• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    also, the book of mormon burns really really fast

It's all that high-octane godliness.

seriously the whole thing was just like FWOOSH i burned the shit out of my hand

are you saying it spontaneously caught fire as you touched it?

And it burned you?

Fandy have you ever considered that you might in fact be the Devil?

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Einhander wrote: »
    My favorite part about people bearing their testimony is when a six year old kid does it and you can hear his parent's wispering what to say into his ear over the microphone.

oh god yes, the "formula" for giving your testimony

"i'd like to bare/bear/bury my testimony that i know this church is true, i love my mom and dad, my sisters/brothers, i believe in the book of mormon and love jesus ahhhmen"

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    also, the book of mormon burns really really fast

It's all that high-octane godliness.

seriously the whole thing was just like FWOOSH i burned the shit out of my hand

are you saying it spontaneously caught fire as you touched it?

And it burned you?

Fandy have you ever considered that you might in fact be the Devil?

well the lighter had a part in the whole thing

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    every lil ole lady in our ward tried to glare me to death when i got my ears pierced for the second time

because our bodies are temples, right... and one hole per ear is dandy, but two? why you harlot.
    when i was called into the bishop's office over it i looked him in the eye and asked him why one piercing was fine but two were bad. if our bodies are temples why is perforating it at all ok?

he had no answer and just smiled and nodded me out of the office
    i am such a rebel you guys

I posed questions about Joseph Smith's whole thing with plural marriages, and how it came about. His only response was to bear his testimony?

haha oh man, i actually had a discussion with my dad about joseph smith and all his shit the other day. it is fascinating all the shit they don't tell you in church.

also, did you know that a prophet said under oath to the supreme court that he has never received revelation from god, and neither as any prophet since joseph smith? also that they are not ordained by god, but rather chosen in a conference. hilarious!

Nobody has ever told me that. Mother fuckers.....

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Bel I am down with a lady who isn't afraid to express herself, and has a healthy love of SF2.

Wanna get married?

We won't be able to do it in a temple or anything though because I am chock full of sin.

Einhander on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My favorite part about people bearing their testimony is when a six year old kid does it and you can hear his parent's wispering what to say into his ear over the microphone.

"i'd like to bare/bear/bury my testimony that i know this church is true, i love my mom and dad, my sisters/brothers, i believe in the book of mormon and love jesus ahhhmen"

It always made me cringe. I had to walk out of the chapel every Fast Sunday. The TWO times I bore mine, I made damn sure to keep it unique.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Bel I am down with a lady who isn't afraid to express herself, and has a healthy love of SF2.

Wanna get married?

We won't be able to do it in a temple or anything though because I am chock full of sin.

hahaha man i am not touching marriage for a few more years at least, give me a call in like 5 years

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    man don't these mormons ever worry about getting stabbed or something

just going into strangers homes and hanging out

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

It always made me cringe. I had to walk out of the chapel every Fast Sunday. The TWO times I bore mine, I made damn sure to keep it unique.

i did it once and said exactly that because i was pissed that i was being forced to bare my testimony. it took all of 15 seconds, and then i walked back into the seats they had all us primary choir kids in. we were putting on a show, and i had been commanded to end my little part of the talk they gave us by giving my testimony. i was piiisssed because that should never be a thing that is forced

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I can kind of respect the Mormon door to door guys. Whenever I run into the Jehovas witnesses or bible belt godpeople of any other description they usually give up as soon as I say a word like "Quaker" or "Unitarian" with something to the effect that they wouldn't let me in even if I wanted to join.

Mormons though they're all oh you know hey that's cool. Church is cool. Hey, want to go to a church that's super cool?

Also Einhander is that your second crash of the day

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

i did it once and said exactly that because i was pissed that i was being forced to bare my testimony. it took all of 15 seconds, and then i walked back into the seats they had all us primary choir kids in. we were putting on a show, and i had been commanded to end my little part of the talk they gave us by giving my testimony. i was piiisssed because that should never be a thing that is forced

I used to go to church for Potluck Sunday cause all the moms cooked up some rad shit, always went with a friend. One day the church service was entirely dedicated to me, at least that is how it felt.

"Those amongst the community, that do not have the fiath, now is the time to come up and praise Jesus" etc etc.

Definitly awkward when everyone is like "Dude, you are supposed to go up there"

Jigrah on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

I used to go to church for Potluck Sunday cause all the moms cooked up some rad shit, always went with a friend. One day the church service was entirely dedicated to me, at least that is how it felt.

"Those amongst the community, that do not have the fiath, now is the time to come up and praise Jesus" etc etc.

