Options

Cock juggling thunder [chat]

• Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Half of my family is Catholic purely through marriage and having babies with Catholics, so I appreciate the tangent Zimmy.

It's kinda like a chronic infection, except instead of prescribing antibiotics they give you bread and booze.

Pfft. Wine is not booze.

Bread and... um... circuses?

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    japan wrote: »
    To be fair, the public holidays ("bank" holidays) are a quirk of my employer, usually they're rolled into four weeks paid holiday entitlement.

I've never worked anywhere that specified a certain number of sick days, though.

That must be nice.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I got 4 from the moment I started.

But my company's pretty cool like that.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, so Sarks was just assuming everyone else had the same job that he has and judging them based on that.

Makes sense.

And has one of those bosses who makes everyone feel needed. So much life stops if they aren't around.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Well I don't feel guilt over anything that doesn't directly hurt another person, so I guess the joke's on him.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    japan you have an awesome job.

James on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Not to mention paid vacation time. Don't most full time positions offer that?

Mine offers four weeks, not including sick days. It's pretty much awesome.

Isn't four weeks the usual amount?

In the US it's two weeks for a full-time position. It's a horribly small amount by western standards.

man, I started at 3, it grows to 5

I get 4, grows to something like 6. But I work for the Finns. :)

Doc on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    To be fair, the public holidays ("bank" holidays) are a quirk of my employer, usually they're rolled into four weeks paid holiday entitlement.

I've never worked anywhere that specified a certain number of sick days, though.

That must be nice.

The idea of a given amount of sick days per year strikes me as slightly weird. It's not like you can plan your sickness around a schedule or something.

japan on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Res wrote: »
    Well I don't feel guilt over anything that doesn't directly hurt another person, so I guess the joke's on him.
    I'm sure there's a weird fetish or something in there

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »

call out 3 days, work 1 day, call out 3 days, work 1 day.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, so Sarks was just assuming everyone else had the same job that he has and judging them based on that.

Makes sense.

And has one of those bosses who makes everyone feel needed. So much life stops if they aren't around.

When I get a Real Job in the Real World and thus am a Real Person I will judge my success in life by how much I am missed at my job if I take a day off.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

That must be nice.

The idea of a given amount of sick days per year strikes me as slightly weird. It's not like you can plan your sickness around a schedule or something.

If I'm sick more then 3 times in a 6 month period I go on a write up. Only way I don't is if I'm on FMLA.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

That must be nice.

It's a bit of prevention of people using sick days whenever they feel like it. You can still do that with a fixed small number of days, but in the event you do get sick you no longer have those to use up.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    people taking time off to do something they enjoy?

MADNESS

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just watched the new 30 Rock

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I get to choose my hours and hardly ever see my immediate superior.

I just don't get a lot of paid vacation.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Makes sense.

When I get a Real Job in the Real World and thus am a Real Person I will judge my success in life by how much I am missed at my job if I take a day off.

See I disagree with this. Convenience store clerk, might be the only person there, so if he calls out the manager has to go in. Where as office worker, might just have to work a little harder to get a project in.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Makes sense.

I work a shift all by my lonesome, which is actually awesome because I can surf the web or listen to music or bust out a PSP in my downtime, but it also means somebody else has to come in on a completely different shift than they normally work if I do take time off, so I try not to.

The job is so easy though that I don't really care.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

That must be nice.

Ok so I'm an idiot. Is japan saying he has 20 days vacation, and 0 holidays because he has to work during the (for example) 10 holiday days, and those ten days are just added to his 20 days vacation, which basically amounts to 30 days vacation?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    And seriously WotLK is pretty fucking awesome. The Dark Knight's starting area is some of the best stuff Blizzard's ever created.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I get to choose my hours and hardly ever see my immediate superior.

I just don't get a lot of paid vacation.

If I had a job that didn't require specific hours, especially one that let me do a majority of my work at home, I'd be more productive.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »

That must be nice.

Ok so I'm an idiot. Is japan saying he has 20 days vacation, and 0 holidays because he has to work during the (for example) 10 holiday days, and those ten days are just added to his 20 days vacation, which basically amounts to 30 days vacation?

