As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old fallout thread; please disregard and post in the new one

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jackal wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Do Vault 69.

Only if the man of the vault sits upon a glorious golden throne with thralls of semi-naked women laying upon velvet pillows at his feet.

Vault 69 would only be interesting for that reason for the first generation. After that it would be interesting because of the incredibly small amount of genetic diversity.

Sisterdaughteraunts :winky:

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do Vault 69.

Only if the man of the vault sits upon a glorious golden throne with thralls of semi-naked women laying upon velvet pillows at his feet.

Vault 69 would only be interesting for that reason for the first generation. After that it would be interesting because of the incredibly small amount of genetic diversity.

I demand a fanfic!

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh God do some of you never stop whining.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    El Extremo wrote: »
    Do Vault 69.

I demand a fanfic!

Gary slowly removed Gary's vault suit. Gary moaned in ecstacy, "Gaaary!"

Sorry, wrong vault.

jackal on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    They half assed the NPC dialog for evil PCs. On the radio threedog calls my character a "reaver bitch", but in person he reacts normally. His dialog should have been, "Look, I don't want to work with someone like you, but fix the damn relay and I'll tell you what I know. Otherwise I have a lobby full of paladins who will turn you into gravy." Then there is
    "You blew up Megaton? Well, I'm very disappointed in you. Now go flip the breaker, sweetie."

i thought maybe threedog would be a bit more worried about this supposed cannibal antichrist he's been railing on on his program giving him a personal visit to call him on his slander

he wasn't, so i killed and ate him

Nuzak on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »

what did he taste like?

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

what did he taste like?

Chicken fried chicken.

xzzy on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    xzzy wrote: »

what did he taste like?

Chicken fried chicken.

I would've thought it would be chicken fried waffles.

freakish light on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    El Extremo wrote: »
    Do Vault 69.

I demand a fanfic!

Gary slowly removed Gary's vault suit. Gary moaned in ecstacy, "Gaaary!"

Sorry, wrong vault.

5 bucks says that a full fanfic of that exists somewhere on the internet.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Once again, I managed to skip over part of the main quest when I wondered into
    Vault 112

I did it earlier by skipping
    GNR and going to Rivet City first..

How very annoying.

Edgie on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, I left a list of places you should avoid in the OP. If there's any comfort, it's impossible to skip any farther.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i just did vault 108.
    oooohhh GAAARRY!

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Edgie wrote: »
    Vault 112

How very annoying.

I wouldn't have minded skipping GNR. So much confusing tunnel hopping for what? A boss fight and one dude who tells me to go to Rivet City? There's really not much story to miss there.

HtR-Laser on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Can one miss the Brotherhood corpse holding a Fat-Man and eight Mini-Nukes if you were to advance the story beyond the GNR while skipping it?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I dunno but I found a settler in megaton that had 7 mini nukes on him. I was all "hubba wha?!"

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I dunno but I found a settler in megaton that had 7 mini nukes on him. I was all "hubba wha?!"

Was he a member of the Church of Atom?

If so, well, there's your answer.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Can one miss the Brotherhood corpse holding a Fat-Man and eight Mini-Nukes if you were to advance the story beyond the GNR while skipping it?

No, the corpse stays there, Lyon's Pride just doesn't show up to help you. You can even do Three Dog's quest for a different reward.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Was he a member of the Church of Atom?

If so, well, there's your answer.

it just said "megaton settler" on him.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I knew about the Caching in with Three Dog quest, I just remembered hearing about the corpse leaving with the Lyons' Pride and I wanted to confirm that.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    About 'Strictly Business'
    Can you complete this if Susan Lancaster died in the glorious ghoul liberation of Tenpenny Tower? Am I boned on my evil playthrough here?"

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    Can you complete this if Susan Lancaster died in the glorious ghoul liberation of Tenpenny Tower? Am I boned on my evil playthrough here?"
    Yes, she just won't be included in the list.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009

Yeah.
    Arkansas, the sniper in Mine Town died from... mysterious complications... early in my playthrough, and when I got the Strictly Business mission, I just had to collect the other three.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sweet. Evil munching on!

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You're fine. The quest adjusts itself to take into account who's still alive. If you killed Susan Lancaster, she won't be on the list of targets you need to enslave.

EDIT: Beaten. Twice!

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You're fine. The quest adjusts itself to take into account who's still alive. If you killed Susan Lancaster, she won't be on the list of targets you need to enslave.

EDIT: Beaten. Twice!

YAY! Revenge! (Even if it wasn't me who beat you)

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

No, the corpse stays there, Lyon's Pride just doesn't show up to help you. You can even do Three Dog's quest for a different reward.

