As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best (and worst) Swag?

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    uh you can get a full roll wrapped in plastic (like in the picture) at the booth via playing the game.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The day I got home I thought to myself, "I wish I had taken a couple rolls of that toilet paper."

Heh I've been saying that every day since I got home... although not always with toilet paper...

Oh yeah and I like the orange shirt! it's my favourite colour!

also are those MTG shoes and a hat???
    Dude, AWSOME!!!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    uh you can get a full roll wrapped in plastic (like in the picture) at the booth via playing the game.
    First guy to play it on Friday. No Paper rolls ready.
    Found out late Saturday, they ran out.

I was tempted to take a roll from the washrooms. BUT IT'S BEEN IN THE MEN'S WASHROOM!!! D:

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    PoisonRamunePoisonRamune Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The worst swag was waiting for me at home... My 360 decided to RRoD during my vacation.

PoisonRamune on
    rwn_bannersmlpa.gif
  • Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What was the greyish shirt with the winged Space Needle from?

Aion Launch party.

cocowoushi on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The worst swag was waiting for me at home... My 360 decided to RRoD during my vacation.

Mine did the day after :(. Of course it had to do so two days before The Beatles: Rock Band came out also.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    aybaybay123aybaybay123 Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here has a spare Dungeon Fighter Virtual Swag Code. It would be awesome if I can have one.

aybaybay123 on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I thought the TP was horrible advertising.

"Wipe your ass with our game!"

"We want our game associated with the act of shitting!"

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

You are either a very stupid man or have never played the game.. You save by taking a shit.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The worst swag from PAX was the swine flu.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

You are either a very stupid man or have never played the game.. You save by taking a shit.

The answer is #2.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

The answer is #2.

Alright, then all is forgiven.. *narrows eyes* For now.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

........REALLY? o_O

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited September 2009

........REALLY? o_O

12.jpg
    Saving.. SAVING... *GRUNT.. SPLASH* Ahhhh saved.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    revenge7revenge7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here has a spare Dungeon Fighter Virtual Swag Code. It would be awesome if I can have one.

Check the Swag Trading thread.

And I think my favorite swag is either the APB shirt or free KOTOR.

revenge7 on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Worst Swag: Hello Kitty Online

Why?: I played for about 10 minutes before being banned. I said that the game was "peaceful yet mindless", and questioned as to why the word "jesus" was censored; then my account was banned.

Why would they give something like that out at PAX? I don't even swear and I still got banned. What a waste -- not only for my time (installation, getting an account, etc.), but for Sanrio employees who spent their time giving it out -- how much money must they have wasted on this?

mully on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, for all it's worth, I'm level 13 in Hello Kitty Online. It's mindless, boring, and nothing but a big grind, but a few of us on the PAX IRC channel would love to have a guild. There's like, 4-5 guilds right now, maybe less.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    mully wrote: »

Why?: I played for about 10 minutes before being banned. I said that the game was "peaceful yet mindless", and questioned as to why the word "jesus" was censored; then my account was banned.

Why would they give something like that out at PAX? I don't even swear and I still got banned. What a waste -- not only for my time (installation, getting an account, etc.), but for Sanrio employees who spent their time giving it out -- how much money must they have wasted on this?

Lol, what a load, I remember when Jesus was banned in Gunbound but not Satan, I kept asking about that one. I asked if the Gunbound guys were Satanists. Also stairs used to be banned in Gunbound... o_O

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mully wrote: »

Lol, what a load, I remember when Jesus was banned in Gunbound but not Satan, I kept asking about that one. I asked if the Gunbound guys were Satanists. Also stairs used to be banned in Gunbound... o_O

Many words such as Cock weren't banned if they were the first word in your chat line.

Djiem on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    solomani wrote: »
    Got a picture of the Unicorn Poop one?

Here's some random kid on the web wearing it:
    pax09_winner_kid.jpg

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    solomanisolomani Sydney, AURegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    haha great shirt. I didn't see that otherwise I would have got it for my kids.

solomani on
  • Options
    ZanyZany Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

........REALLY? o_O

I thought the toilet paper was hilarious. I remember my friend dashing up to us with a handfull of it and commenting how he want to snag a full roll.

Zany on
  • Options
    JullesongJullesong Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Best: haven't decided yet...

Worst: Blizzard having absolutely NOTHING to give out. Geez, people, like you couldn't have saved *something* from Blizzcon for PAX attendees? Lame, very lame.

Jullesong on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jullesong wrote: »

Worst: Blizzard having absolutely NOTHING to give out. Geez, people, like you couldn't have saved *something* from Blizzcon for PAX attendees? Lame, very lame.

Blizzard and Rockstar wouldn't even talk to press..

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Blizzard and Rockstar wouldn't even talk to press..

The lamest.

It's not like Blizzard will have any lack of dollars or subscribers, but they could've had *something* for us. Royally pissed me off, especially since WoW is really only the game I play these days. With their lack of response, that's going to change, and they'll be losing some of my game hours.

Jullesong on
  • Options
    Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also stairs used to be banned in Gunbound... o_O

I wonder if that was goon-related.

