As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[E3 2011] SONY - Post-keynote wrap-up and discussion here!

HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration ThreadCentrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Games and Technology
Sony's E3 Keynote 2011

Nicely done, Jeremy!

Sony has probably had the most troublesome console gen in the history of video games. They're riding into E3 hot on the tail of the PSN being brought down after a massive hack, and a series of hacks smaller in scale have been plaguing the company ever since. To make things more awkward, Sony is slated to have a five hour showing at E3! Any publicity is good publicity I guess. So what does Sony bring this year?

EvilBadMan insists that I put this here: Freddie W real time heckling

Bullet Points of Convenience:
  • Off to the worst start, a delay; crowd control blamed by Sony, but come on; the Gametrailers coverage is, at least, hilarious, with various cutting-off of people
  • Crowd was asked to put on 3D glasses before the event started
  • Opens with an obscure video with a Move controller; various game clips showing; lots of movie-based game clips; Wow, the GT coverage managed to cut into the opening montage for Sony's keynote, but then again nothing is really going on that's important yet
  • Jack Tretton takes the stage to open; 6,000 people present; brings up the PSN outage!
  • Oh god, he made fun of it saying "Your welcome" to news outlets, ouch; "Without you there is no Playstation"; says he hopes the next 90 minutes convince non-Sony fans or those who talked away to reconsider; back to pitching Sony in a regular manner
  • Announces CinemaNOW partnership for PSN
  • Uncharted 3 - live demo shown, on a ship out at sea; water coming onto the ship looks real good; very tense showing!; multiplayer beta June 28th; cinematic trailer shown after, just as tense; 11-1-11
  • Resistance 3 - dude from Insomniac plays with a pink controller, tee-hee; "cheap-seats" joke, and nobody is impressed; "Put on your glasses"; live demo, shootin' stuff; player picks up a power core and has to make a run for it while NPCs assist by doing the fighting; ends abruptly; "Sharp-Shooter Bundle," has a Move controller, nunchuk, gun, and the game, all for $150
  • God of War Origins Collection - remastered HD titles
  • Ice and Shadow of the Collossus - remasterd HD collection
  • Playstation brand 3D display - allows for 2 players to see two different full-screens at once; no price
  • Playstation brand 3D glasses - works for many sets
  • Full bundle is $499 for the glasses, TV, HDMI cable, and a game
  • 2k Sports takes the stage when Move is discussed
  • NBA 2k12 - NBA On The Move - Controlled by the move controller; point to a player, do action; Kobe Bryant brought on stage to demonstrate; "That's rude!"; someone on stage is breathing REALLY heavily; BRO-HUG
  • Medieval Move - Move focused game, also in 3D; basically the traditional sword-wand game; puzzles based on wand movement; one-to-one control; the guy playing doesn't seem to be following the script tightly, hahaha; live demo stops when player is having difficulty on balance portion
  • Infamous 2 - "What is this Infamous clone?" says someone on IRC; out like tomorrow or now or whatever; Move can be used to create content for Infamous 2
  • Little Big Planet 2 - Update coming in September to allow for Move-control based level creation / play
  • Starhawk - From the makers of Warhawk!; early 2012; cinematic trailer shows battle on land between people, then vehicles enter the scene, then ships, then zooms out to space with ships, woo
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Nice trailer but no gameplay; coming 2012
  • Guy who made EVE takes the stage; makes a joke about Iceland being famous for interrupting your trans-Atlantic flights, ho ho
  • Dust 513 - FPS console game that is directly tied into the PC game EVE; Looks like Halo, or Planetside, take your pick; ISK is the only connection to EVE so far, used to buy things in the game; no clear connection explained; 2012; closed beta at the end of this year, PS3 exclusive
  • Bioshock Infinite - "This trailer was entirely made from gameplay footage"; Ken Levine takes the stage, brings up his "skeptic comments" about motion control; have I mentioned this dude reminds me of Charlie from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?; he's talking about Sony sending them a Move to try out, to get casuals into hardcore games (nice agenda); Bioshock comes on the same disc as Infinite
  • Bioshock NGP / PSV - Ken Levine dropped a bomb that a Bioshock is in development for the handheld
  • Saints Row 3 - brief mention?
  • Star Trek - Move-compatible game, use the phasers woo; Tretton notes a couple of "Trekkers" in the audience awkwardly; pre-Alpha footage shown, claims to be gameplay, but it's an edited video anyway; very action-packed
  • SSX - Mount Fuji is an exclusive level on the PS3
  • Need for Speed: The Run - Seven additional super-cars exclusive to the PS3
  • Battlefield 3 - Battlefield 1943 bundled on the same disc
  • All the above was emphasized as being thanks to the Blu-Ray storage capacity
  • KAZ HIRAI TAKES THE STAGE - Makes a note of Jack wearing a tie? Was that a joke?
  • Playstation Suite - Playstation certified Androids / tablets have access; but what is it?
  • Playstation Portable - "We continue to have very high expectations in the years to come."
  • Playstation Vita - Pronounced "veeta"; "What does Vita mean? Vita means life."; front and rear cameras "never before seen" which is a lie but whatever; partnered with AT&T exclusive carrier for Vita, gets some boos; no information on pricing; Near announced, "Nair" pronunciation; provides social-connection tools; again, no specifics yet, coming in the "near future"
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss - touch screen melee combat; "traversal," is that a word?; six-axis controls implemeneted at jumping points; you can highlight a path to take by drawing your finger on the screen; apparently utilizes rear-touch controls, but wasn't shown due to time
  • Ruin - Action-RPG; main presenter is breathing too heavily; Diablo-esque gameplay, utilizes combos; you can help, hinder, or harm people in multiplayer; "rivals" are multiplayer peoples; rivals build lairs; you must defend your lair; there will be a Playstation 3 version, your saves are compatible over the cloud service
  • ModNation Racers - not a port, new title for Vita; nervous laughter / breathing from presenter; draw tracks on the screen; Vita controls all over the Vita itself function to make tracks / scenery; have access to content made on the PS3 version
  • Cross-platform function and play between the Vita and PS3
  • Little Big Planet - touch, tilt, rear-touch gameplay; multiplayer on the same unit, switching turns OR simultaneous!
  • Street Fighter X Tekken - well, a translator was necessary; Cole from Infamous will be on the Vita title; showcases the game with Cole being played; uh, live-demo ends abruptly; PS3 version is available for people to try at E3 too
  • "I can't believe Kaz made fun of my tie. I was tempted to bust out that Ridge Racer line but..." oh ho ho, Jack!

