As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh [chat], he's Queen for a day

1464748495052»

• Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    Captain Morgan must have a thousand cease-and-desist letters at the ready.

Bacardi, actually. 151 in particular.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    this dude in The Fly is a real asshole.

Which dude?

yalborap on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    this dude in The Fly is a real asshole.

Which dude?

the editor.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Which version of the Fly?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hey

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gosling, hey back!

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So the other half of the Fey/Poehler comedy duo has her own show now.

Fey took all the good people.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Fucking Windows. It reboots on me without me even there to okay it every fucking day. I'm sorry but if your shit is that full of holes you can go fuck yourself. Plenty of holes available, apparently.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The original FLy was pretty creepy.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Fucking Windows. It reboots on me without me even there to okay it every fucking day. I'm sorry but if your shit is that full of holes you can go fuck yourself. Plenty of holes available, apparently.

Perfect for an orgy.

yalborap on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Becky? First furry MILF? :P

--

Wait, Amy the Squirrel had a pre-internet existance?

Did the Internet exist before Amy the Squirrel? Yeah.

But Amy shorts were originally passed along via BBSes.

I didn't know there were such things. I assumed ES had just given her a largely-fictional backstory. Learn something new every day, I guess.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    MY CHAT MINE MINE MINE

Gosling on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Competing again?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    MY CHAT MINE MINE MINE

YOU'RE WINNER

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    20040705h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    As we had established, the full investigation into the crevices of Gabriel's strange amusements has begun.

I have knowledge of what is going on in gaming, my diet consists largely of news sites and weak coffee. To say that I don't give a fuck about it is impolite but it's the most unambiguous way of putting it. This editorial space will one day become saturated with City of Heroes banter, assuming this state has not already been achieved, but if what I do here is discuss things that are of interest to me then there is currently no subject which produces greater enthusiasm.

Could it possibly have been launched at a better time? Certainly, the game is amusing. I might even go so far as to say that it is very good. Between world of Warcraft's extended beta, though, and the fact that id and Valve can finish a game whenever they feel like it, City of Heroes was able to pierce the crust of the Earth and implant a world devouring embryo.

This is my idea of a good time, though certainly your mileage may vary: reading other people's secret origins. It's not hard to do, just right click on any character and select "info." People tend to congregate where they can level up, which happens in city centers - there might be forty or fifty people there standing around a boombox while you pry into their mysteries. The screen where you type your character's name initially is a sort of Superhero Identification card, with a place right on there for your needlessly elaborate backstory. Some people write them in character, as though they are being asked in an interview by a local reporter. Some people simply type "W," which isn't particularly illuminating. I've been surprised at how many people have actually taken advantage of that space. It does seem to imply that your condition has reached a somewhat advanced stage.

Their latest content drop added something that can be used for an interesting purpose - alternate costumes at levels 20, 30, and 40. Certainly, it's nice to have them. Making characters is still one of the best things about the game. What this allows you to do, though, if you're already a social outcast and don't mind discarding any hope for a normal life, is to create a sort of story arc for your character that these three alternate costumes represent. Just to give an example, the courageous DocBot I mentioned once before has - through his continued selfless service - honed his empathic subroutines and begun to take on a more human appearance. Now, you're apparently limited to your current body type and gender, which I think is unfortunate even though I understand why do that. Certainly, Cryptic Studios doesn't want to deal with e-mails from parents asking them why they've allowed their child to play heroic transvestites or pre- and post-operative super transsexuals. At the same time, they could allow characters to swap sizes in such a way as to create mild-mannered alter-egos for their characters, or generate Bruce Banner/Hulk-type dualities.

This will only last a couple days, I'm sure - this unremitting fascination - after which, you won't be made to endure this sort of thing. I play a lot of videogames, though, so when I am gripped with such anaconda strength it's probably something to make a note of. With Gabe out of town this week, I'm in a position to take this game very seriously.

(CW)TB out.

you'll find the answer

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.