirty.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

wrong

thought it was quite good myself and wanted more of it after the samey hours and hours of jungle, its like in doom 3 when you see the same tech corridor 80% of the game and they give you 5 % of an awesome hell level and dump you back in the same tech corridor afterwards. D:

the system specs insisted on a minimum level of straightness that you have failed to meet

Nuzak on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

wrong

The aircraft carrier at the end of Crysis was so epicly awesome looking even though the last fight was shit.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I need to reinstall Fallout with the fan patches. I've only ever played it vanilla.

Anyone have suggestions of which mods to use for 1 & 2 and where to get them?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You get them from NMA, tread carefully.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you go into NMA, keep all objects usable to gouge out your eyes away from you at all times.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you go into NMA, keep all objects usable to gouge out your eyes away from you at all times.

what is it with you guys and nma.
    they aren't that bad, I've yet to see an intentionally over the top purist post.

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    evilthecat wrote: »

they aren't that bad, I've yet to see an intentionally over the top purist post.

Apples and Oranges, my friend. You put two together in the same room and leave them to their own devices, one going to eventually feed the other to a juicer. They both may be fruit, but they have different tastes in many regards.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Apples and Oranges, my friend. You put two together in the same room and leave them to their own devices, one going to eventually feed the other to a juicer. They both may be fruit, but they have different tastes in many regards.

I can't tell whether or not you're sassing me.
    But basically you lot don't like them simply for being apples(oranges). How tolerant! ;p

evilthecat on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't tell whether or not you're sassing me.

By no means, that just my observation of either group.
    But basically they lot don't like them simply for being apples(oranges). How tolerant! ;p

Either group could probably state specifics details as to the 'why' if you really want to inquire about such things, but some people just never get along just 'cuz. It happens.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

wrong

The aircraft carrier at the end of Crysis was so epicly awesome looking even though the last fight was shit.

It was a pretty cool setting. On a ravaged warship in the middle of the ocean during the night? Being attacked by a mecha squid monster? Good times.

Unfortunately, the giant walker boss bugged out completely for me and ruined that entire section for me. The boss just walked up into the sky where you couldn't touch it and sat there. Had to reload at least 30 times before it stopped bugging.:x

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

wrong

the system specs insisted on a minimum level of straightness that you have failed to meet

o.. okay. i think?

but yeah i forgot about the airship at the end, that was pretty cool too, apart from the ending and i think that boss battle scene would of been more awesome if they had of shown it off in a gazillion of preview vids and trailers before its release.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Guys there is a stat in Fallout 3 that apparently counts how many corpses you've eaten. Also there is a perk called Nerd Rage.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is awesome news. I rejoice in my pants.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    fallout3-2.jpg

nerd ragin'

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Clevinger wrote: »

no i meant being able to barter with everyone you can talk to like in fo1 & 2, looking at the shots you only seem to be able to barter with select people who have the dialogue to do so.

I dunno about 1 but in 2 some people flat out refuse to barter with you. And being able to barter with your village at the start would kind of not make sense.

And that nerd raging perk is so funny.:D

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On bartering:

Being able to barter with everyone was a lie. Every npc you could talk to had the button but 50% wouldn't actually barter and 90% wouldn't actually have anything to barter with (x30 caps, cabbage, iguana on a stick and x2 stimpacks hooray!)

On why the NMA hate:

If you haven't seen "truly purist posts" then you haven't looked. There have been posts on their forums where a guy said he punched his girlfriend because she saw F3 and said it looked good. There have been a lot of posts like that.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    KungFu wrote: »
    On bartering:

Being able to barter with everyone was a lie. Every npc you could talk to had the button but 50% wouldn't actually barter and 90% wouldn't actually have anything to barter with (x30 caps, cabbage, iguana on a stick and x2 stimpacks hooray!)

On why the NMA hate:

If you haven't seen "truly purist posts" then you haven't looked. There have been posts on their forums where a guy said he punched his girlfriend because she saw F3 and said it looked good. There have been a lot of posts like that.

o_O:lol:

In all fairness, The company has a history of not giving a flying fig about their own fanbase at all (look at that kajhit guy in oblivion)

Shapeshifter on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What? What's wrong with the kajhit guy?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    On bartering:

its the principle of the thing. least in fo1 (cant remember how they did it in fo2, but im playing fo1 right now) i have so far been able to barter with everyone, it doesnt really matter what they have, the fact that its there for roleplay is great.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On bartering:

On why the NMA hate:

o_O:lol:

In all fairness, The company has a history of not giving a flying fig about their own fanbase at all (look at that kajhit guy in oblivion)

M'aiq the Liar? He was in Morrowind, too. He's a joke character, an easter egg.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ok that nerd rage skill better have a "nerd" prerequisite, something like <2 str, 8< int.

Oh and lol, yes, some guy said he punched his girl.
    That's like reducing the penny-arcade community to whoever troll of the week is.

evilthecat on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So like, massive screenshot leak. I'm not telling you where to find it, or what they look like because I haven't (and won't) look, I want as much to be a surprise as possible.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On bartering:

its the principle of the thing. least in fo1 (cant remember how they did it in fo2, but im playing fo1 right now) i have so far been able to barter with everyone, it doesnt really matter what they have, the fact that its there for roleplay is great.

I'd rather they spend time giving extra NPC's interesting mini-stories or speech options for "roleplay purposes" as opposed wasting time loading them with a bartering inventory that's only going to waste my time.

And even more than that, is it even realistic that you can barter with everyone? If anything, that reeks of game mechanic more than anything...

ironzerg on
  • Options
    jotjot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That's like reducing the penny-arcade community to whoever troll of the week is.

Yeah, well, no it isn't.

We shouldn't derail this thread to talk about NMA, but the last time I followed a link from here I found a mulitpage-essay/rant about the devious history of Bethesda and why they were clearly unfit to produce a true fallout sequel.

Then there's people over there being all "hai guys it might be a fun game perhaps" and then getting banned for trolling.

Someone dig up that one FO2 developers post about their fanbase.

In other news: Is it true the game won't ship with the construction kit? I thought everyone felt that the construction kits included with Morrowind and Oblivion were one of the neatest features.

jot on