The End-Keynote Megaton:
Vita launches this holiday season; two models; WiFi only, and 3G; WiFi model costs $249, 3G $299

The Bottom-Line:
Sony is persuing the 3D stuff hard. And Jeremy is quite talented.

Various Nonsense:
images and shit forthcoming

Henroid on

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sony wins E3 unless Nintendo drops a bomb with their new console. Discuss!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Didn't see $249 US Dollars coming.

(How much do you guys think those PSVs actually cost to manufacture? That must be an insane hit they're willing to take here.)

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That went so fucking well for Sony, that was really surprising. I'm not saying MS' was bad (IMO they did as good as they could, whatever), but Sony had a very good showing. I think it's because they came into it with such a shitty rep. Like the dude on the GT coverage said, "most to lose, most to gain."

Henroid on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Sony wins E3 unless Nintendo drops a bomb with their new console. Discuss!

Eh, I think it's too early to claim anything. They did have the best conference so far though (but honestly, that's only compared to Microsoft and all theirs had was more Kinect peddling as expected). We'll see after tomorrow.

Anyways, as I said in the other thread, at that price I'll consider getting a Vita, but it will probably depend on if it supports all the PSP titles I've been wanting to try.

P.S. - My God these server busy messages are pissing me off tonight...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    $249

Wow, good job Sony

Nintendo is absolutely gonna have to drop the price on the 3DS

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Good job Jeremy!

Uncharted 3 looks good. 24" 3DTV with that cool splitscreen thing looks good. Big meh to the rest for me. The conference was by far the funniest conference though, whether intentional or unintentional.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drovek wrote: »
    Didn't see $249 US Dollars coming.

(How much do you guys think those PSVs actually cost to manufacture? That must be an insane hit they're willing to take here.)

If the rumors are to be believed, Sony set the price point, designed the tech around it... and then cut the tech in half to support the price.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    $250/Bioshock exclusive game has me considering a Vita
    Infamous 2/Uncharted 3 look cool
    Sly Cooper/Street Fighter X Tekken
    Although I wont buy it, the TV/glasses deal is a good idea.

Way better then 360, pretty good standing alone without comparison to anything else. Sony seems to be vying for my money more then 360 this year.

Ruins on
    ach.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Very good conference, lots of impressive stuff all around, even showed some good uses for Move and some great Vita games.
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    $249

Wow, good job Sony

Nah.

