Options

TMNT Smash Up: A ha ha ha (A ha ha ha) Hey heyo (hey heyo)

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I knew we wouldn't get ANYTHING based on those series ever again.
    His "thank god" comment was the infuriating piece of text that made me want to kill.

Djiem on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sadly, I'd have to agree with maximumzero on this. I was psyched to see the animated series released on DVD finally, but when I picked up the first volume I popped it in and realized..."Wow, this is pure trash. I can't believe I liked this as a kid."

Rose-colored glasses, people. Fortunately, I still find the first movie enjoyable.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Monsty wrote: »
    Double Ds, eh?

*Thinks hard*

I'm sure it will be fine either way. Now we just need some Feldman voice-over action.

:winky:

I can't wait until we get some more details/screens on this. I love me some ninja turtles.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If usagi yojimbo is not playable... I will be saddened.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A new Ninja Turtles game, eh

You could say I'm a bit interested

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    templewulf wrote: »
    What do they mean by "members of Team Ninja". Is this Itagaki's next project?

Goddamn it, Tecmo. :x

venusqw0.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Need to add some more endowment and leather straps before Tecmo touches that.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The first volume of the old Turtles cartoon is entertaining in a MST3K kinda way. The newer cartoon is too good to make fun of, but not good enough to genuinely enjoy, so its even more worthless, and doesn't even have nostalgia going for it.

The Turtles license in general has a pretty terrible crap:good ratio. All the shows have been mediocre at best. Only one good movie out of four. There's at least one terrible TMNT game for every one that is decent, and none of them rise to the level of great. Even the original comics are overrated shit.

That being said, I still fucking love the Ninja Turtles.

Dirty on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I'm sure if he was involved all of the turtles would have massive, physics-defying breasts

s3rial one on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I liked the first and second TMNT movies. The third was okay at best. The fourth has yet to be seen by me.

urahonky on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    Need to add some more endowment and leather straps before Tecmo touches that.

Provenus.gif

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jack eddy wrote: »

Ah, a man after me own 'eart.

Too bad we'll both be disappointed :( .

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    I liked the first and second TMNT movies. The third was okay at best. The fourth has yet to be seen by me.

Oh, you need to see the fourth. It's pretty awesome. Pretty good CGI, too. There's a couple of cartoonish moments but for the most part it takes its pedigree from the first two films and the comic series.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

Oh, you need to see the fourth. It's pretty awesome. Pretty good CGI, too. There's a couple of cartoonish moments but for the most part it takes its pedigree from the first two films and the comic series.

It's in my netflix queue. :P But I've had Iron Man at my house for four weeks and have yet to see that too. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The fourth is not a blockbuster and is kind of a kid movie, but still, any self-respecting TMNT fan needs to see it at least once. I don't think you'll love it, but I'll bet anything you'll like it. I thought it was pretty cool, and I'm certainly picking up the DVD or Blu-Ray if they ever reach those bargain prices.

Djiem on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dirty gets it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    As far as I'm concerned, there have only been a few horrible Ninja Turtles games (the Genesis version of Tournament Fighters, the DS version of TMNT, and the newer console ones come to mind)

Also: if this somehow has the SNES version of Tournament Fighters as an unlockable I'll totally buy it on day one

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »

I know, right?

Maybe just an Usagi Yojimbo game is in order.

Or maybe an Usagi Yojimbo VS Bucky O'Hare video game.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I know, right?

Haha, I didn't even know about this.

There might be a shot though. Was he ever used in the new cartoon? I can't remember now and I never watched all of it anyway. If he was then there would be a decent chance, if not then much less so.

Schide on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    The good thing about a TMNT game is that if it's at least "good" or "great", the fact it's TMNT automatically raises it to "excellent" status.

I see you never played TMNT on the Wii

it's the only game I've ever traded in.

Should have read some reviews.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Schide wrote: »

I know, right?

There might be a shot though. Was he ever used in the new cartoon? I can't remember now and I never watched all of it anyway. If he was then there would be a decent chance, if not then much less so.

Yes sir he was. A few times in fact. They used him whenever they went to that Galaxy Tournament thingy. They also had a joke episode where he came and did stuff on Earth if I recall correctly.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I know, right?

