Options

Max Payne 3 coming this Winter

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Sepah wrote: »
    On the topic of Max Payne, are there any good mods for 2? I know there was Kung Fu and some others for the first, but I enjoyed 2 a lot more and I'd like to get some more life out of it.

Cinema Mod.

Cinema rules

It's hard to play without it anymore
    CALLIN' ALL FREAKS

THAT'S THE NAME OF THE GAME

I really don't know how to react to that song. It's the cheesiest thing ever composed, but damn if it's also not perfect for being a badass.

I did watch Blade 2 yesterday..

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    I happen to like my knickers all twisted. The tight bunched up feeling rubs all the good spots ooooh yes.

And you are saying all media again, as if there's enough media that all could be used.

Sorry man three bits isn't enough.

All I'm saying is that people are seeing three bits of media, judging three bits of media, and I happen to find the conclusions they are jumping to ridiculous.
    They are judging the media. All the media. All three peices of the media. How awful of them?

This very specific point you are making now is not in line with the extremely general point you originally made.
    Goomba wrote: »
    There's new and there's "This isn't really the same game at all but we put the name on it like it is so buy it for the name!"

So I'm going to drop this now alright.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    On the topic of Max Payne, are there any good mods for 2? I know there was Kung Fu and some others for the first, but I enjoyed 2 a lot more and I'd like to get some more life out of it.

Cinema Mod.

Cinema rules

CALLIN' ALL FREAKS

I really don't know how to react to that song. It's the cheesiest thing ever composed, but damn if it's also not perfect for being a badass.

chem bros have the tendency to use shit songs to make money while the rest of their stuff is fucking awesome but not marketable

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

Cinema Mod.

Cinema rules

CALLIN' ALL FREAKS

chem bros have the tendency to use shit songs to make money while the rest of their stuff is fucking awesome but not marketable

One thing that I have to say sucked in Max Payne was weapon balance, which Cinema mod largely fixes and makes them all viable, so just go with whatever makes you feel coolest.

Oh, and throws in a minigun. Just hit slowmo and strafe sideways, don't bother to aim. :P

subedii on
  • Options
    WibodWibod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Weapon balance was fine in MP2 since headshots were the name of the game.

Wibod on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The akimbo berettas looked cool but hardly ever dropped anyone in MP1

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Did with the Kungfu mod.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Did with the Kungfu mod.
    Well vanilla I mean, dumbface <3

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wibod wrote: »

Come on admit it, sometimes you just want to bust into a room spraying your MP5K's everywhere.

subedii on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You should never play Max Payne vanilla again now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    subedii wrote: »

Come on admit it, sometimes you just want to bust into a room spraying your MP5K's everywhere.

This is the best way to enter a room

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LamoidLamoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man, I tried playing MP 2 with the cinema mod based purely on you guys talking about it here.

Holy Crap.

Does anyone else constantly turn bullet time on and off until you get to a specific song?

Lamoid on
    Laymoid.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Lamoid wrote: »
    Oh man, I tried playing MP 2 with the cinema mod based purely on you guys talking about it here.

Holy Crap.

Does anyone else constantly turn bullet time on and off until you get to a specific song?

Yep

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can you use mods on the Max Payne games on Steam? 15 bucks for both seems like a good deal, but not if I can't use the Cinema or Kung Fu mod.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can you use mods on the Max Payne games on Steam? 15 bucks for both seems like a good deal, but not if I can't use the Cinema or Kung Fu mod.

You can, im runnign Kung Fu. Steam just adds the steam overlay and installs it to the steam folder. Nothing else is changed.

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I really, really need to try the Kung Fu and Cinema mods at some point.

Well, assuming I break free of Diablo 2's evil grasp. Especially before Diablo 3 shows up and takes full ownership of my soul sometime this year or next (hopefully).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Which weapons were bad in MP2? I can't think of any.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh wow you can totally kung fu everybody with a bit of luck.