Vita's games could be $50-$60. And they've already said the system has no internal storage and uses a new format of memory stick, which they can price at whatever they want. The ball is in their court as to whether the system is truly competitive, price-wise.

Also Nintendo doesn't have to drop the price, they could just bundle Mario Kart again.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    That went so fucking well for Sony, that was really surprising. I'm not saying MS' was bad (IMO they did as good as they could, whatever), but Sony had a very good showing. I think it's because they came into it with such a shitty rep. Like the dude on the GT coverage said, "most to lose, most to gain."

Yeah, this was easily the best presented, least silly conference of E3

They dropped some facts, dropped a few bombs about pricing, showed hell of cool games and announced a few exclusives, and even got Ken fucking Levine interested

This is easily the best Sony conference I've ever seen, and the best conference at the show by a wide margin

At least so far!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited June 2011
    Very good conference, lots of impressive stuff all around, even showed some good uses for Move and some great Vita games.
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    $249

Wow, good job Sony

Nah.

Vita's games could be $50-$60. And they've already said the system has no internal storage and uses a new format of memory stick, which they can price at whatever they want. The ball is in their court as to whether the system is truly competitive, price-wise.

Also Nintendo doesn't have to drop the price, they could just bundle Mario Kart again.

Game pricing is something to consider, but no one looks at prices for memory sticks before buying a console

It's easily competitive, price-wise

Whether or not it's a better value is what's up for debate, but the simple fact that it's even up for debate means that shit just got real in the portable market

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Evangir wrote: »
    Good job Jeremy!

Uncharted 3 looks good. 24" 3DTV with that cool splitscreen thing looks good. Big meh to the rest for me. The conference was by far the funniest conference though, whether intentional or unintentional.

This is my position.

The biggest two things they revealed was Uncharted 3 and the Vita price both of which were impressive. I still want to know battery life for it and what is going to be on there because more powerful PSP isnt' doing it for me right now.

At least it was entertaining for the majority of it's length though, so I'll take that.

Also Jeremy was great and fueled oh so many jokes after.

Kelor on
    edited June 2011
    They really threw the PSP under the bus, though

"oh hey you know those God of War games for the PSP? yeah we know those play like ass on that system, so here, have some PS3 versions"

Combine that with Konami going "peace walker on PS3 and 360!" and the PSP has just about had it

Now if they can just do something to combat piracy on the Vita, they'll actually have something

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm sure we'll have this discussion for months to come, but $249 is very appealing for the hardware.

For software? I wait with tepid, but hopefully, reactions. There's still a chance we could see some high-priced software.

The biggest burden to bare is on Sony. I'm sure they are selling these at a loss. Maybe not blood-drainingly harsh, but I'm guess enough to remain competitive. Also, I still want my release date!

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
    edited June 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Game pricing is something to consider, but no one looks at prices for memory sticks before buying a console

Whether or not it's a better value is what's up for debate, but the simple fact that it's even up for debate means that shit just got real in the portable market

It's important because memory is absolutely required to take advantage of just about anything on the system. This isn't like "lol I need to buy four GBAs to play Crystal Chronicles," this is basic functionality that they can price at whatever premium they want.

Shit definitely got real, I'm just trying to be realistic. This was even a problem with the original PSP.

And I'm not being pessimistic for no reason or being a stupid fanboy, the system looks awesome, games look awesome, I want one. It's great stuff. I just think there could be more to this.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited June 2011

It's important because memory is absolutely required to take advantage of just about anything on the system. This isn't like "lol I need to buy four GBAs to play Crystal Chronicles," this is basic functionality that they can price at whatever premium they want.

Shit definitely got real, I'm just trying to be realistic. This was even a problem with the original PSP.

And I'm not being pessimistic for no reason or being a stupid fanboy, the system looks awesome, games look awesome, I want one. It's great stuff. I just think there could be more to this.

Alright, I can appreciate that

There is definitely more that we need to know before this thing actually launches

More I need to know, specifically, before I make a purchasing decision, since I was all the way gonna get a 3DS soon, and now I'm really not sure about that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What media does the Vita use anyway?

EDIT: Nevermind, flash cards. Got it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm still not sure about sony trying to homogenise everything that's playstation.

Could be cool and the way to the future.

Could totally backfire on them by making it not a compelling enough purchase.

