• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    gabe's got a dick suckin' face in panel 3

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also a claw hammer, it does just about everything a crowbar can, plus drives in nails better.

Melding on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Alright, but let's say I want to kill a zombie; how many hits with a crowbar will it take to do enough damage to the brain to count as "destroying" it?

I mean, if I have the choice I'm gonna want to have its head off and be done with the whole thing

if you're fighting a zombie that depends on its brain, you would just need to do the kind of damage that would render the brain unusable, I would think

the same as on a normal, non-zombie person

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    depends on the type of zombie we're talking

we're talking infected human-like living zombie, one solid hit should at the very least disable them

we're talking zombies that are dead but their brains are still some semblance of alive, probably pretty similar to human types

retarded zombies where the brain has to be completely destroyed for some reason, it'll take some work

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If you have to fight a zombie with a melee weapon you're fucked anyway. Just drop it and run.

Unless you're like a ninja or something, but I very much doubt many of you are highly skilled hand to hand combatants.

Melding on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man this conversation is making me think that the best zombie-killing melee weapon would be a goddamn morning star.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Harrier wrote: »
    Man this conversation is making me think that the best zombie-killing melee weapon would be a goddamn morning star.

those things are really hard to control, and if the chain breaks you are screwed

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Or just a warhammer

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    morning star =/= a flail

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Melding wrote: »
    Also a claw hammer, it does just about everything a crowbar can, plus drives in nails better.

oh yeah a little hammer. truly the best weapon a man can use

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    the best anti zombie melee weapon is running the fuck away. Don't be a hero, run away, shoot when you have to.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm telling you guys, a baseball bat with nails in it

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i think it's fairly universally assumed you're only fighting when running away is impossible

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm telling you guys, a baseball bat with nails in it

not a bad choice. but baseball bats still break.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    nails would probably get stuck at the most inopportune time. Also, a spade would also be a decent idea, can use it as a keep away stick and bury your dead, and make pit falls and stuff.

Using real weapons is for ninnies, use tools made to take a beating.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Unless you had armor on or something

Which makes me suddenly wonder: how the hell did Tony Stark get infected in Marvel Zombies?

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    pit falls... where? we're talking about a city. I mean, if you plan to hideout in a childrens playground maybe

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Zombie gods and Captain americas

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, are these Science Zombies, or Voodoo Zombies we're talking about?

Because if it's the latter you might be safe on hallowed ground.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I dont think any zombies have ever cared about hallowed ground. thats vampires

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh i wasn't reading the previous conversation, i just chimed in with thing i would do. But you could like, hide out in a park, cities have those right? Live in a tree or something?

I still stick with if you're forced to use a melee weapon your odds of survival are low anyway, so use something you can comfortably carry and is useful outside of being a weapon.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh i wasn't reading the previous conversation, i just chimed in with thing i would do. But you could like, hide out in a park, cities have those right? Live in a tree or something?

I still stick with if you're forced to use a melee weapon your odds of survival are low anyway, so use something you can comfortably carry and is useful outside of being a weapon.
    I'm pretty sure zombies can climb trees.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    well i mean you're obviously trying to get out of the city unless you plan on hanging out on the roof of a skyscraper slowly going insane

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Harrier wrote: »

I'm pretty sure zombies can climb trees.

I'm not sure they're coordinated enough

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    well i mean you're obviously trying to get out of the city unless you plan on hanging out on the roof of a skyscraper slowly going insane

sitting on top of a wal mart, plinking zombies with a BB gun sounds like fun though. just bring up a tent and shitloads of water and food

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

hide in a park? seriously?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Depends on the zombie really, Romero types could barely handle the complexity known as stairs, while return of the living dead types could use radios. Speculations and all that. It'd still buy you a few seconds and let you jab at them with impunity while they try to climb up.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    God, there is just no sunny side to a zombie apocalypse.

In Highschool of the Dead they speculate that the corpses will rot to bone in the heat of summer, but the story starts in mid-winter... and hell, it might not even be true.

Harrier on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Where else do you purpose to hide? Popular shopping center? down town hospital? Police station? subway system? You could do worse then the park as a temporary hide out, depending on the season. Clearly if you plan to STAY in the city, that's a different story, but it's also a terrible idea.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would stay on a boat, ideally. a big cruise liner all to myself

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I plan to stay in the middle of nowhere above the frost belt. The freezing and thawing of zombies would probably make them dead quicker, and since I can see everything for miles around, it's harder for them to sneak up.

Melding on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    People always top rate the katana as zombie melee weapon number one, but wouldn't an axe be better in a layman's hands?
    absolutely not, an axe will easily get stuck in skulls

Yeah, unless one splits the fucker wide open, I guess that is what would happen. I guess I gotta go with the blunt weapon crowd then.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That is an amazing comic

really quite amazing

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I just realized I haven't looked at the comic yet

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's pretty good. I think you might like it.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    yeah I checked it out. its pretty rad. I was thinking it was going to be about zombies though

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    yeah I checked it out. its pretty rad. I was thinking it was going to be about zombies though

We started discussing the effectiveness of fictional weapons and, well
    we ended up on zombies

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I fully expect to be cursed and banished when Tube logs in some time later today.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I could see how you would make that conclusion. Though technically, wouldn't Arthas be a zombie? Actually, never mind.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Someone brought up the LOTR swords earlier, and they really are magnificent in an elegant, understated way. Their designs make sense, and even have some very cool features (Anduril's tang seems to become its pommel).

Harrier on
This discussion has been closed.