As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh [chat], he's Queen for a day

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    One of my many plans for after I get to Seattle is to get in proper shape.

I was freaking strong when I was a fatass backwoods kid.

I'm pretty sure my ten years younger self could kick my ass right now. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have Visio! I can finally draw a diagram of my sex life!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OremLK wrote: »
    Also, lifting weights is pretty fun, after the first few times where it hurts like hell afterward.

it's the good hurt though

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'm both out of shape and thin. Must get back into lifting.

Why?

Because, if he doesn't lift, he don't get to lift, if you know what I'm sayin'.

And you know what I'm sayin'.

He...doesn't get to ride the English elevators?

Well, either way, our man Gim ain't going down.

If you know what I'm saying.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm just looking forward to the day I can put my brain into a robot body.

moniker on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Because it's good to be healthy?

Is it?

_J_ on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Is it?

What the hell...?

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Is it?

Shouldn't you know?

moniker on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Is it?

Unless you hate getting blowjobs.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    My Israeli family. My American family is full of out of shape, pansy ass bad Catholics. :P
    Well, I assumed that you picked up a few moves at least, coming from that environment.

Oh! I thought we were talking about my family, not me. I'm in pretty good shape but I'm not 'beefy'. My interest in size almost completely vanished when I got into running. Even so, I could without question destroy my entire American family in a flash. It'd be like a terrible action movie with me as a protagonist and them as generic evil henchmen.

t _J_: pretty much. One side of my family only lives in Israel, the other side only lives in America. Neither are really in contact with the other. I'm pretty much the only common link.

Organichu on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Why?

Because...I am unable to locate the stairwell?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Why?

Because...I am unable to locate the stairwell?
    Well, if you can't find that, I guess you can't go down.

If you know what I'm italicizing.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh! I thought we were talking about my family, not me. I'm in pretty good shape but I'm not 'beefy'. My interest in size almost completely vanished when I got into running. Even so, I could without question destroy my entire American family in a flash. It'd be like a terrible action movie with me as a protagonist and them as generic evil henchmen.

t _J_: pretty much. One side of my family only lives in Israel, the other side only lives in America. Neither are really in contact with the other. I'm pretty much the only common link.
    Here I thought you meant a host family.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'mma go to bed. Fare thee well, gentle [chat].

moniker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    I'mma go to bed. Fare thee well, gentle [chat].

Wait, wait.

Kiss good night?

Organichu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Zimmy, I think you could have a lot of fun with paintball if you like, played in the woods with a ghillie suit.

A lot of the things you said about NERF apply to paintball, just in slightly different ways.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    NERF guns come with limited ammo and limited range. You need to get within 30 feet to have a good chance of hitting your target, and if you miss with two or three rounds you're probably going to get plugged. It's a lot more dodge/parry, as opposed to hiding behind terrain and running like hell from safe spot to safe spot. You have to be careful with your shots and make sure you don't get caught reloading. Plus different "guns" offer different tactical advantages, as opposed to everybody having the same weapon.

All these things are things I like.

Plus, remember, I'm pretty and fragile. Paintballs don't like me very much.

There is actually plenty of dodging in paintball. Snap shooting is a pretty huge skill and pretty much consists entirely of quickly popping out, shooting once or twice and tucking back in. It's often the deciding factor in matches where positions get locked down.

I wouldn't say that paintball is hiding and running from safe spot to safe spot. If you are hiding you aren't really contributing to your team, your not giving cover to your team mates or having eyes on the field. You generally don't run to safe spots, you try to find openings to advance aggressively up the field to get angle shots on your opponents.

Getting caught reloading is an issue in paintball too. :P The gun thing I will concede.

I'm not trying to argue that paintball is better or anything, I think they are different, but I think your claims that nerf requires more athleticism and accuracy is erroneous in nature. I think both games reward you quite a lot for having both of those abilities.

Put it this way: NERF requires different kinds of skill, both in terms of athleticism and accuracy, than does paintball, although the NERF community itself is full of megadicks who I wouldn't be caught dead with. I don't/wouldn't play with anyone who was just running around like a dipshit on their own without using strategy and teamwork, or who modded their gun to the point where you might as well be chucking lawn darts.