We'll see.
    And they've already said the system has no internal storage

Where have they said that? Source?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited June 2011
    Fig-D wrote: »
    What media does the Vita use anyway?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/27/ngp-features-two-proprietary-card-slots-for-memory-storage-game/
    Where will users store non-game data? The NGP's LiveArea UI suggests that multimedia applications will be integral to the handheld, and many of these apps will obviously require data storage -- not to mention the storage requirements for downloadable games. While Sony has not mentioned an internal flash memory component of the NGP, SCE Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida revealed to Game Informer that the device will feature "two slots" for memory cards; one for the new game card format (which Yoshida confirmed would be proprietary -- not SD) and a second port for additional storage.

Whether the additional slot has been designed for Sony's existing proprietary Memory Stick (the "Micro" version is used for PSP Go memory expansion) has not been specified. "At this point, all we're saying is it is proprietary storage capabilities," SCEA boss Jack Tretton told Engadget, "we're not getting into defining what it is yet." [Update: In an interview with GameSpot, Yoshida said that the secondary slot is for "the media card that we are developing" (in addition to the game card), suggesting that NGP might use a proprietary media card other than an existing Memory Stick format.]

UncleSporky on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Vita's games could be $50-$60.

Yeah but the system could also have been, and everyone was joking (or not) that it would be $600. I wouldn't be surprised if the games were priced equally with 3DS, too.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited June 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »
    And they've already said the system has no internal storage

Where have they said that? Source?

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/no-internal-storage-for-ngp--4347.html
    Say goodbye to internal space and hello again to game cards. Unlike today's PSP models, Sony's new portable platform won't be utilizing internal hard drives for storage space. Instead, it'll be using dedicated memory cards that range between 2GB and 4GB.

According to PlayStation boss Kaz Hirai, the new design is based on a number of core values, including an innovative user interface, location-awareness, social connectivity, amplified reality, and PlayStation Suite compatibility.

Games on the NGP will weigh in at at least 1.8GB on the smaller cards and 3.6GB on the larger ones, with development costs previously confirmed to easily double that of PSP and DS titles. In addition, approximately 5 to 10 percent of the cards will be reserved for save/game data, patches and other such purposes.

It is important to note that the games themselves will have their own save area, so that's good. But most people will want non-game storage as well.

EDIT: Perhaps a better link.

UncleSporky on
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nice to hear that $249 price. Not because I want one but because I want them to put some pressure on Nintendo.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    US$249 with Wipeout on launch? It sold me on the PSP and it's just sold me on the PSV. Done!

edit: But fuck them for making yet another proprietary media card, I already have way too many of them!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2011
    I may have found something to disprove the internal memory thing, actually:

http://www.qj.net/ngp/news/gdc-2011-ngp-power-cant-equal-ps3s-demo-videos-details.html
    He does, however, remained mum about just how much the internal memory of the NGP will actually have. "I can't talk about the actual numbers, but compared to the PSP we have a LOT of memory... we're closer to PS3 than PSP in terms of memory size."

So perhaps that's not actually an issue here.

UncleSporky on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I may have found something to disprove the internal memory thing, actually:

http://www.qj.net/ngp/news/gdc-2011-ngp-power-cant-equal-ps3s-demo-videos-details.html
    He does, however, remained mum about just how much the internal memory of the NGP will actually have. "I can't talk about the actual numbers, but compared to the PSP we have a LOT of memory... we're closer to PS3 than PSP in terms of memory size."

So perhaps that's not actually an issue here.

Isn't that quote more about RAM and stuff? At least it seems that way with the comparison to the PS3's video memory.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
    edited June 2011
    I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I'm finding conflicting reports.

As per the quote, would anyone believe the Vita has 60 gig or more internal?

UncleSporky on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Still surprised there was no last second God of War 4 trailer showing Kratos about to kick some Norse ass. Excellent conference from Sony. Needed some game announcement bombs, and either an hardcore system seller for the move or some sort of description of HOW they're going to improve network security (something that an actual security expert can look at and go "Yes, this is a smart move and will greatly increase the security of the network.) to keep it from being a complete slam-dunk for me though.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2011
    Still surprised there was no last second God of War 4 trailer showing Kratos about to kick some Norse ass. Excellent conference from Sony. Needed some game announcement bombs, and either an hardcore system seller for the move or some sort of description of HOW they're going to improve network security (something that an actual security expert can look at and go "Yes, this is a smart move and will greatly increase the security of the network.) to keep it from being a complete slam-dunk for me though.

And I thought there were rumors of some God of War adventure game (God of War 4 notwithstanding).

