Options

[Chat] Tight

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I got pirate shot glasses. They are ridiculous huge. (pac man shot is a normal size)

shotGlasses.jpg

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    I'M A KENNEDY! WE'RE NOT ACCUSTOMED TO TRAGEDY!

Okay I really have to get off the computer now

The doctor I saw looked exactly like the pictures I've seen of you. It was weird.

Angry and two-dimensional?

She was the nicest person there. The X-ray tech was a bully, the pulmonologist looked like he wanted to kill himself, and the registry lady was curt and unfriendly. Northside Hospital is rather known for shitty service and poor bedside manners.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »
    So I got pirate shot glasses. They are ridiculous huge. (pac man shot is a normal size)

[omg]http://mrflippy.net/images/shotGlasses.jpg[/omg]

YOU GIVE ME BACK MY MOUSEPAD

Echo on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm uhh.... I'm going to go run on the treadmill until it's time for my next dosing, and then I'll probably just run on the treadmill some more. God, so much energy.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like that Pac-Man shot glass.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Every hospital south of the Mason-Dixon line is rather known for shitty service and poor bedside manners.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I got pirate shot glasses. They are ridiculous huge.

Pirates like large quantities of rum.

You should make grog at home. It is gross.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    So, I was getting really frustrated, because I couldn't find anyplace that offered helpful information on this.

Then I found a link to my local Gay and Lesbian health center. Free STD testing on a walk-in basis, lots of helpful information.

They said they help Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transsexual folks (although anybody is welcome), but do you suppose they'll care if I haven't actually been with a dude in like a year?

What are they gonna do? Deny you? Of course not.

Dude, VH, you've fucked a boy. You're bi. Or if you're not, you're close enough to it.

I know this wont help but I can't help but say it. Vh go and get a goddam test because your life is worth much more than an abstract social construct like pride, shame, dignity, duty or honor.

Alright. You are a human fucking being made of flesh and blood like everyone else you deserve to live. Go fucking get one anywhere you can and goddam lie if you have to if they're a fucked up enough institution that they discriminate for any reason, because they don't deserve the respect of the truth to judge between human life like that.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I mean Christ I'm still in disbelief of the fact that the community hospital here doesn't have a doctor on staff on Sundays

oh, that's the Lord's day

but don't you worry, we can just call his telephone, dearie

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm uhh.... I'm going to go run on the treadmill until it's time for my next dosing, and then I'll probably just run on the treadmill some more. God, so much energy.

It's weird, because it's really just your body using up your reserves more. The energy isn't being pumped into you from someplace else. You're just using more of it than normal because your brain is telling you to.

Drugs are a strange thing.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ugh... upset stomach.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I know this wont help but I can't help but say it. Vh go and get a goddam test because your life is worth much more than an abstract social construct like pride, shame, dignity, duty or honor.
    Like I said, there are technically very small but very not-abstract reasons to take your testing/not take your testing at particular clinics. Honestly, given where VH lives, if he calls the county health office instead of trying to do the research himself he would probably have a list of a dozen places offering subsidized or insurance-covered testing. He has a choice. :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I mean Christ I'm still in disbelief of the fact that the community hospital here doesn't have a doctor on staff on Sundays

That's a gp clinic, not a hospital. I don't care what they put on their door.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    that's a cool pirate thingiemajig.

Aldo on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

It's weird, because it's really just your body using up your reserves more. The energy isn't being pumped into you from someplace else. You're just using more of it than normal because your brain is telling you to.

Well, "energy" in the terms of the human body isn't so much a tank of gas or a resource to be consumed as it is a biochemical state.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Honestly, given where VH lives, if he calls the county health office instead of trying to do the research himself he would probably have a list of a dozen places offering subsidized or insurance-covered testing. He has a choice. :P

This.

Feral on

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

So, the thinking here is, what, that people don't get sick while they're at church?

japan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Like I said, there are technically very small but very not-abstract reasons to take your testing/not take your testing at particular clinics. Honestly, given where VH lives, if he calls the county health office instead of trying to do the research himself he would probably have a list of a dozen places offering subsidized or insurance-covered testing. He has a choice. :P

I missed that sorry, was involved in the great fluffy dog debate. What are these non abstract reasons? I'd assume them but the minute of American life has proven significantly different to australian in ways that constantly surprises me.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I like that Pac-Man shot glass.

I got the full set!
    pacManShots.jpg

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I missed that sorry, was involved in the great fluffy dog debate. What are these non abstract reasons? I'd assume them but the minute of American life has proven significantly different to australian in ways that constantly surprises me.

The short answer is that our medical system is incredibly fucked-up and our "network" (if it could be called that) of resources for poor and underserved populations is patchy and convoluted at best.

In this particular case, a clinic offering free services needs to have what's called a Scope of Care that limits their liability and expenditures. They only have so much staff and so much money to provide services, so they might need to limit it to specific populations that aren't getting well-served by other clinics or hospitals in the area. Going in to one of these clinics and lying to get service is basically taking money away from somebody else who might need it.

That said, VH wouldn't be lying. This is a clinic for queer people, and VH is not entirely straight. He's part of their Scope of Care.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    japan wrote: »

So, the thinking here is, what, that people don't get sick while they're at church?
    I think it's more that the private hospital is right across the street, and they just route the state medical patients and their ambulances to the private hospital on Sundays. And, since the care is provided regardless of where it is, they're going to get care there, but ... I don't know what that means for their insurance. I get the impression it's not good, because I have no insurance there and I would've had quite a hefty account if I had gone to the private hospital instead of the community.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The short answer is that our medical system is incredibly fucked-up and our "network" (if it could be called that) of resources for poor and underserved populations is patchy and convoluted at best.