Reverend Snide on
    Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • Options
    BozkoBozko Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

THIS IS A LIE

since i was cosplaying my Leeroy Jenkins Cosplay on friday i got a Blizzccon 09 Special Edition Authenticator and Blizzard Hand Sanitizer

also.

did anyone notice that the Resident Evil shirts given out have a face on the Inside of the shirt i bout shit bricks when i was puttign it on for the first time

Bozko on
    R.O.A.C.H. 's Aluminum Chef~
    SUPER VILLAINS UNITE!
    JOIN R.O.A.C.H. Today!
    The Destructive Kitchen
    R.O.A.C.H. Home Page
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Blizzard is very snooty with their booth. You walk up and start talking to the guys, and they all have this attitude, like: "I'm with Blizzard. We make World of Warcraft. What are you going to do for me?" And they fucking love to not answer questions. They get off on it. I swear to god they're masturbating under the table when they give out answers like "wait and see..." or "maybe, who knows..." with that cocky ass smirk on their faces.

I hate Blizzard's representation at places like PAX.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bozko wrote: »

THIS IS A LIE

since i was cosplaying my Leeroy Jenkins Cosplay on friday i got a Blizzccon 09 Special Edition Authenticator and Blizzard Hand Sanitizer

Bully for you. I got to the Blizzard booth within 20 minutes of opening on Friday morning and they had NOTHING. If they ran out that quickly, they should've brought much, much more.

Jullesong on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

THIS IS A LIE

Bully for you. I got to the Blizzard booth within 20 minutes of opening on Friday morning and they had NOTHING. If they ran out that quickly, they should've brought much, much more.

I asked them Friday if they had a merchandise stand to buy stuff from. They said they brought nothing and were planning on giving away some shirts on Saturday. The guy we talked to was polite. Kind of surprised they didn't even have stuff to sell.

solomani on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    also.

did anyone notice that the Resident Evil shirts given out have a face on the Inside of the shirt i bout shit bricks when i was puttign it on for the first time

Well, duh...

resident-evil-shirt.jpg
    resident-evil-zombie.jpg

Why do you think everyone wanted one?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It amused me that all the demo guys with the shirt had a second black shirt on under it so they wouldn't have to expose their manly chests. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It might just be my halloween costume for answering the door this year...

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Unicorn Poop T-shirt, the trophy "pelt" (ribbon with buttons) the wife and I completed to get them and the Gabe Bioshock 2 poster.

Worst? Meh, I don't really like to bitch about free stuff.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Legacy wrote: »
    also.

Well, duh...

resident-evil-shirt.jpg
    resident-evil-zombie.jpg

holy shit that's awesome. how were they distributed at PAX? i waiting in line for the RE5 demo and got the party pass but no shit there oor at the party

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I actually won one of those t-shirts from an outside contest.
    It's really, really awesome.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Legacy wrote: »
    also.

Well, duh...

resident-evil-shirt.jpg
    resident-evil-zombie.jpg

holy shit that's awesome. how were they distributed at PAX? i waiting in line for the RE5 demo and got the party pass but no shit there oor at the party

You had to sign up in pairs to play the Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles demo, which had 15-minute gameplay slots, meaning only about 72 people per day got a shirt. That, or you paid $25 for one from the store next door XD

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    SecComSecCom Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of people 'missed out' on lots of swag...
    Me included... didnt' really get ANYTHING awsome...
    Kicking myself for not doing all the swag collecting on Friday instead.
    Oh well... there's always next year!

Hopefully they will make a reprint of the PAX '09 shirt otherwise I might have to order myself a single custom one...
    Otherwise I don't really have anything else besides a "if this shirt doesn't stink, I'm not gaming hard enough" t-shirt :P

Maybe some of the really rare stuff gets passed out Friday, but from my experience, Sunday is always the best swag day. Stuff is lying around, booths are giving their shirts and posters away like crazy.

I love all the shirts I got this year, save for a couple maybe...but those make great nap shirts

On Sunday I was wearing a Lode Runner shirt, and I scored a free copy of the game because of it!

Guild Wars 2 book is awesome, I grabbed one of the last ones.

Valve, I really don't wanna wait 2 hours for a Left 4 Dead shirt, would've played on the consoles adjacent to the booth to get one, but they said no to that. I heard they finally tossed them Sunday, but I must've missed this. I really wanted one :(

I bought a bunch of stuff too this year - The red Castle Crashers t-shirt is amazing, totally worth it. Posters from Freezepop and Paul and Storm, happy to contribute! I wanted to buy a Freezepop album, but they were all out when I asked.

2 things I didn't get to buy - PAX09 shirt (not alone on this one) and those kick-ass Splosion Man models. I should've ponied up some dough for those sweet lookin Shank figurines, but I didn't feel good about doing it for a game I haven't played/don't even know if its coming out on something I can play it on.

SecCom on
    Lead Editor of http://fullnovazero.com We like to write about video games.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SecCom wrote: »
    Serenity wrote: »
    ...The red Castle Crashers
    .....kick-ass Splosion Man models.

Anybody got pics of these?
    I should've ponied up some dough for those sweet lookin Shank figurines, but I didn't feel good about doing it for a game I haven't played/don't even know if its coming out on something I can play it on.

I felt the same way about the Castle Crasher models. Played the game once, thought it was great, never played it again. So kind of didn't want to buy the models etc unless I had some kind of connection to the game beyond a 5 minute play through.

solomani on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You had to sign up in pairs to play the Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles demo, which had 15-minute gameplay slots, meaning only about 72 people per day got a shirt. That, or you paid $25 for one from the store next door XD

THey had two rooms, so they got almost 200 people through per day. I thought it was an awesome way to arrange demos as the morning line was short and fast moving and then you just showed up at your designated time. No 45-60 minute wait in line in order to play the game.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
This discussion has been closed.