As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anime] I'm slowly beginning to hate almost everyone in this thread

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    As an animator I concur. I can count the frames they use for most of the fight segments on my fingers.

Given how Twelve frames a second is the standard, and Twenty Four is the gold standard, this is pretty abysmal.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I see no way how One Piece can become more awesome then what is currently happening.

It's already approaching TTGL levels of awesome and insanity, I don't know what would happen if it surpassed it.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I see no way how One Piece can become more awesome then what is currently happening.

It's already approaching TTGL levels of awesome and insanity, I don't know what would happen if it surpassed it.

Surely, this is gross exaggeration.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »

BALLET FIGHTING OFF A WOLF PACK

LUFFY SCARING OFF THE REST OF THE PACK BY SCREAMING REALLY LOUD WHILE HALF-MELTED AND TOTALLY BLIND

MEGA-BALLET FIGHTER DOCTOR GUY

Rust on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rust wrote: »

LUFFY SCARING OFF THE REST OF THE PACK BY SCREAMING REALLY LOUD WHILE HALF-MELTED AND TOTALLY BLIND

HOLDING A GOBLET OF WINE

OR POSSIBLY BRANDY

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    But seriously guys, the second Digimon movie is the shit. it's System Shock with awesome monsters instead of hacking.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »

HOLDING A GOBLET OF WINE

OR POSSIBLY BRANDY

Guys

Guys

You're all missing the best part
    01.jpg

ALPACA TANK

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    But seriously guys, the second Digimon movie is the shit. it's System Shock with awesome monsters instead of hacking.

You and I clearly have different definitions of "the shit".

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »

Guys

Guys

You're all missing the best part
    01.jpg

ALPACA TANK

Franky is so rad

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kdrudy wrote: »
    So after seeing the OP and such posted I've decided to give Utena another try. I'm close to as far in as I was last time and the in show music and re-used animation sequences aren't grating on me quite as badly so I should be able to keep going.

The stock footage I can understand, but the music?

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I wish it was.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    kdrudy wrote: »
    So after seeing the OP and such posted I've decided to give Utena another try. I'm close to as far in as I was last time and the in show music and re-used animation sequences aren't grating on me quite as badly so I should be able to keep going.

The stock footage I can understand, but the music?

Usually I'd like that type of stuff, but for some reason Absolute Destiny Apocalypse and the song when they are dueling drive me nuts. Those are really the ones that bother me, other music is usually fine.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope this thread ends with a better title.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Has it ever?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

20030702h.gif

:?:
    I just wanted an excuse to post that strip

Slicer on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm slowly beginning to hate almost everyone in this thread

Particularly Bore's constant fakeposting to rile Shrimpy

Seriously, I know fakeposting is like, your thing, but you've been infracted and jailed for it numerous times and really it was barely even funny once

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Any opinions on the Evangelion manga or Re-Take?

I know the manga differs some, but is it enough that it wouldn't benefit from a bit of a breather after finishing the series?

The first manga based on the show's actual story is fantastic, and adds tons of character depth and transitioning. It's basically the way Gainax wished the show could've been, had they a bigger budget at the time. The first few episodes of the series, where the pacing kind of blew and the show was sort of generic and episodic, are totally smoothed over. The manga is one of the sources for how the characters will evolve in the new rebuild movies. The only problem is, it's ages between releases, and the final volume probably won't be out until the end of Rebuild.
    I'd take a good dub over a sub any day. Subtitles are just too distracting for me, I have a LOT of trouble focusing on both the action on the screen and the words at the same time, so I end up missing one of them at any given time.

Plus I just plain don't like how most Japanese VAs sound. Especially the women...and ESPECIALLY the ones with the really squeaky voices. Ugh.

I fully agree. If something's animated, then there really isn't too much of a point in releasing it sub-only as long as you've got a dubbing budget. I prefer dubs because they allow me to enjoy the art and action of the series more, and to look for clues and other easter eggs more intensely. There are a few things I own that are sub only, and I'm really bummed out about all of them because they're some of my favorites (Original Gundam Movie Trilogy, Galaxy Express 999 Korean R0, Arcadia of My Youth, Toward the Terra Series + Movie, All of Votoms).

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

Seriously, I know fakeposting is like, your thing, but you've been infracted and jailed for it numerous times and really it was barely even funny once

It's true, I try to teach through my fakeposting but it doesn't seem to be getting through.

I did cut back for awhile but it's hard. Comedy is a harsh mistress.

Plus you secretly love everyone here, especially Shrimpy.

I think I am going to give Xam'd and Avatar a shot, and maybe someday finish School Days.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Slicer wrote: »

[IG]http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030702h.gif[/IMG]

:?:
    I just wanted an excuse to post that strip

Exactly

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It's true, I try to teach through my fakeposting but it doesn't seem to be getting through.

I did cut back for awhile but it's hard. Comedy is a harsh mistress.

Plus you secretly love everyone here, especially Shrimpy.

I think I am going to give Xam'd and Avatar a shot, and maybe someday finish School Days.
    See I know you had to be trolling. the Digimon dub is a horrible defilement.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Goddamn, and I dared to hope we were rid of you. Fuck off.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Will you ever stop being hostile for no reason?

Wasn't a script made if you wanna avoid me?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

EAT SHIT AND DIE

Rust on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Actually, I do really like the Digimon dub, I've just never seen, nor will I probably ever see the original work, so I am not being completely honest in my comparison.

Steve Blum did a lot of script writing for the dub on season three and beyond though, I know that much.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wasn't a script made if you wanna avoid me?

You provide me more reason with each post. I'm not even going to bother listing all the reasons we want you gone for the four hundredth time, you never listen anyway. Get the fuck out.