In this particular case, a clinic offering free services needs to have what's called a Scope of Care that limits their liability and expenditures. They only have so much staff and so much money to provide services, so they might need to limit it to specific populations that aren't getting well-served by other clinics or hospitals in the area. Going in to one of these clinics and lying to get service is basically taking money away from somebody else who might need it.

Wow.

I literally can just go into a gp and get it all done and sent to a lab on government health care for free. I might have to wait all afternoon if the line is long and that's about it.

I really did not know that, thanks for the info, will help me advise americans in the future.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well, "energy" in the terms of the human body isn't so much a tank of gas or a resource to be consumed as it is a biochemical state.

Not exactly how I would describe it, but I know what you mean.

Energy is, quite literally, the amount of sugars we can convert into elecrical energy for our muscles and brain functions. This comes from the food we intake and nothing else.

"Energy" as a feeling is merely a biochemical state. This is why (to use an outdated model) "Type A" people feel more energetic, etc. Your energetic feeling is not necessarily tied to or related to the amount of reserves you have stored up in fat cells or your digestive tract. This is why drugs like meth can make you feel energetic even as your body destroys itself after constant use.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The Ingredients of Grog:

Kerosene
    Propylene Glycol
    Artificial Sweeteners
    Sulphuric Acid
    Rum
    Acetone
    Red Dye No 2
    Scumm
    Axle Grease
    Battery Acid
    and/or pepperoni.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Energy is, quite literally, the amount of sugars we can convert into elecrical energy for our muscles and brain functions. This comes from the food we intake and nothing else.

"Energy" as a feeling is merely a biochemical state. This is why (to use an outdated model) "Type A" people feel more energetic, etc. Your energetic feeling is not necessarily tied to or related to the amount of reserves you have stored up in fat cells or your digestive tract. This is why drugs like meth can make you feel energetic even as your body destroys itself after constant use.

If you wanna be pedantic mikeman it's not electrical. It's chemical.
    There's no such process as conventional electricity within say a copper wire in the human body. It's significantly more complicated.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yeah exactly.

I know my comment wasn't exactly revolutionary, it was pretty obvious.

Technically, a 400-pound guy who sits around all day is going to have more "energy" than a 120-pound guy with 10% body fat who runs a mile every day because fat is just stored energy.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008

electrochemical then

sheesh!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You forgot the salt

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

electrochemical then

sheesh!

Is that even a word?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »

The Ingredients of Grog:

Kerosene
    Propylene Glycol
    Artificial Sweeteners
    Sulphuric Acid
    Rum
    Acetone
    Red Dye No 2
    Scumm
    Axle Grease
    Battery Acid
    and/or pepperoni.
    This is not true.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »

The Ingredients of Grog:

Kerosene
    Propylene Glycol
    Artificial Sweeteners
    Sulphuric Acid
    Rum
    Acetone
    Red Dye No 2
    Scumm
    Axle Grease
    Battery Acid
    and/or pepperoni.
    This is not true.

Is too! I have video proof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYsLrdq-eQ

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Is that even a word?

it is now!

just call me Shakespeare

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yeah exactly.

I know my comment wasn't exactly revolutionary, it was pretty obvious.

Technically, a 400-pound guy who sits around all day is going to have more "energy" than a 120-pound guy with 10% body fat who runs a mile every day because fat is just stored energy.

Doesn't that depend on their relative altitudes as well?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Har Har Har

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah. For the most drastic example, funding for trans- concerns is extremely short-handed and, because incidence of HIV in urban trans- populations is also among the highest for any demographic in the nation (in 2000, among black transpeople in New York City, incidence of HIV/AIDS was over 50%), care for the trans- population is often dictated by whether you have HIV/AIDS or not.

[All examples here from NYC] There are housing subsidies, but their Scope of Care limits them to working with HIV+. There are hormone subsidies, but they're limited to people who illegally acquired and injected hormones once or more, giving them a similar expiration date if not put on proper medical care. There are counseling services, but their staff prioritize and if you're not one of the demographics staring death in the eye, you're not likely to ever see anyone. These clinics also tend to offer more mundane services, but their entire string of benefits is typically exhausted within the first three weeks of the month. I was only in NYC for one month, but the other crashers at my emergency shelter [Sylvia's Place, a shelter specifically for LGBT youth] said that it was a pretty common sight to see the clinics closed in all capacities for the last one or two weeks of the month.

That said, VH wouldn't be lying. This is a clinic for queer people, and VH is not entirely straight. He's part of their Scope of Care.
    :|

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    US healthcare, more like US failcare, eh eh EH?

Aldo on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I'm going to have to do it at a later date, because unless I pay a heap of money, the results aren't going to come in before she gets here, and I don't really have time to go to a clinic this week, I was just going to squeeze it in sometime.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    :|

Why the emoticon?

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    US healthcare, more like US failcare, eh eh EH?

boooo

get off the stage!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Is that even a word?

it is now!

just call me Shakespeare

Since I am bound by logic currently you win because there's no reason why a word cannot be made up as long as it is defined.

Wait define electrochemical. I have a chance!

Morninglord on
This discussion has been closed.