Both him AND the Fugitoid if memory serves

Arcibi on
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »
    The good thing about a TMNT game is that if it's at least "good" or "great", the fact it's TMNT automatically raises it to "excellent" status.

It has to be good to begin with.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well I remembered the Fugitoid for sure because a lot of the 2k toon plots did follow the original comic plots, especially in the first couple of seasons, which was pretty great. Ok yeah, now I remember Usagi in the Galaxy Tournament. I think after that is about when I stopped watching for whatever reason.

Although I did see an episode of the newest season where the turtles went into cyberspace. It was really bad.

Schide on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »

It has to be good to begin with.

sorry .... it was terrible

no one was more disappointed then I was.

I have hopes for the new one though =)

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Although I did see an episode of the newest season where the turtles went into cyberspace. It was really bad.

Flash Forward and whatever is on now aren't actually real seasons of TMNT. The Ninja Tribunal was the final real season of TMNT and aside from the dragons it was pretty good. It even showed the Toddler Turtles which are the best toys ever and I still have mine. Ninja Tribunal however wasn't shown in America when it should've been because it was the darkest of all the seasons. Earlier this year, about 1 year after it originally aired in in other countries like Australia, they did finally show it as a series of "Lost Episodes".

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I know, right?

Comic Bucky O'Hare though, not the series. We need more four-armed homicidal ducks with one eye and a Scottish accent.

Also, on the topic of Turtles, don't get your hopes up about it being tied much to the comic series. TMNT has well established itself as a series for young 'uns, and the original comic series wasn't exactly kid friendly. Anyone remember the TMNT role playing books? One of the character flaws you could give your character was a sexual deviation. Not exactly the image TMNT has now. Expect to see movie and new series stuff.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gilder wrote: »

Flash Forward and whatever is on now aren't actually real seasons of TMNT. The Ninja Tribunal was the final real season of TMNT and aside from the dragons it was pretty good. It even showed the Toddler Turtles which are the best toys ever and I still have mine. Ninja Tribunal however wasn't shown in America when it should've been because it was the darkest of all the seasons. Earlier this year, about 1 year after it originally aired in in other countries like Australia, they did finally show it as a series of "Lost Episodes".

I'll be fine with considering them not real episodes, but they did use continuity from the series so I just assumed. But it was just so awful, it was one of those things where they go into the internet and it's all glowy and then they got glowy armor and then a cyber villain thing was taken over by the Shredder's backup computer mind and turned into like Super Cyber Shredder or something. Yeesh.

I do have to get to watching the rest of the series eventually I suppose.

Oh, and one thing about the original cartoon. Yes, it was awful. Yes, it had terrible animation, silly plotting, and a cast of wacky characters.

But damnit it was MY crappy cartoon that I grew up with and I will cherish it forever!

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Also, on the topic of Turtles, don't get your hopes up about it being tied much to the comic series. TMNT has well established itself as a series for young 'uns, and the original comic series wasn't exactly kid friendly. Anyone remember the TMNT role playing books? One of the character flaws you could give your character was a sexual deviation. Not exactly the image TMNT has now. Expect to see movie and new series stuff.

But see, the new cartoon did actually use a lot from the original Mirage comic. The original plots with Shredder, Baxter Stockman being black and not a fly, the whole Fugitoid into space thing, Leatherhead being like that and not cajun, that was all taken from the comic.

Now obviously they eventually deviated from that, but a lot of it was originally in the comic.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I'll be fine with considering them not real episodes, but they did use continuity from the series so I just assumed. But it was just so awful, it was one of those things where they go into the internet and it's all glowy and then they got glowy armor and then a cyber villain thing was taken over by the Shredder's backup computer mind and turned into like Super Cyber Shredder or something. Yeesh.

Oh, and one thing about the original cartoon. Yes, it was awful. Yes, it had terrible animation, silly plotting, and a cast of wacky characters.

But damnit it was MY crappy cartoon that I grew up with and I will cherish it forever!

Yeah it uses the continuity but I'll be damned if I consider it or Flash Forward real seasons. I think of them as filler seasons for the kids who can't really "get" the rest of the season but still like the turtles as characters. Granted I haven't actually watched the newer one but it looked stupid like FF.

Do they seriously bring back the Shredder in yet another form though? Good lord, the Shredder died about 4 times in the newest series. How can they keep bringing him back?