It requires you to be quick and clever, since you can see shots in the air and actually dodge them if you're good/careful. It requires careful aim, not just in terms of where you point, but when you fire and how you coordinate that with your teammates and manage your ammunition. I can track a moving target at 30 feet with my Vulcan, which has a 25-round belt and fires three darts per second. But if you're smart, and fast, I'm not going to hit you unaided unless I'm really careful. What I can do is point my gun at you and dodge your shots and let my friend with a Recon flank you and nail you without me having to fire a single round.

What makes NERF so much more appealing, to me, is the fact that you do have to get close and you can't trust your weapon to be perfectly accurate. And your choice of weapon itself becomes an important strategic decision, which is just awesome. You can run around with twin Mavericks and think you look all badass, but that means you get two shots and zero free hands to ready a third round. I actually like my Recon better than my Vulcan, because it's more flexible. But if I don't use it then you can be sure I want my teammate to take it, because it's an important defensive asset. You can quite literally create a little machine gun nest with it, with one person loading/feeding the belt and one person firing. And how would I take that out? With my "grenades" (mini-NERF footballs) of course, because I can lob them at a high arc and throwing two or three in quick succession makes everybody scatter.

:o You play stock too?

Awesome on a possum.

I'd be more than willing to shoot my foam in your face Yalb, all you have to do is ask.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited February 2009

So...if we kill you....we destroy the link...

Interesting...

_J_ on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Thanatos is gonna be mad at me for undercutting him.
    No, please, keep doing that.

I can use the extra kohl. I've got about 800 extra bread from the stuff I've been selling. So, I'll take all you'll make at that price, up to 8000.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

So...if we kill you....we destroy the link...

Interesting...

D:

Organichu on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    NERF guns come with limited ammo and limited range. You need to get within 30 feet to have a good chance of hitting your target, and if you miss with two or three rounds you're probably going to get plugged. It's a lot more dodge/parry, as opposed to hiding behind terrain and running like hell from safe spot to safe spot. You have to be careful with your shots and make sure you don't get caught reloading. Plus different "guns" offer different tactical advantages, as opposed to everybody having the same weapon.

All these things are things I like.

Plus, remember, I'm pretty and fragile. Paintballs don't like me very much.

There is actually plenty of dodging in paintball. Snap shooting is a pretty huge skill and pretty much consists entirely of quickly popping out, shooting once or twice and tucking back in. It's often the deciding factor in matches where positions get locked down.

I wouldn't say that paintball is hiding and running from safe spot to safe spot. If you are hiding you aren't really contributing to your team, your not giving cover to your team mates or having eyes on the field. You generally don't run to safe spots, you try to find openings to advance aggressively up the field to get angle shots on your opponents.

Getting caught reloading is an issue in paintball too. :P The gun thing I will concede.

I'm not trying to argue that paintball is better or anything, I think they are different, but I think your claims that nerf requires more athleticism and accuracy is erroneous in nature. I think both games reward you quite a lot for having both of those abilities.

Put it this way: NERF requires different kinds of skill, both in terms of athleticism and accuracy, than does paintball, although the NERF community itself is full of megadicks who I wouldn't be caught dead with. I don't/wouldn't play with anyone who was just running around like a dipshit on their own without using strategy and teamwork, or who modded their gun to the point where you might as well be chucking lawn darts.

It requires you to be quick and clever, since you can see shots in the air and actually dodge them if you're good/careful. It requires careful aim, not just in terms of where you point, but when you fire and how you coordinate that with your teammates and manage your ammunition. I can track a moving target at 30 feet with my Vulcan, which has a 25-round belt and fires three darts per second. But if you're smart, and fast, I'm not going to hit you unaided unless I'm really careful. What I can do is point my gun at you and dodge your shots and let my friend with a Recon flank you and nail you without me having to fire a single round.