His no, other companies apparently do this though.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And seriously WotLK is pretty fucking awesome. The Dark Knight's starting area is some of the best stuff Blizzard's ever created.

Is that intentional? I can't tell :P

Tav on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Makes sense.

No. I wasn't. But if you want to misrepresent what I was saying, you go ahead.

My viewpoint was simply biased due to my own personal experiences.

Makes sense.

If I don't go in, someone else has to. I really don't think a video game is worth overloading another person's schedule. Sorry if I offended you.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I get 4, grows to something like 6. But I work for the Finns. :)

How did your old bosses at Boeing react to your quitting?

I don't really get much vacation at my current job. I am taking 6 days off in December though to check out France. I've never been off the North American continent before.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Makes sense.

See I disagree with this. Convenience store clerk, might be the only person there, so if he calls out the manager has to go in. Where as office worker, might just have to work a little harder to get a project in.

I should have added that I don't intend to be an office worker or convenience store clerk.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »

Is that intentional? I can't tell :P

Dark knight, death knight, same thing.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »

Makes sense.

If I don't go in, someone else has to. I really don't think a video game is worth overloading another person's schedule. Sorry if I offended you.

I already commented on this.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I CAN'T RUN A PHALLA.

I AM A FAILURE AS BOTH A MAN AND A PROVIDER.

ffffuuu

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah, adding Christian Bale was a good move by Blizzard.

But seriously, even if you're planning on getting your main up to 80 rather than worrying about a Death Knight (like I am), everyone should at least make one and play the starting area for a few minutes because it's so fucking cool.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Makes sense.

Yeah and I was confused by what you said, because it seems to be agreeing with me, whereas your other post disagreed with me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Actually at the moment I have to deal with headlines that read "[My employer] to cut 3000 jobs."

It's ... nerve wracking.

Also, the media went nuts recently about a "glitzy event" that was to be thrown "for executives" at great expense (my employer took a very large government loan recently), so it's being cancelled. Thing is though, that event was an award ceremony for members of staff of any level, from any division, who have been nominated for one by their peers. Internally it's a big deal, people bust their humps for those things because they only award about fifty or so, and it's supposed to be recognition for people who have worked hard and really excelled. The company had already really toned it down from previous years (generally they load everyone onto a private jet and wine and dine them somewhere exotic for a week or so, with "once in a lifetime activities").

There is some discontent in the company over this.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I CAN'T RUN A PHALLA.

I AM A FAILURE AS BOTH A MAN AND A PROVIDER.

ffffuuu

We know. You're seriously supposed to get help with a major one :P

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    I think I finally figured out tango.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Death Knight, whatever. It's still just plain fucking cool.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Makes sense.

Yeah and I was confused by what you said, because it seems to be agreeing with me, whereas your other post disagreed with me.

If I worked at a gas station working minimum wage, I wouldn't care if I inconvenienced my boss.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    alright time to get back on the road

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    I think I finally figured out tango.

Now, onto Cash!

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I work for a TV, internet, and phone company.

I get a call from upper management. Like, 500K a year BMW owning white guys that give me the evil eye when I haven't trimmed my beard in a while.

"Have you heard of any problems with the HD and Premium channels today?"

No sir.

"Hmmm. We're having a problem with 404. Can you check it out for me?"

Sure.

*Checks out test TV*

That's one of the music channels and it's coming in fine.

"Really? What are you seeing?"

Rick Astle... Oh. I know where this is going.

"Hahahah *click* "

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    I work for a TV, internet, and phone company.

I get a call from upper management. Like, 500K a year BMW owning white guys that give me the evil eye when I haven't trimmed my beard in a while.

"Have you heard of any problems with the HD and Premium channels today?"

No sir.

"Hmmm. We're having a problem with 404. Can you check it out for me?"

Sure.

*Checks out test TV*

That's one of the music channels and it's coming in fine.

"Really? What are you seeing?"

Rick Astle... Oh. I know where this is going.

"Hahahah *click* "

This is great. I would seriously love my job more if I had upper management pull something like this.

DeShadowC on
This discussion has been closed.