Definitly awkward when everyone is like "Dude, you are supposed to go up there"

They are inviting you to do parody.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    at youth group on wednesday nights, i used to ditch the activity they had planned for us, grab my friend from the male part of the youth group stuff and we'd go find a piano and he'd play songs while i read a book.

the dudes were usually playing basketball, and my friend hated sports, and the girls were usually doing something stupid as hell and i'd rather read.

also the guys all picked on my friend because he is small, quiet, and meek. i used to have to go tell the dudes to back off and stop being a bunch of dicks

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Then they always try to backpedal. "Oh, you didn't have to say it. But God would have been VERY VERY unhappy." Just like that mission stuff.

Edit: Bel, do you have a source on that supreme court thing?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    this thread has gotten a lot less angry and a lot more ololfundies since I last checked it.

Carry on.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    I can kind of respect the Mormon door to door guys. Whenever I run into the Jehovas witnesses or bible belt godpeople of any other description they usually give up as soon as I say a word like "Quaker" or "Unitarian" with something to the effect that they wouldn't let me in even if I wanted to join.

Mormons though they're all oh you know hey that's cool. Church is cool. Hey, want to go to a church that's super cool?

I had some godpeople come to my door in the middle of summer once

Opened the door wearing gym shorts with morning wood and whoops old godpeople right there

Also a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses. There's a meeting hall like 2 miles down the road from my house and my lower-middle class neighborhood is a great place to try to save some souls

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Then they always try to backpedal. "Oh, you didn't have to say it. But God would have been VERY VERY unhappy." Just like that mission stuff.
    i swear they must teach a guilt trips 101 class to all the adults when they reach a certain age or something.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Edit: Bel, do you have a source on that supreme court thing?

lemme go see if my dad has the court transcripts bookmarked

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I remember getting rid of Mormons from my parents house when I was little by telling them that my mom bit people.

I was a strange little kid.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009

i swear they must teach a guilt trips 101 class to all the adults when they reach a certain age or something.

Nah, it's part of the priesthood. Oh, and you may address me as Elder Dubh. :P

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Third if you count Viv.

Einhander on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i took up collection when i went to church

still do, when i show up. it's like everyone in that position is temporary except me. i dunno why

but when i was younger i always wondered if someone would notice if i lifted a few bucks

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pfft like guilt trips are Mormon exclusive

Catholic school. A poor Catholic school

I am a guilt ninja

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Catholics have had quite a while to perfect the guilt game.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    They even have their own brand of guilt

Me Too! on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh my god, bel

oh my god

Javen on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    CorpseRT wrote: »

I mean

they have like twelve hundred years of practice.

They ought to be good at it by now.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    CorpseRT wrote: »

I mean

they have like twelve hundred years of practice.

They ought to be good at it by now.

I spent 8 years in catholic school. I told a teacher I was giving up guilt for lent once. She was not amused.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    jews keep guilt in the family

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

I had some godpeople come to my door in the middle of summer once

Opened the door wearing gym shorts with morning wood and whoops old godpeople right there

Also a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses. There's a meeting hall like 2 miles down the road from my house and my lower-middle class neighborhood is a great place to try to save some souls

You are like Shibby .5

How do you answer the door with morning wood? It's not that hard to just tuck that guy under the waistband and lean forward a bit.

SE++, keeping it classy.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Who answers their door with a visible boner?

Like, seriously.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Man I was like 14 and not thinking

I woke up to them knocking on the door and the dog barking

it's like "here are pants put these on who is it go away oh whoops I got a boner!"

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Maybe he thought he was in a porno?

'Is that Jesus in your pants or are you just happy to see me?'

Javen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    at youth group on wednesday nights, i used to ditch the activity they had planned for us, grab my friend from the male part of the youth group stuff and we'd go find a piano and he'd play songs while i read a book.

the dudes were usually playing basketball, and my friend hated sports, and the girls were usually doing something stupid as hell and i'd rather read.

also the guys all picked on my friend because he is small, quiet, and meek. i used to have to go tell the dudes to back off and stop being a bunch of dicks

A lot of guys pick on smaller meek guys in order to get them to do something. It's always not malicious but a way to get them to stand up for themselves.

Not saying it is right, but knowing how to handle those situations has been milestones in my growth to being... I don''t know the word, manly?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    And Shibby.5 would just do awful terrible things like expose himself to the old people and then be like "you wanna taste it" or something

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    On the other hand I love sports and I probably would have done the same thing.

Javen on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys back off. I doubt Wiggin's morning wood is noticeable anyway.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

A lot of guys pick on smaller meek guys in order to get them to do something. It's always not malicious but a way to get them to stand up for themselves.

Not saying it is right, but knowing how to handle those situations has been milestones in my growth to being... I don''t know the word, manly?

yeah, when guys pick on the meek kids it's totally with good intentions and not just for amusement at all

edit: and i really hope you got "not" and "always" switched around, otherwise that makes your statement really stupid

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think you're giving kids way to much credit Jigrah.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    all this stuff is super fascinating
    I was raised in a home completely devoid of religious influence
    there was a point as a child when I learned what God was and I was all confused

"people believe in that? But he's just like Santa!"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.