I could go back to the script, sure, but it doesn't change that you are an awful human being, and the entirety of the forums would be a better place without you.

And, dare I say it, the world?

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Actually, I do really like the Digimon dub, I've just never seen, nor will I probably ever see the original work, so I am not being completely honest in my comparison.

Steve Blum did a lot of script writing for the dub on season three and beyond though, I know that much.

Not to mention providing voice for the two best characters.

incidentally hearing Guilmon speak out of his scruffy face was incredibly unsettling

Rust on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I hope this thread ends with a better title.

Just for you, Pika.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You provide me more reason with each post. I'm not even going to bother listing all the reasons we want you gone for the four hundredth time, you never listen anyway. Get the fuck out.
    Like I said, didn't someone here make a script to "get rid of me" if they didn't like me?

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Like I said, didn't someone here make a script to "get rid of me" if they didn't like me?

If you're gonna go back and ninja-edit your posts, at least give me time to do it, too, goddamn

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The thing is we shouldn't be unable to talk about a show without shrimpy starting to spout torrents of stupidity all over the place. And even if nothing comes up, he starts baiting people looking for a reaction with just flat out retardation.

Almost every thread ends with him being an idiot. Then we'll make it safe through another 20 pages before he feels the need to plea for attention. Shrimpstorm ensues for 10 pages. Things go back to normal.

Someone mentions Gurren Lagann. He 'spergs out again. Another 10 pages gone.

Repeat one of the above around pages 60-70.

End of thread arrives and this shit happens again.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    The thing is we shouldn't be unable to talk about a show without shrimpy starting to spout torrents of stupidity all over the place. And even if nothing comes up, he starts baiting people looking for a reaction with just flat out retardation.

Almost every thread ends with him being an idiot. Then we'll make it safe through another 20 pages before he feels the need to plea for attention. Shrimpstorm ensues for 10 pages. Things go back to normal.

Someone mentions Gurren Lagann. He 'spergs out again. Another 10 pages gone.

Repeat one of the above around pages 60-70.

End of thread arrives and this shit happens again.
    Dammit, I do not cry out for attention or otherwise troll, This is me:

"The poster has posted something controversial which is very likely to cause heated discussion."

This can be non-malicious!

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That may be true Kelor, but in this particular thread, people were fakeposting all over the place to get him riled up and I know that it's mostly Shrimpy's fault for being a tard but no one had to encourage him

And don't give me this shit about "oh I was just joking" because you know Shrimpy can't tell and yet you do it anyway

This thread has a nice title by the way

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

"The poster has posted something controversial which is very likely to cause heated discussion."

Perhaps you should read the rule below that one that you ignored earlier.
    Elki wrote:
    Don't troll.
    This has a working definition of "attempting to be as annoying as possible while still technically obeying the rules," and it's not the way to go about getting attention. Attempting to derail threads, posting off-topic bullshit, or flame-baiting are all verboten. There also tends to be a thin line between being abusive and immature and simply being argumentative. Crossing it persistently will lead to a ban.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kelor wrote: »

Perhaps you should read the rule below that one that you ignored earlier.
    Elki wrote:
    Don't troll.
    This has a working definition of "attempting to be as annoying as possible while still technically obeying the rules," and it's not the way to go about getting attention. Attempting to derail threads, posting off-topic bullshit, or flame-baiting are all verboten. There also tends to be a thin line between being abusive and immature and simply being argumentative. Crossing it persistently will lead to a ban.
    I don't see anything in there about simple being controversial and being cousing heated discussion in there. I don't troll with the purpose of being annoying. I hate the very act of trolling as it is!

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That may be true Kelor, but in this particular thread, people were fakeposting all over the place to get him riled up and I know that it's mostly Shrimpy's fault for being a tard but no one had to encourage him

And don't give me this shit about "oh I was just joking" because you know Shrimpy can't tell and yet you do it anyway

i'm not joking around, i really want him to fall down a flight of stairs

to get a little perspective on life

be separated from anime for a bit

Rust on
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    The best part of Ikki Tousen was one of the special features of the DVD which was an interview with the director (I think) and they were doing a photo suit with some model basically cosplaying the main character and doing kicks and such and the interview basically consisted of him talking about how carefully crafting fight scenes that maximize fan service was serious business.

You have to provide a link.
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So we're watching the trailer for Queen's Blade and had to wonder: why isn't this Hentai?

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wow. and I thought the crazy in D&D would have died with Casket.

On-topic, SHin Mazinger can't come soon enough.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wow.

It would be really nice, but the potential for serious, disabling injury isn't high enough. Maybe have your hands run over by a bus, or stick your fingers in a garbage disposal. Something to get you to quit fucking posting.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wow.

It would be really nice, but the potential for serious, disabling injury isn't high enough. Maybe have your hands run over by a bus, or stick your fingers in a garbage disposal. Something to get you to quit fucking posting.

well hey permanent crippling might be too far too fast

he just needs to drop this horrendous hobby-as-lifestyle bullshit and get bounced between a few neurologists until he can become a functioning member of society

i mean i'm working on term papers in between posting about pirate anime rather than jerking off to cartoon porn relevant to said anime, i like to think i'm sort of well-adjusted,

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wow.

well hey permanent crippling might be too far too fast

he just needs to drop this horrendous hobby-as-lifestyle bullshit and get bounced between a few neurologists until he can become a functioning member of society

i mean i'm working on term papers in between posting about pirate anime rather than jerking off to cartoon porn relevant to said anime, i like to think i'm sort of well-adjusted,
    I don't like fanfic anymore. but you people don't listen to me, because "oh god I like Digimon".

Clawshrimpy on
This discussion has been closed.