Options

[Chat] Tight

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love when intercourse is mostly consensual

In a "No, No, No, Yes, Yes!" kind of way, or what?

japan on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mmm $14 chicken salad

This is linked to your last statement isn't it.

Isn't it.

Moral judgement moral judgement raaaar.

What else besides chicken does it have in it?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, now my eyes are doing that thing where when I get really stressed they spasm every thirty seconds or so. Like, the eye just shoots from left to right, and then resets. And it just keeps happening. And I'm so frustrated.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Being ignorant doesn't automatically make you a bad person, it just makes you a potentially dangerous person who can do bad things without realizing it.

And stop with this "liberal" nonsense. I was a Republican until a few years ago.

And yes, I am ignorant of a few billion individuals' lives. And?

And, nothing really. Partly talking out my ass here; bad headache, so bear with me.

Basically my point is that we, collectively, have a bad habit of defining sub-groups of people we don't like by ignoring the things we have in common. Entire communities become caricatured because it's easier to understand someone who opposes your beliefs if you think of them as being different on some fundamental level. It's human nature to feel this way, and we all do it, myself included. But it's in our best interest to recognize when we are judging too harshly, and try to find some kind of commonality instead, because if you can find common ground then you can begin to address those differences. Obviously you can't teach someone your point of view if you ignore them, but sometimes I think people forget that it's not that simple. You have to be willing to listen too, which not everybody is willing to do. I find that unfortunate.

Anyway my head's a little fuzzy ATM so I'll shut up now.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    12:29PDT: Ideal apartments are listed on Craigslist.
    12:33PDT: Sara messages me. I gush with her, and with you guys, for some time.
    1:03PDT: I go back to checking Craigslist. I call re: the ideal apartments.
    1:05PDT: They are all sold out already. The renter apologizes. He never sees them go this fast.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'd say ITT: Apartment hunting sucks, but it sucks all of the time, so it wouldn't be accurate.

Edit: Also: That sucks :(

Well, it would be accurate, just meaningless.

Like saying ITT: People talk about stuff.
    True. The same holds true for saying ITT about anything in a thread really though.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Being ignorant doesn't automatically make you a bad person, it just makes you a potentially dangerous person who can do bad things without realizing it.

And stop with this "liberal" nonsense. I was a Republican until a few years ago.

And, nothing really. Partly talking out my ass here; bad headache, so bear with me.

Basically my point is that we, collectively, have a bad habit of defining sub-groups of people we don't like by ignoring the things we have in common. Entire communities become caricatured because it's easier to understand someone who opposes your beliefs if you think of them as being different on some fundamental level. It's human nature to feel this way, and we all do it, myself included. But it's in our best interest to recognize when we are judging too harshly, and try to find some kind of commonality instead, because if you can find common ground then you can begin to address those differences. Obviously you can't teach someone your point of view if you ignore them, but sometimes I think people forget that it's not that simple. You have to be willing to listen too, which not everybody is willing to do. I find that unfortunate.

It's cool man, I admire you for taking a stand against what you saw as illogic statements, but as the instigator of your rage let me assure you I am absolutely talking out my ass with a giant cheeky grin just like my av and icen was just coming along for the ride.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    1:05PDT: They are all sold out already. The renter apologizes. He never sees them go this fast.

I'd say ITT: Apartment hunting sucks, but it sucks all of the time, so it wouldn't be accurate.

True. The same holds true for saying ITT about anything in a thread really though.
    I think ITT should be reserved for clever statements.

Like "ITT: Eddy is a rapist" or something.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    On the other hand, I think all of you are inhuman trash that poison our society.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's pretty much at the same level as getting so annoyed at a forum you put bracket in every post. Although I can perfectly understand that and found it really, really amusing.
    But it sure does make it easier to work out some of the context of the title since I don't want to read every G&T thread.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    On the other hand, I think all of you are inhuman trash that poison our society.
    Well, everyone thinks that about me

that means they're right, yeah? :P

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I try my very best to poison society.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Right on Big* B!

Let us wipe clean the infidels together! Only using fire, the truth of the world!

You should give up your filthy poison ways first, naturally.

*ot

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's pretty much at the same level as getting so annoyed at a forum you put bracket in every post. Although I can perfectly understand that and found it really, really amusing.
    But it sure does make it easier to work out some of the context of the title since I don't want to read every G&T thread.
    ITT: ITT

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

No they fucking don't. I'm not letting that one slide. I exist.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You know, it's hard for me to even jokingly say things like that when they're directed at a specific person.

Bama on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Every time I see ITT I'm reminded of ITT tech, and I want to know what the T's stand for.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ITT: The set of all sets is a member of itself.

Bama on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    huh, my dad was vomiting and now I'm all worried I ate something bad as well.

I haaaaaaaate vomiting, it makes me feel even sicker.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You know, it's hard for me to even jokingly say things like that when they're directed at a specific person.
    I AM SOCIETY'S GREATEST ILL

AND I LOOK GREAT

It's okay, I'll say it for you. I take pride in it, just like Eddy. We're going to start a tandem act, soon. "Cocksucker and Cockchopper."

