As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Logitech G5 problems

Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I just got this mouse and while I am mostly very happy with it, there are a few things that irk me.

I want to bind the two thumb buttons so that one is used to trigger Teamspeak and the other is used for an in-game function. (Freelook in Arma 2) The method that Logitech says to use is to bind the buttons to keyboard presses and then bind those functions to those keys, and this works for one button but not the other. No matter what I try I can't seem to get the smaller of the two thumb buttons to trigger anything in either any of my games or in TS.

Any tips?

steam_sig.png
Lord Yod on

• Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmm... most games recognize the thumb buttons. What driver are you using?

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I use the MX518 (older brother of the G5) without any drivers and have pretty much that setup you describe in L4D. Logitech drivers drives me nuts so I don't use them. The fuck up the acceleration something fierce.

Are you sure you can't just use it as it is in your game?

Movitz on