What makes NERF so much more appealing, to me, is the fact that you do have to get close and you can't trust your weapon to be perfectly accurate. And your choice of weapon itself becomes an important strategic decision, which is just awesome. You can run around with twin Mavericks and think you look all badass, but that means you get two shots and zero free hands to ready a third round. I actually like my Recon better than my Vulcan, because it's more flexible. But if I don't use it then you can be sure I want my teammate to take it, because it's an important defensive asset. You can quite literally create a little machine gun nest with it, with one person loading/feeding the belt and one person firing. And how would I take that out? With my "grenades" (mini-NERF footballs) of course, because I can lob them at a high arc and throwing two or three in quick succession makes everybody scatter.

:o You play stock too?

Awesome on a possum.

I'd be more than willing to shoot my foam in your face Yalb, all you have to do is ask.

:winky:

So do you play with local friends, or what? I've found it impossible to rig together a group.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    I have Visio! I can finally draw a diagram of my sex life!

feralssexflowchart.png

Gim on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hahahahahahahahaha <3

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Zimmy, I think you could have a lot of fun with paintball if you like, played in the woods with a ghillie suit.

A lot of the things you said about NERF apply to paintball, just in slightly different ways.

I seriously couldn't do paintball. My pain threshold just isn't high enough, and a stray shot could do some real damage because I'm so thin. That's why NERF is fun, because it's all the tac-sim fun without the horrible bruising and anybody can play.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I seriously couldn't do paintball. My pain threshold just isn't high enough, and a stray shot could do some real damage because I'm so thin. That's why NERF is fun, because it's all the tac-sim fun without the horrible bruising and anybody can play.

I don't mean to be rude or anything my friend, but it really doesn't hurt that much and I doubt you are so fragile. I mean, my friend is a twig and he plays just fine. With baggy clothes and the right layers, I genuinely doubt it would be an issue unless you have some kind of physical issue I don't know about.

I will concede that the entry cost for Nerf is much lower, if that is what you meant by "anybody can play."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pro: I think I might do some writing tonight.

Con: It will be of the blog nature.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    G'night gang.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So do you play with local friends, or what? I've found it impossible to rig together a group.

I've never actually organized a large group, just messed around with a few friends in my back yard and such. But if you really want to do it, and really want to get into it, I can't imagine it's too hard to find people will to form a good group. I think you need about 10 people for a small skirmish, and groups of 16 work with two four-man squads per side.

I'm about to go to bed here, but remind me next time you see me on and we'll talk about it.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

you have a blog?

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I don't mean to be rude or anything my friend, but it really doesn't hurt that much and I doubt you are so fragile. I mean, my friend is a twig and he plays just fine. With baggy clothes and the right layers, I genuinely doubt it would be an issue unless you have some kind of physical issue I don't know about.

I will concede that the entry cost for Nerf is much lower, if that is what you meant by "anybody can play."

I am really really really fragile. Plus I don't think I'd have the energy for it, NERF's style suits me better. Cost is a factor, yes, but honestly there's just something magical re-creating games like Team Fortress 2 with children's toys and foam footballs. And paintball can be intimidating, especially to older or disabled people, but even my 86 year-old arthritic grandfather thinks it's a hoot to catch me with my back turned and blast me with a toy gun.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited February 2009

My blog is better than your blog.

_J_ on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tonight was good

We ordered pizza and watched all three original ninja turtles movies

I have the best friends <3

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    504x_custom_1235236941278_-2_02.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I would totally read a Gim blog. Please PM me a link if you decide to go through with it!

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tonight was good

We ordered pizza and watched all three original ninja turtles movies

I have the best friends <3

Oooh man even the samurai one?

That takes some guts my friend.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Alright, bed time. I took my night-night pills and they've made my head go all funny sideways.

Sleep now we go for <3<3<3<3.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It was so fucking awful

But Ancient Casey Jones commits casual murder just like Modern Day Casey Jones

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Alright, bed time. I took my night-night pills and they've made my head go all funny sideways.

Night zimmy!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I wonder what a Let's Play by someone from D & D would be like.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be very different.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Night zimmy!

Two of those hearts were for you, Sweetums.
    <3<3<3<3

Four more, too! G'night Inkeepoo~~~!!!

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
This discussion has been closed.