Options

[Anime] I'm slowly beginning to hate almost everyone in this thread

• Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So we're watching the trailer for Queen's Blade and had to wonder: is it Hentai?

Queen's Blade:Out and Out Hentai::Strike Witches:Out and out pedophilia.

Well, I've already determined that I'm watching the first episode of queen's blade

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    But the base-level Mon shows are a few degrees below shounen series.
    I disagree. I want to point that out, but not talk about it because it's not a big deal.

Anyways. here's how I see Avatar, with PikaPuff level spoilers
    Season 1 is the setup. Season 2 is the awesome that changes everything from season 1. Season 3 is the resolution of many aspects. Yeah there's some loose ends, though.

People say how some shows are good because they aren't cleche and aren't predictable, and have lots of development. Season 1 is percieved as boring and the most kiddy. I feel it was needed. Season 1 shows the norm that gets changed and developed via S1 finale and S2. Which is why when talking Avatar I suggest people watch at least all of S1 and some of S2 before dismissing it.

I thought it was well animated shit until I saw something from S1 and some episode of S2 and had to ask why everyone looked/acted differently. Omg there's development.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »
    SHUT UP AND DIE

NO ONE WANTS TO ARGUE WITH YOU

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY

you hang around impotently blithering about elementary-school japanese children's cartoons in between bouts of slick cheese-smelling masturbation, if people spat on you as they walked by it'd only be because it'd probably be the closest thing you took to a bath in days
    Why do you have to resort to these levels of insults? and you didn't even answer my question.

We don't really care what you're talking about. Just get the hell out, already.
    You can't kick someone out of a forum without a good reason, I'm not a troll, I just fall under this category:

"The poster has posted something controversial which is very likely to cause heated discussion."

And what is wrong with that? HamHam does that often.

except for the flaming and constantly acting like the wounded minority

oh wait no that was all in self-defense you are just a sick neckbearded babe in the woods

fuck off and die

also hamham does not lust after animated hamsters (that i know of)
    You do know the Digimon Yaoi stuff is not true, posted by Uriel, one of the worst posters ever, right?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    QuentinQuentin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

you hang around impotently blithering about elementary-school japanese children's cartoons in between bouts of slick cheese-smelling masturbation, if people spat on you as they walked by it'd only be because it'd probably be the closest thing you took to a bath in days
    Why do you have to resort to these levels of insults? and you didn't even answer my question.

You can't kick someone out of a forum without a good reason, I'm not a troll, I just fall under this category:

"The poster has posted something controversial which is very likely to cause heated discussion."

oh wait no that was all in self-defense you are just a sick neckbearded babe in the woods

fuck off and die

You do know the Digimon Yaoi stuff is not true, posted by Uriel, one of the worst posters ever, right?

What about the Digi-yaoi stories you posted in Spoon a couple years back?

Quentin on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Avatar's quality starts out pretty low, but that's because its heart lies in its character development and animation.

Basically I was going to continue writing about it, but pika's spoiler pretty much covers anything I'd say.

They leave a lot of room for growth in the beginning.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »
    He has no hair, and a dumb blue arrow on his forehead. I could not root for that character under any circumstance.

I pretty much agree with Frosteey on this one thing, because the big blue arrow is the dumbest thing i've seen come out of character design in quite some time.

It's like they're trying to make this big epic story and then you realize how god-damn retarded the main character looks and it falls down like a house of cards.
    Not really, but it definitely pulled me out of the experience a lot.

Godfather on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ergandar wrote: »
    Liar Game remains my guilty pleasure

+1

Smasher on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Quentin wrote: »
    SHUT UP AND DIE

fuck off and die

What about the Digi-yaoi stories you posted in Spoon a couple years back?

This happened years ago, and it wasn't interspecies, it was only homoeritic, Yes, I was into Yaoi.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

fuck off and die

you admitted to it yourself you stupid fucking asshole
    This happened years ago, and it wasn't interspecies, it was only homoeritic, Yes, I was into Yaoi.

FUCK. OFF

edit: SAME-MOMENT COMBO CALLOUT

Rust on
  • Options
    QuentinQuentin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    On-topic, One Piece this week is great, as usual, and Toradora has taken a sharp right into Trainwreck-ville.

Quentin on
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SHUT UP AND DIE

fuck off and die

FUCK. OFF

WAS.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm progressing on School Days at a rate of about one episode a week now.

I think I'll need something cheery after this. Make that super cheery.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Potemayo.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Potemayo.

Now and Then, Here and There

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aand, just about done with Area 88 OVA 1.
    Heh. Poor Shin just gets all the bad luck. $500,000 down the drain trying to earn $20,000 more and make the money he needs to get out of there.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Potemayo.

