As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Persona 4: Relationships are the Devil.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rust wrote: »
    Concerning the IS patch, does anyone get sound for the opening FMV?

Everything else seems golden except for that one niggle and I'd like to know if it's intentional or just a bug I'll have to overlook.

It works for me.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I dislike Chie's VA massively. Ugh. What a poor choice. She sounds like a character from Chaos Wars.

She seriously sounds too old. Yukiko's seems pretty good, although I didn't like the way she did the second vid.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Rust wrote: »
    Concerning the IS patch, does anyone get sound for the opening FMV?

Everything else seems golden except for that one niggle and I'd like to know if it's intentional or just a bug I'll have to overlook.

It works for me.

Yeah, it turned out that ePSXe's default settings make the game run like it's on crack and that makes the poor FMV-sound suffer as it tries to keep up. I tweaked the video settings and all is well again.

Now I just have to hope it won't shit the bed when I get into a battle or something.

Rust on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chie sounded a bit older than I thought, but thinking about it, I know several girls in real life that had an older sounding voice around that age, so it's not that odd to me.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chie's voice is fine. Yukiko's wasn't what I was expecting, but it was not bad.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I dislike Chie's VA massively. Ugh. What a poor choice. She sounds like a character from Chaos Wars.
    This.

As for Yukiko, her voice sounded tolerable I guess. But I'm biased because I love her Japanese VA.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chie comes across like how a mature kung-fu geek would sound, as opposed to the hyper fangirl type.

Keep in mind I'm fine with her dub voice.

And shame to whoever sided with Mother 3 over Innocent Sin.

You're on the list

s320x240

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited October 2008
    I still say that she sounds like she's 30.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm thinking it might be deliberate.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I side with Mother 3 on music. But everything else is going to Innocent Sin for now.

Although Mother 3 has a pretty goddamn impressive plot. So that one's a tie, I think.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »

I side with Mother 3 on music. But everything else is going to Innocent Sin for now.

Although Mother 3 has a pretty goddamn impressive plot. So that one's a tie, I think.

I want to know how the translator worked with that one line in Mother 3. You know the one.
    I am eternal. Remember that. So I'll watch over this new world for you. The world that will exist when all the people who hate me are dead.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Atlus put it better than I could:
    the key to Chie's personality IMO isn't "perky" but "tomboy." She has a deeper voice than Yukiko or Rise to play up her down-to-earth personality compared to Yukiko's refinement and Rise's flirtatiousness.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Or the perky voice could play as a stark contrast to that down-to-earth nature, which, by mirroring the way her personality contrasts her gender, only further emphasizes something something.

Basically, I didn't like it. I liked her delivery of 'dammit,' though.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Look, if I have the choice between "so goddamned high pitched that only DOGS can fully understand what is being said" and "normal, appropriate, human female" I know which one I'm going to choose.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chie's still miles better than Fuuka or Journey Aigis.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited October 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Look, if I have the choice between "so goddamned high pitched that only DOGS can fully understand what is being said" and "normal, appropriate, human female" I know which one I'm going to choose.

Yeah, but when you're hanging so far up on that cross, does it really matter what anybody sounds like so far down below?

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I'm really martyring myself here.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In any case, I think it's totally wrong to call her voice work "Chaos Wars" quality. It may not sound what people were expecting, but it's not badly acted.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I actually don't mind her voice, prefer it really. Though I also hate the high-pitched japanese schoolgirl voice that is so common in anime, so that may be why.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    After watching it again, it's alright but it would have been better if they picked different types of clips to show off (Two were of when she was upset/angryish so I couldnt really get a good idea if the VA fits or not.)

Adellios on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chie comes across like how a mature kung-fu geek would sound, as opposed to the hyper fangirl type.

You're on the list

s320x240

I'd play Innocent Sin more if there were any decent walkthroughs anywhere. I'm not sure what Personae to get whatsoever :(, and the Contact system is a pain in the ass.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

You're on the list

s320x240

I'd play Innocent Sin more if there were any decent walkthroughs anywhere. I'm not sure what Personae to get whatsoever :(, and the Contact system is a pain in the ass.

