Options

[Chat] Tight

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Puppy who done did fall on this day.
    puppy1.JPG

puppy2.JPG

I'm not a photographer, I apologize, it is difficult to keep puppies still.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    The public is fucking stupid and I distinctly dislike the majority of people on this planet.
    I refuse to believe that most people are stupid, but instead that they are simply ignorant.

This may be some sort of defense/coping mechanism because sweet jesus is the alternative frightening.

I refuse to believe that most people are stupid because that attitude is entirely self-defeating. People are capable of being moved to do great things if you know how to appeal to their collective sense of decency and purpose, and ask them to have a little faith.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    a hack like Garriott.

wash your filthy whoreish whore mouth you whore >: (

TR is the best thing ever, wooo, it's a complete game with no bugs and a lot of things to do and engaging endgame and please give me your money.

LORD BRITISH COMMANDS IT

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    a hack like Garriott.

TR is the best thing ever, wooo, it's a complete game with no bugs and a lot of things to do and engaging endgame and please give me your money.

Lord British has done more then TR.

Tav on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    The public is fucking stupid and I distinctly dislike the majority of people on this planet.
    I refuse to believe that most people are stupid, but instead that they are simply ignorant.

This may be some sort of defense/coping mechanism because sweet jesus is the alternative frightening.

I refuse to believe that most people are stupid because that attitude is entirely self-defeating. People are capable of being moved to do great things if you know how to appeal to their collective sense of decency and purpose, and ask them to have a little faith.

None of those things have anything to do with stupidity and everything to do with morality, motivation and well i guess faith is an assumption which is logic but grrrrr at faith so the first two are seperate.

Also grrrr at faith.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know, MikeMan. It sounds selfish, but the only thing I can really continue to say on the topic is that if you -- at present -- cut the T off of the LGBT, it would go to the wolves. Already-tenuous support networks would crumble. It'd be an enormous setback. It'd be like pushing the movement twenty years into the past.

Where we are right now is a good place. People are starting to come out while they're still young. They're taking action before their fortieth birthday. If you cut away the youth support -- what the separatist movement wants to do, by dissolving LGBT cover-alls into more specific organizations -- you lose that. We go back to the old days, where the rule is that you hear about transpeople in suicide notes or in the dark and forgotten places in society.

We aren't large enough to support ourselves. Most college campuses have a handful of T students, and no more, while having hundreds of students that fit the LGBT bill. Some college campuses have one T student. That's how I was at Montclair.

Without an inclusive LGBT organization, I would not have even made it as far as I did there.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    t Vari: they banned shrooms and there's some sort of smoking ban in bars and restaurants and that somehow includes coffeeshops (aka:shop where they sell weed)

wow. so I can't walk into a coffeeshop and smoke? I'll look this up I don't want to keep pestering you with little questions.

that sucks though.

The bigger shops made a smoking room, but yeah, you can't just toke it up in a shop any more.

The weed thing is a clusterfuck anyway, it's not like it is actually legalized, they just officially tolerate it, every individual is allowed to have 5 gram on their person and is allowed to grow up to 3 plants in their private property. However, this also means that someone delivering weed to a coffeeshop is also only allowed to have 5 grams on him.

So in short: you are allowed to have a lot of weed in your shop, but you are not allowed to bring that weed to your shop unless you want to travel a few hundred times from the seller to your shop. Some coffeeshop holders have been arrested over this.

None of the babyboomers or their children care about all this, though, they like their civilian values too much to protest against anything. Fuck babyboomers. :x

Aldo on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    a hack like Garriott.

Lots of crappy Ultima games too right?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    I dunno, it's just always seemed odd to me that the LBG community would incorporate the transgendered. As if they're the same type of phenomenon. They're not.

Well, the paradigm is basically that you can divide a social line between the people with rigid & traditional views on sex & gender, and those who eschew those traditional views. Consequently, LGBT groups are based not around who they are, but who they are not. They are Not Straight.

It's not a dichotomy. I did not formulate my opinion by specifically eschewing a traditional view. I honestly found those views inherently pathetic as soon as I learnt what logic was, thought about it, read up on the rules and applied it to any opinion people have ever put to me.

It wasn't a conscious case of I'm taking this stance as much as it was "this view does not pass the require criteria to be a view worthy of consideration, 0/100, fail, see me after class for burning, bring own stake"

I'm sure I'm not alone.

Well, unfortunately if this is your position then yes, you are very much alone. If you aren't willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, to find the good in something even if it means looking that much harder, then you're going to be a very lonely person.