Of course no Last Guardian, but I'm pretty sure that'll hit TGS and closer to around when the HD Ico/SotC hit.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    After not seeing it for the last two E3's, I don't expect it now. If it shows up, then it's a surprise, but otherwise, MEH.

Undead Scottsman on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm sure this is appropriate:
    1173457634_d5yix-L.jpg

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    edited June 2011
    Once again, all you need is a single Penny Arcade comic to explain everything.

V Faction on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Depends what you consider 'basic functionality'. If you just want to play retail games? You'll be fine. Saves, patches and DLC will save on the card. If you want a bunch of photos, music, videos or PSN games? Then yeah, you'll want extra storage. Hopefully it won't be too bad but no matter what happens, I imagine I'd run out of space. 3TB on my PC and 320GB on my PS3 has spoilt me a bit.

Well they are porting the best and worst God of War's to the PS3, so there's that (CoO being the best, GoS being the worst). Only problem is, combined they're still not as long as GoW2 (though I kinda felt like GoW2 dragged on a bit, whereas CoO is short but really sweet).

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

Yeah, this was easily the best presented, least silly conference of E3

They dropped some facts, dropped a few bombs about pricing, showed hell of cool games and announced a few exclusives, and even got Ken fucking Levine interested

This is easily the best Sony conference I've ever seen, and the best conference at the show by a wide margin

At least so far!

It's definitely their best one since before the PS3 price dropped, hands-fucking-down.

I was expecting them to abandon the Move, and they doubled-down on it. Now, I'm still unsure about the games available for it or how they're integrating it into others, but it's better than what they've had thus far.

But yeah it's like you said, they didn't fuck around with silly shit. I thought that Tretton's opening statements were really a bummer, but he was setting the tone of, "Y'know what, we're just gonna show you what we've got going, no bullshit, take it or leave it, but we do hope you enjoy." Sure, a goof up here and there, but it was easy to overlook because of all the positive shit that came out of the keynote.

Henroid on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Missed this one, but Giant Bomb has an Uncharted 3 video up. Oh god, it looks so goooood. But I just know one of our heroes' friends is going to bite it in this one. My money's on Sully, but I wouldn't be shocked if Chloe kicked the bucket either. Looks like the theme of this one is that Drake's recklessness is catching up to him, and there's usually a high price to pay for something like that.

Ceno on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have to say, Dust 513 was the most interesting new game they showed for me, especially if they can deliver half of the intergration with EVE that they hint at with the reveal and trailer. Surely, I'm not the only one that can see the glorious chaos of some corp hiring a bunch of groundpounders to take over some planet-based superweapon for an invasion, only to find out they are [strike]Goonswarm double agents[/strike] working for a third party and start firing it at both sides indescrimantly?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TeeMan wrote: »
    US$249 with Wipeout on launch? It sold me on the PSP and it's just sold me on the PSV. Done!

edit: But fuck them for making yet another proprietary media card, I already have way too many of them!

You know what, Nintendo does it all the damn time. I'm just glad Sony is doing it for the actual games so there will be great performance. No loading or slow downs because of a small disc format. Sony very easily could have rolled out UMD2.

I'm actually more concerned that Skype wasn't mentioned on it. Sorry but I would like Skype on both the PS3 and Vita.

Also the OP needs to update that the glass will be $60 a pop.

I'm probably going to buy that TV bundle. If that TV is 240hz it might be able to do split screen 3D. It's also could be very useful for LAN parties and tournaments now as well. On top of that if people can buy the bundle & then buy more of those cheaper glasses then they'll probably buy the larger Sony TVs to use the glasses with. Sony is probably going to make some cash off that thing just as a standard, I just hope it uses LED.

Dark Shroud on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm actually more concerned that Skype wasn't mentioned on it. Sorry but I would like Skype on both the PS3 and Vita.

Considering what just happened a couple weeks ago, I doubt that'll ever happen. Google chat though? Maybe.

They've confirmed that the Vita has cross game chat though, so that's good news.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MS is actually good about cross platform support. I could see them doing it just to keep everyone using Skype. But I'm not holding my breath.

Dark Shroud on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only way I'd even CONSIDER getting that new Sony display is if it's not only compatible with the PS3. I can't see that being the case, since it's got an HDMI connection, but god only knows. I mean, I already have my 50" plasma that I play on, but 3D could be cool to play around with. Having another TV that I could play on means my wife won't have to sit there pretending to not be bored while I play games...

Fawst on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If I could hook my PC up to it too then the PS3Dtv ( snazzy name) I'd get in on it.

Big Classy on