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I cannot do it at all and vehemently go the other way bad Oboro! No biscuit!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ITT: The set of all sets is a member of itself.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Want me to tell you bout last time I had food poisoning Aldo?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Every time I see ITT I'm reminded of ITT tech, and I want to know what the T's stand for.

Same here actually.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I thought I solved it once, then I realized that "Tech" comes after the "ITT" part. So the word "Technology" isn't one of them.

What the hell?

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Want me to tell you bout last time I had food poisoning Aldo?
    please don't.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's the wrong words and you know it. It's got nothing to do with you Oboro. I exist independantly of you and don't think you are trash. Deal with it, it's a fact.

Ok I'm done.

Also re itt my mind exploded and then sort of braked to a stop and gathered it all back in and soothed itself and said it's ok sweety, it's ok, it's just logic, it makes sense.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I thought I solved it once, then I realized that "Tech" comes after the "ITT" part. So the word "Technology" isn't one of them.

What the hell?
    That's where I begin. And then I think "Isn't tech short for Technical Institute? So what's the I?"

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I try my very best to poison society.

Well, you are gay...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's cool man, I admire you for taking a stand against what you saw as illogic statements, but as the instigator of your rage let me assure you I am absolutely talking out my ass with a giant cheeky grin just like my av and icen was just coming along for the ride.

Well, that's fine, but honestly I think your attitudes with regard to religion are extremely unhelpful. As someone who has spent a fair amount of time (with remarkable success) getting conservative, fundamentalist Christians to slowly reconsider their positions, you don't get anywhere by attacking their belief structure out of hand.

Religious fundamentalism is symptomatic of a small mind, not its cause, but that too can be changed with time and effort. Many people when exposed to reasonable, sincere arguments that challenge their preconceptions will take the time to rethink their beliefs. But in introducing new principles you need to reconcile them with their faith, not try to tear it down. If you fail to do this, even if the person changes their views, you'll be left with someone who is truly faithless, and often quite angry. This doesn't do anybody any good.

Don't try to teach people that faith is bunk. That way lies only more pain, anger, and resentment. Teach them that faith can mean something different, something freeing and inclusive and malleable.

That is how you win hearts and minds.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Information Technology

Trainer?

Transvestite?

Tequila?

Tenpin?

Turtle?

Tortoise?

Ten?

Teeth?

Teachers?

Travesty?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Once you guys figure out what the initialism in ITT Tech stands for, can you please tell me what University of Maryland University College is? I think it's a school or something but I'm not certain.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's the wrong words and you know it. It's got nothing to do with you Oboro. I exist independantly of you and don't think you are trash. Deal with it, it's a fact.

Ok I'm done.

Also re itt my mind exploded and then sort of braked to a stop and gathered it all back in and soothed itself and said it's ok sweety, it's ok, it's just logic, it makes sense.
    R{} !U R{} -> !r{R}

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

AND I LOOK GREAT

It's okay, I'll say it for you. I take pride in it, just like Eddy. We're going to start a tandem act, soon. "Cocksucker and Cockchopper."

i'll wear a tux and be slightly drunk

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

What the hell?
    That's where I begin. And then I think "Isn't tech short for Technical Institute? So what's the I?"

"Ingeniously Torturous Trap Tech"?

I'm trying to think of a synonym for conundrum that starts with T...

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

AND I LOOK GREAT

i'll wear a tux and be slightly drunk
    I'll wear a mini and sit on the laps of men who are drunk

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

What the hell?

Maybe it's French and abbreviated like how SI stand for International System of Units even though there are not enough letters and they're in the wrong order.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man, I've been getting bottom page'd all day today.

Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well, that's fine, but honestly I think your attitudes with regard to religion are extremely unhelpful. As someone who has spent a fair amount of time (with remarkable success) getting conservative, fundamentalist Christians to slowly reconsider their positions, you don't get anywhere by attacking their belief structure out of hand.

Religious fundamentalism is symptomatic of a small mind, not its cause, but that too can be changed with time and effort. Many people when exposed to reasonable, sincere arguments that challenge their preconceptions will take the time to rethink their beliefs. But in introducing new principles you need to reconcile them with their faith, not try to tear it down. If you fail to do this, even if the person changes their views, you'll be left with someone who is truly faithless, and often quite angry. This doesn't do anybody any good.

Don't try to teach people that faith is bunk. That way lies only more pain, anger, and resentment. Teach them that faith can mean something different, something freeing and inclusive and malleable.

That is how you win hearts and minds.

I don't actually try to change anyone's mind regarding a religion. I interpret what they are saying in terms of more helpful practical stuff, but if they want to believe in a god I will take no action. I just seethe.
    Nobody is going to care what I say about it on here though, or be convinced by me. It's too impersonal for something like that.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Maybe the ITT program teaches you what ITT means.

And then your brain explodes.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Once you guys figure out what the initialism in ITT Tech stands for, can you please tell me what University of Maryland University College is? I think it's a school or something but I'm not certain.

UMD UC is mostly for non-traditional students.

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.