There are a few situations you have to use guns. And a couple of bugs. Regardless I did a runthrough with the mod and used it fairly liberally but I'm going to replay doing it all with the kungfu.

There was this one situation involving two assault rifles and a guy with double uzis that I kept repeating to try and get past with minimal health loss because I had no health packs, I ended up with the best run just shooting one then beating the crap out of the second one while using him as cover from the third. Then that guy ran behind a pillar for some reason and when he came out the other side he said hello to mr fly kick to the head.

For some reason jump dodges and shoot dodges in the kung fu mod either give you invulnerability or the enemy just can't shoot for shit. You can get close to most people just by jumping at them.
    A bit weird.

The shotgun super air dodge is a bit annoying though since it often obscures your line of sight. It's fuck off awesomeness more than makes up for this small lack. Oh and once I jump air dodged forward straight into a molotov cocktail that the old dodge would have gone under haha.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Did with the Kungfu mod.

Oh god, I was a brain surgeon with the Desert Eagle with the Kung fu mo. Just tons of slo-mo leaning headshots.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Drunken shootdodge is the best thing ever.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I really need to play MP2. I only beat the first one. But I have so many games in my backlog. I should probably just take a year off from college to finish this list. I don't think my family and girlfriend would approve, though.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    anoffday wrote: »
    I really need to play MP2. I only beat the first one. But I have so many games in my backlog. I should probably just take a year off from college to finish this list. I don't think my family and girlfriend would approve, though.

MP2 is like six hours long. It's hardly going to kill you.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    WibodWibod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

This is the only way to enter a room

Although dual desert eagles came close as they were so over the top.

Wibod on
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's the only way to enter a room. Learned that at school.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Akatsuki wrote: »

It's the only way to enter a room. Learned that at school.

...awkwaaaard.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am partial to jump kicking the door then beating the crap out of the first guy, flipping across the room to the other guy and sweeping his legs out from under him then kick comboing the last guy out the window.

Oh max payne two oh right I'm so sorry I had no idea.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

My favorite akimbo weapons in the game right there.
    Using the dualie eagles as I go into the room from the balcony in the apartment level (7?) with 'Pompeii' playing as I try to end everyone inside in the span of a single Bullet Time is something I can do over and over again forever.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited March 2009

My favorite akimbo weapons in the game right there.
    Using the dualie eagles as I go into the room from the balcony in the apartment level (7?) with 'Pompeii' playing as I try to end everyone inside in the span of a single Bullet Time is something I can do over and over again forever.

Personally I liked
    leaping off the balcony, triggering bullet time in midair, shooting the two guards on the balcony below, then using the remainder of my bullet time to leap inside and ruin everyone's day with piping hot lead

I love that entire level, really

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    In the bit where
    Max leaps out of the exploding building
    I liked shooting all the barrels and throwing grenades just before I triggered the cutscene, just to make it that much more awesome

LaCabra on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

wait seriously? maybe i should bust it out. i wanted to play through 1 again and go through 2 but since 1 was fucking up i lost interest

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    2 is definitely about that short. I remember starting it at midnight and cleared it in one sitting, before daylight.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Less, definitely. The day it came out I beat it twice (for both endings) in about six hours.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »

Less, definitely. The day it came out I beat it twice (for both endings) in about six hours.

You have to beat it three times for the alternate ending.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

You have to beat it three times for the alternate ending.

Which blows anyway.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I used a cheat to unlock Dead on Arrival the second time (though I did not cheat in the actual game)

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just watched it on Youtube

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Who wants to link me to the Max Payne 1 Vista sound patch?

LaCabra on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Dude I just did this today. And tested, it works.

link

donhonk on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cinema is pretty awesome. I really hate the Type O Negative song though. Makes me feel like I'm playing DDR or some other less awesome game.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    donhonk wrote: »

Dude I just did this today. And tested, it works.

link

does this work with the Steam verson?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
This discussion has been closed.