Really? I went through there after skipping GNR and
    not only was the fat man missing, but the Behemoth bugged out horribly and got stuck inside a building.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    what the hell just happened.

nsfw. or maybe nsf-mind.
    fallout3200901120303547py5.jpg

fallout3200901120304000uv7.jpg

fallout3200901120304068bp3.jpg

fallout3200901120304101od1.jpg

fallout3200901120304194nw8.jpg

fallout3200901120307102np2.jpg

*here is when the screen goes dark and muffled sex sounds appear, muffled to sound like a ghoul, im not making this **** up.* D:

fallout3200901120307464im0.jpg

fallout3200901120307510dp0.jpg

fallout3200901120308013ot3.jpg

fallout3200901120308040yj3.jpg

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hurk.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

nsfw. or maybe nsf-mind.

lolwut? The most explicit sexual encounter in the game is....with her? This isn't another one of your mod tricks, is it?

Edit:
    Yeah, looks like a mod. Hope it doesn't look too weird that I searched for Tulip on the Nexus....
    thx, interwebs.....thx

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    does that make you a necrophiliac?

Joolander on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Joolander wrote: »

My vote for best Top of Page Post ever.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

She is undead and not dead.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Couscous wrote: »

She is undead and not dead.

So un-necrophiliac, then?

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    It's edgy and gritty, and that's all I really need from a Fallout game, though.

Give me the option to say 'Fuck you asshole, enjoy this bullet to the brain!' and I'm having a good time, haha.

Edit:

On a side note, what REALLY impressed me with fallout was how the different dialogue choices really do make a difference in how the NPC reacts/responds.

What I mean is, if you play a game like Mass Effect, they do these little tricks where you'll realize that, despite having 5 different things to say in a dialogue prompt, the NPC will react the same way regardless...i.e. their response 'fits' your choice regardless of what you say'...Or they'll give you three ways to basically say the exact same thing. Not a big deal, but I noticed it in almost every NPC conversation. They did it all through KOTOR too.

My impression was exactly the opposite. In FO3 what I said rarely freaking mattered except for that one critical dialogue choice which sent the quest in direction A or B. Mass effect at least came off a lot more natural, especially the dialogue options with your crew members and certain important npcs (like the Admiral). And renegade Shepard actually has badass action-movie cliche lines, btw.

What I meant was moreso the fact that they let you say a bunch of different stuff in Mass Effect, but how the NPC responds is typically the same regardless...whereas, in FO3, saying something dick will usually illicit a unique response in direct reference to your dick comment.

In Mass Effect it's often:

ex: *oh man collapsing cavern!*

Your choice:
    LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!
    How can we open that locked door over yonder?!
    What does that giant laser do?!

NPC Answer regardless: Quick, that giant laser over there! If we can turn it on, it might shoot a hole through that door so we can make our escape!

I'm just saying FO3 tends to have more unique lines of dialogue based on what you say, rather than having a '1 line fits all' response from the NPC.

Both games do it, but it I just happen to notice it all the time in ME.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think the whole Megaton bomb thing is absolutely ridiculous
    you're telling me that in this world without authority, if i go and blow up an ENTIRE settlement, and then go waltzing into, say, rivet city, while three dog announces my crimes over the only radio station there is, I'm not going to have the shit kicked out of me?
    Yeah, ok.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    HtR-Laser wrote: »
    Edgie wrote: »
    Vault 112

How very annoying.

I wouldn't have minded skipping GNR. So much confusing tunnel hopping for what? A boss fight and one dude who tells me to go to Rivet City? There's really not much story to miss there.

The boss fight for GNR was fucking awesome though. I mean, it was my first time seeing 'one,' and I literally thought there were explosions or an earthquake or something going on before I saw him...then I turn around and see it, shopping cart armor and all, and I was like...damn dude.

I didn't even know about that enemy type til' I saw it, so that was a nice surprise.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    you're telling me that in this world without authority, if i go and blow up an ENTIRE settlement, and then go waltzing into, say, rivet city, while three dog announces my crimes over the only radio station there is, I'm not going to have the shit kicked out of me?
    Yeah, ok.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The remedy is to either not be able to blow up Megaton, or not be able to go into places like Rivet City if you do...the way I see it, Bethesda let us do and see everything despite the continuity errors.

Besides, assuming you do blowup Megaton, you're an evil son of a bitch, and towns like Paradise Falls react totally different to you because of this, so that's cool at least.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, ok.

It's patently obvious that three dog is always high. Reasonable doubt.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

nsfw. or maybe nsf-mind.

lolwut? The most explicit sexual encounter in the game is....with her? This isn't another one of your mod tricks, is it?

Edit:
    Yeah, looks like a mod. Hope it doesn't look too weird that I searched for Tulip on the Nexus....
    thx, interwebs.....thx

search for "seducing women" D:

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, ok.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The remedy is to either not be able to blow up Megaton, or not be able to go into places like Rivet City if you do...the way I see it, Bethesda let us do and see everything despite the continuity errors.

Besides, assuming you do blowup Megaton, you're an evil son of a bitch, and towns like Paradise Falls react totally different to you because of this, so that's cool at least.

So I'm not really that far, but how the fuck does anyone even know you did it? All you did was place some stuff on the bomb, and that was probably done sneakily (or else someone would have taken them off). Even if someone did randomly see you doing that part, they're blown to smithereens. And when you push the button it's not like you're in a crowd of people. It's you and two others. One doesn't ever leave, and the other really doesn't seem the talkative type. So how does anyone know?

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg