Options

[E3 2011] SONY - Post-keynote wrap-up and discussion here!

2»

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only real thing hurting the Vita I can see is launch titles. It's coming out this holiday season, but there are a bunch of blockbuster games coming out this holiday season (Skyrim and Uncharted 3 for example) and if they don't have good launch titles I can see people ignoring it. Its the one advantage the 3DS has in that its been out for months now and can build up a selection come this Christmas.

Edit: and yeah, about television they still have the issue that a bunch of families have only recently busted out for the LED/Plasma televisions and aren't wanting to replace them. My family bought a 55" when we got some money a couple of years ago and are not looking to trade that in anytime soon. When I go out on my own I might buy one, but that will be 2-4 years from now. And in general alot of families have bought a big television and don't want to replace them, especially considering how much of a lack of good movies and games that use 3D (though Sony seems to want to fight that.)

never die on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    V Faction wrote: »
    Still surprised there was no last second God of War 4 trailer showing Kratos about to kick some Norse ass. Excellent conference from Sony. Needed some game announcement bombs, and either an hardcore system seller for the move or some sort of description of HOW they're going to improve network security (something that an actual security expert can look at and go "Yes, this is a smart move and will greatly increase the security of the network.) to keep it from being a complete slam-dunk for me though.

And I thought there were rumors of some God of War adventure game (God of War 4 notwithstanding).

Of course no Last Guardian, but I'm pretty sure that'll hit TGS and closer to around when the HD Ico/SotC hit.

I was not only shocked there was no GOD4 but what happened to Twisted Metal? That was a huge announcement last year and it's supposed to come out this fall and they didn't even mention it. It could have been a huge bump.

and the vita looks cool. I really hope it has TV out like the PSP. My wife was watching the mod nation racers part and got really excited for that and LBP.

Artoria on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Vita was going to be $600, but Jeremy got them to change it to $249.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nicely done, Jeremy!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Vita was going to be $600, but Jeremy got them to change it to $249.

Okay yeah, it's official; Jeremy won our hearts over.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    never die wrote: »
    The only real thing hurting the Vita I can see is launch titles. It's coming out this holiday season, but there are a bunch of blockbuster games coming out this holiday season (Skyrim and Uncharted 3 for example) and if they don't have good launch titles I can see people ignoring it. Its the one advantage the 3DS has in that its been out for months now and can build up a selection come this Christmas.

Uncharted, Wipeout, Little Deviants and Hot Shots Golf are meant to be launch titles, I'm pretty sure they'll be good on that front. Add Ridge Racer, rumoured games (Lumines) and a number of probable ports (MW3, MK and all the usual sports games) to that and it'll be an even better launch than the PSP's (which was itself the best since the DC).

Edit: Here's the confirmed launch games so far:
    - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    - Hustle Kings
    - Wipeout 2048
    - Virtua Tennis 4
    - Super Stardust Delta
    - Sound Shapes
    - Hot Shot Golf (Everybody's Golf)
    - Real Fighters
    - Little Deviants

I'll probably add it to the (Vita) OP tomorrow. Very tired at the moment.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Vita looks totally impressive. Moreso than that Wii 2 U or whatever it's called.

As a big 360 and Kinect fan, I loved the Microsoft show, and they certainly generated a pile of chatter without any new hardware reveals, but honestly? I think Sony won E3 this year. Just.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fawst wrote: »
    The only way I'd even CONSIDER getting that new Sony display is if it's not only compatible with the PS3. I can't see that being the case, since it's got an HDMI connection, but god only knows. I mean, I already have my 50" plasma that I play on, but 3D could be cool to play around with. Having another TV that I could play on means my wife won't have to sit there pretending to not be bored while I play games...

Imagine a consumer grade TV that uses this tech to display a major 3D football game on one display and the Oprah Network on the other. Imagine earbud audio integrated into a $89 set of glasses. Imagine how many marriages this would save.

If only Sony can get something like that into the consumer/retail channels before the next Super Bowl, I suspect they can pretty much start printing money.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stupid wrote: »
    Imagine a consumer grade TV that uses this tech to display a major 3D football game on one display and the Oprah Network on the other. Imagine earbud audio integrated into a $89 set of glasses. Imagine how many marriages this would [strike]save[/strike] kill when husband is jumping up and cheering at a touchdown just as wife is watching someone reveal that their uncle drowned a box full of kittens.

Slightly awkward moments made worse with technology! :P

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Looks like I may buy a next gen handheld after all...

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only way I'd even CONSIDER getting that new Sony display is if it's not only compatible with the PS3. I can't see that being the case, since it's got an HDMI connection, but god only knows. I mean, I already have my 50" plasma that I play on, but 3D could be cool to play around with. Having another TV that I could play on means my wife won't have to sit there pretending to not be bored while I play games...

Imagine a consumer grade TV that uses this tech to display a major 3D football game on one display and the Oprah Network on the other. Imagine earbud audio integrated into a $89 set of glasses. Imagine how many marriages this would save.

If only Sony can get something like that into the consumer/retail channels before the next Super Bowl, I suspect they can pretty much start printing money.

This type of stuff is already in the market and the fact that so many people think the TV they talked about at the conference is the first to do it shows how little people care about the tech.

Opty on
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    not buying a Vita until i get a multiplayer game i care about that can be played on both the PS3 and vita

i would punch a baby for this to happen with MW3 this year....

zllehs on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Opty wrote: »

This type of stuff is already in the market and the fact that so many people think the TV they talked about at the conference is the first to do it shows how little people care about the tech.

Well, on the other hand, it certainly hasn't generated any buzz before now, so was it worth caring about? :P

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    zllehs wrote: »
    not buying a Vita until i get a multiplayer game i care about that can be played on both the PS3 and vita

I'm already sold on Ruin, as a concept at least (this could change), but I won't buy a Vita until more games come out for it that I feel I need to play. My standard buying-point for a console / handheld is matching the unit price in video game total price. $250 Vita means $250 worth of (new price) video games I want. And it doesn't mean buying it all at once, people keep trashing this system I've worked out for myself thinking I'm going to drop $500 in a single day.

Henroid on
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »

I'm already sold on Ruin, as a concept at least (this could change), but I won't buy a Vita until more games come out for it that I feel I need to play. My standard buying-point for a console / handheld is matching the unit price in video game total price. $250 Vita means $250 worth of (new price) video games I want. And it doesn't mean buying it all at once, people keep trashing this system I've worked out for myself thinking I'm going to drop $500 in a single day.

thats.... actually pretty sound knowledge lol

never used that logic but i think i will from now on especially for the Vita lol (i like the name btw -- PSV!)

that being said... i would buy this for just MW3 cross platform and pay for both the ps3 and PSv versions lol

zllehs on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guess Vanillaware looked at those old Capcom D&D games and said "we can do that."

They even share classes.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The sorceress artwork is...suggestive.

edzepp on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Save? That marriage is already fucking DEAD. That doesn't sound healthy at all.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png