It may make you feel "better" about yourself in the short term to not associate yourself with people you disagree with, but all you're doing in the long run is missing out.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh sure, he made some good games back in the days.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    t Vari: they banned shrooms and there's some sort of smoking ban in bars and restaurants and that somehow includes coffeeshops (aka:shop where they sell weed)

wow. so I can't walk into a coffeeshop and smoke? I'll look this up I don't want to keep pestering you with little questions.

that sucks though.

The bigger shops made a smoking room, but yeah, you can't just toke it up in a shop any more.

The weed thing is a clusterfuck anyway, it's not like it is actually legalized, they just officially tolerate it, every individual is allowed to have 5 gram on their person and is allowed to grow up to 3 plants in their private property. However, this also means that someone delivering weed to a coffeeshop is also only allowed to have 5 grams on him.

So in short: you are allowed to have a lot of weed in your shop, but you are not allowed to bring that weed to your shop unless you want to travel a few hundred times from the seller to your shop. Some coffeeshop holders have been arrested over this.

None of the babyboomers or their children care about all this, though, they like their civilian values too much to protest against anything. Fuck babyboomers. :x

If the Dutch can't get debauchery right anymore who can???!!!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Additionally Mikeman all people need a social network of some sort to function happily, I wish we didn't but we do, so the cutting off or seperation even from an excuse to go to places where you can meet people who might understand your view is beyond devastating.

Zimmy I'm messing around I don't hate most people and I don't presume to know anything about them till I get to know them.
    But it sure is nice to think about the stupid people I do know being wipe clean from this pure earth. Mmmmm burning.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

that sucks though.

uh that's nasty. I remember one place there that had a great smoking room, but I don't like that you are away from the working of the shop. what a shame. why don't those people who don't like it just move to any other place in the goddamned world? that was like the one place.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I think the main thing is that most people will live and die stupid and ignorant. Whether they could have been otherwise is up for debate and experiment.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I don't know, MikeMan. It sounds selfish, but the only thing I can really continue to say on the topic is that if you -- at present -- cut the T off of the LGBT, it would go to the wolves. Already-tenuous support networks would crumble. It'd be an enormous setback. It'd be like pushing the movement twenty years into the past.

Where we are right now is a good place. People are starting to come out while they're still young. They're taking action before their fortieth birthday. If you cut away the youth support -- what the separatist movement wants to do, by dissolving LGBT cover-alls into more specific organizations -- you lose that. We go back to the old days, where the rule is that you hear about transpeople in suicide notes or in the dark and forgotten places in society.

We aren't large enough to support ourselves. Most college campuses have a handful of T students, and no more, while having hundreds of students that fit the LGBT bill. Some college campuses have one T student. That's how I was at Montclair.

Without an inclusive LGBT organization, I would not have even made it as far as I did there.

It's not selfish of you to say that, and in my post I did point out that many of the gay friends I have who ARE active in the community are much, much, much more sympathetic to the plight of the transgendered. Whether that sympathy translates into action depends on the person.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This one is much funnier. In fact, I might say it is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Puppy who done did fall on this day.
    pix

I'm not a photographer, I apologize, it is difficult to keep puppies still.

This puppy is fairly cute. I was afraid when you said poodle mix.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I think the main thing is that most people will live and die stupid and ignorant. Whether they could have been otherwise is up for debate and experiment.

Considering the standard definition of stupid, iq level (fuck i hate iq level) can be significantly improved by the correct methods and quality of education, I would say this effect is generalisable to the vast majority of the population.

So much like he said, without all the airy fairy pseudo religious words.

In fact just throw out all his words and use mine. (You can omit "fuck iq level" if you like fuck iq level goddam and fucking job assessment psych tests while you are at it jesus christ)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Stupid is subjective. And ignorant of what? My father's father never finished his Freshman year of high school, was a life-long devoted Catholic, voted a straight D party ticket his whole life, and constantly made jokes about minorities that were in extremely poor taste.

He was also happy, a dedicated husband and father of seven who worked his ass off for more than 50 years to provide for his family, and was one of the most amazing people I've ever known.

You don't know a damn thing about his life, or how he came to become the person he was. Could I be justified in calling you ignorant? I'm not, of course, it's just a rhetorical exercise. But I hope you see my point.

Many Christians are taught to hate the sin, not the sinner. Some Christians are taught not to hate at all, to forgive and let God sort it out. Most don't quite live up to that standard. But virtually all the "angry liberals" I know don't even bother to try separating the person from the belief; they just plain hate, and blame the world for it.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Skippy you have good taste.