I'm getting by just fine with the starters so far. I didn't use a guide for Eternal Punishment(shy of occasionally bugging this thread for advice), and that worked out.

And Contact is really just trial and error. Especially with the answers to the demons' questions. They're so random, they might as well not matter at all.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting by just fine with the starters so far. I didn't use a guide for Eternal Punishment(shy of occasionally bugging this thread for advice), and that worked out.

And Contact is really just trial and error. Especially with the answers to the demons' questions. They're so random, they might as well not matter at all.
    Are you at least using Mediarama this time, cj?

I can't imagine just sticking to the starters this time around. No Wind spells is a killer for Fusions.

semi-spoilers:
    Also, the Custom ones are...pretty lackluster this time around. They're not really any better than any other Persona you can get at the same point and, really, are generally worse since they all tend to just get multiple spells of the same element, which you can't offset with spellcards.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm only at the Zodiac, so the starters are good enough for now.

It seems like the only Persona even remotely within reach are Pixie and Ghost at this point.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I had a brand new lineup by then :lol:

Come on, at least change Maya's! Or Yukki's!

edit: Wait, no. Zodiac's the second dungeon, right? Ignore me then, I didn't have a full new lineup until the fourth. Although, honestly, you could maybe do worse things than putting Pixie on Yukki for a couple dungeons. Having access to Wind spells will unlock the other two single target Fusions (Wind and Earth), plus another Media user. Then, switch her to Kimnara on level 10.

Also, putting a Magna card on a Surya (level 13 Sun) will keep Tatsuya incredibly versatile for a very long time.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just be sure to get Hel and Tengu as soon as you're high enough. Those two are still useful to me in the mid thirties right now. Hel is a fusion beast and Tengu can stunlock/kill an entire group with baptism by thunder.

Ratmike on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yes. Hel is essential for fusions. She gets every element (except Light and Electric, but you can stick a Jio card on her for that), so can combo with everything.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    FES get.
    I may be gone for a little while.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    FES get.
    I may be gone for a little while.
    Oh, that reminds me. Out of curiosity, I just checked the date that I got Persona 3 and the date I beat it by looking over old forum posts.

It was exactly two weeks. I finished it with 85 hours on the clock.

D:D:D:

Elendil on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow, I'm at 54 hours and I started it in late August!

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I think I was at 103 when I beat P3 proper.

The spell name changes in Innocent Sin are going to get confusing. Most are the same, but there's the occasional difference.

And Anima Mundi > Rosa Candida.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The first time I beat P3 I was somewhere between 90 and 110 hours, can't recall exactly.

I think for The Journey in P3F I came in at 90 hours. But I was on Hard so add like 15 hours of reloads to that.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I just found a ton of spell cards in Zodiac 2F.

Spreading a rumor connected to a dungeon should be priority 1.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I mentioned this before, but I clocked around 150 hours on my first playthrough of P3. I left my PS2 on for a couple of hours a few times, but most of that was actual gameplay. It doesn't help when I had to spend an hour or two each time I fused something. (You all know you do it too.)

There are too many good things coming out. I think I'm going to wait until X-Mas break to play Innocent Sin.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Gemini & co. sure didn't skimp on the profanity.

wtf.jpg

Not even Nocturne's characters talked like that.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So, P3, tenth shadow spoilars.
    Shinji :cry:

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So is Innocent Sin as difficult as Eternal Punishment, and is the early difficulty setting me up for a fall? Because it's been a breeze so far.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm pretty close to the end, and so far it's been nowhere close to being as hard as EP.

Ratmike on
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gemini & co. sure didn't skimp on the profanity.

wtf.jpg

Not even Nocturne's characters talked like that.

"Yo dawg! That was some tight shit!"

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The Bomb Shelter is going to be a nightmare this time around.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png