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Now obviously they eventually deviated from that, but a lot of it was originally in the comic.

That's kinda the thing though. We'll see TMNT were it is now, deviated from the elements it had returned to the comic with.

I was, however, speaking more to the themes. The comic could get pretty dark, while the character backgrounds in the series could get mildly depressing at worst.

To whomever hasn't seen the forth film. Go see it. Like others said, it's by no means great, but it's good fun and there's a pretty darn good scene between Leo and Raph.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Yeah it uses the continuity but I'll be damned if I consider it or Flash Forward real seasons. I think of them as filler seasons for the kids who can't really "get" the rest of the season but still like the turtles as characters. Granted I haven't actually watched the newer one but it looked stupid like FF.

Do they seriously bring back the Shredder in yet another form though? Good lord, the Shredder died about 4 times in the newest series. How can they keep bringing him back?

Yeah, although he never technically "died" in the series...should I be spoilering stuff like this? Anyway, when it was really an Utrom in a robot body, they eventually captured him and sent him into exile on some distant planet. He was apparently still there at the time of the cyber crap, because one of the turtles mentioned that's the last time they saw him while fighting the cyber Shredder.

Note that Shredder being an Utrom most certainly deviates from the comic, where in Shredder's first appearance the turtles pretty much killed him, then he came back only once in the original comic, where he was resurrected as a pile of worms.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

That's kinda the thing though. We'll see TMNT were it is now, deviated from the elements it had returned to the comic with.

I was, however, speaking more to the themes. The comic could get pretty dark, while the character backgrounds in the series could get mildly depressing at worst.

To whomever hasn't seen the forth film. Go see it. Like others said, it's by no means great, but it's good fun and there's a pretty darn good scene between Leo and Raph.

Oh well no, they're certainly not going to have the turtles bloodily slaughtering foot soldiers and whoever else gets in their way left and right. It hasn't been like that since the original cartoon and action figures took off, really.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I just remember someone talking about them possibly taking it back to the comic on page 1 or 2 and I'm like "Nope." Of course I was just skimming the first page and a half so I may have been responding to something that wasn't there :P .

Fig-D on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

I'm going by memory of what I've read and I haven't seen more than the first season of the new series (gotta fix that), but wasn't Flash Forward commissioned as a "do over" ordered by the network when Ninja Tribunal turned out so dark?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Not only that, they are approaching a grand brawl of the Utrom, Demon, and Cyber Shredders at the end of the season.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The fourth is not a blockbuster and is kind of a kid movie, but still, any self-respecting TMNT fan needs to see it at least once. I don't think you'll love it, but I'll bet anything you'll like it. I thought it was pretty cool, and I'm certainly picking up the DVD or Blu-Ray if they ever reach those bargain prices.

As far as TMNT '07 goes, I've always said it like this:

"It could have been so much worse."

Considering how easily they could have fucked up a TMNT film, I'm glad we got what we did.

The storyline was a bit weak, but I really felt that was the only issue. The visuals were fantastic, especially considering the studio was so new to TMNT and CGI films in general. The music, while forgettable, was good, and finally the vocals & characterizations were spot on.

Now only if we could get an awesome storyline to stack all of that on top of.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I'm sure if he was involved all of the turtles would have massive, physics-defying breasts

Come on man, who could forget '80s jumpsuit April? I know I'm not the only kid who got hit with puberty from her.

.....I'm not.

The 2003 April is better anyway. She doesn't get kidnapped every five seconds.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

As far as TMNT '07 goes, I've always said it like this:

"It could have been so much worse."

Considering how easily they could have fucked up a TMNT film, I'm glad we got what we did.

The storyline was a bit weak, but I really felt that was the only issue. The visuals were fantastic, especially considering the studio was so new to TMNT and CGI films in general. The music, while forgettable, was good, and finally the vocals & characterizations were spot on.

Now only if we could get an awesome storyline to stack all of that on top of.

Yeah, I think TMNT doesn't need a "vortex with aliens or magic guys from another planet or era" to be good, and that was the weaker part of the movie for me (I'd rather see them fight Foot Soldiers and the Shredder, really), but I loved the characters and the eternal Leo VS Raph conflict was just perfect.

Djiem on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A question for those of you who are faithful to the old comic.

where does Krang come in? or whats his relation to the original comic, if any?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????