TL DR on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I thought that weed was still allowed, but tobacco wasn't allowed.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yayyyyyy Sara is going to leave me something on the Graffiti wall I just installed on Facebook that I just reactivated

:curls up into a ball:

:falls asleep in her happy place:

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I thought that weed was still allowed, but tobacco wasn't allowed.

As it should be. Not just because I enjoy one more than the other, or because marijuana is much easier to grow on a small scale which eliminates the need for megacorporations, or because tobacco kills, but because... Wait, what was I posting about? Oh, yeah, smoke big blunts erryday.

TL DR on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Being ignorant doesn't automatically make you a bad person, it just makes you a potentially dangerous person who can do bad things without realizing it.

And stop with this "liberal" nonsense. I was a Republican until a few years ago.

And yes, I am ignorant of a few billion individuals' lives. And?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Skippy you have good taste.

Thank you, let us share a drink and some mostly-consensual outercourse

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Stupid is subjective. And ignorant of what? My father's father never finished his Freshman year of high school, was a life-long devoted Catholic, voted a straight D party ticket his whole life, and constantly made jokes about minorities that were in extremely poor taste.

He was also happy, a dedicated husband and father of seven who worked his ass off for more than 50 years to provide for his family, and was one of the most amazing people I've ever known.

You don't know a damn thing about his life, or how he came to become the person he was. Could I be justified in calling you ignorant? I'm not, of course, it's just a rhetorical exercise. But I hope you see my point.

Many Christians are taught to hate the sin, not the sinner. Some Christians are taught not to hate at all, to forgive and let God sort it out. Most don't quite live up to that standard. But virtually all the "angry liberals" I know don't even bother to try separating the person from the belief; they just plain hate, and blame the world for it.

Ignorant of what is a good question, is why I only used stupid. Ignorant isn't really a problem unless you know you are ignorant of something and choose to remain that way with a terrible justification. Then you get classified as stupid to me.

That guy is amazing, but proves nothing, since you are angry at I don't know what, the suggestion we think he's stupid? He could be! He can be both and be amazing!

I hate the concept of religion, the idea of seperation from the phsyiological processes of the body and brain and the mystical other that gets classified soul and mixed up with mind.

I hate this concept, absolutely. If I could edit the human collective consciousness I would erase all trace of it without a second thought, without a qualm. I would not even stop to think about the morality of it, lives saved, lives lost. I would just delete it and risk the consequences.

I don't really dislike the people who can't divorce themselves from the concept. I pity them. All my anger is directed specifically at that concept. It is abhorrent to me.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I was really excited a few years ago when I started becoming more liberal, because I did so in an academic setting where the keystone was tolerance for others' lifestyles and ways of viewing the world.

Then I met people in the real world who identify as liberals, and learned that they are just as angry and mean as conservatives, just about different issues (which I happen to agree with more).

I like the academic brand of liberalism much better.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I was really excited a few years ago when I started becoming more liberal, because I did so in an academic setting where the keystone was tolerance for others' lifestyles and ways of viewing the world.

Then I met people in the real world who identify as liberals, and learned that they are just as angry and mean as conservatives, just about different issues (which I happen to agree with more).

People will always be people.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I like not branding how I think and reject others who do on the grounds that they will get something wrong and they can just deal with not being able to pigeon hole me.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love when intercourse is mostly consensual

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

D:

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

As opposed to non-consensual, or as opposed to completely-consensual?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    12:29PDT: Ideal apartments are listed on Craigslist.
    12:33PDT: Sara messages me. I gush with her, and with you guys, for some time.
    1:03PDT: I go back to checking Craigslist. I call re: the ideal apartments.
    1:05PDT: They are all sold out already. The renter apologizes. He never sees them go this fast.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need food!

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »
    I need food!

Me too. There is nothing in the house to eat :(

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    1:05PDT: They are all sold out already. The renter apologizes. He never sees them go this fast.

I'd say ITT: Apartment hunting sucks, but it sucks all of the time, so it wouldn't be accurate.

Edit: Also: That sucks :(

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mmm $14 chicken salad

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »
    I need food!

Me too. There is nothing in the house to eat :(

I have Kimchi. The working man's noodle!

James on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »

I'd say ITT: Apartment hunting sucks, but it sucks all of the time, so it wouldn't be accurate.

Edit: Also: That sucks :(

Well, it would be accurate, just meaningless.

Like saying ITT: People talk about stuff.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.