Now and Then, Here and There

Seen it, but good try. School Days makes that show look uplifting!

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Avatar is great. The characters are well developed and evocative. The plot is well crafted. The animation is superb. The fights are awesome. The writing is genuanly witty. The world is intriguing.

It puts most anime of a similar genre (like Naruto) to shame.

Best American cartoon since Kim Possible.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Quentin wrote: »
    On-topic, One Piece this week is great, as usual, and Toradora has taken a sharp right into Trainwreck-ville.

I'm waiting to see how it plays out next week.
    I wasn't expecting that to happen, but they've done well so far so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

It was good to find out about why Minorin had all those jobs though and that she's moving towards her own goal.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    trimmin' it down

fuck off and die

FUCK. OFF

WAS.

It's like he's really a politician

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Avatar is great. The characters are well developed and evocative. The plot is well crafted. The animation is superb. The fights are awesome. The writing is genuanly witty. The world is intriguing.

Also, its creators actively fucked with shippers.

Which is fantastic.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »

Which is fantastic.

Wait, as in, credible evidence that they did so? Good for them.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Avatar really is an amazing show.

Also Zoids Genesis really picks up after a few episodes. Kind of weird that aside from two pilots the entire main team is well over puberty/generic mecha pilot age.

Also artillery-covered panda-based mecha who wheels around giant cannons to use as traps = best thing ever

Furu on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Which is fantastic.

Read a transcript of any Comic-con panel they went to.

It's great.

Furu on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Which is fantastic.

I recall reading an interview where they mentioned after they found out about it that they went "wait, people do this stuff?" - then look at all of the stuff in the third season.

And then of course there's this:

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Smasher wrote: »
    Ergandar wrote: »
    Liar Game remains my guilty pleasure

+1

Man, I thought I was the only one who read it.

Akiyama is onto Yokoya's scheme methinks.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Which is fantastic.

I recall reading an interview where they mentioned after they found out about it that they went "wait, people do this stuff?" - then look at all of the stuff in the third season.

And then of course there's this:

They did an amusing shipper bit, with Zutara and Kataang and all that. One of them was Azula X Blue Spirit. You could hear the "what is WRONG with you?!" coming from the audience.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    God dammit, why does Tite Kubo have to be so fucking phenomenal at creature design?

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    God dammit, why does Tite Kubo have to be so fucking phenomenal at creature design?

Say what?

I hope you're not talking about the latest Bleach because that shit is uninspired as all get-out.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Avatar it is for my next "Anime" viewing.

Not that the distinction is really needed, but there you go. I know at other times D&D has had a seperate Avatar discussion, possibly due to weeabooism.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Say what?

I hope you're not talking about the latest Bleach because that shit is uninspired as all get-out.
    I'm so hoping he impales Ulquiorra on his horns, because that would be lulz-fucking-tastic.
    Followed by a point-blank cero.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Say what?

I'm so hoping he impales Ulquiorra on his horns, because that would be lulz-fucking-tastic.
    Followed by a point-blank cero.
    they don't really seem like the kind of horns made for impaling

also you totally know he's going to de-power just as ulquiorra's on the ropes

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Say what?

My standards for Bleach have been dropped so low at this point anything will get a rise out of me regarding this series.

Plus i'm an art major and sometimes a sucker for lineart.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    God, I can't wait for this thread to be locked.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Say what?

My standards for Bleach have been dropped so low at this point anything will get a rise out of me regarding this series.

I still follow Bleach out of misguided hope Kubo will find himself again and return to form.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well at the very least, Bleach has been making the ink companies happy lately.

Seriously they're using a ton of black ink there.

Slicer on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So after seeing the OP and such posted I've decided to give Utena another try. I'm close to as far in as I was last time and the in show music and re-used animation sequences aren't grating on me quite as badly so I should be able to keep going.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Say what?

I still follow Bleach out of misguided hope Kubo will find himself again and return to form.

At least the anime has been really good during this uhh... prequel arc? Though I didn't like the implication at the end of 211 that once this is done they're going into a filler story.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkady wrote: »

Say what?

At least the anime has been really good during this uhh... prequel arc? Though I didn't like the implication at the end of 211 that once this is done they're going into a filler story.

There's not a lot of space between the anime and the manga at this point. I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't start a new filler arc after the flashback.

Slicer on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkady wrote: »

Say what?

The 100 years in the past story has been the best thing that's been in Bleach in a long long time.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just can't believe how dull the fights in Bleach are, especially when they're animated. They stand around yakking for twenty minutes and end the fight in two or three moves, often repeated over and over again.

It's like the Yu-Gi-Oh of shounen.

Rust on
This discussion has been closed.